BY TARTE #10 in Facial Moisturizers

A daily, vegan gel moisturizer that soothes & refreshes parched skin with electrolyte-packed hydration.

• Rainforest of the Sea™ complex: proprietary blend of algae & marine flower extracts that helps reduce the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles while smoothing & softening skin
  • Electrolyte-balancing complex: blend of water & sea salt extracts that helps restore & replenish skin’s natural moisture reserves, promoting a gentle skin balance
  • Hyaluronic acid & squalene: work in harmony to retain & deliver moisture for optimal hydration & a refreshed, plumped up appearance

Gives a healthy glow from H2O. This cooling gel features a thirst-quenching cocktail of hyaluronic acid & electrolyte-balancing sea salts that hydrates skin without weighing it down. As the non-greasy formula quickly absorbs, it infuses skin with marine antioxidants from our Rainforest of the Sea™ complex, fighting free radicals & plumping the appearance of fine lines for a bouncy, ageless look.

Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, butylene glycol, dimethicone, glycerin, hydroxyethyl acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate copolymer, squalane, phenoxyethanol, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP copolymer, polysorbate 60, caprylyl glycol, enteromorpha compressa extract, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel oil, disodium EDTA, propanediol, sea salt extract, hexylene glycol, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, phospholipids, stearoyl inulin, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, hyaluronic acid, silanetriol, limonene, citric acid, sorbic acid, sodium anisate, sodium levulinate, linalool, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, tocopherol, algae extract, gardenia tahitensis flower extract, blue 1 (CI 42090).

Formulated without parabens, formulated without mineral oil, formulated without phthalates, formulated without sodium lauryl sulfates, formulated without gluten

• Is this any good if so how do you ladies like it1 Answers
  • i have incredibly dry skin, do you think this would help?2 Answers
  • I have wanted to try this, but I am skeptical about it. My face is ...7 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Nicole H.
Nicole H.
Okeechobee, FL
So I have to tell a story for you to understand why I LOVE this product so much!

I've always thought I have had oily/ combination skin for my entire life. I have been very light handed when applying any kind of moisturizer, or oil to my skin just because I didn't want to end up oily.

It wasn't until recently that I found out that I was completely wrong with my thoughts on my skin. While getting a facial I was informed that my skin was so dry that the reason I thought it was "oily" was because it was desperately trying to create some moisture on it's own. My skin used three times the amount of moisturizer that she had ever applied to anyone of her clients. I was serious amazed, shocked, and surprised. The esthetician suggested I get a moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid in it. In doing research, this product was new but it had that ingredient in it that I needed more of.

I went out on a limb, mostly because I love Tarte products, and I bought that new cleansing gel and the Drink of H2O hydrating gel.

THIS HAS SERIOUSLY CHANGED MY SKIN!

It's definitely not the average moisturizer at all. It's a gel, almost sticky but not it a bad way, that you apply evenly to your skin. Since my skin is so dry (now that I understand that it really is dry) this product soaks in so wonderfully and evenly hydrates my skin.

My boyfriend also uses this, along with the cleanser like I do, and he has also taken a liking to it.

