BY TARTE #6 in Facial Moisturizers

A daily, vegan gel moisturizer that soothes & refreshes parched skin with electrolyte-packed hydration.

• Rainforest of the Sea™ complex: proprietary blend of algae & marine flower extracts that helps reduce the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles while smoothing & softening skin
  • Electrolyte-balancing complex: blend of water & sea salt extracts that helps restore & replenish skin’s natural moisture reserves, promoting a gentle skin balance
  • Hyaluronic acid & squalene: work in harmony to retain & deliver moisture for optimal hydration & a refreshed, plumped up appearance

Gives a healthy glow from H2O. This cooling gel features a thirst-quenching cocktail of hyaluronic acid & electrolyte-balancing sea salts that hydrates skin without weighing it down. As the non-greasy formula quickly absorbs, it infuses skin with marine antioxidants from our Rainforest of the Sea™ complex, fighting free radicals & plumping the appearance of fine lines for a bouncy, ageless look.

Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, butylene glycol, dimethicone, glycerin, hydroxyethyl acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate copolymer, squalane, phenoxyethanol, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP copolymer, polysorbate 60, caprylyl glycol, enteromorpha compressa extract, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel oil, disodium EDTA, propanediol, sea salt extract, hexylene glycol, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, phospholipids, stearoyl inulin, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, hyaluronic acid, silanetriol, limonene, citric acid, sorbic acid, sodium anisate, sodium levulinate, linalool, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, tocopherol, algae extract, gardenia tahitensis flower extract, blue 1 (CI 42090).

Formulated without parabens, formulated without mineral oil, formulated without phthalates, formulated without sodium lauryl sulfates, formulated without gluten

• Is this any good if so how do you ladies like it1 Answers
  • i have incredibly dry skin, do you think this would help?2 Answers
  • I have wanted to try this, but I am skeptical about it. My face i...7 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Sophia V.
Beauty Junkie Expert
So I have to tell a story for you to understand why I LOVE this product so much! I've always thought I have had oily/ combination skin for my entire life. I have been very light handed when applying any kind of moisturizer, or oil to my skin just because I didn't want to end up oily. It wasn't until recently that I found out that I was completely wrong with my thoughts on my skin. While getting a facial I was informed that my skin was so dry that the reason I thought it was "oily" was because it was desperately trying to create some moisture on it's own. My skin used three times the amount of moisturizer that she had ever applied to anyone of her clients. I was serious amazed, shocked, and surprised. The esthetician suggested I get a moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid in it. In doing research, this product was new but it had that ingredient in it that I needed more of. I went out on a limb, mostly because I love Tarte products, and I bought that new cleansing gel and the Drink of H2O hydrating gel. THIS HAS SERIOUSLY CHANGED MY SKIN! It's definitely not the average moisturizer at all. It's a gel, almost sticky but not it a bad way, that you apply evenly to your skin. Since my skin is so dry (now that I understand that it really is dry) this product soaks in so wonderfully and evenly hydrates my skin. My boyfriend also uses this, along with the cleanser like I do, and he has also taken a liking to it. I highly recommend this to anyone with dry skin, or anyone who is looking to get a great refreshing moisturizer. I do also recommend pairing it with the cleansing gel for the greatest skin results.
Destiny A.
coral springs
I was disappointed to see that the third ingredient in this moisturizer is dimethicone. It's basically just silicone and water. Although silicones give a smooth feel/appearance to the face, they don't actually nourish the skin. I want my moisturizer to actually moisturize me, not simply give the illusion that it is doing so. Silicones also coat the skin with a barrier, preventing whatever helpful ingredients actually are in this product from being properly absorbed into the skin. This isn't quite as bothersome, but the jar packaging will also hinder any positive effects from this product by overexposing it to air. Overall I don't think this is good as a moisturizer, which is what it's marketed as, hence my low rating. However it works well as a smoothing/hydrating primer underneath my foundation. It helps the foundation apply smoothly and seems to eliminate dry patches. So I bumped it up to 2 stars. I will continue using it for that purpose.
Adrianne P.
HOOPA, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Okay, so this product is getting 5 stars and not because I love it... Because I didnt. It just did not work for my skin. It made my skin feel tight and dry. I'm giving this 5 stars because my fiancé really likes this! I'm so glad I didnt have to let it go to waste. Him liking this product is a major bonus to me because he's so so so picky when it comes to skincare. I have the hardest time finding products he actually enjoys using. So this is good for his oily skin.
Heather M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have combination skin, which is prone to break outs, so i have tend to be extremely careful when trying new products. I never have really used a moisturizer (GASP, I know I know) but I figured i should probably start. After doing a lot of research I decided to try this one since Tarte is typically for oily/combo skin. I was a little concerned that i would be even more oily especially after i saw it was a gel like moisturizer. I started out with the small kit which comes with the cleanser, moisturizer and spray from Tarte.com. It was a great way to try everything before spending a fortune on it.  I have to say I LOVE this moisturizer! It makes my skin feel so smooth and refreshed and it drys down so quickly I dont feel sticky or anything. I typically use it in the morning because I use my maracuja oil at night. A little goes a long way, and I just purchased the full size!
Brooke S.
Atlanta, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Got a sample of this amazing moisturizer when I was in Sephora a few days ago. I can't put into words how supple and hydrayed my skin felt after using "Drink of H2O". Tarte has an awesome gift set of Rainforest Of The Sea skincare products available for purchase on their website right now and it's at the top of my Christmas wishlist! #GiftCrush #TarteletteForLife
Ratna R.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Very hydrating. Got this as a sample product. Used this before applying makeup. This is a good product but it’s very comparable to other face moisturizers. If you like Tarte products, then this is good for you for brand loyalty. But if you’re already have a face moisturizer that’s working for you, then I don’t see the need to change that. However, if you’re still in the search for a moisturizer, this is one to try
Ashley R.
Shakopee, MN
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have heard GREAT reviews about this product. I use the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Gel Facial Cleaner and I love it! However, when I tried this for the first and second time, my face felt like it was burning. I'm not sure if I'm allergic to a specific ingredient in this moisturizer, but I'm dissapointed to say the least. This product didn't work for me, but that doesn't mean that it won't work for other skin types!
Christine B.
elk grove, CA
This is both my go to brand and my go to moisturizer.  It somehow manages to feeling very hydrating without being too heavy or overwhelming.  The scent is light and I find it refreshing.  Tarte is a natural and cruelty free line- 2 things I really appreciate.  I was NOT given this product for review- this is my personal experience.  #tarte #influenster
Cherami B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This moisturizer has honestly made such a huge difference in my skin. I can't actually remember the last time I completely finished a moisturizer and immediately repurchased it until this one. I have mostly normal skin that can get oily, but I can see how this product could work for all skin types. When you first apply it it feels a little heavy, but the gel texture just makes it feel very refreshing. After not even a minute it is mostly all absorbed and it leaves the skin literally glowing because of how hydrated it is. I can't see myself loving a moisturizer more than I love this one.
Denise H.
Wilmington , NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received this in a deluxe sample size by exchanging points at Sephora. I like that the moisturizer is in a tub where you can just scoop out what you need instead of in a squeeze tube. There is a faint herbal like scent to this, but it’s not overpowering at all and actually smells very clean. It feels really hydrating on my skin and doesn’t feel drying or tight once dry. I like that my skin feels kind of cool after using this like there is a cooling effect or something. The only reason I rated this 4 stars is because after applying this, it made my hands feel weird and extra dry, but had the opposite effect on my face! I would purchase this in a full sized container!
Mary B.
Oberlin, OH
I have wanted to try this, but I am skeptical about it. My face is so sensitive. Has anyone used this and had any problems with it? Or do you love it??
Kc C.
Oxnard, CA
How does this feel under makeup? I've only used it at night or with no makeup!
alia p.
My face has been so dry lately, would anyone who has tried this recommend this or something else?
Alyssa Y.
How is this for dry skin? Oily? Could I use it as a primer as well?
Jessica O.
Does this work for pretty dry skin? My skin is pretty dry and I have a hard time finding moisturizers that are hydrating enough.