BY TARTE #5 in Foundation Sticks

Have you fed your skin lately? Our 12-hour, creamy matte clay stick feeds your appetite for weightless, natural coverage & good-for-you nutrients. #feedyourflawless

• mineral pigments: soothe & soften skin
  • vitamin C: antioxidant that fights free radicals while brightening skin
  • vitamin E: natural preservative that also acts as an emollient & antioxidant

Product performance: A buildable, powder-to-liquid formula that melts into skin for medium-to-full coverage, leaving a natural finish that looks & feels just like your own skin. Micro-encapsulated powders then burst with your body heat to keep you shine & cake-free. The vegan formula features antioxidant vitamins C, E & Amazonian clay, a total skin-balancing powerhouse that hydrates or mattifies depending on your skin type. The guilt-free blend also means there are no harsh chemicals like talc, gluten, sulfates, or parabens in your buildable, creamy coverage. Use on-the-go, as a spot concealer, or in lighter or darker shades to highlight & contour – just swipe, blend & #slaywithclay.

All Shades Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, octyldodecanol, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, phenyl trimethicone, acrylates crosspolymer, silica, mica, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, propylene glycol laurate, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, tocopherol, tocopheryl acetate, ascorbyl palmitate,  microcrystalline wax/cera microcristallina/cire microcristalline, kaolin, paraffin, propylene carbonate, disteardimonium hectorite, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, caprylyl glycol, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

• Is this stick foundation better than other brands stick foundatio...1 Answers
  • I really want to try the tarte Clay Stick Foundation but I'm not ...1 Answers
  • Is this good for combo skin?p3 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Corissa R.
Corissa R.
Review for: Fair-Light Neutral
I wanted to like this product. I tried with and without the radiance drops but I did not think it was long lasting. The radiance drops almost made it slough off. I have very dry skin so I was not expecting that to happen. It did not look even on my forehead or nose at all. It is easy to work with and move around on the face. I used a brush. I tried to set with powder and it still didn't wear the length of a work day. I may give it another shot... but probably won't change my mind.
Julia O.
Julia O.
Avondale
Review for: Medium Neutral
I love this stick but it might not be for everyone. You can get a sheer to medium coverage out of it, which I like since I don't like to wear full-coverage. It dries down to a more powdery finish but if that's not for you you could probably make it more dewy by adding a beauty oil or a more moisturizing primer. The price is a little higher than I'd expect for the amount of product you get but if you're not looking for full-coverage you don't need to use a lot each time.
Hayward, CA
Review for: Medium Sand
This is too yellow on me, I should have gotten medium neutral. I'm MAC NC35 for reference. My rating is for the consistency though and the amount of product in the tube. I have combination skin and this left me very greasy. The coverage isn't as full as I'd hoped even though I layered it on. My real gripe is that for the price point, you get a very small amount of foundation. I really want to like this though so I think I will give it another try since I love Tarte products.
Kevin M.
Kevin M.
Washington
These sticks have really awesome coverage and a skin like finish, that I really really love. It's not a flat matte finish at all. It also applies nicely overtop of itself, so you can layer it to achieve more coverage.

However, i do wish they would expand the shade range though, so more people could use the product.
Sara H.
Sara H.
Science Hill, KY
Review for: Light Medium Beige
First of all, I was very disappointed in the shade selection. I had to go a shade darker which produced an orange look on my face despite being a "neutral" color. Secondly, I was highly disappointed with the application. The end result looked cakey on my face and clung to dry patches of skin around my nose and eyebrows. Lastly, I felt like the product just sat on top of my skin. Even after setting the product I could still wipe it off my face with a swipe of my finger.
Miranda X.
Miranda X.
New Brighton, MN
Beautiful finish. Easy to use. Easy to carry for touch up or travel with. Good coverage. A variety of skin color. Great for dry to combo skin but if you are oily, might not like it. Not a lot of oil control for some reason. Used an oil control primer but still get the same result.
Laura G.
Laura G.
St Clr Shores, MI
Review for: Light Medium Neutral
i have NEVER gotten as many compliments on my makeup as i do when im wearing this - my skin looks absolutely amazing. the finish is great, dewy/glowy and feels so lightweight. it lasts the full 12 hours with a few touch ups here and there, but i expect that from most foundations. its very easy to blend out, but i would recommend blending it out with a brush. tarte’s clay foundation formula tends to stick inside of beauty sponges and makes it hard to clean.
Jennifer R.
Jennifer R.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Review for: Light Beige
This foundation was amazing when I first applied it. It has a beautiful, skin like finish with medium coverage. The Light Beige color was a perfect match for my skin tone. Unfortunately a few hours later it was a mess! It got super patchy on my cheeks and forehead, and completely disappeared on my chin. I tried it a few more times with different primers and I set it with powder and it did the same thing every time. I have oily/combination skin, so maybe it would work better for normal to dry skin types.
Allie M.
Allie M.
Freeport, NY
Review for: Medium Sand
Okay so this is a light coverage to medium coverage foundation stick. It was sooooo creamy and easy to blend! It literally was my perfect match for my skin tone. It did last all day on me, and that's because I was out all day in the sun. I have really dry skin and it was perfect for me & I don't have a lot of acne so a light coverage is okay for me too, it was enough coverage to cover my freckles. But basically I'm in love with this product!
Serry T.
Serry T.
San Jose, CA
Review for: Medium Sand
I have extremely dry skin and I was hesitant to try stick foundations because I heard it was too drying. I read and saw reviews stating that this specific one from Tarte worked well for dry skin, so I had to try it! First off, the convenience of the stick truly changed my life. I usually have to pump out foundation onto my hand and then warm it up with my finger before applying to my face. With the stick, I just dabbed it straight on my face and then used a foundation buffer brush to blend it out. It saves so much time! Second, I fell in love with this foundation! As long as you use a primer that works for you, it sits great. It lasted all day and didn't find its way into my fine lines. This product definitely gets an A+ from me!
Sarah O.
Sarah O.
San Jose , CA
How do you recommend applying? Beauty blender or brush?
Liv M.
Liv M.
What type of coverage is this. I really want to try a stick foundation but I don't love full coverage. I prefer a medium or sometimes a light:)
Julie M.
Julie M.
Lakewood, CA
I have an extremely oily t-zone. I love full coverage to hide my dark spots and I expect a matte look. Would it meet my expectations?
Samantha C.
Samantha C.
Is this good for combo skin?p
Hayward, CA
I have combination skin and tried this product but it left me oily. Anyone else had this result? Which primers do you suggest to wear under this?