BY TARTE #7 in Lipstick

Longwearing color and moisture-rich full coverage lipstick in 24 creamy shades.

• Rainforest of the Sea™ complex: a proprietary blend of algae and marine flower extracts that helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while smoothing and softening skin
  • Shea butter: a natural skin emollient that helps retain skin elasticity and protects against degeneration
  • Olive oil: rich in antioxidants to help soothe and restore lips

Product performance: Discover longwearing lip color powered by H2O with this full coverage hydrating lipstick. The ultra-creamy vegan formula combines intense pigments and buttery-smooth conditioners for comfort-swipe color that locks in place with no feathering or bleeding. Make water work for you through each sea-inspired shade infused with regenerative lip-quenchers and the antioxidant Rainforest of the Sea™ complex to help smooth the look of lip lines.

High dive, yachting, berry mojito, miami vice, beach waves, cruisin', vacay, escape, daiquiri, surf's up, set sail, 5 o'clock, siesta, colada, boardwalk, salt lyfe, shades, beach babe, pink lemonade, skinny dip, popsicle, island life Ingredients: Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, octyldodecanol, polyethylene, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, phytosteryl/isostearyl/cetyl/stearyl/behenyl dimer dilinoleate, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, microcrystalline wax/cera microcristallina/cire microcrystalline, hydrated silica, kaolin, water/aqua/eau, isohexadecane, silica, squalane, caprylic/capric triglyceride, algae extract, benzyl benzoate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, calcium aluminum borosilicate, calcium sodium borosilicate, citric acid, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, cera carnauba/copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax/cire de carnauba, ethylhexyl palmitate, candelilla cera/euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/cire de candelilla, gardenia taitensis flower extract, hydrogenated olive oil, hydrogenated polycyclopentadiene, mica, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, olea europaea (olive) oil unsaponifiables, palmitoyl tripeptide-1, parfum/fragrance, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, shorea stenoptera seed butter, sorbitan isostearate, sorbitan oleate, synthetic fluorphlogopite, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, tin oxide, tocopherol, tocopheryl acetate, tribehenin, VP/eicosene copolymer. (+/-): Red 7 Lake (15850), yellow 6 lake (CI 15985), yellow 5 lake (CI 19140), blue 1 lake (CI 42090), red 28 lake (CI 45410), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).  ME110000101

Rum punch Ingredients: Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, octyldodecanol, polyethylene, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, phytosteryl/isostearyl/cetyl/stearyl/behenyl dimer dilinoleate, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, microcrystalline wax/cera microcristallina/cire microcrystalline, hydrated silica, kaolin, water/aqua/eau, isohexadecane, silica, mica, squalane, caprylic/capric triglyceride, algae extract, benzyl benzoate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, calcium aluminum borosilicate, calcium sodium borosilicate, citric acid, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, cera carnauba/copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax/cire de carnauba, ethylhexyl palmitate, candelilla cera/euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/cire de candelilla, gardenia taitensis flower extract, hydrogenated olive oil, hydrogenated polycyclopentadiene, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, olea europaea (olive) oil unsaponifiables, palmitoyl tripeptide-1, parfum/fragrance, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, shorea stenoptera seed butter, sorbitan isostearate, sorbitan oleate, synthetic fluorphlogopite, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, tin oxide, tocopherol, tocopheryl acetate, tribehenin, VP/eicosene copolymer, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), red 7 lake (15850). ME110000111

Sunkissed Ingredients: Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, octyldodecanol, polyethylene, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, phytosteryl/isostearyl/cetyl/stearyl/behenyl dimer dilinoleate, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, microcrystalline wax/cera microcristallina/cire microcrystalline, hydrated silica, kaolin, water/aqua/eau, isohexadecane, silica, squalane, mica, caprylic/capric triglyceride, algae extract, benzyl benzoate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, calcium aluminum borosilicate, calcium sodium borosilicate, citric acid, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, cera carnauba/copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax/cire de carnauba, ethylhexyl palmitate, candelilla cera/euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/cire de candelilla, gardenia taitensis flower extract, hydrogenated olive oil, hydrogenated polycyclopentadiene, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, olea europaea (olive) oil unsaponifiables, palmitoyl tripeptide-1, parfum/fragrance, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, shorea stenoptera seed butter, sorbitan isostearate, sorbitan oleate, synthetic fluorphlogopite, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, tin oxide, tocopherol, tocopheryl acetate, tribehenin, VP/eicosene copolymer, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), red 7 lake (CI 15850). ME110000121

• I want to try these so bad! How long do they last and do they imp...2 Answers
  • Olá, meu nome é Maria e sou de Portugal. Amo tudo... Be the first to answer!
  • If you've tried this product, what colors are your favorite? I li...10 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Miranda M.
Whiteland, IN
Review for: Skinny Dip
I received this product in my Ipsy bag a couple of months ago. The packaging is really pretty and it looks like the reflection you see when you are underwater.

