BY TARTE

A hypoallergenic, twist-up lip scrub to resurface, condition and protect lips without the mess.

• Rainforest of the Sea™ complex: a proprietary blend of algae and marine flower extracts that helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while smoothing and softening skin
  • Sugar: micro-fine granules gently exfoliate surface cells
  • Shea butter: a natural skin emollient that helps retain skin elasticity and protects against degeneration

Product performance: Pamper and perfect your pout with this at-home lippie facial that exfoliates and treats dry, cracked lips and provides instant hydration, all in one easy-to-use pencil. The 2-in-1 lip scrub sloughs away dead surface cells, allowing moisturizing ingredients to penetrate deeply thanks to micro-fine sugar granules suspended in a conditioning treatment balm. The raw sugar acts as a natural exfoliator, gently rolling over surface imperfections to polish and improve lip texture. The elixir balm helps moisturize, firm and protect with a silky-smooth, lip-loving™ blend of shea butter and the proprietary Rainforest of the Sea™ antioxidant complex. The mess-free pencil provides targeted applications, and the anti-aging formula can be worn alone as a treatment or to prep lips for lipstick application to deliver your perfect, plumped-up pout.

Ingredients: Polybutene, microcrystalline cellulose, octyldodecanol, polyethylene, tridecyl trimellitate, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sucrose, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, pentaerythrityl tetraisostearate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, dipentaerythrityl hexahydroxystearate, cellulose gum, beeswax/cera alba/cire d’abeille, cera carnauba/copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax/cire de carnauba, microcrystalline wax/cera microcristallina/cire microcristalline, sodium saccharin, menthone glycerin acetal, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, limonene, algae extract, gardenia taitensis flower, tocopherol.

tarte Facial Lip Scrub
  • "I use this before I'm applying matte lipstick so my lips don't look dry and crusty. Helps make my lips stay moisturizer and takes off that extra dry skin" in 31 reviews
  • "This is a clean, simple, effective lip scrub. It's incredibly easy to use. I received a deluxe sample, but a little goes a long way. It tastes and feels minty while the granules are small. It's also moisturizing " in 9 reviews
Sona A.
Palo Alto
This is the best lip scrub, hands down. It has just enough "roughness" (sugar crystals? what's in these things?) to exfoliate. The shape of it means I don't get sugar under my nails for 20 years after trying to scoop it out of a little tub. I also love the minty scent. <3
Bridget W.
Purchased at: Sephora
Although a little bit pricey for the product’s value, I enjoy this very much! I use it before applying lipstick to moisture my lips and remove the dead skin. The taste is great as well, unlike a lot of other products that have a chemically smell and taste.
Laura B.
Helena , AL
I mean, this works. But for $3 the mint, rose, or grapefruit elf scrubs work better. This has the convenience of a stick, but loses its shape and gets too messy. I prefer the elf stick and the Jeffree Star pots.
Katelyn R.
Evansville
Purchased at: Sephora
Not my fave lip scrub ever TBD. The sugar is not fine granules so it ends up getting bigger pieces of chapping but misses the little bits that show up when you put lipstick on. The thicker formula has also made some of the more sensitive chapped area (for me it’s the middle of my bottom lip) bleed. I do love the convenience of it being in a tube so that my fingers don’t get sticky applying it but you almost have to rub it in to get the finer areas so the functionality becomes rather moot.
Maggie O.
Arlington, VA
I was really disappointed in this! It kept breaking off in the tube, and it more moisturized than exfoliated!
Daisy G.
San Antonio, TX
My go to lip scrub!!!! It is amazing and the packaging is so cute!!! It works really good for a lip scrub and it has a minty smell and taste to it lol , but over all it leaves my lips super soft and hydrated!!
Frances M.
Greensburg, PA
I love this lip scrub! It is precise and exfoliates my lips leaving them baby soft and moisturized! It tastes slightly like peppermint but has no real scent to it which doesn't bother me. this product gets the job done!
Megan H.
Love this stuff.  I usually make my own sugar scrubs, but this one gets my money for being so darn convenient. Works great.  I use it when my lips get too dry and cracked, and before using matte/liquid lipsticks to ensure smooth application.
Sabrina S.
Riverside
I honestly love this lip scrub. Usually I'll do a quick lip scrub, and follow up with the lip mask. Honestly, if my lips we're chapped this would work a miracle for me.
Zoey D.
I find the scrubbies on this to be a little fine, so it's hard to get as fine a scrub as I really like. It has a really refreshing scent and I do enjoy the convenience factor of the stick format though!
Erikah n.
York, PA
Does this exfoliate your lips as well as it claims to?
Ruchi S.
Champaign, IL
Where can I purchase this product?
Ani Z.
Kent, WA
I’m looking for a lip scrub. I’ve only used Tartes pencil but there’s so little product for the dollar value. I did like the product but I feel like a tube or container with product will allow me to use a small amount which will last me longer. Any recommendations? I am open to all types of flavors except cherry and grape. 👄 tarte Facial Lip Scrub
Jess M.
I got this for Christmas and I'll admit that I'm a bit confused by how/when to use it. How do you use it?
Alicia G.
W Farmington, OH
Is this a good lip exfoliator?

Sephora