BY TARTE #11 in Mascara

A cult classic for over a decade, this best-selling vegan mascara lengthens, curls, volumizes & conditions, acting like a push-up bra for your lashes.

• olive esters: condition, treat & protect lashes
  • rice bran wax: natural wax that helps lengthen the appearance of lashes
  • carnauba wax: an emollient from the leaves of the carnauba palm to ensure a smooth application
  • provitamin B5: helps hydrate & improve the appearance of lashes
  • mineral pigments: soothe & soften skin around the lashline
  • vitamin C: antioxidant that helps fight free radicals

Product performance: Curls & separates every lash with a 360° magniLASH wand for a naturally defined & voluminous look. The mascara’s blend of good-for-you ingredients like rice bran, olive esters & provitamin B5 soften & nourish lashes with each stroke

• Is this mascara really as amazing as they make it out to be? Or i...47 Answers
  • tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes™ 4-in-1 Mascara would you buy it??7 Answers
  • Do you thing that this product is heavy? tarte Lights, Camera, L...4 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Heather W.
I received a sample of this mascara and used it for the first time yesterday. Today I used it by itself. I gotta say I like it! My usual mascara routine is: One coat of L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Primer, two coats of Clinique High Impact mascara and two coats of L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Waterproof mascara. This routine works for me but can be tricky due to multiple coats causing clumps. Today I only used one coat of this  tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes™ 4-in-1 Mascara and I was impressed because my lashes had more volume with the one coat of this than halfway through my usual multi-coat routine. Yesterday I used the primer and two coats of the tarte mascara and WOW were my lashes full and long! Unfortunately I didn't take any pics yesterday but I did take a couple of pics today with just the one coat of this mascara. It did not flake or smudge or run all through my busy day yesterday either. Overall I'm quite impressed with this one, and will probably buy a full size tube.
Katniss G.
As mentioned in another review, mascaras are a hit or miss for me. And mascaras are a necessity for me, since chronic dry eye made me lose a number of my lashes.
I've sample so many over the years, including drug store brands, every mascara from SmashBox and Benefit's They're Real! Lengthening Mascara. TARTE's Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara is my 2nd favorite.

Again, as previously said, I receive a lot samples from Sephora, Birchbox and Ipsy and this mascara is one of those samples I try to get often. I gave it 4-stars because there are times where (when at the end of the forumla) I get raccoon eyes from fall out that eventually is rubbed in, creating raccoon eyes. Not a cute look, I might add.
I like the brush on the wand. The bristles on the brush are closer together to create fullness and volume of your lashes. Outside of the formula being buildable, it's clumpy and it smells funny.
Patricia D.
This mascara was amazing. I love how black and long my lashes are after applying a coat of this mascara (you can always build it up). I wore it by itself just to give my eyes a little "awake" look. I noticed that it does smudge though. I was having dinner with some friends and siblings one night after I got home and looked at my eyes, it looked like I was rubbing my eyes all night but I wasn't. It was embarrassing and I never had this happen this badly from mascara I've worn in the past. I wore this out for 4 hours and this happened, I was pretty disappointed to be honest, but I do still wear it. I just have to make sure that my eyes don't look like panda eyes. I most likely will not be purchasing this product again after I finish the tube. Expensive for the quality. If it didn't smudge (maybe just a tad bit) then I would say great product for the quality, but unfortunately that wasn't the case for me.
Katy T.
Clyde , TX
I received a sample size of this product in a recent Ipsy bag. I always like getting Tart products since I normally don’t shop anywhere but the drugstore. But mascara is one of those products that I have found what works for me, and am content sticking with that. That being said, I used this product recently when I ran out of my regular drugstore go-to. Initially I liked the wand. It brushed out my lashes well. I didn’t notice any extra volume or length, though. And I noticed throughout the day that my top and bottom lashes would get stuck together every time I blinked. I don’t know if the product was weighing down my lashes or if I happened to have a bad lash hair day every time I wore this. But that was pretty irritating. Overall, this Tarte mascara just made my lashes appear darker, with no volume or added length. It is nice for someone who wants a natural look though.
Rojan N.
Pasadena, CA
The  tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes™ 4-in-1 Mascara is my favorite mascara of all time. It volumizes my lashes so much and gives them so much length. I think they are definitely worth it for their price because they do such an amazing job. They are barley clumpy, and by brushing through my lashes with a clean spoolie it separates my lashes and gets rid of any clumps completely. I have gone through 2 tubes of this mascara already and I highly recommend!
Abbey L.
Painesville, OH
I'm always on the hunt for great mascaras, and I picked this baby up at Sephora after hearing nothing but great reviews. All in all, this is an okay mascara.

The formula is nice and black, which I love. It's a drier formulation, but it's not so dry that it instantly looks clumpy on the lashes. It claims to be lengthening, which is the #1 thing I look for in a mascara, but I found that to be untrue - it didn't do much for my lashes besides make them look darker. It also smudged onto my (admittedly oily) lids through out the day.

It's up there in price for a mascara, so I can't in good faith recommend it when I know there are so many great drugstore options out there. I won't be repurchasing.
Olivia H.
I really don’t see the big deal when it comes to this mascara. It does the job, but there are definitely things about it that steer me away. Firstly, the application wand is super long, and by the laws of physics, the longer the object, the more the weight is distributed. Thus, I felt like I didn’t have as much control in application vs. a shorter wand. 2.) I prefer glossy lashes, and I felt like this was really dry. 3.) the packaging is frustrating because every time I twist it open, it comes out of the little leather pouch. I guess it gets the job done, but I prefer by Benefit “They’re real” any day over this.
Kimberly C.
I absolutely LOVE this mascara. It replaced my Better Than Sex mascara after my first wear. The formula and the wand are hard to beat. I wear this for 6-8 hours and there is no smudging or flaking. The formula does an incredible job at lengthening and volumizing my lashes. The wand is great for volumizing as well as curling the lashes. I have never experienced any clumping and you don't really need to put on multiple coats (unless you want to).
Ashley K.
Wetumpka, AL
I bought this mascara in the $63 deal that tarte was doing and it's been 5 years since I've found a mascara that i LOVED! I have always used and suggested maybelline cat eyes but holy cow! This just bumps that one out, now the price of this mascara is a little too much for me so i will continue to use the maybelline but I love the applicator on this one, it extends my lashes much longer and makes them so bold! I love the outside of it, its like a leather casing, and all around an amazing product. i'm obsesssed. crying it off, hurts bad is my one downfall!!!! lol
Jessica A.
I love love love this mascara! This is one of the first mascaras I ever used and I’m still using to this day. This mascara adds so much volume to my lashes and it makes them look soooo beautiful. I naturally have long full lashes, but sometimes when I wear my glasses I have to put false lashes on so you can actually tell I have lashes because other mascaras just don’t perform like this one. When I wear this mascara and put my glasses on, there is no need for false lashes. This is for sure a ride or die mascara for me and I definitely recommend buying this product!
Christina C.
Is this mascara really as amazing as they make it out to be? Or is it just as good as any low end mascara?
jasmine A.
Fife , WA
I hear this it the best mascara is this true should I go buy some myself?
Maddie M.
Bloomington, IN
Anyone else struggle getting this mascara off?
Megan G.
Does this clump up and flake. does it last all day
Chrissy P.
Indiana, PA
Where can you buy this? I don't think that I have ever seen it in the stores? And what is the price?