My first impression was that I liked it for a "work" lipstick. The shade is light, hydrating and easy to apply. Because this is a water-based lipstick, it smudges and comes off very easily, even with a lip primer. So, if you don't mind re-applying, go for it, you will love it and your lips will be pretty and hydrated. If you are lazy like me, I would recommend something with a little more staying power. Even though this is marketed as a Lipstick, it feels and acts more like a tinted lip balm.
Yvonny J.
Meridian, ID
Review for: Sunkissed
I love tarte! Whenever possible I try to purchase something from their line that I just have to try. The lipstick is long lasting, hydrating and pigmented! I feel as though the price is reasonable for how much is in the tube, plus packaging is always top notch. My one con for this is that when I purchased the color it didn’t seem as orange as I thought it would be, I tend to go towards more pink tones and this was not that lol But I will definitely purchase more of these lipsticks!! They feel so good on the lips and I tend to have some dry lips and this doesn’t show any cracks whatsoever!
Holly K.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have Surf's Up, a warm terra-cotta shade. It's smooth on the lips however I wish it had a sweet scent. The shade range was really hard to choose from in person. Videos online made the nudes look pretty and wearable but in store the nudes looks weird and chalky. I wish they had better nudes to choose from. The midtown and deeper selection is great. It feels thin on the lips and will last through drinking. It's nice but not my fave. IMHO it's similar to Maybelline Matte lippies but better formula.
Amanda C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This lipstick is hand down my favorite not only in the tarte line but of all lipsticks. I have a shade called set sail. It is my favorite shade of all time. This formula Glides on creamy and dries almost instantly much like the tarte quick dry lipsticks. Your lips stay quite dry, but they do not dry out as this lipstick is moisturizing. I picked up to on Black Friday for about $14 a piece instead of the original 21. It's well worth the money
Cheyanne T.
Midland, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
I am a huge fan of these lipsticks!
They are incredible!!
I am a bigger fan of the bullet traditional lipsticks than the newer liquid lipsticks, so when they brought these out I bought them all up!
The texture is a very smooth, creamy, almost whipped feeling on your lips, and the color is so pigmented and true to description. The color lasts a good amount of time - 4 hours on me before I need to reapply, and they never dry my lips out. When they do start to fade, it is very even and doesn’t create any rings or anything around the lips.
They have a pleasant slightly sweet and a little fruity scent to them, and they constantly replace my Charlotte Tilbury nude Kate and Kim K W Holy Grail lipsticks because these are just as good and half the price!
My favorite shades are Beach babe - pinkish nude, skinny dip - beige nude, and colada - peachy brown nude.
Give them a shot is you love a creamy traditional bullet lipstick! I fell in love with them the second I tried them.
Samantha M.
Belton, TX
Review for: set sail
WOW!!! Hydrating and an absolutely GORGEOUS color!!!!! I get sooooo many compliments when wearing this! I don't know why the Color Splash lipsticks aren't talked about more! I'm in love. It was so easy to apply and I would love to buy it again...in every shade! The price point isn't bad for mid-level luxury brand makeup, especially since Tarte is cruelty-free (a must for me!) but you'd have to decide if the price is right for you. I do feel like nothing beats my Maybelline lipsticks...except that this color is outstanding. I didn't pick the color, it came in my Sephora Play! July 2017 but I'm so glad it did! I never would have picked that shade but it is just gorgeous! More dramatic than my natural lip color but not too anything--too peachy, too pink, too brown. It's just perfect. Do yourself a favor and get one!!!
Michelle W.
Annapolis, MD
Beauty Junkie Expert
Such a comfortable hydrating lipstick! I have the color rum punch which is a great nude shade and it's so easy to wear. It goes on super smooth and simply. It's my go to easy to throw on every day lipstick when I don't want to bother with a bold color or a liquid lip. I don't love the packaging though so minus one star. It just doesn't look very high need to me but it's not bad. Overall good lipstick.
Michelle G.
Review for: 5 O'Clock
This may be the ideal brown nude for me—the color is so rich and the wear is so comfortable. I’m a diehard matte lipstick junkie but I make an exception for this lipstick. I hear people discuss these lipsticks but this shade absolutely needs more attention. I’m fair with pretty neutral undertones and this just looks beautiful. I have such a hard time finding what I deem a nude for me because they always wash me out and/or make my teeth look yellow which nobody wants. This color helps bring out the whiteness in my teeth and has a nice deeper shade that looks beautiful on my complexion. Aside from the formula, the component is truly stunning. It is beautiful. The blue marbled component is by far my favorite of all time-it’s lovely. Even if the shade isn’t for you, I would suggest browsing the other shades because this is a great formula.
Nubia G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Amazing product!! The colors are beautiful and glided on perfectly. I tried many of their colors and they re all very nice. They all
Look amazing and the only thing I recommend is, carry around the lipstick and a chapstick because they do tend to dry out and leaves your lips feeling like they need moisture. But I don't mind those steps because I love the color and how it just glides on!
Catherine S.
Review for: Cruisin
I have so many colors from this line that I don't know if I could even pick a favorite! They are creamy and long wearing - super soft and comfortable on the lips with a natural and even fade throughout the day. Some are best with a lip liner and others it doesn't even matter, but they are all awesome! Cruisin' is a pretty berry color - perfect for fall/winter or anytime of year!
Laura C.
South Orange, NJ
If you've tried this product, what colors are your favorite? I literally love them all on the website and from reviews I've seen so it's really tough for me to narrow it down.
Doreen M.
How are the nude shades of Tarte? Tried one color but it was more a deep pink than nude
Gretchen G.
What is the finish of these lipsticks? I want to try them! Are there a lot of nude shades?
Alecia K.
Are these worth it? The packaging looks so cute and I've been into satin creamy Lips lately:)
barbie a.
would you recommend this lipstick ? what makes it good?