BY TARTE #5 in Makeup Palettes

Like shapewear for your face-these 12 essential Amazonian clay matte eyeshadows multitask as universal eye, nose & brow shapers, plus contour colors so you can #slaywithclay.

Shades:

• Journey (rosy buff)
  • Stone (rosy brown)
  • Solstice (ivory)
  • Terracotta (warm taupe)
  • Dunes (slate brown)
  • Smoke (coffee)
  • Sand (cream)
  • Desert (cool taupe)
  • Ember (amber brown)
  • Onyx (black)
  • Instinct (buff)
  • Timber (chestnut)
  • mineral pigments: soothe & soften skin
  • vanilla extract: natural fragrance with rich antioxidant & anti-aging properties

Define & contour your features with this universal ‘power sculpting’ palette-like shapewear for your face! Sculpt your eyes, brows, nose & complexion with 12 essential shades: nine neutral-to-smoky matte shadows with buildable color, and three sculpting face powders contour a variety of skintones. Each microfine powder blends to a natural, longwearing finish minus the harsh lines. The secret’s in the clay: it helps balance & replenish skin so you get the most even payoff without creasing, caking, or flaking. #slaywithclay

Journey Ingredients: Talc, silica, boron nitride, zinc stearate, ethylhexyl palmitate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, water/aqua/eau, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, kaolin, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), manganese violet (CI 77742).

Stone Ingredients: Talc, silica, ethylhexyl palmitate, boron nitride, zinc stearate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, water/aqua/eau, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, kaolin, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), manganese violet (CI 77742).

Solstice Ingredients: Talc, silica, boron nitride, ethylhexyl palmitate, zinc stearate, mica, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, water/aqua/eau, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, kaolin, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), manganese violet (CI 77742).

Terracotta Ingredients: Talc, silica, boron nitride, ethylhexyl palmitate, zinc stearate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, water/aqua/eau, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, kaolin, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), manganese violet (CI 77742).

Dunes Ingredients: Talc, silica, boron nitride, zinc stearate, ethylhexyl palmitate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, water/aqua/eau, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, kaolin, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), manganese violet (CI 77742).

Smoke Ingredients: Talc, silica, boron nitride, zinc stearate, ethylhexyl palmitate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, water/aqua/eau, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, kaolin, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), manganese violet (CI 77742).

Sand Ingredients: Talc, mica, boron nitride, zinc stearate, ethylhexyl palmitate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, kaolin, silica, water/aqua/eau, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), manganese violet (CI 77742), carmine (CI 75470).

Desert Ingredients: Talc, silica, boron nitride, ethylhexyl palmitate, zinc stearate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, water/aqua/eau, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, kaolin, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), manganese violet (CI 77742).

Ember Ingredients: Talc, silica, boron nitride, zinc stearate, ethylhexyl palmitate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, water/aqua/eau, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, kaolin, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), manganese violet (CI 77742).

Onyx Ingredients: Talc, silica, boron nitride, zinc stearate, ethylhexyl palmitate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, water/aqua/eau, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, kaolin, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), manganese violet (CI 77742).

Instinct Ingredients: Talc, mica, boron nitride, zinc stearate, ethylhexyl palmitate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, kaolin, silica, water/aqua/eau, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), manganese violet (CI 77742), carmine (CI 75470).

Timber Ingredients: Talc, silica, boron nitride, ethylhexyl palmitate, zinc stearate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, water/aqua/eau, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, kaolin, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), manganese violet (CI 77742), carmine (CI 75470).

• I am super excited as I ordered this pallette last night! Tarte h...3 Answers
  • How pigmented are these eyeshadows?3 Answers
  • How well would this work for contouring and eye shadows on dark s...2 Answers
Breanna L.
4.25 Stars for this beauty!

At full price ad first glance, I did not fall in love with this palette and while some influencer I knew loved it, I saw shadows that were so close to one another. Tarte shadows can also be hit or miss. When it went on sale, I decided to give it a chance and I and SO glad I did not pass on this one! If you can get your hands on it, DO IT. I know the new palette, tarte Clay Play Face Shaping Palette II, has a highlight and Blush, but it also has repeat shadows from this one and I think the contour and bronzer shades in this palette make it 100% worth it.

FACE - the three contour and bronzer shades are STELLAR. They work well on their own and mixed together, they are just stunning even on my fair skin. They are so blendable and melt into your skin well. These have worked with every powder and foundation I have used. I would buy it for those alone.

EYES - while the shadows are grouped, they still an be used interchanging without getting muddy, which is great! While the new palette has shimmers, these are great as a matte palette to pair with any shimmer palettes out there (UD Heavy Metals, Fenty Galaxy, TF chocolate gold, etc) or a liquid glitter, You have cool and warm browns that can go with a glam or simple look. Sometimes I find Tarte white or cream shades can be gritty and chalky, but not these! They are wonder to use for a matte look, brown bone, or to set your primer/cut crease.

