BY TARTE #53 in Lipstick

Full coverage lip contour with a lipstick and gloss in one portable tool.

• Coconut oil: delivers intense moisture and known for its conditioning properties
  • Maracuja: rich in essential fatty acids and vitamin C for firmer, brighter smoother, skin and maximum hydration

Product performance: Sculpt and seal a perfectly contoured pout with this 2-in-1 longwearing lip essential. It’s a full coverage, satin matte lipstick and a coordinating, pigmented lip gloss in one double-ended tool. Powered by nutrient-packed coconut oil, it helps condition and reinvigorate lip volume, smooth the look of fine lines and deliver decadent hydration with a lightweight, non-sticky texture. Ideal for on-the-go tartelettes™, this travel-friendly lip essential delivers a dose of color and high-definition shine in a range of complementing shades with a sweet vanilla finish.

Sass, VIP, Renegade Ingredients: lipstick: Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, octyldodecanol, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, polyethylene, diisostearyl malate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, polybutene, microcrystalline wax/cera microcristallina/cire microcristalline, synthetic beeswax, candelilla cera/euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/cire de candelilla, ethyl vanillin, tocopheryl acetate, hydrogenated coconut oil, passiflora edulis seed oil, mica, silica, tocopherol. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), yellow 6 lake (CI 15985), red 7 lake (CI 15850) lip gloss: Polybutene, octyldodecanol, hydrogenated polyisobutene, silica, butylene/ethylene/styrene copolymer, ethylene/propylene/styrene copolymer, ethyl vanillin, tocopheryl acetate, hydrogenated coconut oil, passiflora edulis seed oil, mica, tocopherol. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), red 7 lake (CI 15850), blue 1 lake (CI 42090).

Intoxicating, Voltage, Harlequin, Basic, Rogue Ingredients: lipstick: Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, octyldodecanol, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, polyethylene, diisostearyl malate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, polybutene, microcrystalline wax/cera microcristallina/cire microcristalline, synthetic beeswax, candelilla cera/euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/cire de candelilla, ethyl vanillin, tocopheryl acetate, hydrogenated coconut oil, passiflora edulis seed oil, mica, silica, tocopherol. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), red 28 lake (CI 45410), yellow 6 lake (CI 15985), blue 1 lake (CI 42090), red 7 lake (CI 15850) lipgloss:Polybutene, octyldodecanol, hydrogenated polyisobutene, silica, butylene/ethylene/styrene copolymer, ethylene/propylene/styrene copolymer, ethyl vanillin, tocopheryl acetate, hydrogenated coconut oil, passiflora edulis seed oil, mica, tocopherol. (+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), red 7 lake (CI 15850), yellow 6 lake (CI 15985), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), blue 1 lake (CI 42090).

Life Ingredients: lipstick: Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, octyldodecanol, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, polyethylene, diisostearyl malate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, polybutene, microcrystalline wax/cera microcristallina/cire microcristalline, synthetic beeswax, candelilla cera/euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/cire de candelilla, mica, ethyl vanillin, tocopheryl acetate, silica, hydrogenated coconut oil, passiflora edulis seed oil, tocopherol, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), yellow 6 lake (CI 15985), red 7 lake (CI 15850). lipgloss: Polybutene, octyldodecanol, hydrogenated polyisobutene, silica, ethylene/propylene/styrene copolymer, ethyl vanillin, butylene/ethylene/styrene copolymer, mica, tocopheryl acetate, hydrogenated coconut oil, passiflora edulis seed oil, BHT, tocopherol, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), yellow 6 lake (CI 15985), red 7 lake (CI 15850).

Candid, Jam, Adore, Treat, Cartwheel, Kind, Sangria Ingredients: lipstick: Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, octyldodecanol, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, polyethylene, diisostearyl malate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, polybutene, microcrystalline wax/cera microcristallina/cire microcristalline, synthetic beeswax, candelilla cera/euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/cire de candelilla, ethyl vanillin, tocopheryl acetate, hydrogenated coconut oil, passiflora edulis seed oil, mica, silica, tocopherol. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), yellow 6 lake (CI 15985), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), red 7 lake (CI 15850). lipgloss: Polybutene, octyldodecanol, hydrogenated polyisobutene, silica, ethylene/propylene/styrene copolymer, ethyl vanillin, butylene/ethylene/styrene copolymer, mica, tocopheryl acetate, hydrogenated coconut oil, passiflora edulis seed oil, BHT, tocopherol, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), yellow 6 lake (CI 15985), red 7 lake (CI 15850).

