BY TARTE #14 in Lipstick

Longwearing color and moisture-rich full coverage lipstick in 24 creamy shades.

• Rainforest of the Sea™ complex: a proprietary blend of algae and marine flower extracts that helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while smoothing and softening skin
  • Shea butter: a natural skin emollient that helps retain skin elasticity and protects against degeneration
  • Olive oil: rich in antioxidants to help soothe and restore lips

Product performance: Discover longwearing lip color powered by H2O with this full coverage hydrating lipstick. The ultra-creamy vegan formula combines intense pigments and buttery-smooth conditioners for comfort-swipe color that locks in place with no feathering or bleeding. Make water work for you through each sea-inspired shade infused with regenerative lip-quenchers and the antioxidant Rainforest of the Sea™ complex to help smooth the look of lip lines.

High dive, yachting, berry mojito, miami vice, beach waves, cruisin', vacay, escape, daiquiri, surf's up, set sail, 5 o'clock, siesta, colada, boardwalk, salt lyfe, shades, beach babe, pink lemonade, skinny dip, popsicle, island life Ingredients: Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, octyldodecanol, polyethylene, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, phytosteryl/isostearyl/cetyl/stearyl/behenyl dimer dilinoleate, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, microcrystalline wax/cera microcristallina/cire microcrystalline, hydrated silica, kaolin, water/aqua/eau, isohexadecane, silica, squalane, caprylic/capric triglyceride, algae extract, benzyl benzoate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, calcium aluminum borosilicate, calcium sodium borosilicate, citric acid, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, cera carnauba/copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax/cire de carnauba, ethylhexyl palmitate, candelilla cera/euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/cire de candelilla, gardenia taitensis flower extract, hydrogenated olive oil, hydrogenated polycyclopentadiene, mica, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, olea europaea (olive) oil unsaponifiables, palmitoyl tripeptide-1, parfum/fragrance, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, shorea stenoptera seed butter, sorbitan isostearate, sorbitan oleate, synthetic fluorphlogopite, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, tin oxide, tocopherol, tocopheryl acetate, tribehenin, VP/eicosene copolymer. (+/-): Red 7 Lake (15850), yellow 6 lake (CI 15985), yellow 5 lake (CI 19140), blue 1 lake (CI 42090), red 28 lake (CI 45410), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).  ME110000101

Rum punch Ingredients: Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, octyldodecanol, polyethylene, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, phytosteryl/isostearyl/cetyl/stearyl/behenyl dimer dilinoleate, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, microcrystalline wax/cera microcristallina/cire microcrystalline, hydrated silica, kaolin, water/aqua/eau, isohexadecane, silica, mica, squalane, caprylic/capric triglyceride, algae extract, benzyl benzoate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, calcium aluminum borosilicate, calcium sodium borosilicate, citric acid, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, cera carnauba/copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax/cire de carnauba, ethylhexyl palmitate, candelilla cera/euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/cire de candelilla, gardenia taitensis flower extract, hydrogenated olive oil, hydrogenated polycyclopentadiene, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, olea europaea (olive) oil unsaponifiables, palmitoyl tripeptide-1, parfum/fragrance, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, shorea stenoptera seed butter, sorbitan isostearate, sorbitan oleate, synthetic fluorphlogopite, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, tin oxide, tocopherol, tocopheryl acetate, tribehenin, VP/eicosene copolymer, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), red 7 lake (15850). ME110000111

Sunkissed Ingredients: Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, octyldodecanol, polyethylene, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, phytosteryl/isostearyl/cetyl/stearyl/behenyl dimer dilinoleate, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, microcrystalline wax/cera microcristallina/cire microcrystalline, hydrated silica, kaolin, water/aqua/eau, isohexadecane, silica, squalane, mica, caprylic/capric triglyceride, algae extract, benzyl benzoate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, calcium aluminum borosilicate, calcium sodium borosilicate, citric acid, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, cera carnauba/copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax/cire de carnauba, ethylhexyl palmitate, candelilla cera/euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/cire de candelilla, gardenia taitensis flower extract, hydrogenated olive oil, hydrogenated polycyclopentadiene, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, olea europaea (olive) oil unsaponifiables, palmitoyl tripeptide-1, parfum/fragrance, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, shorea stenoptera seed butter, sorbitan isostearate, sorbitan oleate, synthetic fluorphlogopite, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, tin oxide, tocopherol, tocopheryl acetate, tribehenin, VP/eicosene copolymer, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), red 7 lake (CI 15850). ME110000121

• I’ll have to try this! Looks really good for your lips! 👄...2 Answers
  • I’ve wanted to try them out for so long but they are so e...2 Answers
  • Does this make your lips appear crusty? Cause I always ha...3 Answers
Buy on Sephora
  • " This lupstick are very hydrating they have nice formulatiin and a good selection of colors a must have lippie to your collection" in 818 reviews
  • "Omg so loving this formula!!! It's creamy but not too creamy love the color on me and the scent is wonderful for me. " in 403 reviews
  • "This is such a good lip stick and it from tarte and the packing is very bright and colourful and I bought it from the tarte company and it is long lasting last me 2 months and yes I would buy it again." in 167 reviews
  • "I love tarte cosmetics. They have absolutely wonderful products and this lipstick has never failed me. It has wonderful coverage and pigment. And it's long-lasting, without being a matte lipstick. I do like liquid matte lipsticks but sometimes I just want a good old-fashioned long-lasting lipstick.... And this is the one I always seem to be reaching for. Would highly highly recommend." in 83 reviews
  • "Inspired by the whimsical colors of the Amazon and infused with naturally-derived ingredients from its lush vegetation, these Amazonian butter lipsticks add a splash of rich color and creamy shine for a perfect pout. Treat lips to a dose of color and moisture with these Amazonian butter lipsticks, infused with precious Amazonian butters to hydrate and smooth lips throughout the day. The luxurious formula glides on smoothly to deliver rich, creamy, natural looking color in a variety of shades that flatter any skin tone. Peppermint oil adds a refreshing hint of mint with each application and helps give lips a fuller, plumped up appearance. Each lipstick features unique, chic, eco-friendly packaging in specially-designed prints. " in 83 reviews
Jacki T.
Review for: Salt Lyfe, Beach Babe more...
These lipsticks have the creamiest, most hydrating formula on the market. They are literally a drink of water for your lips. The colors are gorgeous and buildable which makes the product great for both beginner and advanced makeup users.

I love the light vanilla scent that these have, very similar to the smell of their shadows. These lipsticks are in no way drying and they apply smoothly. With the buildable formula, you are able to add on layers without feeling too cakey.

This product is a cream lipstick so it is does transfer but not as bad as some products I’ve used in the past. I don’t have to re-apply these colors often if I choose to wear them as they last quite a while.

The component that they come in are gorgeous. Very marble/mermaid/beach themed which makes it such a cute addition to your makeup bag, vanity or purse!

I always have tarte Rainforest of The Sea Color Splash Lipstick handy! It is the PERFECT purple greige color and compliments EVERY skin tone. I am very fair and it is one of my absolute favorite shades!
Savannah C.
Review for: Skinny Dip more...
You win some, you lose some!
I think some people are being too harsh on this product. There is always a win-lose relationship with lipsticks and although this transfers and doesn't last all day, it's very very creamy/buttery and hydrating on your lips. I wear chapstick everyday and feel that this blends so well with it. Some lipsticks give hydration in the first few hours but dries up your lips as you go along with your day, in which case you end up reapplying chapstick, which then makes your lips feel like there's so many layers on it. Thankfully, this product doesn't do that. Because it's extremely hydrating and creamy, you do have to reapply the lipstick if you're not careful when you eat/drink but I don't really mind reapplying once or twice a day. I say this because reapplying this lipstick doesn't make me feel cakey and it almost feels like the lipstick and the chapstick become one!
Sarah G.
Scottsdale, AZ
Review for: Beach Waves more...
I dig the formula of this lipstick. It provides the hydration that it promises, but unlike most of Tarte’s makeup products, I have always felt that their lip formulas leave something to be desired. I do like the color of this lipstick, it feels great on the lips, but I do feel like it takes multiple coats to get the color payoff I desire and I feel like its longevity still leaves something to be desired. But for the price point, it is definitely worth giving this lipstick a go. They offer shades that flatter a myriad of complexions, so you’re bound to find a shade that resonates with you. And with a company that is cruelty-free and as close to a green beauty company that you’re going to find on the mainstream market, there isn’t much of a downside.
Tara H.
Review for: Pink Lemonade more...
I was SO intrigued by these when the first came out. They promised to be hydrating, and I absolutely adore the turquoise shell! I ordered the shade Pink Lemonade and anxiously awaited its arrival. When it came and I tried it I immediately loved the color! But this dried out my lips SO BAD. I thought maybe it was just a fluke, but it happened a few times. I ended up returning this.

A few months ago I got a free mini of the shade Colada and tried it to be sure I just didn’t get a bad one. Same thing 😫. I’ve found this same issue with all other Tarte lip products I’ve tried. It’s such a shame, because I really like most of their products. Unfortunately something in this just doesn’t agree with my skin!
Madi O.
St Augustine, FL
Review for: Other more...
I absolutely adore these tarte lipsticks! I am an avid tartelette and these products did not disappoint. I have shades: sandals (a gorgeous red), Jetset (a less intense and more neutral red), margs, soaked, and surf's up (all more neutral pinks). I love the different unique marbel encasing to these lipsticks so you know exactly which one you are grabbing without having to look on the bottom of the product. I highly recommend this products to all those makeup lovers who love cruelty free and organic products!
Rachel T.
Review for: Sunkissed, Surf's Up, Island Life, Yachting more...
For the price, these are not exactly the best lipsticks, but I do really like them, especially the lighter shades.

These lipsticks are very creamy and hydrating, but so much so that they can feel a little lipstick-y. I don't mind this if I'm fully glammed up, but I wouldn't use one of the medium shades on a BB-cream and mascara kind of day.

The super vampy shade, Yachting, is a little bit patchy on my lips, so I have to use a lipliner. Because they are so creamy, I would probably want to use a lip liner anyway to avoid bleeding outside the lip line.

Sunkissed was my go-to nude for quite a while. The pale nude in a really moisturizing formula didn't accentuate the fine lines in my lips like some other light shades can.

Overall, the formula is quite nice, but these lipsticks need a bit more care than some other lipsticks at this price.
Holly K.
I have Surf's Up, a warm terra-cotta shade. It's smooth on the lips however I wish it had a sweet scent. The shade range was really hard to choose from in person. Videos online made the nudes look pretty and wearable but in store the nudes looks weird and chalky. I wish they had better nudes to choose from. The midtown and deeper selection is great. It feels thin on the lips and will last through drinking. It's nice but not my fave. IMHO it's similar to Maybelline Matte lippies but better formula.
Cheyanne T.
Midland, TX
I am a huge fan of these lipsticks!
They are incredible!!
I am a bigger fan of the bullet traditional lipsticks than the newer liquid lipsticks, so when they brought these out I bought them all up!
The texture is a very smooth, creamy, almost whipped feeling on your lips, and the color is so pigmented and true to description. The color lasts a good amount of time - 4 hours on me before I need to reapply, and they never dry my lips out. When they do start to fade, it is very even and doesn’t create any rings or anything around the lips.
They have a pleasant slightly sweet and a little fruity scent to them, and they constantly replace my Charlotte Tilbury nude Kate and Kim K W Holy Grail lipsticks because these are just as good and half the price!
My favorite shades are Beach babe - pinkish nude, skinny dip - beige nude, and colada - peachy brown nude.
Give them a shot is you love a creamy traditional bullet lipstick! I fell in love with them the second I tried them.
makeup g.
Review for: Siesta, Rum Punch more...
i have a full sized one of these lipsticks in the shade siesta and a mini in the shade rum punch. i love hydrating, nude lipsticks. rum punch is my perfect “light” lipstick shade, even though it’s probably 0.05 shades lighter than my natural lips and has a pinky light brown nude undertone. i loved that mini so much i went to buy a full sized, but after swatching them in store i found that i loved the shade siesta! it’s a beautiful brownish nude lipstick and is super hydrating and pigmented yet creamy!
Nicole H.
Lawrence, KS
Review for: Island Life more...
This lipstick is great! The packing is incredibly cute. It comes in a tube that has bright Caribbean blue marbling on it. The actual color is flattering and I imagine would work on lighter and darker skin tones than me. This feels like a dream on the lips! It’s so smooth, creamy, and hydrating, and it feels comfortable on the lips. For a creamy lipstick, this has decent lasting power, I had to touch up after eating and drinking.
Laura C.
South Orange, NJ
If you've tried this product, what colors are your favorite? I literally love them all on the website and from reviews I've seen so it's really tough for me to narrow it down.
Doreen M.
How are the nude shades of Tarte? Tried one color but it was more a deep pink than nude
Gretchen G.
What is the finish of these lipsticks? I want to try them! Are there a lot of nude shades?
Alecia K.
Osceola, IA
Are these worth it? The packaging looks so cute and I've been into satin creamy Lips lately:)
barbie a.
would you recommend this lipstick ? what makes it good?