BY TARTE #12 in Facial Moisturizers

A daily, vegan gel moisturizer that soothes & refreshes parched skin with electrolyte-packed hydration.

• Rainforest of the Sea™ complex: proprietary blend of algae & marine flower extracts that helps reduce the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles while smoothing & softening skin
  • Electrolyte-balancing complex: blend of water & sea salt extracts that helps restore & replenish skin’s natural moisture reserves, promoting a gentle skin balance
  • Hyaluronic acid & squalene: work in harmony to retain & deliver moisture for optimal hydration & a refreshed, plumped up appearance

Gives a healthy glow from H2O. This cooling gel features a thirst-quenching cocktail of hyaluronic acid & electrolyte-balancing sea salts that hydrates skin without weighing it down. As the non-greasy formula quickly absorbs, it infuses skin with marine antioxidants from our Rainforest of the Sea™ complex, fighting free radicals & plumping the appearance of fine lines for a bouncy, ageless look.

Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, butylene glycol, dimethicone, glycerin, hydroxyethyl acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate copolymer, squalane, phenoxyethanol, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP copolymer, polysorbate 60, caprylyl glycol, enteromorpha compressa extract, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel oil, disodium EDTA, propanediol, sea salt extract, hexylene glycol, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, phospholipids, stearoyl inulin, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, hyaluronic acid, silanetriol, limonene, citric acid, sorbic acid, sodium anisate, sodium levulinate, linalool, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, tocopherol, algae extract, gardenia tahitensis flower extract, blue 1 (CI 42090).

Formulated without parabens, formulated without mineral oil, formulated without phthalates, formulated without sodium lauryl sulfates, formulated without gluten

Buy on Sephora
  • "Ohhhhhh I love love love this stuff. It's super hydrating and I can't get enough of it. " in 766 reviews
  • "This stuff is absolutely amazing! I tend to get really dry skin on my face and need to use so many products to moisturize. The Tarte drink of H20 does exactly that-my skin has never felt so fresh. Great that it can be purchased at so many locations like Ulta" in 576 reviews
  • "Makes my face feel SO good! I have dry skin and also sensitive skin and this is the best thing ever! For the price it's well worth it! " in 169 reviews
Sophia V.
So I have to tell a story for you to understand why I LOVE this product so much! I've always thought I have had oily/ combination skin for my entire life. I have been very light handed when applying any kind of moisturizer, or oil to my skin just because I didn't want to end up oily. It wasn't until recently that I found out that I was completely wrong with my thoughts on my skin. While getting a facial I was informed that my skin was so dry that the reason I thought it was "oily" was because it was desperately trying to create some moisture on it's own. My skin used three times the amount of moisturizer that she had ever applied to anyone of her clients. I was serious amazed, shocked, and surprised. The esthetician suggested I get a moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid in it. In doing research, this product was new but it had that ingredient in it that I needed more of. I went out on a limb, mostly because I love Tarte products, and I bought that new cleansing gel and the Drink of H2O hydrating gel. THIS HAS SERIOUSLY CHANGED MY SKIN! It's definitely not the average moisturizer at all. It's a gel, almost sticky but not it a bad way, that you apply evenly to your skin. Since my skin is so dry (now that I understand that it really is dry) this product soaks in so wonderfully and evenly hydrates my skin. My boyfriend also uses this, along with the cleanser like I do, and he has also taken a liking to it. I highly recommend this to anyone with dry skin, or anyone who is looking to get a great refreshing moisturizer. I do also recommend pairing it with the cleansing gel for the greatest skin results.
Samantha T.
Glendale, AZ
my husband surprised me with this product. i did not know much about it but i was excited to try to it. now he did get from sephora. i live in Arizona so the heat here really does some damage to the skin. so i tried this the other day as it is starting to get pretty darn hot here. and i applied it about a hour before i had to do my face. when i opened it i love that it has the seal cap to keep it safe and you would know if anyone had opened it before. now the smell is nice, i dont know if it is the greatest but it is not the worst. the texture is nice and smooth and obvisouly wet. now i applied it and let set for a hour and my skin looked and felt pretty darn good. I will probably keep this in stock at my house and keep trying it as the heat gets worse here and see how it does.
Nikki D.
Hixson, TN
Tarte Drink of H2O Hydrating Boost Moisturizer.
This is a daily, vegan gel moisturizer that soothes & refreshes parched skin with electrolyte-packed hydration.
It gives a healthy glow from H2O. This cooling gel features a thirst-quenching cocktail of hyaluronic acid & electrolyte-balancing sea salts that hydrates skin without weighing it down. As the non-greasy formula quickly absorbs, it infuses skin with marine antioxidants from the Rainforest of the Sea™ complex, fighting free radicals & plumping the appearance of fine lines for a bouncy, ageless look. The formula is vegan friendly, hypoallergenic, sulfate free, formulated without artificial fragrances, & dermatologist tested. It retails for $39.
I have oily, extremely sensitive skin but absolutely LOVE this moisturizer! It is amazing and absords so fast! Feels amazing on my skin! I give it ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐/out of 5 stars!
Lori D.
Hoffman Est, IL
Recently, in the past nearly a year now, I have been paying more attention to my skin and trying new products in the quest to find the best solutions for my skin. I absolutely LOVE Tarte Cosmetics so I decided to give their skincare a try too. I first fell in love with their Maracuja C-Brighter eye treatment and that led me to try this moisturizer since it is a gel moisturizer and they are better for my oily skin. I've got to say that I was surprised by how much I liked the formula, it goes on very smoothly and absorbed entirely leaving me with a hydrated and smooth face. I highly recommend it to anyone who has oily skin and I'll definitely be keeping this one in my skincare routine for a while. 😊✨🙌❤️
Angel L.
Mulberry, FL
I Literally Can Emphasize Enough How Wonderful This Is!!!I Didn't Take My Skin Care Seriously Untill I Realized We Only Get Older Not Rewind.Ive Always Been Told I Look Young For My Age,Yet I Feel Crusty & Dry & After Having My Daughter 5 Years Ago I Only Felt Worse About Myself Because Lets Face It We As Moms We Put Everyone Before Us Especially Our Babies!I Started Using This & My Skin Didn't Feel So Dry & Harsh,Then After More Time Of Use I Noticed Spots Lightened Now This Is My Experience & Opinion I Have Dry Textured Skin.This Will Work Different For Everyone:)Highly Recommend!Besides Its Cruelty Free & The Price Isn't Bad Considering Other Leading Skin Care Brands:)
Katie W.
Where was this stuff 10 years ago?!
I have very sensitive skin, and that means I have some oily spots, some dry spots, some red spots, some inflamed spots, etc. I struggle finding a hydrator that tackles the dry spots without making the oily spots worse. I have a hard time finding a moisturizer that helps my redness go away, and I have a hard time finding one that can combat all of my struggles all year long.
That changed when I came across Tarte Drink of H2O Hydrating Boost Moisturizer. It's a light, cooling gel moisturizer that instantly locks moisture into my skin, without feeling heavy or greasy. It has a light, fresh smell to it that goes away once it has dried, and just a tiny dab goes a long way.
Immediately after cleansing, I use  tarte Rainforest of The Sea™ 4-in-1 Setting Mist , then apply the Drink of H2O over top. I do this morning and night. The moisturizer doesn't cause caking or gunky build-up with my foundation, and I have noticed it helps my makeup cling to my face much longer than a plain old primer would.
It is pricey, but it really does last a long time. Just a dime-sized amount is all you need.

This is also perfect to apply to sun-burned skin. It is instantly refreshing and cooling, and takes away a lot of redness. I highly suggest this moisturizer to anyone with combination skin, and if I could, I would rate it a 10 out of 5. Great stuff!
Samina A.
Ozone Park, NY
I am South East Asian with tan complexion and have very sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin. I often struggle with uneven skin due to post-acne hyperpigmentation. I LOVEEE THIS lightweight non-comedogenic gel moisturizer! I it makes my skin immediately supple and plump. I don’t recommend this for consumers looking for a fully absorbed semi matte finish, this will make you dewy which I personally love. Another plus is that I did not experience any stinging using this even when my skin was raw and abused post heavy event-makeup wear.
I would repurchase although I do wish the price was a bit lower, I’d at-least appreciate future discounts on this product.
Kat J.
San Antonio, TX
This Tarte water-gel moisturizer was nice, but it’s not my favorite. I received a foil sample from a Sephora order.

CLAIMS: A daily, vegan hypoallergenic gel moisturizer that soothes and refreshes parched skin with electrolyte-packed hydration. This Tarte product cools and quenches skin, quickly absorbs with no greasy feel, has hyaluronic acid and electrolyte-balancing sea salts to hydrate skin, and the antioxidant-rich algae fights free radicals and plumps the look of fine lines. Formulated without parabens, sulfates, phthalates, and artificial fragrance.

PROS: Didn’t clog pores, hydrated skin for the majority of the day, softened skin.

CONS: Didn’t absorb quickly, pilled up on my skin under makeup, skin looked dull/not plump (didn’t live up to the claims).

Overall, I like belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb much better. But if I was in a pinch and Belif wasn’t available, I would consider buying this.
Christina W.
Roseville, MI
Edit: After using this product for weeks I started noticing rough patches around my eyes. They became itchy and scaly, I continued to use it because I'm a frugal being and couldn't bare to leave product unused. However things just got worse. One of the ingredients in this moisturizer is a type of silicone, and after finding this out it makes sense, the product does soak into the skin, however something is definitely left behind. I know this product is the culprit for my skin issues because it was the only product changed in my routine. I would not recommend this product for long term use on sensitive skin, especially around the eyes.

I purchased this product based on a rave review from the Youtuber Desi Perkins. Her skin is anyone's dream and I was in need of a moisturizer. I am really pleased with this product, it has really helped to deeply moisturize and keep my skin nice and plump. It is a gel like consistency. What I like most about it is that it is cooling upon application, I have sensitive skin and the fact that this product feels calming to the skin is why I continue to reach for it. I also love the smell, it is very light and botanical, you can smell the aloe. I especially love applying this to clean skin at night, that's when I feel I experience the best results.
Gillian V.
Ashburn
Smell surprised me at first, slightly lemon candy, but it grew on me. I tend to prefer more spa-like scents in my moisturizers, such as the Belif aqua bomb. This is a nice gel moisturizers, sinks in well, and decently hydrating. I'm not looking for deep hydration as I have normal skin. If you have dry skin, this may not be enough. If you're oily to normal, this is a good option. Offers some moisture but isn't overkill.
Mary B.
Oberlin, OH
I have wanted to try this, but I am skeptical about it. My face is so sensitive. Has anyone used this and had any problems with it? Or do you love it??
alia p.
My face has been so dry lately, would anyone who has tried this recommend this or something else?
Jessica O.
Does this work for pretty dry skin? My skin is pretty dry and I have a hard time finding moisturizers that are hydrating enough.
Nikki D.
Hixson, TN
I am a huge Tarte fan, but never have tried this product. My skin is very sensitive and oily, so I am wondering how well this works? Pros, cons?
Kc C.
Oxnard, CA
How does this feel under makeup? I've only used it at night or with no makeup!