Add a Photo

By TARTE
#12 in Eyeshadow
New Products - 15% off and Free Shipping Over $40.

15% OFF

New Products - 15% off and Free Shipping Over $40.

1 days left

Up to 50% off Sale items.

50% OFF

Up to 50% off Sale items.
Free Shipping on $40+ order. Continental U.S. Only.

FREE SHIPPING

Free Shipping on $40+ order. Continental U.S. Only.
Free Shipping and Sample on Orders of $75CAD and Up.

FREE SHIPPING

Free Shipping and Sample on Orders of $75CAD and Up.
Free Shipping on Orders of £40 and Up.

FREE SHIPPING

Free Shipping on Orders of £40 and Up.
Free Sample with any order.

FREE GIFT

Free Sample with any order.
A kaleidoscopic, unicorn-inspired eyeshadow palette with 10 radiant shadows and a strobing eye and cheek highlighter. The Make Believe In Yourself Eye & Cheek Palette features hypnotic shades that can be layered with the matte base and the strobing eye and cheek highlighter for a multi-faceted, fairy-like glow. Infused with Amazonian clay and mineral pigments, the silky-soft formula blends to a fine, long-lasting finish without any fallout or chalkiness. This palette contains: - 10 x 0.105 oz/ 3 g Eyeshadow in Magic (bronze shimmer), Wings (copper shimmer), Marvel (metallic sage shimmer), Trance (taupe slate shimmer), Fairy (metallic lavender shimmer), Mystic (blue pearl shimmer), Dream (turquoise shimmer), Crystal (iridescent champagne shimmer), Pixie (golden pink shimmer), Believe (pearl highlight shimmer) - 0.105 oz/ 3 g Strobing Eye and Cheek Highlighter in Myth (matte nude) It is formulated Without: - Parabens - Phthalates This product is ophthalmologist tested, safe for contact lens wearers, and is dermatologist tested.
Photos (249)
Christine D.
Christine D.
Waipahu, HI

I finally hopped on the unicorn train and I am so glad that I did! My neutral palettes needs to chill in my drawers for now because Spring season really opened up my heart on trying out colorful & shimmery eyeshadows. This little stunner really captured my heart. It's a unicorn theme palette. The packaging is obviously beautiful. I’ve always loved Tarte’s eyeshadow case/packaging. It’s sturdy and the gold case just makes it really look classy and high end looking. I also love the huge mirror on this palette. It has 9 shimmery shades, 1 matte & 1 highligter. When I opened up the palette, I was mesmerized. This is the kind of makeup that you don’t want to touch because it’s so gorgeous and you just want to stare and admire it’s beauty. The matte was amazing. I love it and it’s buttery, very easy to blend and I thought it was a nice transition shade for your crease and it matches on every shimmer shades on this palette. The shimmer shades however was kind of a shock to me. 😂😅 I wasn’t sure on how to describe the texture of it. I wouldn’t say buttery but it’s smooth and it applies well when I am using my finger. However, my fluffy brush had a hard time picking up so I used my flat brush instead & that went okay. My first time applying this, my lids had a full on shimmer & glitter so I was like omg omg omg I put too much. 😂 My bad. LOL! It was funny because I look like I’ve been showered with pixie dust. 😂 I would say it’s very pigmented and there’s only a minimal fallout. This is completely new to me and I’m still playing with it. I am trying different techniques and I am having lots of fun with it. I am glad that I bought this because it’s such a fun makeup and the colors are really gorgeous. Would I recommend this to a friend? If you’re adventurous enough and you love the unicorn theme & the glitter life then I think this is for you. 🦄
Ashley S.
Ashley S.

I only have one Tarte palette and it's the Showstopper palette, I'm usually not compelled to buy much of their other palettes because I feel like they're all the same: Browns and plums.  I saw this with all the bright colors and I was like "MINE!"  It's just so different from all their other palettes.  I love neutrals, but I love to play with bold colors as well, and while these shades are bolder, they're still subtle.  All of these colors apply beautifully, some even take on a duo-chrome effect when applied wet.  The highlighter in the center didn't perform well at all as a face highlighter but I like to use it in the inner corner sometimes.  And while it was great that they included a matte transition color, I would have liked for at least a couple more mattes for more complete looks.  I would have preferred that over the face highlighter.  So unfortunately, you may have to pull in other palettes for more complete looks.  But in general I think this is an awesome palette and it's great to see Tarte step out of their neutral/purple comfort zone.  I'd love to see a follow-up to this palette that's a little more comprehensive.
Afifa D.
Afifa D.

I love tarte!!! If you follow my page, it's mostly tarte products. However, the new make believe in yourself palette made my jaw drop!! I used for the first time on Easter Sunday and obviously I was running late. I decided to use the palette for the first time so at least I can take some good pictures for my makeup page. I barley dipped my brush into the matte shade (myth) for my crease, and I was blown away. Since I didn't have a lot of time to get ready, I didn't apply any eyelid primer. I literally had to stop and take a moment to myself because of the gorgeous color!! Remember when I said I was running late? Well, it didn't matter then. Lol!! I told myself "this is the most beautiful transition color ever." This will be definitely my go to transition color. Now to the glitter colors. I also used fairy, pixi, and the highlighter shades. Once again, the pigmentation, the velvety texture, and of course the yummy smell has me blown away. Can't wait to use the other shades in this gorgeous palette!! tarte Make Believe In Yourself: Eye & Cheek Palette
Elizabeth S.
Elizabeth S.
Lexington, KY

This pallet has nine shimmer eye shadows, one matte shadow, and a duo chrome highlighter in the center. The reason I give this pallet a four is because I'm not a huge fan of the highlight texture. It is a gorgeous pearl yellow duo chrome but I find it to be chunky and it applies chunky on the skin. You add a little fix + though, and it's pretty nice. The pallet has a few shades that are duo chrome and I think they are absolutely stunning! There are also a few shadows I would describe as foils that are also gorgeous. The matte shade is bendable, smooth, and a perfect transition shade. Each shadow has amazing color pay-off and is long-wearing. The packaging is so cute, compact, and the mirror is great. I will say that you cannot create an entire look with this pallet, as there is only one matte and I wouldn't recommend these being in your crease or outter corners unless that is your thing. I do love this pallet overall and think it's worth the money if you're into looking like a stunning mermaid princess or a glowing unicorn!
Katelyn J.
Katelyn J.
Elizabeth, NJ

Bought this at Sephora:

Pros: I am still impressed with the pigmentation this little guy provides. The metallic shades are gorgeous and are perfect for the summer time! I can't wait to test this out once the weather warms up a bit, but for now the shadows are sticking through for about 6/7 hours on my oily skin. The highlight in the middle is very pretty too! And the packaging is stunning. Great to add to a collection.

Cons: There is only ONE matte shade for a transition color. I think that's a big fault with this palette. It doesn't give you the ability to bring this one palette on vacation, you'll always need another. And the one shade they chose is very light, even on my porcelain skin it doesn't show up. So I virtually don't see a point to add it in. I would have much rather this just be a metallic eyeshadow palette.

I think the price point of $40 is reasonable, I would have liked it better if I would have use for all the shadows. tarte Make Believe In Yourself: Eye & Cheek Palette
Andi B.
Andi B.
Simpsonville, SC

This palette definitely has its pros and cons.

The colors are gorgeous. It is the perfect balance of neutrals and jewel tones. Even as a 32 year old, I feel like the colors are wearable without making me look like I'm trying too hard. That being said, this isn't a palette you save up for to be your "one palette." If I want a colorful eye, I like mixing with the KVD Pastel Goth and if I want more neutral I will mix it with one of the 1000000000 neutral palettes I already own. All of the colors can instantly kick up any eye look you are doing.

As for cons...like most similar shadows I own, fall out is crazy. Also not all of my brushes like picking up the color. Once I get enough on my eyes, it blends nicely. I recommend using fingers then a brush.

I also don't get why they call it a cheek and eye palette. It has the highlighter. One shade could make a nice blush, but the pan size is small, so it is difficult.
Jessica G.
Jessica G.
Lk Barrington, IL

Let me begin by saying I fell in love with this palette when I saw it online the day it launched. I ordered it right away, with the brush set as well. When it arrived, it was just as beautiful as the photos. I swatched the colors with my fingers and was SO impressed.....AND THEN... I went to use it... and NOTHING. Brushes did not pick up any color. I watched a ton of reviews and tutorials on youtube, hoping maybe I was just doing it wrong. I switched to a dense brush and added fix plus, but I still had to pack on soooo much product on my eyelid to get the color to show up. I wanted to love this so much, so I continued to try it out every day for a week.. in the end, I took it back to Sephora. I couldn't get over how much effort (and product) was needed to make the colors really show up. So disappointing, because the colors are truly beautiful.... =(
April B.
April B.

When I saw this palette I knew that I needed it. I didn't have anything else like it in my collection. The shades are beautiful. I love that most of the shades are shimmery/metallic because I don't have many of those kinds of shadows. The formula is soft and buttery and blends out very nicely. There is a small amount of fallout but that's mostly because of how soft the shadows are plus they are quite glittery. It might seem odd that they randomly threw in a highlighter in the middle of the palette, but I really like it plus it adds a nice pop of light to the eyes as well as anywhere else on the face. As always this palette smells amazing, at least I think all of tarte's palettes smell the same. Anyways I highly recommend this. It is limited edition so if you want it, you better get it while it's still available.
Bry L.
Bry L.
Mount Olive, NC

This is by far the most beautiful palette in the world, Im a palette and beauty junkie and this is by far the most amazing palette I've ever even touched. (I HAVE EVERY PALETTE EVER , trust me) it blends soooo beautiful, it's insanely pigmented and lasts forever! I've even slept in it (and it stays perfectly) when I swatched it, it even stained my arms a bit! I really hope they make this permanent because of buy over and over again. I'm normally a neutral girl, and this palette has beautiful neutrals but even the actual colors are so beautiful muted and duo chromed that they are so easy to wear and don't look like a clown! I love this soooooo much. It's insane, the highlighter is a little chalky but if you spray your brush with a setting spray it goes on beautiful and blinding!
Ashley P.
Ashley P.

My boyfriend recently surprised me with this beautiful palette. I was so excited I just looked at it - it was almost too pretty to use... but that didn't last long. I was dying to test out the colors. I did a beautiful look for a work party I attend and it looked amazing. The colors are nicely pigmented. I am not someone who usually applies a lot of glitter or glittery shadows but these are different. I loved the pop of color and the glitter thats included in it. I think that with some products that contain glitter you can look juvenile depending on the consistency, how fine the powder is, and of course - how you apply it, but with this products quality and fine pigmentation I even love how the glitter shadows apply.
Haley B.
Haley B.
Elmendorf Afb, AK

Is this worth the buy? Is there a lot of fall out? Is it pigmented? Buttery feeling??
Alecia K.
Alecia K.

Is this worth it?
Megan S.
Megan S.
Kingston, Ontario

How much of a must have is this?!? I need to know 💁
Rebecca B.
Rebecca B.
Ashland, PA

I am so in love with this palette but it looks small and thus doesnt seem like it's worth the $40. Should I do it? Is it worth it?
MELANIE C.
MELANIE C.
Mississauga, Ontario

Tell me why I need this in my life? I have heard some negative comments from a friend about Tarte eyeshadows but it is mostly towards the Amazonian Clay which I know this is not. Is this a great palette? Is it worth the money?