BY TARTE #11 in Foundation Sticks

Have you fed your skin lately? Our 12-hour, creamy matte clay stick feeds your appetite for weightless, natural coverage & good-for-you nutrients. #feedyourflawless

• mineral pigments: soothe & soften skin
  • vitamin C: antioxidant that fights free radicals while brightening skin
  • vitamin E: natural preservative that also acts as an emollient & antioxidant

Product performance: A buildable, powder-to-liquid formula that melts into skin for medium-to-full coverage, leaving a natural finish that looks & feels just like your own skin. Micro-encapsulated powders then burst with your body heat to keep you shine & cake-free. The vegan formula features antioxidant vitamins C, E & Amazonian clay, a total skin-balancing powerhouse that hydrates or mattifies depending on your skin type. The guilt-free blend also means there are no harsh chemicals like talc, gluten, sulfates, or parabens in your buildable, creamy coverage. Use on-the-go, as a spot concealer, or in lighter or darker shades to highlight & contour – just swipe, blend & #slaywithclay.

All Shades Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, octyldodecanol, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, phenyl trimethicone, acrylates crosspolymer, silica, mica, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, propylene glycol laurate, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, tocopherol, tocopheryl acetate, ascorbyl palmitate,  microcrystalline wax/cera microcristallina/cire microcristalline, kaolin, paraffin, propylene carbonate, disteardimonium hectorite, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, caprylyl glycol, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

• Is this stick foundation better than other brands stick foundatio...1 Answers
  • I really want to try the tarte Clay Stick Foundation but I'm not ...1 Answers
  • Is this good for combo skin?p3 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Jeanna J.
Atlanta
tarte Clay Stick Foundation

I ordered this online, the shade matches perfect for my winter skin. Also the packaging is heavy which I love. And the top lid has this really cool rubber feeling stamp thingy that looks like wood. So cool if you are a fidgety person like MUH SELF!

This foundation is NOT full coverage it is very sheer, it also makes my skin look a little oily which I don't enjoy but its not the worst thing ever since I do have REALLY DRY skin.
If you have oily skin or larger pores, I might stay away from this or try a sample out by going to ULTA or Sephora and putting it on then wearing it for the day. ( I have 0 shame and will do a full face at the places testing/wearing before I buy. )

All in all... I would prob buy again if it was a AMAZING discount. Otherwise I can live without it. It is beautiful though!
Brenda M.
Bonanza
Review for: Light Medium Neutral
I absolutely love this foundation! When I first apply it, it looks like foundation but after it warms to my skin it make my skin look so vibrant! It lasts on me through a full 12 hr shift at the hospital! I definitely recommend setting this down with a powder as it does transfer some but the color payoff lasts all day! I apply this with tarte’s foundation brush that’s recommended with this product and it blends so well into the skin, I have not tried a beauty blender yet! Blush and bronzer lay smoothly on top and my shape tape blends flawlessly with this foundation! It is also the perfect size for traveling as well! I definitely recommend this product if you have dry, normal to combo skin!
Nicole G.
Wallowa, OR
Review for: Fair-Light Neutral
I received this as a deluxe sample from Sephora and as much as I wanted to love it I just couldn’t bring myself to enjoy it. I have oily skin and as most stick foundations do, this just amplified my oiliness. If it weren’t for the foundation making me extremely oily I would have adored it. The application is nice and the finish is nice but about 3 hours into a day and I was an oil slick. The one thing I can say is use sparingly, a small amount will do well to cover your entire face. I’m likely one of the few that just didn’t enjoy this, and again, everyone reacts differently to different products. I don’t discourage you to use this even if you’re oily because what works or doesn’t work for me just might or might not for you!
Alex E.
Columbia, MO
Review for: Light Beige
I really wanted to love this foundation. The color that I chose is pigmented, creamy, and smooth when first applied. It blends out with a beauty blender like a dream and it looks lovely  right at first. But as soon as you start to layer  products on top of it, like concealer, powder, blush, etc. It starts to slide and just comes right off the face. After a few hours, the foundation has separated in spots and has settled in all the lines in my T-Zone. If I even lightly brush my face, the foundation will just come off completely, leaving a spot of bare skin where I barely touched. I will have to try this again using a really sticky primer, as I used NYX Angel Veil - Skin Perfecting Primer , and it might have given it too much of a smooth base. But given that it looked so bad after only an hour or so, i'm really disappointed. It also really highlights all my texture really badly. Won't repurchase.
Alyssa R.
Bend, OR
Review for: Light Beige
I loved this foundation! I've never used a stick foundation and it was so easy to apply! The formula was smooth and had amazing coverage!

