BY TARTE #12 in Facial Moisturizers

A daily, vegan gel moisturizer that soothes & refreshes parched skin with electrolyte-packed hydration.

• Rainforest of the Sea™ complex: proprietary blend of algae & marine flower extracts that helps reduce the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles while smoothing & softening skin
  • Electrolyte-balancing complex: blend of water & sea salt extracts that helps restore & replenish skin’s natural moisture reserves, promoting a gentle skin balance
  • Hyaluronic acid & squalene: work in harmony to retain & deliver moisture for optimal hydration & a refreshed, plumped up appearance

Gives a healthy glow from H2O. This cooling gel features a thirst-quenching cocktail of hyaluronic acid & electrolyte-balancing sea salts that hydrates skin without weighing it down. As the non-greasy formula quickly absorbs, it infuses skin with marine antioxidants from our Rainforest of the Sea™ complex, fighting free radicals & plumping the appearance of fine lines for a bouncy, ageless look.

Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, butylene glycol, dimethicone, glycerin, hydroxyethyl acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate copolymer, squalane, phenoxyethanol, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP copolymer, polysorbate 60, caprylyl glycol, enteromorpha compressa extract, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel oil, disodium EDTA, propanediol, sea salt extract, hexylene glycol, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, phospholipids, stearoyl inulin, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, hyaluronic acid, silanetriol, limonene, citric acid, sorbic acid, sodium anisate, sodium levulinate, linalool, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, tocopherol, algae extract, gardenia tahitensis flower extract, blue 1 (CI 42090).

Formulated without parabens, formulated without mineral oil, formulated without phthalates, formulated without sodium lauryl sulfates, formulated without gluten

• Is it moisturizing?5 Answers
  • Is this any good if so how do you ladies like it1 Answers
  • i have incredibly dry skin, do you think this would help?3 Answers
Buy on Sephora
A C.
I've been struggling with dryyyy winter skin (usually very combo!), and in love with hyaluronic acids and water gels lately. After trying some other brands before Tarte (PTR, Belif, Dr. Jart), I totally see why this one is SO hyped! The others all moisturized nicely but had little flaws (Dr. Jart Water Fuse was sticky, the PTR was great for summer but not strong enough when I got really parched, and the Belif Aqua Bomb broke me out). This is the best of all worlds! And a tiny bit goes a long way, so the price is reasonable IMO.

As a scent sensitive person, I find the fragrance refreshing, it feels so cooling going on (WONDERFUL when your skin is red and flaky and miserable), and it doesn't feel heavy. I literally look forward to putting it on every day.. Its one of those "wait ten minutes, then touch your face and go OOOOO" kind of experiences I've grown to love from hyaluronic rich products, and I love the fact that it's laden with antioxidants as well.

I'm using this both morning and night, though I have not tried it under my makeup (I don't wear makeup daily), but my skin is soooo smooth that I don't foresee any issues. I pair it with Dr. Jart Ceramidin cream (spot treatment on red/eczema patches before applying) and follow up with the Rainforest boosting spray if I'm feeling especially parched.
Madi O.
St Augustine, FL
This product is absolutely amazing! I have combination skin that tends to be on the drier side everywhere but on my chin. I apply about a pea size or two to my entire face and instantly I feel moisturized and very soft skin. This product has a refreshing and amazing smell to it but it is not too strong or perfume at all. This product is not oily and it feels very light when applied to your skin. I apply this product every single night. I have been using it for almost a month now and have not experienced any breakouts with this product. I have received numerous compliments about the way my skin looks and the softness of my face. I highly recommend this product to anyone even males or individuals who do not wear makeup. This product is a very natural product and in my opinion a very high quality product. Tarte is in my opinion the top company for skincare products and cleanses. If you are hesitant to purchase this product whether you're unsure if you'd enjoy it or due to budget, Tarte sells a bundle at Sephora and their website where you get several cleansing product sample sizes for a great price ~$12.
Katie W.
Where was this stuff 10 years ago?!
I have very sensitive skin, and that means I have some oily spots, some dry spots, some red spots, some inflamed spots, etc. I struggle finding a hydrator that tackles the dry spots without making the oily spots worse. I have a hard time finding a moisturizer that helps my redness go away, and I have a hard time finding one that can combat all of my struggles all year long.
That changed when I came across Tarte Drink of H2O Hydrating Boost Moisturizer. It's a light, cooling gel moisturizer that instantly locks moisture into my skin, without feeling heavy or greasy. It has a light, fresh smell to it that goes away once it has dried, and just a tiny dab goes a long way.
Immediately after cleansing, I use  tarte Rainforest of The Sea™ 4-in-1 Setting Mist , then apply the Drink of H2O over top. I do this morning and night. The moisturizer doesn't cause caking or gunky build-up with my foundation, and I have noticed it helps my makeup cling to my face much longer than a plain old primer would.
It is pricey, but it really does last a long time. Just a dime-sized amount is all you need.

