BY TARTE #10 in Lip Stain

tarte’s iconic celebrity-favorite lip tint with a soft, velvet matte finish.

Product performance: Meet your perfect matte - tarte’s award-winning, 3-in-1 lip tint offers the pigmented performance of a lipstick combined with the creamy moisture of a gloss and a rich balm. Infused with skinvigorating™ ingredients like vitamins C & E, this nourishing formula moisturizes and smooths the appearance of lips while delivering natural-looking color with a soft matte finish. Simply twist up the automatic pencil tip and glide it over lips to deliver the ultimate in fashion-matte perfection.

Lively Ingredients: Octyldodecanol, candelilla cera/euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/cire de candelilla, C12-15 alkyl ethylhexanoate, isopropyl palmitate, cyclopentasiloxane, silica, nylon-12, VP/eicosene copolymer, mica, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax /cera carnauba/cire de carnauba, disteardimonium hectorite, phenyl trimethicone, C12-18 acid triglyceride, benzophenone-3, caprylic/capric triglyceride, caprylyl glycol, castor oil bis-hydroxypropyl dimethicone esters, dimethicone, dimethyl isosorbide, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, limonene, linalool, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, palmitoyl hexapeptide-14, propylene carbonate, retinyl palmitate, salicornia herbacea extract, sodium saccharin, sorbitan stearate, tin oxide, tocopheryl acetate. (+/-): Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), red 40 lake (CI 16035), red 27 lake (CI 45410), iron oxides (CI 77492, CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).

Fiery and Lucky Ingredients: Octyldodecanol, candelilla cera/euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/cire de candelilla, C12-15 alkyl ethylhexanoate, isopropyl palmitate, cyclopentasiloxane, silica, nylon-12, VP/eicosene copolymer, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax /cera carnauba/cire de carnauba, disteardimonium hectorite, phenyl trimethicone, C12-18 acid triglyceride, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, benzophenone-3, caprylyl glycol, castor oil bis-hydroxypropyl dimethicone esters, dimethicone, dimethyl isosorbide, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, limonene, linalool, palmitoyl hexapeptide-14, propylene carbonate, retinyl palmitate, salicornia herbacea extract, sodium saccharin, sorbitan stearate, tocopheryl acetate. (+/-): Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), yellow 6 lake (CI 15985), red 40 lake (CI 16035), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).

Envy Ingredients: Octyldodecanol, candelilla cera/euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/cire de candelilla, C12-15 alkyl ethylhexanoate, isopropyl palmitate, cyclopentasiloxane, silica, nylon-12, mica, VP/eicosene copolymer, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax /cera carnauba/cire de carnauba, disteardimonium hectorite, phenyl trimethicone, C12-18 acid triglyceride, benzophenone-3, caprylic/capric triglyceride, caprylyl glycol, castor oil bis-hydroxypropyl dimethicone esters, dimethicone, dimethyl isosorbide, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, limonene, linalool, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, palmitoyl hexapeptide-14, propylene carbonate, retinyl palmitate, salicornia herbacea extract, sodium saccharin, sorbitan stearate, tocopheryl acetate. (+/-): Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), red 40 lake (CI 16035), blue 1 lake (CI 42090), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).

Hope Ingredients: Octyldodecanol, candelilla cera/euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/cire de candelilla, C12-15 alkyl ethylhexanoate, isopropyl palmitate, cyclopentasiloxane, silica, nylon-12, mica, VP/eicosene copolymer, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax /cera carnauba/cire de carnauba, disteardimonium hectorite, phenyl trimethicone, C12-18 acid triglyceride, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, benzophenone-3, caprylyl glycol, castor oil bis-hydroxypropyl dimethicone esters, dimethicone, dimethyl isosorbide, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, limonene, linalool, palmitoyl hexapeptide-14, propylene carbonate, retinyl palmitate, salicornia herbacea extract, sodium saccharin, sorbitan stearate, tocopheryl acetate. (+/-): Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), red 40 lake (CI 16035), blue 1 lake (CI 42090), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).

Exposed Ingredients: Octyldodecanol, candelilla cera/euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/cire de candelilla, C12-15 alkyl ethylhexanoate, isopropyl palmitate, cyclopentasiloxane, silica, nylon-12, VP/eicosene copolymer, mica, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax /cera carnauba/cire de carnauba, disteardimonium hectorite, phenyl trimethicone, C12-18 acid triglyceride, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, benzophenone-3, caprylic/capric triglyceride, caprylyl glycol, castor oil bis-hydroxypropyl dimethicone esters, dimethicone, dimethyl isosorbide, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, limonene, linalool, palmitoyl hexapeptide-14, propylene carbonate, retinyl palmitate, salicornia herbacea extract, sodium saccharin, sorbitan stearate, tocopheryl acetate. (+/-): Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), red 40 lake (CI 16035), yellow 5 lake (CI 19140), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).

tarte LipSurgence™ Matte Lip Tint
  • "I have many many many tarte LipSurgence lip tints both matte and non varieties. This particular one in the shade of dark berry is really nice and dramatic. It actually makes me feel like Angela Chase from My So Called Life, so nineties. It's matte without being overly dry and it has decent staying power. A new favorite shade of an all time favorite product. " in 119 reviews
  • "@tartecosmetics Lipsurgence in Tempted is one of my favorite go to colors. The formula is matte, non-drying, long lasting and gorgeous! Tarte carries several beautiful colors in the line. Obviously a definite Worth Sharing! //no filter/ no editing/ real-life makeup// #tarte #tartecosmetics #lipsurgence #makeup #beauty IG : worth_sharing" in 107 reviews
Kimberly S.
Proctorville, OH
Here's another tarte product that I'm absolutely in love with! As a matter of fact, it's the very first product that I ever owned from tarte. It is a matte lip stain that comes in crayon form. It Glides on beautifully just like a regular lipstick, but softens down to the perfect stain. There are several different shades of available. I myself love the shade fiery, which is the perfect red for any skin tone! Like most lip stains, this one lasts for hours. If you're a fan of lip stains, I highly recommend giving lip surgence from tarte a try! You can find this online at both Sephora and tarte.com, or in store at Sephora.
Samina A.
Ozone Park, NY
Review for: Tempted (dark berry) more...
I’m south East Asian with oily acne prone, hyperpigmentation prone, sensitive skin with a medium tan skin tone. This tarte lip product is a hybrid of a lip tint balm and a lipstick in the form of a twist up chunky pencil. The color range is nice, the formula is creamy and like the lightweight feel of it with a minty taste. I didn’t think it was the best value Bc you can’t maintain the shape of the tip as it is a twist up design. I would only repurchase at a steep discount.
Alexandra B.
Austin, IN
Review for: Other more...
I received the tarte lipsurgence about a month ago and I’m honestly in love. It’s pigmentation is magnificent and applies so smoothly to the lips. It has all day stay and only needs applied after eating. The color selection is not only diverse but gorgeous and offers both warm and cool tones. The packaging is also adorable and compact which is perfect for on the go application.
I would repurchase this product in a heartbeat. All though I don’t see myself having to anytime soon since there is an exceptional amount of product in the tube. This is just one of my many favorite Tarte products. You should definitely check this product out for yourself!
Demetra C.
Review for: Other more...
I own the  tarte LipSurgence™ Matte Lip Tint in the shades eternal and fancy. They feel dry initially, but they are not once settled into the lips. They are opaque in one swipe. They smell minty, and I do not mind that at all. I appreciate lip products that have interesting smells to them. Fancy is a deep berry color, whereas eternal resembles a pink shade with an orange undertone. Both shades are unique and look great on my warm, olive skin tone.
Viviam V.
Austin
Love these!! They apply smoothly and have good pigmentation. They can also be built up for a more saturated look. Beware of the slight minty feel if you're overly sensitive. It doesn't bother me at all...it's actually a plus for me. Lovely color range too. Not drying so they will transfer but last a ling time on the lips.
amy s.
I really like this. It gives a nice wash of color and smells really good. It isn’t crazy pigmented, but is buildable. It is a little pricey for what the product is but I got mine in a beauty subscription box, so I don’t mind! I wouldn’t repurchase, but that’s because I like my lip products to have a bit ore pigment payoff.
Caroline H.
Hickory, NC
Review for: Tempted (dark berry) more...
I find myself using this shade much more than the regular finish lip surgence which I have in Charmed, and Joy. Tempted is a nice dark red, unlike some which can have a hint of pink this is just a true wine red. It's a flattering shade with my pale skin and dark hair but it would also be a flattering shade on anyone! It's a good daytime/work shade. The ONLY downfall is it can become a little dry which sucks, but nothing a little clear chapstick can’t fix :)
Laura M.
Holmes, NY
Review for: Lucky (light pink) more...
I liked this product solely for the ease of application. I love lip stains because I don't feel like the product goes on and stays thick or flakes off. And I do like how lip stains last much longer. However when putting this on my lips felt pretty dry and almost chalky after being on for a while. And I honestly can't stand that feeling. The color however was very bold and pretty true to the packaging
Jenny C.
Combs, KY
A couple years ago, I received a sample of this in my Ipsy bag and absolutely fell in love. I kept trying to buy it on the Tarte website and it was always sold out. I bought my sisters sample off of her as well. lol. I finally got to buy a few of these Tarte LipSurgence Matte lippie and I still wear it today. It wears like a dream. I absolutely love this lip product and would recommend this to anyone.
Kat M.
I absolutely love this stuff. I got it in my ipsy bag and was not at all disappointed. It went on so smoothly and even helps when I have chapped lips. It has a minty scent to it, it's so fresh and clean feeling. It doesn't clump or feel uncomfortable or dry out my lips. The wear doesn't last as long as a lot of tarte makeup but that never bothered me because I love applying this stuff!
Gabriela M. S.
Santa Ana
Is the product worth the price?
Angelina R.
Is it a light tint or does it look more like a lipstick?
Whitney G.
Longmont, CO
How is the staying power on this lip tint? Is it drying to the lips?
Syoullina D.
I have beem looking for new lipstick so i wanna try this out. Do you guys have opinion about this one?
Christie K.
Walker, LA
I have another of tarte's products, it's a lip crime in Wonder. That one lasts hours for me. How long does this tint stay on?