tarte Brazilliance™ Skin Rejuvenating Maracuja Self Tanner with Mitt
tarte's best-selling maracuja-infused self-tanner for a natural-looking, all-over bombshell bronze.
- Maracuja: rich in essential fatty acids and vitamin C for firmer, brighter, smoother skin and maximum hydration
- Sunflower seed oil: rich in vitamins A & E; helps moisturize, regenerate and condition skin
- Vitamin E: natural preservative that also acts as an emollient and antioxidant
- PUREshield™: proprietary scent control technology that neutralizes traditional self-tanner smell
If you can’t tone it, tan it! Achieve a natural-looking bronze on demand minus the sun damage thanks to tarte’s best-selling self-tanner. Infused with nourishing maracuja for ultra-moisturizing skincare benefits, the high-performance formula helps to replenish, restore and brighten skin. In a universal deep bronze shade that never looks fake or orange, this revolutionary hybrid-gel is powered by tarte’s proprietary PUREshield™ scent-control technology to expertly block the telltale unpleasant scent found in other self-tanners. Using the included perfect application mitt, you’ll achieve a clean and streak-free tan every time for a healthy-looking faux glow and naturally slimmer appearance.see more...
Top Questions See all 88 Q&A
- "I have not had good luck with self tanners in the past but this one went on well, didn't smell bad and gave me a nice golden glow." in 4 reviews
- ":) It also was a bit sticky after and had a slight scent that wasn't pleasant." in 1 review
- "It smells nice actually when you put it on it kind of smells like cinnamon but then later on if you actually smell your arm you can kind of smell the self tanner in it, but its not bad." in 1 review
- "Make sure to exfoliate your skin prior to applying this product to get an even tan!" in 1 review
- "Would definitely recommend this product and will continue to purchase!" in 1 review
It was very easy to apply, didn't have a bad smell, and didn't give me a weird, orange look. It left me glowy and sun-kissed for about two weeks.
Keep in mind, you NEED to exfoliate before using this, or you will look patchy!
Pros: 1.) I do agree with other posters that this is a good natural color. I've never had a problem with self tanners turning me "orange" like some people say but I do notice the difference between some self tanners in how natural looking the color is that it makes you and I'd say this one is pretty good.
2.) Smell isn't awful. All self tanners make your skin smell to a certain extent for a couple days but this one isn't super bad either.
Cons: 1.) Basically no color pay off. I basically look almost the same the next day after applying it the night before. I've also found that I can't even try to build the color up over a few days because it makes my skin start flaking off immediately.
2.) You have to use A LOT of it and it's hard to rub in. So, if you're like me and have to use self tanner regularly and don't want to be dedicating an hour to applying self tanner every week then this is not a great choice
Going off of it being hard to rub in, it also will start building up on your skin and not rubbing in properly. It gets caked up on the mitt sort of and then you end up rubbing off some of the tan. You can see a picture of the formula in my picture.
3.) The mitt is useless, self tanner will seep through it and my finger ripped through it on my second time using it. I wouldn't really care about the mitt though because you can buy better ones but the formula isn't amazing to me either.
So basically, I think it's good and I use it sometimes depending on what I'm looking for. I like to use it in conjunction with other self tanners to build up my optimal tan.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos