BY TARTE #22 in Facial Cleansers

Daily brightening face cleanser and waterproof makeup remover.

• Rainforest of the Sea™ complex: a proprietary blend of algae and marine flower extracts that helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while smoothing and softening skin
  • Allantoin: softens and protects, while helping to promote cell regeneration
  • Provitamin B5: acts as a skin emollient and moisturizer to provide intense hydration
  • Indian Gooseberry Extract: rich in vitamin C to help brighten skin while retaining skin’s natural moisture and reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
  • Lavender Oil: soothes and tones skin

Product performance: This hypoallergenic face wash removes excess oil, impurities, and all traces of waterproof makeup without overdrying skin. Powered by a natural blend of lavender, antioxidant marine ingredients and brightening vitamin C, this gentle vegan cleansing gel is free of sulfates and artificial fragrances, and it helps condition and soften as it maintains skin’s natural moisture balance.

Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cocamidopropyl betaine, disodium cocoamphodipropionate,  sodium lauroyl sarcosinate, sodium lauryl sulfoacetate, propanediol, sodium coco PG-dimonium chloride phosphate, caprylyl glycol, polyquaternium-10, fructosyl cocoate/olivate, sodium chloride, glyceryl laurate, phenoxyethanol, sodium cocoyl/olivoyl hydrolyzed oat/wheat protein, potassium sorbate, allantoin, panthenol, cocamidopropyl dimethylamine, sodium glycolate, hexylene glycol, citric acid, cocoyl hydroxyethyl imidazoline, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, algae extract, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, gardenia tahitensis flower extract, tocopherol,  phyllanthus emblica fruit extract, linalool.

• I just received a sample of this in my Ipsy bag. I have acne pron...6 Answers
  • Has anyone tried tarte Deep Dive Gel Cleanser? Is it good for dry...6 Answers
  • Dissolve waterproof makeup?2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Alex S.
CA
This cleanser is good, but nothing special, and not my favorite. I've only tried a few other makeup removing cleansers before, but I can tell that this is a pretty good one. I generally like to double cleanse my skin, but I bought this for whenever I feel too lazy to bother with that. I will say that this doesn't remove mascara too well. I use washable formulas, so I can only imagine how poorly this would do with waterproof ones. But it gets off the majority of my facial makeup, which is awesome. Full disclosure, my makeup style is relatively light and minimal, but still. Unfortunately, this makes my skin feel slightly stripped and dry after using it. It's nothing severe, and can be rectified by an extra dab of moisturizer. But because of this, it's not an every day type of cleanser for me. But if you have more oily/combo skin, this would probably suit you better.
Shannon B.
Lexington, SC
I’ve used this cleansing gel for a little while now and can say that it does its job. Keep in mind that this is NOT a makeup remover (I’ve seen negative reviews stating they had to really rub to get makeup off). This is a cleaner! It’s purpose is to remove oil and dirt from your pores and to leave your skin refreshed. They only negative I can say is that I don’t personally care for the slick feeling my face has when I try to rinse. I feel like my face is slimy, almost as though there’s soap I can’t rinse off. Other than that, this smells great, cleans well, and is a decent product all around. A bit too pricy for me ($38) but still good.
Jessica C.
Ashdown
This is my favorite face cleanser! I have sensitive, acne-prone, combination skin that gets irritated and dried out by most cleansers. This one isn't exactly moisturizing for me, but it also doesn't completely strip my skin of moisture. I do use a face lotion afterwards. A little bit goes a long way as I only use about two to three pumps to cover my entire face and neck. It hasn't irritated my skin at all even when I've had some pretty bad breakouts. While it is pricey, I'm glad to have it. So far, I've purchased the travel size (1.7 oz) twice and it lasts me about two months. I'm looking to save up for the full-size bottle soon.
Makenzie R.
Silverdale, WA
This product is my absolute favorite facial cleanser. It's a gel so it's great for us ladies who have dry skin. It makes your skin feel super soft to touch, and very clean but without the dry and right feeling... It's so gentle. I have been looking for a new face cleanser for the longest time, then I stumbled upon this, and im in complete love with it!!! I highly recommend this stuff if you want a gentle face wash if you have dry skin... this stuff is magic!
Hannah P.
I give this 10 out of 10 this product is amazing I always need a gentle face wash bc my face is very sensitive and this face wash is perfect for me and I’m all about face care and it’s very foamy and I love it I have noticed my face clearing up bc I have lots of little pimples in my t-zone and this face wash is helping my pimples go away and it’s gentle on my face. It also gets all my makeup off especially mascara
Morgan B.
I got this product as a gift with the taste h20 moisturizer and mist spray.  I have used this product about 3-4 times and haven't noticed a big difference. Rather more, I can't tell if the slight breakout I'm having is from this product. I find the scent to be a bit too strong but this product does leave my fresh for a quick time feeling cleansed. I have used this in the shower after exfoliating my face and then I use Eucerin moisturizer. It's been a brutal winter so I'm hoping this cleanser will help clear my face and keep it healthy.
Magen H.
Sedalia, MO
I SWEAR BY THIS PRODUCT! Lol okay maybe a little extreme but I received this is my Ipsy box a couple months ago and promise it has done wonders for my skin, I wish I had a before and after photo! But it is so gentle, it contains a small amount of oil so good for removing makeup or good for using after a makeup wipe, very refreshing light scent..I went out and bought the full size bottle from Sephora as part of a Tarte Hydration Kit and am in love! Definitely recommend this for dry or combination skin!
Tiffanie K.
Valdosta, GA
LOVE THIS! There is a slight herbally/lavender scent to this formula, which I love but some may not so just keep that in mind. This is a gentle cleanser and it lathers and foams really nicely. This product can be used to deep cleanse around the t-zone if you have a scrubby, a clarisonic, or any other cleaning brush. I do think that this is meant for oily/combo/normal skin, but as a dry-skinned person this works fine too. I only cleanse with a scrubby twice a week to prevent my skin from drying out.
My C.
South San Francisco
As far as cleansers go, this one goes on quite smoothly. I’ve used it a couple of times as part of my skin ritual. The smell is kind of nice, a little dash of lavender (at least to my nose). My skin is normally dry but this product doesn’t come on dry. It feels moisturizing when you’re using it but after your face is rinsed off then you feel a bit of that dryness. Maybe my skin is just a thirsty thot but it would’ve gotten five stars if not for the drying!
Brittany B.
I have sensitive skin so i wanted to try the mini size of this gel cleanser. I was happy that it didn't irritate my skin or dry me out further with this winter weather. It did a good job taking off all my makeup and making my skin feel clean and soft. I wasn't a fan of the smell at all and thats a huge part of why I'll buy a product, so even though it may have worked the smell turned me off since it smelled like that of chemicalled fruit.
Sasha H.
Will this irritate my acne prone skin?
Sarah K.
Altoona, PA
Has anyone tried tarte Deep Dive Gel Cleanser? Is it good for dry/combo skin? Anyone with sensitive skin have any problems with it?
Maura M.
Hellam, PA
I just received a sample of this in my Ipsy bag. I have acne prone skin - has this caused anyone breakouts? Does it leave your skin feeling oily or dry?
Rosalyn N.
San Dimas, CA
Is the cleansing gel recommend for all skin types? I'm interested in purchasing but I have combo skin. Thought?
Karla M.
Stoney Creek, ON
Bought this a few weeks ago and shortly after, stared breaking out. I don't want to assume that it was from this, but anyone else experience this?