The lip creme de la creme – an ultra-moisturizing, full coverage lip creme providing a rich, creamy color veil with a luxurious texture.

Powered by: vitamins (A, C, E)

Vitamin A: Vitamin A can be found naturally in many fruits, vegetables and proteins, and plays a vital role in the human body for necessary functions – immunity, vision, reproduction – but it is also important in skin health. Widely-known for its anti-aging properties, Vitamin A has been proven to treat various skin conditions including wrinkles, acne, eczema, stretch marks and hyperpigmentation. It stimulates processes in the skin that promote collagen production, cell turnover, and moisture retention to plump fine lines and wrinkles while smoothing texture for the appearance of younger-looking skin. Also a powerful antioxidant, Vitamin A helps fight free radicals to prevent early signs of aging.

Vitamin C: Naturally found in many fruits and vegetables, Vitamin C is widely-known for its antioxidant properties in the human body and the skin. It has been proven to neutralize free radicals and prevent early signs of aging, while rejuvenating dull, uneven skin for a brighter, more radiant complexion. In addition to its antioxidant benefits, Vitamin C promotes collagen production and strengthens the skin’s barrier to smooth wrinkles, combat sagging and aid in healing for an overall healthy-looking appearance.

Vitamin E: As the oldest and most well-known antioxidant, Vitamin E has been shown to boost the immune system when incorporated into a healthy diet, but it also has widely-recognized benefits when used topically on the skin. Vitamin E protects against UV-induced free radicals, and its anti-inflammatory properties can help improve the appearance of existing skin damage. This natural preservative also nourishes dry skin while preventing moisture loss, leaving the skin soft and supple.

Wonder Ingredients: Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, cetyl ethylhexanoate, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, hydrogenated polyisobutene, polyethylene, triisostearin, polybutene, octyldodecanol, Candelilla Cera/Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Cire de candelilla, paraffin, aroma/flavor, tocopheryl acetate, phenoxyethanol, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, triethoxycaprylylsilane, passiflora edulis seed oil, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), yellow 5 lake (CI 19140), red 7 lake (CI 15850), iron oxides (CI  77499), red 6 (CI 15850).

Serene Ingredients: ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, cetyl ethylhexanoate, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, hydrogenated polyisobutene, polyethylene, triisostearin, polybutene, octyldodecanol, candelilla cera/euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/cire de candelilla, paraffin, aroma/flavor, caprylyl glycol, tocopheryl acetate, ethylhexylglycerin , simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, triethoxycaprylylsilane, passiflora edulis seed oil, yellow 5 lake (CI 19140), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), red 7 lake (CI 15850), iron oxides (CI 77499), red 6 (CI 15850).

Illusion Ingredients: cetyl ethylhexanoate, hydrogenated polyisobutene, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, polyethylene, triisostearin, polybutene octyldodecanol, candelilla cera/euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/cire de candelilla, paraffin, aroma/flavor, caprylyl glycol, tocopheryl acetate, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, ethylhexylglycerin, triethoxycaprylylsilane, passiflora edulis seed oil. May Contain/Peut Contenir/(+/-): yellow 5 lake (CI 19140), red 7 lake (CI 15850), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), red 6 (CI 15850), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), blue 1 lake (CI 42090).

Empowered Ingredients: Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, hydrogenated polyisobutene, polyethylene, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, triisostearin, polyisobutene, octyldodecanol, candelilla cera/euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/cire de candelilla, paraffin, aroma/flavor, mica, caprylyl glycol, tocopheryl acetate, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, ethylhexylglycerin, triethoxycaprylylsilane, passiflora edulis seed oil. May contain/ peut contenir (+/-): Tin Oxide, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), yellow 5 lake (CI 19140), red 7 lake (CI 15850), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), red 6 (CI 15850), blue 1 lake (CI 42090).

Made in China.

will this lipstick come off onto your cup?
Does anyone know if Tarte changed their formula for their LipSurgence collection? I absolutely loved my old “Hope” lipsurgence but can not seem to find it anywhere anymore.
How is the pigment tarte LipSurgence™ Lip Creme? [user:itsmejenyah]
Start your review of tarte LipSurgence™ Lip Creme!
Product Highlights
“The Tarte Lipsurgence is a no brainer when it comes to lip products. They are incredibly moisturizing, not sticky, self-sharpening, and portable in a handbag. With a wide range of colors, you are sure to find something that fits any skin tone, personality, or occasion. Great minty scent/flavor too, without the tingle. **I purchased my Tarte Lipsurgence with my own money. ” in 565 reviews
“I wear this in the color Hope and I love this SO much! When you first apply it's creamy and when it dries to a matte finish it doesn't feel like anything is even on your lips. ” in 545 reviews
“The regular lustre and the matte LipSurgence lipsticks are both richly tinted and long lasting. The matte is not drying which is rare in a matte formula. A go to product for me. Love all the colors. They fell great on and look super pretty.” in 308 reviews
“...super moisturizing. To quote a friend who loves MAC "Your lips have this healthy matte look."” in 262 reviews
I'm a huge fan of Tarte's Lip Lingerie, but this was a clear miss. I understand LipSurgence is just a hint of color, but it looked more "washed out" than anything. In fact, the color only lasted mere minutes. Not a big fan of the slight mint flavor. I love Tartes products, but this was a huge disappointment.
Charlotte
Review for: Illusion
This lady from tar is absolutely amazing the color is beautiful it stays on all day and I'm absolutely living for the color in the shade ranges they're all so beautiful and super easy to use they last for a long long time and easy to store and carry I highly recommend these
Roswell, Georgia
They do a very good job with their formulas. They are very creamy and they do not dry out your lips which is extremely helpful since my lips are prone to drying out.
Greenfield, WI
Review for: Illusion
I love this lip creme! I received a mini version in an Ipsy bag and I love the bright color. The pigment is very packed and the texture is so smooth. It feels like lip balm, and looks like lipstick, with a nourishing feel. There’s even like a minty tingle. In more of a nude, I’d wear it every day.
I got this as a sample in the color Wonder. It was a beautiful color and was beautiful on the lips as well. I really enjoyed this lip creme as it was very light, the smell was very nice, smooth and lasted for awhile. I would buy this again and recommend this to others!
Feels good on, nice medium colour payoff, easy to use. I wouldn't say that it's long lasting, but it doesn't bother my to have to re-apply lipstick. In fact, I rather enjoy doing it. One tube lasts you a while, highly recommend.
Ocala, FL
Purchased at: ULTA
I love the lip creme formula it's fantastic for getting a color that pops. However, the creamy lip creme can be a little oily compared to a normal lip stick. However, this is fantastic for dry lips! I'd recommend this item to a friend anytime they want a creamier lipstick.
Los Angeles, CA
Review for: Illusion
I was gifted this and use to wear it every day. The lip creams felt moisturizing but I wish it had better lasting power. I ended up switching to another lip creme with spf
Aurora, CO
Review for: Illusion
This lip surgence by Tarte was very "interresting." I did like the feel of it and it WAS super moisturizing and conditioning- the down side was that for the colour stability.. It just was NOT there. Very streaky and unsteady. For a true treatment for your lips, I sure would not look at a makeup brand like Tarte--even though I admire them for attempting with this product. It just was not a winner for me. Complete honesty for you here!! 😃
Eden Prairie, MN
Review for: Illusion
This is one of my favorite on the go moisturizing lip cremes. What is great about it is it adds color, while moisturizing and feeling like a chapstick, but it’s long lasting and doesn’t smudge. I have one in my purse, my make up bag and on my vanity.

226 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
9 months ago
tarte LipSurgence™ Lip Creme ? Does it looks like matte?
Courtney P. • 6 months ago
Yes. Matte and Hydrated. :)
Berkshire
2 years ago
tarte LipSurgence™ Lip Creme How pigmented is it and how long dose it last
Kylee S. • 2 years ago
It has a lot of colour but it dose not stay long it comes off in everything.