Made in Italy. Assembled in Taiwan.

• I just bought this during ULTA's 21 day sale. I haven't tried it ...2 Answers
  • I can see that the lipstick is matte but is the gloss a true nude...5 Answers
  • What is your opinions on this? I've heard a lot of people love th...2 Answers
Buy on ULTA
Katherine F.
Carrboro, NC
Review for: Cartwheel (coral), Harlequin (red) more...
I bought 2 of these (Cartwheel, a peachy nude & Harlequin, a bright warm red) during Ulta's recent sale. I have really dry lips and haven't found many colorful lip products that I can wear without worrying about them looking horrible within a couple of hours, so I've been trying to sample different formulas, and I had never tried this one before. Overall, the lipstick is comfortable and pretty hydrating, whereas the lipgloss is sticky but nicely pigmented. I am pleased with these for $10 (sale price) and am interested in trying other shades, but I don't think I would pay $24 (full price).

This formula of the lipstick is very strange - it's highly pigmented but also stays somewhat sheer. As in, there's definitely a ton of color payoff in both of the shades while also being buildable in intensity, but I have a tiny birthmark on my bottom lip that is still visible under both shades, even when built up to maximum color. Unfortunately, this results in pigment deposits in the little creases of my lips, although I don't think this is as obvious with this lipstick as with some others. The slightly increased pigmentation in the creases is most obvious when smiling and from a very close distance only, so I think this isn't really an issue for this lipstick, unless also worn with the lipgloss because the lipgloss makes it way more obvious and causes the pigmentation to be more patchy. I think these work better worn separately.

The lipgloss is pretty sticky and thick, so I am not a fan and would not buy it as a standalone product, but I don't mind it as part of this. However, I am aware that I am wearing something on my lips 100% of the time that I am wearing this.

The lipstick probably lasts about 3 hours when applied at its fullest pigmentation, but it does fade with food. Both fade well - harlequin turns a nice magenta and the product is slippy enough that it kind of moves to provide pretty even coverage despite fading some, but not so slippy that it needs a liner and transfers all the time. Carthweel is less slippy, so it starts to fade from the center of the lips, and also less hydrating (I usually only wear it a half day because it doesn't play well with lip balm and my lips get too dry in the afternoon with it).

