BY TARTE #25 in Powder Foundation

Double Duty Beauty Confidence Creamy Powder Foundation - Coming soon 2-21! Only at ULTA!This 2-in-1 foundation with makeup and skincare benefits delivers a double dose of moisture and anti-aging ingredients in a buildable, medium-to-full coverage powder. The creamy, hypoallergenic formula masks any redness, dark spots, uneven skin tone and excess oil, while softening the look of fine lines and pores. It can be worn wet or dry for your perfect level of coverage and works across skin types for 12-hour wear that's never dry or flaky. This Double Duty Beauty Foundation comes in sleek compact and travel pouch with a double-sided, touch-up sponge to mask and mattify anywhere - it's perfect for on-the-go glam. Use with Tarte's Double Duty Beauty Powder Foundation Brush & Removable Sponge.Formulated without parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, sodium lauryl sulfate, triclosan, and gluten. - Double Duty Beauty Confidence Creamy Powder Foundation see more...

Buy on ULTA
Rhiannon C.
Rhiannon C.
Lexington Pk, MD
Good powder for those in a hurry days. I put on some tarte shape tape and then this and it looks nice. Not real full coverage but it does have the most coverage I've personally experienced for a powder. It's also not a bad price at $35 for a high end foundation. I got mine when it went on sale at ulta so it was pretty cheap. I'm not a huge fan of the sponge applicator it comes with but in a pinch if you don't have a brush it's okay. The sponge can make it a little cakey if you're not careful. I also love that the foundation pan pops out of the compact so you can put it in a z palette. I bought tarte's empty magnetic palette so For travel I like to put it in that with my contour and tarte blush. Makes everything super quick and easy. LOVE that about these products
Karis Q.
Karis Q.
San Jose, CA
I have been really enjoying Tarte products lately. The packaging for this powder is in a gold compact which i love! There's a mirror inside which is always nice. Some people wouldn't be that comfortable spending the money on makeup but to some its definitely worth spending the extra money to have a nicer quality item. I got it at Ulta and sometimes the brands have promotions like spend $30 and get a free item so it definitely pays for itself sometimes at Ulta. I would recommend this powder I love the way it smells and it looks really nice on my skin.
Eleanor B.
Eleanor B.
Review for: Light Neutral
I have been wearing liquid foundation lately. I used to wear Bare Minerals powder foundation but they changed the formula to Bare Pro which felt different to me. I have searched many powder foundation at Sephora and Ulta. Most didn't match what I was looking for- light and natural without feeling my skin is suffocating. I did find some I liked but the color was off. I liked the KVD powder foundation because of it's smooth texture and full coverage. However, I wanted to explore and went to Ulta and feel in love the the Tarte exclusive to Ulta. It looked very elegant and most of all it had everything I was looking for after trying so many brands. I went to Sephora to try the KVD again and I just really loved the full coverage. I ended up buying it but as I was shopping around I noticed my skin was turning orange especially my nose. I had to return it and got my answer. I bought the tarte and I've never been happier. I use it when I'm in a rush or wear and take it with me during special events.
Kaitlin S.
Kaitlin S.
La Plata, MD
I received this in the tarte custom kit promotion they had a few weeks ago. I usually use bare minerals because I don't like the cakey feel of liquid.. and I would say it's comparable. It goes on very smoothly and settles into my skin in a good way. With bare minerals, as soon as I sweat a little, the powder sits in top of my skin and I have to wipe it or it dries weird. This one did not do that. Bare minerals does give more coverage and I think it would last me longer than this one. But honestly I would switch! I love the feeling like you're not wearing foundation. And definitely helps me achieve the natural makeup look. But if you are looking for full coverage, then I don't think you would like this one.
Sarah H.
Sarah H.
Prescott
Review for: Fair Neutral
This is my favorite powder foundation. It's easily the softest and creamiest powder formula I've ever used, and builds up to a good medium coverage without looking too cakey or powdery. I prefer to blend it with a dry Real Techniques sponge instead of a brush, IMO the sponge gives better coverage with a less powdery look. This is advertised as a wet or dry formula but from my personal experience I wouldn't recommend it wet; although it initially looked good upon application it started creasing and fading badly by the end of the day even with setting powder. Although I've mostly switched to stick foundation I still like to keep a compact of this on hand for days when I'm feeling a lighter coverage look.
Karina M.
Karina M.
Takoma Park, MD
Review for: Fair-Light Neutral
This is a great powder foundation that can be used alone or with another product underneath (BB cream, concealer, tinted moisturizer, foundation). I use it to touch up throughout the day and it helps absorb oil and adds a bit more coverage where I need it and it never looks heavy. I haven't tried using it alone but I imagine given my experience with it so far that it would be a dream to work with. The packaging is also very pretty and it comes with a little sleeve for the compact. I do not like that the sponge is supposed to live inside the sleeve, outside the compact though--seems a little unhygienic to me.
Buckner, MO
Review for: Light-Medium Neutral
This foundation is making me feel so gorgeous! It goes on so easily, doesn't take a lot of product to go a long way. It blends gorgeously and lasts all day. My skin has cleared up so much (I have combination skin and cystic acne). I use with urban decay all nighter setting spray. I like a very full coverage for my acne scars and dark marks. I haven't found a concealer to go along with this that blends nicely yet.
Maria P.
Maria P.
Dallas, TX
I saw this on the Ulta website and was tempted to try it.... but I ended up snagging it when tarte had the build-a-bag deal for Mother's Day. I'm so glad I didn't pay full for this because I really thought it would be something I would love but I didn't.... To me, the packaging looks really cheap which is unlike tarte. The actual product was mediocre at best. This provided no coverage whatsoever.... and that's the main thing I would expect from something labeled as a foundation. Instead, I use it over my regular makeup to keep the oil at bay and it's just ok. Definitely not worth paying full price for.
Kati J.
Kati J.
Review for: Light Beige
I really like this stuff. Sometimes I use it for a kick light to medium coverage foundation when I'm just doing a quick makeup routine, or sometimes I'll use it to set my liquid foundation.

I use the compact sponge it came with surprisingly often when I'm applying it solo (not with liquid foundation).

I do find that it makes my skin oily sooner than using it with the liquid foundation, even with a oily skin setting spray, but my skin is generally very oily after makeup has been on a few hours.

I think the price is a bit steep for what you're getting, but it's for nice packaging and tarte is the bomb so I say go for it!
Veronica H.
Veronica H.
Hot Springs, AR
I picked this up during Ulta's 21 Days of Beauty because I don't like to wear liquid foundation very often during the summer. While I like the formula, I am not very happy with the way it sits on my skin. It gives excellent coverage for being a powder foundation, but I feel that it makes my skin look "crepey." I don't even have what I would classify as "mature" skin.
I cannot personally recommend this foundation since it made my oily skin look like the Crypt Keeper, but I gave it 2 stars for the velvety formula.
samanta j.
samanta j.
I've seen this powder on tarte website I wanted to know about the shades I'm yellow undertone and how is the coverage is it buildable ??
Rachel D.
Rachel D.
Is this foundation good for oily and acne-prone skin?
Buckner, MO
I love this foundation. But I can't find a good concealer to pair it with. What works for you?
Louisa B.
Louisa B.
Has anyone tried this yet? Is it worth it? Thoughts on it??
Niralu P.
Niralu P.
I know they have brushes, but does anyone have any affordable recommendations for brushes that pair well with this foundation?