BY TARTE #7 in Mascara

A cult classic for over a decade, this best-selling vegan mascara lengthens, curls, volumizes & conditions, acting like a push-up bra for your lashes.

• olive esters: condition, treat & protect lashes
  • rice bran wax: natural wax that helps lengthen the appearance of lashes
  • carnauba wax: an emollient from the leaves of the carnauba palm to ensure a smooth application
  • provitamin B5: helps hydrate & improve the appearance of lashes
  • mineral pigments: soothe & soften skin around the lashline
  • vitamin C: antioxidant that helps fight free radicals

Product performance: Curls & separates every lash with a 360° magniLASH wand for a naturally defined & voluminous look. The mascara’s blend of good-for-you ingredients like rice bran, olive esters & provitamin B5 soften & nourish lashes with each stroke

• Is this mascara really as amazing as they make it out to be? Or i...46 Answers
  • tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes™ 4-in-1 Mascara would you buy it??7 Answers
  • Do you thing that this product is heavy? tarte Lights, Camera, L...4 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
carla l.
Salem, OR
Beauty Junkie Expert
For the most part I enjoyed this mascara.  I'd read a bunch of reviews about it--both positive and negative--but I was intrigued and really wanted to try it out.  Opening it, it appeared that the wand had somewhat short bristles which made me a little skeptical but I was pleasantly surprised at how well the brush separated my lashes and truly gave them a good amount of length.  It isn't at all a "fluffy" wand so it didn't really seem to provide much volume but the definition was great.  The formula of the mascara itself is also really nice and while it isn't necessarily a "wet" mascara, it definitely isn't dry either and it's just a nice middle-of-the-road consistency.  Perhaps due to the nature of the formula, it didn't flake OR transfer at all throughout the day and was amazingly easy to remove at the end of the day just using a micellar water.  The only thing that knocked this from a 5-star product to 4 stars in my estimation is that I wish that it had provided more volume, but other than that it's a nice, solid mascara.
Savannah P.
Texarkana, TX
I absolutely love this mascara, it’s my go to. I’ve not found anything I don’t like about it yet. Other than the unique packaging, I love the mascara wand. The formula is awesome and I find myself using it so often and enjoying it that I use most all of it before it dries up and wastes. I’ve not found a mascara like this yet! It makes my lashes seem longer and after two coats the volume is perfect. Feels very light and doesn’t clump. As compared to other prestige brand mascaras, it’s a pretty bargain deal price wise. They went on sale at Sephora for half off and I stocked up buying three or four at once just so I would have some on hand for the next year.
Amanda C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This was the first tarte mascara I had ever purchased, it was about 3 years ago, now I own there until your line of mascaras I love them all so very much. Each mascara I use creates a different look. This mascara volumizes, lengthens, while keeping a natural lash look. The formula is great, the brush itself has many brush heads to sweep through your lashes and give them a groomed, and clean look. This mascara is available for about $22. But if you shop the tarte website they have specials quite frequently. I have also purchased this mascara on QVC in a two pack bundle, if you love it that much you get more bang for your buck that way.
Victoria M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Love this mascara for days when I want super dark, but natural appearing eyelashes. My eyelashes have a natural curl to them so this mascara helps make it more obvious. You only need one coat so the container lasts forever! The mascara is long lasting and dries pretty quickly after application. I have a bad habit of rubbing my eyes during the day and sometimes it will smudge off but if you leave your eyes alone it stays perfect. Washes off easily with cleanser and warm water. The best part is you can get it on sale all the time through different tarte or ulta promotions so rarely will you ever have to pay full price for killer lashes.
Alysia P.
Bristow, VA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I was actually really surprised by how well this mascara works! I received a sample this month in my ipsy bag and it's definitely going to be one of my new go-tos.

What I love about this mascara is that it applies very smoothly and easily. It makes your eye lashes look much longer and it also curls them in the process. On the volume side, I'd say this mascara gives a medium amount of volume. (Compared to mascaras like it cosmetics superhero, which makes your lashes muchhhh thicker). What's nice about this mascara is that it did not clump for me whatsoever!