I would not recommend this product to people with oily skin at all however. It would be best for people with skin leaning to the dry side. The moisture it packs is impressive and I loved how dewy my skin looked after using it!

However I didn't realize how fast it would run out! My foundation normally lasts me 4-5 months or longer depending. This one only lasted 2 months. And that wasn't with everyday wear either. The only reason I'm giving it 4 stars is due to the price and how long the product actually lasted me.
Emily F.
Review for: Light Medium Neutral
I bought this product a couple months ago when Tarte ran an amazing deal with QVC to get this and numerous other tarte products on sale. And besides just the drop in price, I am absolutely in love with this product!!! I had never used a stick foundation before and honestly after using this, I have no clue why! It is super creamy and easy to apply. I have dry skin and this is so refreshing and hydrating! The coverage is also amazing and it sets well throughout the day. Because it is so creamy, I do recommend setting this well with a powder. Lastly, I also use the smoothie blender foundation brush by Tarte with this product and I love how flawless it makes the foundation look! This is hands down my new favorite foundation and I highly recommend it! I will definitely be repurchasing!
Sarah H.
Prescott, AZ
Review for: Fair Beige
This foundation has become my new holy grail! I've been a powder foundation user ever since I started wearing makeup by default; every time I've tried a stick or liquid formula for heavier coverage they've all accentuated my pores and made my skin look flaky. This foundation is the first non-powder I've ever used that looks amazing on my oily-combination skin and provides great coverage without looking cakey or unnatural. This is a pretty small sized stick compared to other brands but a little of this formula goes a long way. I find I get the best application and coverage applying the stick directly to my skin and blending out with my Real Techniques sponge. This isn't quite full coverage but it's very versatile and buildable for sheer to medium coverage depending on your needs.
Cloud K.
Richmond, IN
Review for: Fair-Light Neutral
This is my favorite foundation ever! It's so creamy and gives my skin a beautiful, glowing look that lasts all day (or night). I've seen other reviews saying that it's not full coverage, but it's incredibly buildable, so with 2 layers you can definitely achieve that full face look. My only complaint is that it's pretty expensive for the amount of foundation you get.
Jaime C.
Review for: Light Medium Neutral
These go on very easily and are easy to blend out. I really like the packaging and the little tiger eye on the top. I got mine from the Tarte website so I accidentally got a shade too light but I just use it for highlighting. For my oily skin this foundation is a bit too heavy if I use enough to make it full coverage.
Brooke S.
Atlanta, GA
Review for: Light Beige
I love the functionality and the formula of this foundation. The consistency is very creamy and it glides right on. This foundation can be applied with a beauty blender or brush and both applications look seamless and just like your own skin. This foundation is also weightless and has a next to skin feel that lasts all day long without getting shiny or greasy. This is a must have foundation if you are a Tarte lover!
Liv M.
What type of coverage is this. I really want to try a stick foundation but I don't love full coverage. I prefer a medium or sometimes a light:)
Sarah O.
San Jose , CA
How do you recommend applying? Beauty blender or brush?
Julie M.
Lakewood, CA
I have an extremely oily t-zone. I love full coverage to hide my dark spots and I expect a matte look. Would it meet my expectations?
Samantha C.
Is this good for combo skin?p
Amin F.
Is this foundation good for dry skin?