BY TARTE #5 in Foundation Sticks

Have you fed your skin lately? Our 12-hour, creamy matte clay stick feeds your appetite for weightless, natural coverage & good-for-you nutrients. #feedyourflawless

• mineral pigments: soothe & soften skin
  • vitamin C: antioxidant that fights free radicals while brightening skin
  • vitamin E: natural preservative that also acts as an emollient & antioxidant

Product performance: A buildable, powder-to-liquid formula that melts into skin for medium-to-full coverage, leaving a natural finish that looks & feels just like your own skin. Micro-encapsulated powders then burst with your body heat to keep you shine & cake-free. The vegan formula features antioxidant vitamins C, E & Amazonian clay, a total skin-balancing powerhouse that hydrates or mattifies depending on your skin type. The guilt-free blend also means there are no harsh chemicals like talc, gluten, sulfates, or parabens in your buildable, creamy coverage. Use on-the-go, as a spot concealer, or in lighter or darker shades to highlight & contour – just swipe, blend & #slaywithclay.

All Shades Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, octyldodecanol, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, phenyl trimethicone, acrylates crosspolymer, silica, mica, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, propylene glycol laurate, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, tocopherol, tocopheryl acetate, ascorbyl palmitate,  microcrystalline wax/cera microcristallina/cire microcristalline, kaolin, paraffin, propylene carbonate, disteardimonium hectorite, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, caprylyl glycol, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

• Is this stick foundation better than other brands stick foundatio...1 Answers
  • I really want to try the tarte Clay Stick Foundation but I'm not ...1 Answers
  • Is this good for combo skin?p3 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Candy B.
Candy B.
Sahuarita, AZ
Review for: Medium Neutral
*UPDATE: This product applies best directly into the skin and blended with a beauty blender! I still believe that this product wears the same, etc. But application is best with the said method. ❤️

I had never tried a stick foundation before so when Tarte released this product, I knew I had to give it a go! The packaging is very sleek. There's a bit of weight to the product to give it the luxury feel. Plus, I like the natural amber detail on the tube. Classy. The formula? Just "okay" for me. This has a surprisingly dewy finish. And yes, it is pigmented. You'll sure be able to get high coverage with this product. It was able to cover my acne scars with one layer. Con? It definitely looks like makeup and feels like it too. It felt as if the product just sat on top of my skin... not letting it breath. Because of that, the wear time wasn't that impressive. I've recently developed combo dry/oily T-zone skin and this product didn't do much for it. By the end of the day, my makeup looked cakey and a bit too shiny. It also grabbed onto some dry patches also. I'll try more application methods with this, just in case. I really want to like it, but for now? Meh.
Amber J.
Amber J.
Manitowoc, WI
Review for: Fair Beige
Never in my life has my foundation looked even better at the end of the day until this wonderful, amazing foundation! I have combo soon but much more on the dry side so I was fully expecting this to be a disaster for me. This is also the first cream foundation that I have tried in about 7 years, and my early experiences with any creamy products where horrible, this had changed everything!

My skin is very dry everywhere around my nose, and I get very oily in my cheek and chin area. I am used to having flakes of makeup around nose and absolutely nothing left in my oily areas at the end of the day. This didn't budge, fade, melt, become transparent, crack, flake or anything!!!! My makeup was flawless, and actually looks even better as the day goes on and the natural oils activate the Amazonian clay.

Also a little goes a long way! I do two little lines on each cheek, a dab on my chin, and a swipe across my fivehead. I use a beauty blender damp and it blends out like nothing. I am used to using liquid foundations and would be blending for eternity, this blends out incredibly in a fraction of the time. Coverage is buildable but I have found I really love a one layer coverage with this, even on my Rosacea!
Jeanna J.
Jeanna J.
Atlanta
Review for: Light Medium Neutral
tarte Clay Stick Foundation

I ordered this online, the shade matches perfect for my winter skin. Also the packaging is heavy which I love. And the top lid has this really cool rubber feeling stamp thingy that looks like wood. So cool if you are a fidgety person like MUH SELF!

This foundation is NOT full coverage it is very sheer, it also makes my skin look a little oily which I don't enjoy but its not the worst thing ever since I do have REALLY DRY skin.
If you have oily skin or larger pores, I might stay away from this or try a sample out by going to ULTA or Sephora and putting it on then wearing it for the day. ( I have 0 shame and will do a full face at the places testing/wearing before I buy. )

All in all... I would prob buy again if it was a AMAZING discount. Otherwise I can live without it. It is beautiful though!
Mary S.
Mary S.
Review for: Fair-Light Neutral
I'm going to be completely honest and start by saying that I thought Tarte's Clay Stick Foundation would be a miss for me. I haven't worn foundation in about 15years. I'm more of a loose powder or tinted moisturizer type of girl. My biggest issue with foundations in the past has been how thick and heavy they feel on my face. It's also very hot where I live, most of the year. That being said, after much internal debate, I finally caved. What can I say, I'm a sucker for tarte's snapchat tartelettes. So, I purchased the clay stick in fair-light-neutral, crossed my fingers and hoped it was worth taking the chance with my combination skin type. First of all, I was amazed at how easily I was able to blend the clay stick foundation onto my skin. I was also impressed by the smooth consistency of the coverage. And, the best part, it's light weight enough that I don't even feel like I am wearing it. (serious bonus points for that). I'm not officially off the no-foundation wagon but Tarte's Clay Play Stick is definitely an exception. Excellent for day or night and easily buildable. #HighlyRecommended
Madison C.
Madison C.
Review for: Fair Neutral
I am IN LOVEEEEE with this foundation!!! This is literally the best foundation that I have ever tried. Most recently I was using the dior forever foundation which wasn't bad but since I moved to a drier climate I found that it was clinging to certain dry spots and I just felt like I got really greasy by the end of the day like it didn't last well for me in the heat. So I decided to try the tarte clay stick foundation because I have heard so many good reviews about it and I felt comfortable wearing it in the heat since it is made with so many good products that it wouldn't break me out. First of all, this formula is soooooo unbelievably creamy and blends like a dream!!! You don't need too much foundation so start out with small swipes and then add more after you buff it out if you want to add more coverage. I love how this foundation truly just looks like your skin. It isn't cakey or creasy and it doesn't leave me greasy. Everyone should try this foundation because it is a holy grail! I love you tarte!!!!
Alex E.
Alex E.
Columbia, MO
Review for: Light Beige
I really wanted to love this foundation. The color that I chose is pigmented, creamy, and smooth when first applied. It blends out with a beauty blender like a dream and it looks lovely  right at first. But as soon as you start to layer  products on top of it, like concealer, powder, blush, etc. It starts to slide and just comes right off the face. After a few hours, the foundation has separated in spots and has settled in all the lines in my T-Zone. If I even lightly brush my face, the foundation will just come off completely, leaving a spot of bare skin where I barely touched. I will have to try this again using a really sticky primer, as I used NYX Angel Veil - Skin Perfecting Primer , and it might have given it too much of a smooth base. But given that it looked so bad after only an hour or so, i'm really disappointed. It also really highlights all my texture really badly. Won't repurchase.
Juqee T.
Juqee T.
Emeryville
Review for: Medium Neutral
First I picked up Tan Sand and tried it for a day. Color was a bit too dark so I realized I chose a wrong color so I went back to exchange it. I tried Medium Neutral at the store but it was a bit too light. Sephora staffs and I agreed that I'm perfectly in between Medium Neutral and Tan Sand so they suggested to get 2 of them or wait till new shades come up. (I'm perfect match to MUFE Stick Y405) I really really wanted to love this but unfortunately I had to return it. Such a bummer. As for the wear test it felt pretty good. Creamy but light, covers decent and it felt close to MUFE stick foundation except this might not lasts long compare to MUFE. I think this stick foundation is more ideal to dry skin like mine. Oily to Convo peeps might hate it. Tarte, please please make more shades soon!

(Left Top to Bottom) MUFE Y405 [*my perfect match], Tarte stick Medium Neutral, Tarte stick Medium Sand (Right Top to Bottom) Tarte stick Tan Sand, Tarte stick Tan Deep Honey
Austin M.
Austin M.
Ewa Beach
Review for: Other
IF YOURE OILY, STAY AWAY LOL 😂 Omg I have super oily skin and this is a no go for me hunty. This is a build able coverage Stick foundation that has a natural finish. The colors do run light for it so it's kinda irritating. It's like they have 20 shades of patty mayonnaise. TARTE GET WITH IT. It smells like paste like elementary school paste lol It feel super oil-like on my skin considering it has oil controlling particles in it. I tried using a brush to blend, it made hella streaks. I used a beauty blender and that's the way to go girl lol. I set this product with so much Powder but when I felt my face afterwards it still felt damp, if that makes sense 😂Never have I ever had a foundation that separated within 3 hours for me! HOLY COW. It creased and I was look CRAZY. I used my normal routine products that usually work well on me so I know it's the foundation lol this is just my honest opinion home gir
Allison D.
Allison D.
Corp Christi, TX
This foundation truly surprised me. The way it melts into your skin honestly makes it look like your skin but better. It's full coverage and lightweight, it feels like nothing on your face. It isn't cakey and it doesn't get shiny. I would say the finish is like a natural satin. I'm not exaggerating when I say this Texas heat is no joke, and it didn't budge after a long sweaty day!
I think my favorite part about it is how easily it blends out. Typically stick foundations are a thicker formula and you have to buff them in with a kabuki brush, but this blends out seamlessly with a beauty sponge. The cool thing is that it either hydrates or mattifies depending on your skin type. (Oily, dry, combo)Whether you set your face with powder or not, your bronzer/blush/highlight or whatever you apply goes on flawlessly and blends in so smoothly. I'm beyond impressed.
Bri N.
Bri N.
Rancho Cucamonga
Please please read, this product is not great for my oily people's. This great for dry skin faces. I usually apply a little amount to face and use a beauty blender to blend nicely. Other ways I used this product is I purchase the Medium Neutral color and the Light Medium Neutral. So on the day's I am looking pale I use the darker shade and vise versa. It is full coverage too me. It is very creamy. If you are oily and really want to try apply small amounts only and wear definitely wear a primer and setting powder after go over the setting powder with a beauty blender to stay in place and make sure it does not get cakey
Sarah O.
Sarah O.
San Jose , CA
How do you recommend applying? Beauty blender or brush?
Liv M.
Liv M.
What type of coverage is this. I really want to try a stick foundation but I don't love full coverage. I prefer a medium or sometimes a light:)
Julie M.
Julie M.
Lakewood, CA
I have an extremely oily t-zone. I love full coverage to hide my dark spots and I expect a matte look. Would it meet my expectations?
Samantha C.
Samantha C.
Is this good for combo skin?p
Pearl C.
Pearl C.
Hayward, CA
I have combination skin and tried this product but it left me oily. Anyone else had this result? Which primers do you suggest to wear under this?