BY TARTE

A hypoallergenic, twist-up lip scrub to resurface, condition and protect lips without the mess.

• Rainforest of the Sea™ complex: a proprietary blend of algae and marine flower extracts that helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while smoothing and softening skin
  • Sugar: micro-fine granules gently exfoliate surface cells
  • Shea butter: a natural skin emollient that helps retain skin elasticity and protects against degeneration

Product performance: Pamper and perfect your pout with this at-home lippie facial that exfoliates and treats dry, cracked lips and provides instant hydration, all in one easy-to-use pencil. The 2-in-1 lip scrub sloughs away dead surface cells, allowing moisturizing ingredients to penetrate deeply thanks to micro-fine sugar granules suspended in a conditioning treatment balm. The raw sugar acts as a natural exfoliator, gently rolling over surface imperfections to polish and improve lip texture. The elixir balm helps moisturize, firm and protect with a silky-smooth, lip-loving™ blend of shea butter and the proprietary Rainforest of the Sea™ antioxidant complex. The mess-free pencil provides targeted applications, and the anti-aging formula can be worn alone as a treatment or to prep lips for lipstick application to deliver your perfect, plumped-up pout.

Ingredients: Polybutene, microcrystalline cellulose, octyldodecanol, polyethylene, tridecyl trimellitate, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sucrose, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, pentaerythrityl tetraisostearate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, dipentaerythrityl hexahydroxystearate, cellulose gum, beeswax/cera alba/cire d’abeille, cera carnauba/copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax/cire de carnauba, microcrystalline wax/cera microcristallina/cire microcristalline, sodium saccharin, menthone glycerin acetal, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, limonene, algae extract, gardenia taitensis flower, tocopherol.

• Just bought the Tarte Lip Facial scrub and I love it so far. Does...2 Answers
  • I have been looking for a new lip scrub to use before applying ma...2 Answers
  • I am looking for a product that hydrate my lips and at the same t...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora
jules W.
North Olmsted
Beauty Junkie Expert
I absolutely love this product!!!! :)
Honestly, I never put on a liquid lip without using this first. I typically put it on when I put my face primer and start my face make up while I let this lip scrub sit. I make sure I rub it in really well too because it just feels great and seems to really keep the lips feeling smooth and fresh. When I'm ready to do my lips if there is any residue left on, I'll take a wet cloth or cotton swab to rinse it off. With this product as a base, even my darkest driest liquid lip still doesn't crack. I'll often also use this product and top with a lip gloss or lip plumper afterwards and honestly that's a gorgeous and natural look to! Helps keep the lips looking extra plump, fresh, and flawless. This product is also great for anyone who wants to do a quick and easy but spa like lip treatment at home. Thanks for reading! Try it out and I hope you love it like I do!
Susan D.
Bear, DE
Beauty Junkie Expert
I ended up trying this after finding out their lip scrub that came in the tin was discontinued, and this doesn’t disappoint. Is perfect for when you need to apply matte lipstick in 30 degree weather or just to get some soft lips. It smells and tastes nice too!
Stephanie H.
Palm Harbor, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I like the Tarte lip scrub. It gently exfoliates my lips prior to applying a balm for moisturizing. It has a sweet minty flavor and the scrubby particles do flake off easily. I’m not sure if I would repurchase this or if it is necessarily. A diy sugar scrub or Jeffree Star lip scrub is better in consistency that this although I do like the stick form of the product for traveling.
Megan P.
Columbia , TN
Beauty Junkie Expert
If you’ve never used lip exfoliant you are missing out! I love doing this before I apply lip product for a longer lasting gloss. I promise you will not be disappointed if you use this product. I would highly recommend trying this product or something similar. The results are absolutely amazing
Kelsey C.
Tulsa, OK
I really like this lip exfoliating stick. It tastes like sugar and it works wonders! I use a sample mascara stick from any makeup store to work the sugar scrub across my lips about one a week. I normally couldn’t wear matte colors but now I can wear whatever color and matte base I want.
Ellie M.
Youngtown , AZ
Beauty Junkie Expert
I didn't enjoy this lip scrub and regret purchasing it. I think lush makes the best lip scrubs and wanted to give a new one a try but was disappointed. It smelled weird and tasted awful. I hope the make a new formula because I love the concept just not the product.
Kat K.
Linden, NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
it's not necessary to buy this product. I received this as a gift so no loss to me, but this is really just a regular lip scrub in the form of a pen. There is not much product and it is over priced. The packaging is great, but I would not buy this again.
Ariel T.
CHELSEA, MA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have a love hate relationship with this product. The first few times it worked great as a lip scrub but then it just started to be way too gooey. Overall it prepared my dry lips for my wedding which is what I bought it for but it is unlikely I will purchase again.
Frances M.
Greensburg, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this lip scrub! It is precise and exfoliates my lips leaving them baby soft and moisturized! It tastes slightly like peppermint but has no real scent to it which doesn't bother me. this product gets the job done!
Laura B.
Helena , AL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I mean, this works. But for $3 the mint, rose, or grapefruit elf scrubs work better. This has the convenience of a stick, but loses its shape and gets too messy. I prefer the elf stick and the Jeffree Star pots.
Ruchi S.
Champaign, IL
Where can I purchase this product?
Erikah O.
York, PA
Does this exfoliate your lips as well as it claims to?
Jess M.
I got this for Christmas and I'll admit that I'm a bit confused by how/when to use it. How do you use it?
Alicia G.
W Farmington, OH
Is this a good lip exfoliator?
Catt N.
I have severe dry lips that are always chapped, will this help me?