This is also perfect to apply to sun-burned skin. It is instantly refreshing and cooling, and takes away a lot of redness. I highly suggest this moisturizer to anyone with combination skin, and if I could, I would rate it a 10 out of 5. Great stuff!
Sophia V.
So I have to tell a story for you to understand why I LOVE this product so much! I've always thought I have had oily/ combination skin for my entire life. I have been very light handed when applying any kind of moisturizer, or oil to my skin just because I didn't want to end up oily. It wasn't until recently that I found out that I was completely wrong with my thoughts on my skin. While getting a facial I was informed that my skin was so dry that the reason I thought it was "oily" was because it was desperately trying to create some moisture on it's own. My skin used three times the amount of moisturizer that she had ever applied to anyone of her clients. I was serious amazed, shocked, and surprised. The esthetician suggested I get a moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid in it. In doing research, this product was new but it had that ingredient in it that I needed more of. I went out on a limb, mostly because I love Tarte products, and I bought that new cleansing gel and the Drink of H2O hydrating gel. THIS HAS SERIOUSLY CHANGED MY SKIN! It's definitely not the average moisturizer at all. It's a gel, almost sticky but not it a bad way, that you apply evenly to your skin. Since my skin is so dry (now that I understand that it really is dry) this product soaks in so wonderfully and evenly hydrates my skin. My boyfriend also uses this, along with the cleanser like I do, and he has also taken a liking to it. I highly recommend this to anyone with dry skin, or anyone who is looking to get a great refreshing moisturizer. I do also recommend pairing it with the cleansing gel for the greatest skin results.
Brianna N.
I LOVE this moisturizer sooo much!! I have combo/oily skin and have been using the same morning and night cream moisturizers for years. I got a travel size sample of this moisturizer and I could not believe how amazing it made my skin feel. The gel consistency hydrated my skin beautifully and I did not feel greasy or heavy. When I woke up the next morning, I could definitely tell a difference in my skin. A little bit goes a long way too, so you only need a small amount to cover your face. I think it is perfect for people with both dry and oily skin. I've also noticed my skin has gotten less oily and has a natural radiance to it because my skin was much drier than I thought. Needless to say, you do not want to miss out on trying this!!!
Samina A.
Ozone Park, NY
I am South East Asian with tan complexion and have very sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin. I often struggle with uneven skin due to post-acne hyperpigmentation. I LOVEEE THIS lightweight non-comedogenic gel moisturizer! I it makes my skin immediately supple and plump. I don’t recommend this for consumers looking for a fully absorbed semi matte finish, this will make you dewy which I personally love. Another plus is that I did not experience any stinging using this even when my skin was raw and abused post heavy event-makeup wear.
I would repurchase although I do wish the price was a bit lower, I’d at-least appreciate future discounts on this product.
Christina W.
Roseville, MI
Edit: After using this product for weeks I started noticing rough patches around my eyes. They became itchy and scaly, I continued to use it because I'm a frugal being and couldn't bare to leave product unused. However things just got worse. One of the ingredients in this moisturizer is a type of silicone, and after finding this out it makes sense, the product does soak into the skin, however something is definitely left behind. I know this product is the culprit for my skin issues because it was the only product changed in my routine. I would not recommend this product for long term use on sensitive skin, especially around the eyes.

I purchased this product based on a rave review from the Youtuber Desi Perkins. Her skin is anyone's dream and I was in need of a moisturizer. I am really pleased with this product, it has really helped to deeply moisturize and keep my skin nice and plump. It is a gel like consistency. What I like most about it is that it is cooling upon application, I have sensitive skin and the fact that this product feels calming to the skin is why I continue to reach for it. I also love the smell, it is very light and botanical, you can smell the aloe. I especially love applying this to clean skin at night, that's when I feel I experience the best results.
macy c.
Fore some reason this product leaves my skin a little bit dry. Does anyone else have this problem. I love the packaging on this moisturizer, I know usually you shouldn’t judge a product and its packaging but I am impressed that tarte spent time on the packaging. I use the product after I use my acne treatments, so that may be the reason this leaves my skin a little bit dry. Overall I think this is not worth the price but it is a really great moisturizer. You can purchase this at any Sephora or Ulta and this will cost you around $39.00. Some experiences I had with this product are interesting for instance One time I was doing on my treatments and this product just flipped out of my hands because the moisturizer got all over my hands and and my hands got really slimy. In my opinion I’m giving this four stars because it’s a great moisturizer but I would not pay $40 for his moisturizer. But I did.

Note: everyone is different and you may adore, love, and cherish this moisturizer or you may hate or dislike this product. Again everyone is different. Remember to stay gorgeous...❤❤❤️️️
Kelsey I.
Nazareth, PA
Love, love, LOVE this product! I have very dry and sensitive skin but am also prone to pimples. I’ve had some dry patches on my face and around my lips for the past year, and this mixed with two lip products have made everything better! $39 before tax, so it was a splurge, but I love it so much and will definitely be repurchasing!

I use it once a day after I get out of the shower. My skin is noticeably softer and the dry patches are gone. Nothing has worked (even from the dermatologist) except this!!

I love this product and Tarte in general!
Nicole R.
Staten Island, NY
I received a free sample of tarte Drink of H2O Hydrating Boost Moisturizer with my points from Sephora. It absorbs into the skin quickly and does not leave a greasy residue. I applied it at night to my dry skin, and in the morning my skin would be dry again. However when I used it under makeup in the mornings, it kept my skin moisturized throughout the day. So it works, it’s just not a long lasting moisturizer. I finished my sample, but I’m still on the fence about buying the full size or not.
Mary B.
Oberlin, OH
I have wanted to try this, but I am skeptical about it. My face is so sensitive. Has anyone used this and had any problems with it? Or do you love it??
alia p.
My face has been so dry lately, would anyone who has tried this recommend this or something else?
Jessica O.
Does this work for pretty dry skin? My skin is pretty dry and I have a hard time finding moisturizers that are hydrating enough.
Nikki D.
I am a huge Tarte fan, but never have tried this product. My skin is very sensitive and oily, so I am wondering how well this works? Pros, cons?
Kc C.
Oxnard, CA
How does this feel under makeup? I've only used it at night or with no makeup!