tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes™ 4-in-1 Mascara
A cult classic for over a decade, this best-selling vegan mascara lengthens, curls, volumizes & conditions, acting like a push-up bra for your lashes.
- olive esters: condition, treat & protect lashes
- rice bran wax: natural wax that helps lengthen the appearance of lashes
- carnauba wax: an emollient from the leaves of the carnauba palm to ensure a smooth application
- provitamin B5: helps hydrate & improve the appearance of lashes
- mineral pigments: soothe & soften skin around the lashline
- vitamin C: antioxidant that helps fight free radicals
Product performance: Curls & separates every lash with a 360° magniLASH wand for a naturally defined & voluminous look. The mascara’s blend of good-for-you ingredients like rice bran, olive esters & provitamin B5 soften & nourish lashes with each stroke
Top Questions See all 1,589 Q&A
- "I use this mascara everyday. Your lashes still feel like lashes when you use this. It says your lashes get 464% more volume or something like that which I believe. My lashes also look so long and separated. I use many Tarte products, it is my favorite brand, because they have no parabens! If you don't know what parabens are, they are said to cause cancer and they are in a lot of cosmetic products. Tartes whole line has no preservatives or parabens. They are natural and just feel good to use. My lashes still bend and don't flake at all. I set my under eye well with a good powder so it never smudges. Great product and worth the price tag. Love." in 1346 reviews
- "This is my current everyday mascara and I am in love with it. It is my favorite by far. With this mascara, my thin and short lashes always come out looking fantastic. I find it to be lengthening without weighing my lashes down and volumizing without clumping. It is defiantly worth it's price. " in 640 reviews
- "I used this as a sample size and it was so amazing it works really well lengthens and separates and doesn't clump up " in 322 reviews
- "This is honestly the best waterproof mascara I have ever used. Its lengthening, volumizing and isn't clumpy at all. I've been on the search for the best waterproof mascara since i was 12. No joke. I discovered Tarte Lights camera lashes mascara through a sample set, then saw this waterproof version in an ULTA ad! I love the original, so I thought I would give this one a try. Not a single waterproof mascara I have ever tried has ever even been close to the same as the original. I have to say this formula may be better! Not to mention, such cute packaging! I don't use this everyday because it is such a great waterproof, it is sometimes a little difficult to come off. I once went 4 days on one coat of this baby after multiple showers and a makeup wipe or two. You have to use waterproof remover, but it is so worth it! I started using this mascara again after I began a swimming and aquatics unit in Gym. I go in the heavily chlorinated pool every day, no goggles, and I would get out and not only no raccoon eyes, but it looked just as nice as when I got in! I began using a waterproof eye makeup regimen to same some precious time after class. I recommend using this mascara, Make Up Forever's Aqua Eyes Liners, and MAC Paint Pots. (For extra staying power, don't forget Urban Decay Primer Potion!) This will be my go to summer beach mascara for sure! A true Holy Grail Product." in 224 reviews
I've sample so many over the years, including drug store brands, every mascara from SmashBox and Benefit's They're Real! Lengthening Mascara. TARTE's Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara is my 2nd favorite.
Again, as previously said, I receive a lot samples from Sephora, Birchbox and Ipsy and this mascara is one of those samples I try to get often. I gave it 4-stars because there are times where (when at the end of the forumla) I get raccoon eyes from fall out that eventually is rubbed in, creating raccoon eyes. Not a cute look, I might add.
I like the brush on the wand. The bristles on the brush are closer together to create fullness and volume of your lashes. Outside of the formula being buildable, it's clumpy and it smells funny.
This mascara gives me the length and volume that I was hoping for. I only needed about two coats to get that volume too, unlike other mascaras I've had when you need many coats to get that type of volume. The only downside of this mascara is that it does dry a bit quickly, so you can't really wait too long in between coats or it will dry. It also doesn't last as long as I wanted and did fade off towards the end of the day. But I would still purchase this again. This mascara did not really flake or smudge while applying or throughout the day. It also did not really clump at all when applying, even with multiple coats. I will say that it is a little on the pricey side, but it gives really nice volume so I think it is worth it. :)
Good news is it doesn't flake and I feel like it would be considered a more moisturizing formula also gave the appearance of thicker fuller lashes.
I used it without curling my eyelashes prior to application. It did not offer any curling effect. My lashes are very straight though. I do think other mascaras (such as Benefit Roller Lash) give, at least, a slight curl upon application without using an eyelash curler. This may be due to the mascara being heavier and thicker.
Overall, not MY go-to mascara but I do not hate it. Just okay.
*I do love #tartecosmetics tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes™ 4-in-1 Mascara
The formula is nice and black, which I love. It's a drier formulation, but it's not so dry that it instantly looks clumpy on the lashes. It claims to be lengthening, which is the #1 thing I look for in a mascara, but I found that to be untrue - it didn't do much for my lashes besides make them look darker. It also smudged onto my (admittedly oily) lids through out the day.
It's up there in price for a mascara, so I can't in good faith recommend it when I know there are so many great drugstore options out there. I won't be repurchasing.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos