BY TARTE

A line-filling, leave-on lip primer to help smooth and condition lips.

Product performance: Prime, treat and defend lips from environmental damage with each refreshing application of this plush daily lip treatment. The primer, plumper and moisturizing balm features a transparent, coconut oil-infused formula that disappears into lips and helps smooth and improve the look and wear of your favorite lipstick. It can also be used to refresh lips throughout the day or as a soothing overnight treatment. The vegan friendly, antioxidant-rich formula is powered by tarte’s Rainforest of the Sea™ complex to protect lips while promoting firmness and elasticity.

Ingredients: Isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, glyceryl tribehenate/isostearate/eicosandioate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, polypropylene, disteardimonium hectorite, silica, microcrystalline wax/microcristallina cera/cire microcristalline, parfum/fragrance, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, tocopheryl acetate, algae extract, gardenia tahitensis flower, tocopherol.

Formulated without parabens, formulated without mineral oil, formulated without  phthalates, formulated without sodium lauryl sulfates, formulated without gluten.

Manufactured in Italy. Assembled in Taiwan.

• Does this allow for putting colors (matte or satin) over ...1 Answers
  • My lips are horribly dry no matter what! Do you all recom...3 Answers
  • How does this work? When should i apply it?2 Answers
tarte Lipsaver Treatment Primer
  • "It feels a little weird when you first put it on, but this is the first lip primer I have tried. I wasn't expecting the thick milky texture of it. Besides that, I absolutely love it! I love the Too Faced Melted Matte lipsticks but they dry my lips out so much throughout the day. If I apply this primer before my matte lipstick it keeps my lips soft and moisturized all day. I won't put on any matte lipstick without using this first." in 10 reviews
Bay P.
This feels great on my lips, but as a primer I was hoping it would do a better job on keeping my lipstick from wearing so quickly. I would prefer a lip scrub to this, but still 3 stars because it’s good for hydrating.
Lisa C.
I also love this product. It moisturizes the lips perfectly. It was my first time trying this product. I absolutely love it. I use it a few times a week. I brought it from online tarte cosmetics for $16 bucks.
Kayla H.
Bellingham , WA
This product is ok, it kinda of drys out my lips, but honestly it could be a number of factors of why it does that. It could be the lip stick or it could be that I don't always exfoliate before I use. I am gonna give it another shot before I say no more.
Jessica K.
Orlando, FL
I really like this lip primer. So far I've tried it under Tarte's creamy matte lip paints, quick dry matte lip paints, and glossy lip paints. I've also tried it under other brands of liquid lipsticks as well as under some of my creamy lipsticks.

After exfoliating my lips, I apply just a tiny amount to my fingertip and rub it over the lips. I wait for it to completely dry (it dries pretty quickly) and then I apply my lip color.

When I first tried this primer, I didn't care for it. I stuck it in my cabinet, figuring it was a dud. A couple of weeks ago I decided to try it again, and this time I realized what I'd been doing wrong. I was applying way too much and I was taking too long to spread it over the lips, which left it looking patchy and made my lips look like they were covered in gunk. It didn't look nice under my liquid lipsticks at all. I also wasn't exfoliating like I should have been.

Now, I'm so happy I tried it again! It's honestly the best thing ever! It keeps my matte liquid lipsticks from drying my lips out and making them look parched. It also makes my creamy and glossy lip colors last throughout the workday without touch-ups. I use it every day, and I will continue to use it every time I apply lip color!
member-01ba3
I've only ever tried a few lip primers but out of all of them this one is by far my favorite. It helps with dryness, and also helps keep your lipstick in place all day.
Erin S.
Valerie A.
Boston, MA
I bought this product on a whim from Tarte's website because it was on sale. I didn't really have any expectations for it, was mostly just curious. Well, I was pleasantly surprised. I really do think this primer helps with the longevity of lipsticks. It's lightweight and doesn't dry out my lips (though it's not super moisturizing, either). I think it gives a nice base for color to cling to. I definitely notice a difference in the wear of my lip products when I use this. I will repurchase.
Dani M.
bellingham, WA
my first tarte purchase and it was complete trash. oops i meant miss. but really it was trash. Not worth the price to product ratio at all I think it is very overpriced. I have super chapped lips and all this did was make it more dry and have a dusty white residue on my lips. not cute. not to mention the shipping took a month to get to my house.
Claire C.
As someone with very dry lips, this particular lip primer is a lifesaver! Not only does it keep my lipstick color looking great after quite a few hours, it also prevents my lips from cracking and making the lipstick look very unevenly applied. This primer is also especially useful on the lips before applying very drying or matteifying lipsticks.
I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! This product helps lipstick go on smoother and looks better. The cutest package ever! This is my first time buying it. I got it at Sephora but you can also get it at Ulta I believe. I would recommend this product!
Alexandra R.
Rio Grande City, TX
My lips are horribly dry no matter what! Do you all recommend this? Did it actually work?
Melanie R.
san Juan, P.R.
How does this work? When should i apply it?
Alana C.
Northridge, CA
I am always using Chapstick and lip treatment products because my lips are always so chapped! How do you guys feel about this product? Has it hydrated and softened your dry, cracked lips?
Libby G.
Does this allow for putting colors (matte or satin) over it? Is the purpose to increase longevity of color or reduce dryness?