Highly recommend this product.
Sham A.
Palos hills
I absolutely love love love this pallet!!!! I live that it has both warm toned eye shadows along with 3 contour and bronze shades. One thing that also attracts me to this pallets is the smell, for those who havnt tried it, it smells like chocolate and candy. I got this pallet as a part of my Sephora weekly wows for $23 a couple weeks ago. The only thing I don't like about this is that it has tons of fall outs!!! Like even if you slightly touch the tip of your brush with the shadow you are going to get fall outs!!! Overall highly recommend it, though again keep an eye over the fallouts.
Dee S.
Las Vegas, NV
At first glance I wasn’t excited by this palette as it just seemed to be yet another matte shadow/contour palette. I purchased mine during Tarte’s birthday sales week for $18 but knowing what I do now about how great this product is, I’d happily pay full price for it.
All of the shades are multi purpose and can be used anywhere on the face which makes it ideal for a pro MUA or for traveling. The pigmentation is real! A little goes a very long way especially with the larger pan contour/bronzer shades. It’s easy to go in too heavy with these, especially if you’re more used to using a densely packed brush to contour - you can easily end up with a muddy mess on your face that is near impossible to blend. However if you use a fluffy brush (I prefer to use the real techniques setting brush for contouring with this palette), then you’ll be able to achieve a beautifully blended contour.
I love the versatility of this palette and just like every other Tarte palette, it has that vanilla scent that I absolutely love! I’m so glad I gave this product a chance despite not being impressed at first glance!
Samantha C.
Longmont , CO
 I am really in love with this palette. I have had it for about two months now and I use it every single day. While it isn’t a stand alone palette for me, I love it as a companion palette. I like to pair this with palettes that lack transition shades, such as the KVD Saint & Sinner, Huda Beauty Desert Dusk and Natasha Denona Aeris palettes. What makes this palette so great to travel with is that it has any matte/neutral eyeshadow I could need, a brow powder and my bronzer and contour shades. So it is basically 4 products in one. The powders are pigmented and all blend beautifully and, I have to say, Tarte makes my favorite black shadow. I HIGHLY recommend this, especially if you travel a lot or need a multipurpose palette.
Tara C.
Clemmons, NC
I love this palette! It is one of the only warmer palettes that I own. I usually wear cooler colors and am just automatically drawn to them. It pulled me in and I absolutely couldn't resist when I saw that Sephora had it half off a few weeks ago. I picked it up and honestly, for a minute after my order was placed, I thought to myself 'What are you thinking? You aren't going to use that palette.' I couldn't have been more wrong. It is a PERFECT warm neutrals palette. There is NO kickback, ZERO fall out which is AMAZING because good grief, shadows are full of it these days. Every color in the palette can be used as a shadow or a contour shade. I would say there is at least two highlighter shades and even darker skin tones would have no problem finding several looks from this palette. And it smells like vanilla. I love it when my palettes have a pleasant smell. It's heavy, has a mirror and has a LOT of product. I honestly have nothing negative to say about this product. It works so well, I wish I had bought two!
Jessica M.
Shelbyville, KY
Sturdy packaging, HUGE mirror, INSANE pigment! This palette will last me forever, even though I've reached for it just about everyday since i got it, because you need soo little. The colors are perfect for my everyday "mom look" and blend effortlessly. This palette has absolutely upped my contour game because it's genuinely effortless to blend - even if you get too much product. It smells freaking AMAZING (duh!) and is everything you would expect from Tarte. The one thing i really truly WISH it had is a blush - i feel like that would push it all the way over the top and allow me to do my whole entire face with ONLY this product.
Stephanie C.
I debated wheather to get this palette and Im so happy I did! There is so much to do with this palette! I can use it for contour, bronzer, brows, eyeshadow, liner...everything! This palette is the perfect palette to travel with not only because it has all you need but because it lasts on the skin all day as well! Next time I travel, Ill take, foundation, concealer, powder, blush, mascara and this palette and Ill be set! ....side note: the black in this palette is a "blackest black" type of color that ive never seen in any other tarte palette. Its perfect to use as eyeliner!
Jessie C.
alpharetta
I absolutely love this palette! I have fair skin but I am able to use the two lighter contours with no problem. I also love using the shade smoke to fill in my brows. The palette also smells amazing! I highly recommend this palette to all makeup enthusiasts the shadows are creamy and the contour shades are amazing! I have included a picture of the 3 contour shades on my fair skin.
Victoria D.
Elk Grove , CA
This palette is just fantastic. Next to her shimmery highlighting counterparts, she looks a bit well...boring. But oh is she lovely! Elegant and versatile, with timeless neutrals that are richly pigmented but easily blended; a foundation upon which you can layer everything else if you so desire. I mostly purchased this to have a cool toned and a warm toned contour in the same palette. I really did not expect to enjoy this palette even half as much as I do and now I'm very glad I picked up the last one in the store.
Tiffany B.
So I was looking for Sephora's weekly wow and stumbled upon this palette. I swatched ONE eyeshadow and mediately bought it. The formula of these powders is so incredibly smooth and pigmented. After playing with these on the eyes and face, I've found they blend beautifully! My only gripe is that the contour shades are much too warm for me (I'm a cool nuetral in Clinique Foundations to give some perspective on coloring) The powders also smell really pleasant... Almost chocolatey? But it's a very lingering scent... I could smell it on my eyes for HOURS after I had applied (which generally would be bothersome but the scent is so great I really didn't mind!

I picked this up on sale for $23. I do think if you're looking for a good basic palette, the full price is still worth it.
Devin D.
Saline, MI
Hey guys! I'm looking into buying a matte neutral eyeshadow palette. I can't decide between the new Clay Play Face Shaping Palette from Tarte, or the Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette from KVD. Which would you pick? And are there other palettes that you'd recommend? Please let me know! tarte Clay Play Face Shaping Palette Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette
Amy P.
Harrietsham, Kent
can you use any of the shades for highlighting on fair skin tones?
Julia H.
Weymouth, MA
Is this palette best for shadows or contour? I'm looking for a good contour palette and this has come up a few times. Is it mainly for eyeshadow? Or both? Who is she?
Maranda W.
Stratford
I am super excited as I ordered this pallette last night! Tarte had an amazing sale, I will definately be reviewing the heck out of this when I get it!! Has anyone else had a great experience with this one? It’s rated # 12 !!
Courtney S.
Jacksonville, FL
Would you prefer the new tarte contour palette or kat von D's? Kat Von D Shade + Light Face Contour Refillable Palette tarte Clay Play Face Shaping Palette