BY TARTE #10 in Makeup Palettes

Like shapewear for your face-these 12 essential Amazonian clay matte eyeshadows multitask as universal eye, nose & brow shapers, plus contour colors so you can #slaywithclay.

Shades:

• Journey (rosy buff)
  • Stone (rosy brown)
  • Solstice (ivory)
  • Terracotta (warm taupe)
  • Dunes (slate brown)
  • Smoke (coffee)
  • Sand (cream)
  • Desert (cool taupe)
  • Ember (amber brown)
  • Onyx (black)
  • Instinct (buff)
  • Timber (chestnut)
  • mineral pigments: soothe & soften skin
  • vanilla extract: natural fragrance with rich antioxidant & anti-aging properties

Define & contour your features with this universal ‘power sculpting’ palette-like shapewear for your face! Sculpt your eyes, brows, nose & complexion with 12 essential shades: nine neutral-to-smoky matte shadows with buildable color, and three sculpting face powders contour a variety of skintones. Each microfine powder blends to a natural, longwearing finish minus the harsh lines. The secret’s in the clay: it helps balance & replenish skin so you get the most even payoff without creasing, caking, or flaking. #slaywithclay

Journey Ingredients: Talc, silica, boron nitride, zinc stearate, ethylhexyl palmitate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, water/aqua/eau, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, kaolin, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), manganese violet (CI 77742).

Stone Ingredients: Talc, silica, ethylhexyl palmitate, boron nitride, zinc stearate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, water/aqua/eau, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, kaolin, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), manganese violet (CI 77742).

Solstice Ingredients: Talc, silica, boron nitride, ethylhexyl palmitate, zinc stearate, mica, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, water/aqua/eau, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, kaolin, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), manganese violet (CI 77742).

Terracotta Ingredients: Talc, silica, boron nitride, ethylhexyl palmitate, zinc stearate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, water/aqua/eau, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, kaolin, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), manganese violet (CI 77742).

Dunes Ingredients: Talc, silica, boron nitride, zinc stearate, ethylhexyl palmitate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, water/aqua/eau, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, kaolin, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), manganese violet (CI 77742).

Smoke Ingredients: Talc, silica, boron nitride, zinc stearate, ethylhexyl palmitate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, water/aqua/eau, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, kaolin, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), manganese violet (CI 77742).

Sand Ingredients: Talc, mica, boron nitride, zinc stearate, ethylhexyl palmitate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, kaolin, silica, water/aqua/eau, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), manganese violet (CI 77742), carmine (CI 75470).

Desert Ingredients: Talc, silica, boron nitride, ethylhexyl palmitate, zinc stearate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, water/aqua/eau, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, kaolin, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), manganese violet (CI 77742).

Ember Ingredients: Talc, silica, boron nitride, zinc stearate, ethylhexyl palmitate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, water/aqua/eau, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, kaolin, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), manganese violet (CI 77742).

Onyx Ingredients: Talc, silica, boron nitride, zinc stearate, ethylhexyl palmitate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, water/aqua/eau, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, kaolin, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), manganese violet (CI 77742).

Instinct Ingredients: Talc, mica, boron nitride, zinc stearate, ethylhexyl palmitate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, kaolin, silica, water/aqua/eau, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), manganese violet (CI 77742), carmine (CI 75470).

Timber Ingredients: Talc, silica, boron nitride, ethylhexyl palmitate, zinc stearate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, water/aqua/eau, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, kaolin, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), manganese violet (CI 77742), carmine (CI 75470).

• omg super pretty would live to try ! is their a lot of fall out?4 Answers
  • I am super excited as I ordered this pallette last night! Tarte h...3 Answers
  • Hey guys! I'm looking into buying a matte neutral eyeshadow palet...7 Answers
Shatoya D.
I use this almost every day. The value is exceptional. The eyeshadows are beautiful and incredibly blendable. (There is a little fall out) I am a light to medium complexion and I use the lightest contour shade. It is such a beautiful natural color. The bronzers are such pretty pigmented colors, a little goes a long way! There is also black that I use to line my eyes and my go-to eyebrow powder is the shade dunes. I have dark hair and light warm toned skin and this color is PERFECT. I’m a busy mom of FIVE.. and I like products that are versatile.. and you can literally do your whole face with this. I rarely have time to use an eyebrow gel, I do a 10 minutes face.. but this eyeshadow lasts the whole day on my brows! I’m a huge fan of this palette!
Dee S.
Las Vegas, NV
At first glance I wasn’t excited by this palette as it just seemed to be yet another matte shadow/contour palette. I purchased mine during Tarte’s birthday sales week for $18 but knowing what I do now about how great this product is, I’d happily pay full price for it.
All of the shades are multi purpose and can be used anywhere on the face which makes it ideal for a pro MUA or for traveling. The pigmentation is real! A little goes a very long way especially with the larger pan contour/bronzer shades. It’s easy to go in too heavy with these, especially if you’re more used to using a densely packed brush to contour - you can easily end up with a muddy mess on your face that is near impossible to blend. However if you use a fluffy brush (I prefer to use the real techniques setting brush for contouring with this palette), then you’ll be able to achieve a beautifully blended contour.
I love the versatility of this palette and just like every other Tarte palette, it has that vanilla scent that I absolutely love! I’m so glad I gave this product a chance despite not being impressed at first glance!
Tara C.
Clemmons, NC
I love this palette! It is one of the only warmer palettes that I own. I usually wear cooler colors and am just automatically drawn to them. It pulled me in and I absolutely couldn't resist when I saw that Sephora had it half off a few weeks ago. I picked it up and honestly, for a minute after my order was placed, I thought to myself 'What are you thinking? You aren't going to use that palette.' I couldn't have been more wrong. It is a PERFECT warm neutrals palette. There is NO kickback, ZERO fall out which is AMAZING because good grief, shadows are full of it these days. Every color in the palette can be used as a shadow or a contour shade. I would say there is at least two highlighter shades and even darker skin tones would have no problem finding several looks from this palette. And it smells like vanilla. I love it when my palettes have a pleasant smell. It's heavy, has a mirror and has a LOT of product. I honestly have nothing negative to say about this product. It works so well, I wish I had bought two!
Breanna L.
4.25 Stars for this beauty!

At full price ad first glance, I did not fall in love with this palette and while some influencer I knew loved it, I saw shadows that were so close to one another. Tarte shadows can also be hit or miss. When it went on sale, I decided to give it a chance and I and SO glad I did not pass on this one! If you can get your hands on it, DO IT. I know the new palette, tarte Clay Play Face Shaping Palette II, has a highlight and Blush, but it also has repeat shadows from this one and I think the contour and bronzer shades in this palette make it 100% worth it.

FACE - the three contour and bronzer shades are STELLAR. They work well on their own and mixed together, they are just stunning even on my fair skin. They are so blendable and melt into your skin well. These have worked with every powder and foundation I have used. I would buy it for those alone.

EYES - while the shadows are grouped, they still an be used interchanging without getting muddy, which is great! While the new palette has shimmers, these are great as a matte palette to pair with any shimmer palettes out there (UD Heavy Metals, Fenty Galaxy, TF chocolate gold, etc) or a liquid glitter, You have cool and warm browns that can go with a glam or simple look. Sometimes I find Tarte white or cream shades can be gritty and chalky, but not these! They are wonder to use for a matte look, brown bone, or to set your primer/cut crease.

Highly recommend this product.
Jessica L.
Livonia
I was so excited to try this palette out! I actually received this palette in one of the sub boxes I receive monthly. The palette itself is actually pretty big and contains a range of neutral shades that can be used for the eyes and face both. I have found that they are decently pigmented and are fairly easy to blend as well. Most of the shades are matte which is nice for creating a subtle look although I do wish that the shades had a bit more color payoff and a few more had shimmer to them. I do think this is a great palette though because of the simple fact that I can use the shades on both my face and eyes making me more likely to grab for it!
Ashley B.
My first tarte pallete and for good reason, it literally does it all. Eye shadow, contour, eyebrow filler, setting powder (for me anyways) blush if you like neutral tones. It's my go-to everyday pallete. It's smells like vanilla. The pigment is great, there is some slight fall out. I recommend tapping your brush. I don't know how I lived without the shade terracotta. It's a good price for a great product that should last you for a long time. All natural, hypoallergenic. Doesn't bother my skin at all! I have issues with just about every make up brand out there, break outs, welts, red irritated eyes, but not with any tarte product I've used.
Stephanie C.
I debated wheather to get this palette and Im so happy I did! There is so much to do with this palette! I can use it for contour, bronzer, brows, eyeshadow, liner...everything! This palette is the perfect palette to travel with not only because it has all you need but because it lasts on the skin all day as well! Next time I travel, Ill take, foundation, concealer, powder, blush, mascara and this palette and Ill be set! ....side note: the black in this palette is a "blackest black" type of color that ive never seen in any other tarte palette. Its perfect to use as eyeliner!
Brianna S.
Lake Worth, FL
I'm not in love with this palette. At full price, I would definitely not purchase, but the sale price is a decent deal. I got this as a Christmas gift, and I hope for my friend's sake she purchased it while on sale. The colors are too similar to make this palette worth it to me, especially because I've used "contour" pans as eyeshadow in the past. I will say that these have a decent color payoff. This palette sits on my vanity and is one of my least reached for contour kits. It's not a bad formula, it's just a forgettable palette to me.
Tiffany B.
So I was looking for Sephora's weekly wow and stumbled upon this palette. I swatched ONE eyeshadow and mediately bought it. The formula of these powders is so incredibly smooth and pigmented. After playing with these on the eyes and face, I've found they blend beautifully! My only gripe is that the contour shades are much too warm for me (I'm a cool nuetral in Clinique Foundations to give some perspective on coloring) The powders also smell really pleasant... Almost chocolatey? But it's a very lingering scent... I could smell it on my eyes for HOURS after I had applied (which generally would be bothersome but the scent is so great I really didn't mind!

I picked this up on sale for $23. I do think if you're looking for a good basic palette, the full price is still worth it.
keali d.
millbury
I think this is an okay product. I like that it includes shadows that would looks good with the contour but i think the contour is a bit too pigmented. I also think its a bit hard to blend out. I really enjoy the colors though and the products packaging is very nice. I probably wouldn’t recommend this product and i probably wouldn’t have bought it if it wasn’t on sale.
Devin D.
Saline, MI
Hey guys! I'm looking into buying a matte neutral eyeshadow palette. I can't decide between the new Clay Play Face Shaping Palette from Tarte, or the Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette from KVD. Which would you pick? And are there other palettes that you'd recommend? Please let me know! tarte Clay Play Face Shaping Palette Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette
Litzy V.
Hillsboro , TX
omg super pretty would live to try ! is their a lot of fall out?
Amy P.
Harrietsham, Kent
can you use any of the shades for highlighting on fair skin tones?
Julia H.
Weymouth, MA
Is this palette best for shadows or contour? I'm looking for a good contour palette and this has come up a few times. Is it mainly for eyeshadow? Or both? Who is she?
Courtney S.
Jacksonville, FL
Would you prefer the new tarte contour palette or kat von D's? Kat Von D Shade + Light Face Contour Refillable Palette tarte Clay Play Face Shaping Palette