I do also recommend pairing it with the cleansing gel for the greatest skin results.
Breanne W.
Breanne W.
This Is perfect! I've had severely dry skin on my face from some acne treatments I was prescribed. I tried several different moisturizers but none really did the trick. I saw this in a sample pack and thought I'd try it because nothing else was working. within 3 days of using this I could tell my skin was already improving, and now after almost a month of use my skin is completely back to normal. Be careful not to use too much product or your face will feel sticky, a little really goes a long way. I will definitely be purchasing the full size soon!
Jenna C.
Jenna C.
Haddon Hgts, NJ
I got this as a sample size on a whim and I'm so glad I did. This is now my favorite moisturizer and I've already purchased a full size container of it. It's a gel instead of a cream and it feels really cooling on the skin. It absorbs quickly and a little goes a long way. The full size is about $40 which is a pretty steep price tag but you do get a lot of product in the jar. Ever since I started using it, my skin has been a lot more moisturized and smoother and I have fewer flaky dry patches. I will definitely be repurchasing when I run out.
Kristi B.
Kristi B.
Petal, MS
I have loved all Tarte products I've tried in the past, so I decided to get the Rainforest of the Sea travel set which included the cleansing gel, Marine Boosting 4 in 1, H2O Hydrating Boost and the gel eye treatment pads...two words...simply amazing! THIS HAS SERIOUSLY CHANGED MY SKIN! It's definitely not the average moisturizer at all. It's a gel that soaks in so wonderfully and evenly hydrates my skin. I highly recommend this to anyone with dry skin, or anyone who is looking to get a great refreshing moisturizer.
kiley c.
kiley c.
Morgantown, WV
I wish I would have returned this. I had high hopes because I love this brand and many different kinds of products they offer. Because of the hyaluronic acid this is actually the reverse of hydrating. I feel that it is very drying and uncomfortable on the skin. You do get a fair amount of product in the package and the tub makes it easy to get to all the moisturizer which is good. But I would not recommend or repurchase and I will not use all of mine. I will stick with other moisturizers I've tried.
Randi S.
Randi S.
Wheeling, IL
I use this product every day before applying my makeup. I love the smell of the product and it leaves my skin feeling soft. I have normal to dry skin but with the harsh winter weather, my skin gets very dry this time of the year. For that reason, I wish the product did a bit more at providing moisture. I like that it doesn't make my skin feel greasy, but I still feel like I could use something a bit more moisturizing. I'm excited to see how the product works in the summer when my skin isn't so dry.
Natalie A.
Natalie A.
I didn't think this was the most amazing product ever. It could have been a lot better. It was unscented which is great for sensitive skin and did feel refreshing on the skin (so the name is appropriate for this product; definitely feels hydrating). However, I wouldn't say this is life changing nor worth the money. I think there are better products out there. But if you want something to just touch up your face when you're out in the heat, this might be a good option for you
Julia D.
Julia D.
Plainview, NY
Thank god I got a deluxe sample of this and didn't spend the money because it just does not work for me. This moisurizer not only did NOT moisturize my skin, but the product also left my skin feeling sticky and scaley, and even made me break out. I know it works wonders for other people, but I did notice that my problem was the exact same as the few negative reviewers. Definitely try a sample of this product before purchasing, since it seems to have two opposite effects.
Samantha R.
Samantha R.
I love this hydrating primer it does wonders for my face before and after I put on or take off my makeup one it hydrates my skin that an be very dry but can also me combination to but it makes it feel not so dry and very smooth o love it use it in the morning before makeup application and after I have taken it off depending on how my skin feels ! But would totally recommends this to so one with dry or combinations skin and maybe oli skin .
Mishal F.
Mishal F.
I use this mostly as a night cream to hydrate my skin before bed and it works amazingly! I love the consistency and how fast it settles into my skin. The packaging is gorgeous as well. However I just see this as another moisturizer not really something that wowed me, I would not be repurchasing it because of how pricey it is. I got this in the $10 rainforest of the sea skin set which had the setting spray, this, and the cleanser.
Mary B.
Mary B.
Oberlin, OH
I have wanted to try this, but I am skeptical about it. My face is so sensitive. Has anyone used this and had any problems with it? Or do you love it??
Kc C.
Kc C.
Oxnard, CA
How does this feel under makeup? I've only used it at night or with no makeup!
alia p.
alia p.
My face has been so dry lately, would anyone who has tried this recommend this or something else?
Alyssa Y.
Alyssa Y.
How is this for dry skin? Oily? Could I use it as a primer as well?
Jessica O.
Jessica O.
Does this work for pretty dry skin? My skin is pretty dry and I have a hard time finding moisturizers that are hydrating enough.