I would probably rate Harlequin closer to a 4, and Cartwheel is a true 3, but I'm still not sure if I would pay full price for harlequin and would be interested in a similar red with a more full-coverage formula that is equally as hydrating.
Shawna A.
Bradenton, FL
Review for: Life (peachy nude), Candid (apricot nude), Adore (dusty mauve), Jam (beige rose), Sass (mauve), VIP (cool nude), Renegade (berry rose), Harlequin (red), Basic (white nude), Treat (dusty rose), Kind (mauve) more...
As you can see, I have quite a collection of these... about 12 I think, plus some smaller limited edition ones that came in a set. I love these... the best, easy type of lip product to throw in your purse and why I prefer them in nude/rose/mauve shades is because they are easier to just swipe on and the creamy consistency yields better to softer shades in my option bc you don’t have to worry about them moving around everywhere or being too precise with my application. I do have one red shade and a deep berry shade that I love, but I typically prefer darker colors like that in matte formulas because I don’t have to worry about migration, smearing or them fading as quickly. This is just personal preference of course bc no matter what the color, the formula is divine. So creamy and easy to apply, comfortable to wear, and pretty long lasting for a cream lipstick. I also love the 2 in 1 thing with the lipstick on one end and a gloss on the other. You can layer them or wear them separately and for the price, it’s quite a steal bc you basically get 2 lippies in one of these. Definitely something I always have on me and I hope they continue to come out with more colors. Totally recommend!
Bethany F.
Van Buren Twp, MI
I think this double duty lippie is a fantastic idea. A nice compact design with two different lip formulas in one package. You have a cream style lipstick on one end, and a lip gloss on the other end. This product is super practical for a gal/guy on the go. The formulas themselves are great too.The lipstick is a comfortable and pigmented formula. The lip gloss is nice and shiny, packed with the right amount of pigment and it's not one of those super sticky formulas.
Ong L.
Stockton
This was the first lip gloss/lip stick that got me super into lip products so yes, it holds a special place in my heart... on the gloss/actual lipstick side.
The gloss is the PERFECT not-too sticky formula and it makes my lips look gorgeously plump. The lipstick on the other hand is a A+ too! Goes perfect with topping the gloss over (obviously).
This lip product by Tarte IS my favorite lip product from Tarte.
•Rate overall: 5/5
•Dry or moisturizing: 100% Moisturizing & gorgeous!
•Pigmentation: 5/5
•Gloss: 5/5
•Lipstick: 5/5
•Smell: Subtle.
•Packaging: Sleek and cute!
•Shade that I have: VIP
Nancy M.
Olathe, KS
Review for: VIP (cool nude) more...
A lovely neutral shade that works with my pale skin with pink undertones. The lipstick is creamy and opaque. There is a very light scent. Weartine on the lipstick is similar to that of most cream lipsticks. Application every now and then, especially after eating and drinking. The lipgloss is decently pigmented. It’s not sticky and pairs well with the lipstick. I will say the lipgloss o we the lipstick shortens the wear time of both but most lipglosses do.
Regan C.
I got this on Ulta’s 21 Days of Beauty and honestly I am surprised at how much I LOVE this. I thought it would be similar to the butter lipstick (on the lipstick end), but it’s a lot more opaque while still smooth. The lipgloss adds a perfect touch and I always feel like I have amazing, luscious lips when I wear this, and I didn’t have to do too much work or use a thousand lip products to achieve it!
Amanda C.
I received this lipstick in a 6-piece QVC and tarte bundle it was on The Today Special Value and I couldn't pass it up the lips go through is absolutely amazing, I believe the shade I received was called sass. The lip gloss side looks perfect over top of the lipstick color. This lipstick is very moisturizing and barely moves. It does not have as long of staying power as the rest of their line however
Nikki H.
Review for: Kind (mauve), Sass (mauve), VIP (cool nude), Sangria (mauve berry) more...
Can I give this one 10 stars?? This is definitely my #giftcrush this year. During the Cyber Monday sale, I snagged a few for myself and gave the rest as Christmas presents. For my skin tone (Light Sand in Tarte foundation, as a reference), I absolutely love the Sangria, Sass, Kind, and VIP shades. I use the lipstick side more, but love having the option to mix and match with the coordinating gloss. The light vanilla scent is an added bonus! Between the full and mini sizes, I definitely prefer the full...it's just easier to put on the lipstick. The full size literally lasts forever! Definitely will be buying this product as long as Tarte carries it.
Mary anne M.
West Covina, CA
Review for: Voltage (peachy pink), Rogue (dark berry) more...
I purchased two of these during Ulta's 21 Days of Beauty. Totally worth it for a lipstick & lipgloss that match. The lighter lipsticks are pigmented & creamy. I don't consider them full coverage, but close. It will accentuate dry patches or creases on your lips if you have a lot. The lipgloss is not sticky.
I'm a huge fan of the darker shades. Those are full coverage. They are not as patchy. For the record, I have darker lips so this product might be different if you have a lighter natural lip color.
The applicator is great for making precise lines when applying the lipgloss. I really found this product easy to use & really convenient since you can choose to just use one or both.
Elizabeth F.
The lipsticks go on super creamy but dry to a more matte finish on me, yet they remain very comfortable. The gloss is thin and non sticky, very shiny. Layered or alone both formulas are nice, and I think sometimes wearing them together enhances the color. I use the gloss sometimes to add extra hydration to the lipstick after it dries down just because my lips are so dry. The darker glosses I don't love on their own as they bleed a little on me, but I find that normal with a darker gloss. The tube is a little fat and long but you do get two products, with a proper full size lipstick bullet. The Color Splash line is still my favorite, but I would definitely get more of these.
Mikita S.
Arlington, TX
Is the lipstick part matte or glossy? Is it drying on lips?
Savina H.
Folsom, CA
I can see that the lipstick is matte but is the gloss a true nude of a shimmer nude
Ana S.
Katy, TX
This looks cool and neat , any one recommend it ?
Toni M.
Holland, MI
I've always wanted to get his. Is Tarte lipstick any good? Never tried their lipsticks before.
. ..
Los Angeles, CA
Lipstick is my favorite product . Urs ??