BY TARTE

A hypoallergenic, twist-up lip scrub to resurface, condition and protect lips without the mess.

• Rainforest of the Sea™ complex: a proprietary blend of algae and marine flower extracts that helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while smoothing and softening skin
  • Sugar: micro-fine granules gently exfoliate surface cells
  • Shea butter: a natural skin emollient that helps retain skin elasticity and protects against degeneration

Product performance: Pamper and perfect your pout with this at-home lippie facial that exfoliates and treats dry, cracked lips and provides instant hydration, all in one easy-to-use pencil. The 2-in-1 lip scrub sloughs away dead surface cells, allowing moisturizing ingredients to penetrate deeply thanks to micro-fine sugar granules suspended in a conditioning treatment balm. The raw sugar acts as a natural exfoliator, gently rolling over surface imperfections to polish and improve lip texture. The elixir balm helps moisturize, firm and protect with a silky-smooth, lip-loving™ blend of shea butter and the proprietary Rainforest of the Sea™ antioxidant complex. The mess-free pencil provides targeted applications, and the anti-aging formula can be worn alone as a treatment or to prep lips for lipstick application to deliver your perfect, plumped-up pout.

Ingredients: Polybutene, microcrystalline cellulose, octyldodecanol, polyethylene, tridecyl trimellitate, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sucrose, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, pentaerythrityl tetraisostearate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, dipentaerythrityl hexahydroxystearate, cellulose gum, beeswax/cera alba/cire d’abeille, cera carnauba/copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax/cire de carnauba, microcrystalline wax/cera microcristallina/cire microcristalline, sodium saccharin, menthone glycerin acetal, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, limonene, algae extract, gardenia taitensis flower, tocopherol.

• Is this harsh on dry lips?1 Answers
  • Just bought the Tarte Lip Facial scrub and I love it so far. Does...2 Answers
  • I have been looking for a new lip scrub to use before applying ma...2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
jules W.
NORTH OLMSTED, OH
I absolutely love this product!!!! :)
Honestly, I never put on a liquid lip without using this first. I typically put it on when I put my face primer and start my face make up while I let this lip scrub sit. I make sure I rub it in really well too because it just feels great and seems to really keep the lips feeling smooth and fresh. When I'm ready to do my lips if there is any residue left on, I'll take a wet cloth or cotton swab to rinse it off. With this product as a base, even my darkest driest liquid lip still doesn't crack. I'll often also use this product and top with a lip gloss or lip plumper afterwards and honestly that's a gorgeous and natural look to! Helps keep the lips looking extra plump, fresh, and flawless. This product is also great for anyone who wants to do a quick and easy but spa like lip treatment at home. Thanks for reading! Try it out and I hope you love it like I do!
Stephanie H.
Palm Harbor, FL
I like the Tarte lip scrub. It gently exfoliates my lips prior to applying a balm for moisturizing. It has a sweet minty flavor and the scrubby particles do flake off easily. I’m not sure if I would repurchase this or if it is necessarily. A diy sugar scrub or Jeffree Star lip scrub is better in consistency that this although I do like the stick form of the product for traveling.
Nikole M.
Brookhaven, PA
This was my first lip scrub I used and I dont think I want to try any other. This product has helped my lips look and feel great! Also helped with the way my lip color products go on!
This product I found at Sephora!
Susan D.
Bear, DE
I ended up trying this after finding out their lip scrub that came in the tin was discontinued, and this doesn’t disappoint. Is perfect for when you need to apply matte lipstick in 30 degree weather or just to get some soft lips. It smells and tastes nice too!
Carolyn O.
Havelock , NC
It works amazing! The outside is soft but the inner part is a hard sugar. You can scrub lightly or hard. It has a nice peppermint smell and a cooling feeling. It leaves your lips a little white but I love it. It really takes off the dead skin.
Bianca G.
Gilroy , CA
My absolute favorite lip scrubber! It literally gets all the dry dead skin off my lips without having to reapply. It gets it done the first time. And it leaves my lips feeling silky smooth. Have repurchased and will continue to repurchase!
Heather S.
Burkesville, KY
I received a sample size of this and am constantly reaching for it. The packaging is lovely, as with most Tarte products. It's smells good and isn't too harsh. Leaves my lips feeling exfoliated and moisturizers.
Kelsey C.
Skiatook, OK
I really like this lip exfoliating stick. It tastes like sugar and it works wonders! I use a sample mascara stick from any makeup store to work the sugar scrub across my lips about one a week. I normally couldn’t wear matte colors but now I can wear whatever color and matte base I want.
Ellie M.
Youngtown , AZ
I didn't enjoy this lip scrub and regret purchasing it. I think lush makes the best lip scrubs and wanted to give a new one a try but was disappointed. It smelled weird and tasted awful. I hope the make a new formula because I love the concept just not the product.
Ariel T.
CHELSEA, MA
I have a love hate relationship with this product. The first few times it worked great as a lip scrub but then it just started to be way too gooey. Overall it prepared my dry lips for my wedding which is what I bought it for but it is unlikely I will purchase again.
Ruchi S.
Champaign, IL
Where can I purchase this product?
Erikah O.
York, PA
Does this exfoliate your lips as well as it claims to?
Jess M.
I got this for Christmas and I'll admit that I'm a bit confused by how/when to use it. How do you use it?
Alicia G.
W Farmington, OH
Is this a good lip exfoliator?
Staci M.
Salinas, CA
Is this worth the money, or would is it the same as making your own lip scrub at home with sugar?