I'd say this is the perfect mascara to apply as a base coat, or if you're going for a look that's not too dramatic. If you want your lashes to look thicker, I would definitely put another voluminous mascara on top of this one. But this mascara is still a great starter because it makes your lashes super long and curled!

Now I do have one slight nicpick.. the mascara is kinda wet so I do notice a little fall out under my eyes which I really don't like. But if I just wet my finger and wipe it, it comes right off. Idk if I just didn't let it dry long enough. But I don't like looking like a raccoon in the middle of the day.
Emily M.
I love this mascara! It is my go-to mascara, and I always buy another tube when I run out. I have short lashes that aren't full or dark at all. Most mascaras don't add enough volume for me or are too goopy and give me spidery lashes. This stuff makes my lashes full and coats them all without making them stick together. I really love that it doesn't transfer to my face giving me raccoon eyes, even though my skin is oily. Because it is made from quality ingredients, it doesn't damage my lashes, and they look fuller, longer, and healthier even after I take my makeup off.
Malia R.
MIAMI, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
For more than a decade, it is the best selling vegan mask, which lengthens, curls, gives volume and moisturizes lashes, they associate it with a push-up bra for eyelashes (LOL).It has a brush with a lot of small bristles (very thick), contains provitamin B5, rice bran and olive esters that soften and nourish the lashes with each pass.Provides + 330% volume on the lashes, is dermatologically tested and is safe for people with contact lenses.By using it if I could confirm the presumed increase, lengthens the lashes without a doubt, has durability despite not being waterproof and is easy to remove.
Ashley K.
Wetumpka, AL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I bought this mascara in the $63 deal that tarte was doing and it's been 5 years since I've found a mascara that i LOVED! I have always used and suggested maybelline cat eyes but holy cow! This just bumps that one out, now the price of this mascara is a little too much for me so i will continue to use the maybelline but I love the applicator on this one, it extends my lashes much longer and makes them so bold! I love the outside of it, its like a leather casing, and all around an amazing product. i'm obsesssed. crying it off, hurts bad is my one downfall!!!! lol
Anna S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I used to use this mascara every day but hadn't used it in awhile until I got a mini tube of it in a mascara kit. I can't for the life of me remember why I liked it enough to use every day. It clumped up my eyelashes, which I know is more of an issue with personal preference than with the formula, but it also applied pretty chunky. I needed to go through my lashes with an eyelash separator after applying it then also had to pick off little balls of mascara chunks from the tips of my lashes. The formula was pretty dry so maybe that's an issue with just the tube I received and not with the formula, but I remember its formula being pretty dry and clumpy when I used to use it. I originally stopped using it because I bought other mascaras around the same price point and I've learned to expect more from my mascara. I'll continue using the mini tube of it so it doesn't go to waste, but I won't be buying the full sized tube again.
Chelsey A.
Osceola
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this mascara not only does it not clump but it really is a photo ready look. It makes your eye lashes look full and very great it has great coverage and it has a great wand and a very affordable product. I do recommend the tarte lights, camera, lashes because it is one of my all time favorite products and it is picture perfect and a very good everyday mascara! You can buy it on sephora or tarte cosmetics and it's totally worth it! It cost $23.00 and is worth every dollar very good product and it last a full day! It doesn't wear off and it is water proof because I took a shower and it didn't run or come off until I used a makeup wipe. Very very amazing mascara and worth paying for! tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes™ 4-in-1 Mascara
Christina C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this mascara really as amazing as they make it out to be? Or is it just as good as any low end mascara?
jasmine A.
Fife , WA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I hear this it the best mascara is this true should I go buy some myself?
Maddie M.
Bloomington, IN
Anyone else struggle getting this mascara off?
Chrissy P.
indiana, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Where can you buy this? I don't think that I have ever seen it in the stores? And what is the price?
Megan G.
Does this clump up and flake. does it last all day