BY TARTE #26 in Self-Tanner

tarte's best-selling maracuja-infused self-tanner for a natural-looking, all-over bombshell bronze.

• Maracuja: rich in essential fatty acids and vitamin C for firmer, brighter, smoother skin and maximum hydration
  • Sunflower seed oil: rich in vitamins A & E; helps moisturize, regenerate and condition skin
  • PUREshield™: proprietary scent control technology that neutralizes traditional self-tanner smell

If you can’t tone it, tan it! Achieve a natural-looking bronze on demand minus the sun damage thanks to tarte’s best-selling self-tanner. Infused with nourishing maracuja for ultra-moisturizing skincare benefits, the high-performance formula helps to replenish, restore and brighten skin. In a universal deep bronze shade that never looks fake or orange, this revolutionary hybrid-gel is powered by tarte’s proprietary PUREshield™ scent-control technology to expertly block the telltale unpleasant scent found in other self-tanners. Using the included perfect application mitt, you’ll achieve a clean and streak-free tan every time for a healthy-looking faux glow and naturally slimmer appearance.

• tarte Brazilliance™ Skin Rejuvenating Maracuja Self Tanne...1 Answers
  • Is this product good for pale girls and is it an easy app...1 Answers
  • Does this streak? Leave you looking orange? 1 Answers
tarte Brazilliance™ Skin Rejuvenating Maracuja Self Tanner with Mitt
  • "I have not had good luck with self tanners in the past but this one went on well, didn't smell bad and gave me a nice golden glow." in 4 reviews
  • ":) It also was a bit sticky after and had a slight scent that wasn't pleasant." in 1 review
  • "It smells nice actually when you put it on it kind of smells like cinnamon but then later on if you actually smell your arm you can kind of smell the self tanner in it, but its not bad." in 1 review
  • "Make sure to exfoliate your skin prior to applying this product to get an even tan!" in 1 review
  • "Would definitely recommend this product and will continue to purchase!" in 1 review
Ashley G.
Olive branch, MS
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I purchased this tanner on a whim and I am so happy that I did! This tanner leaves a beautiful kiss of color after it develops. It smells like VANILLA, the best part! And the mitt is fabulous! It does a great job of applying this product and results in a streak free tan and you do not get the dreaded orange hands. This tanner absorbs quickly and does not transfer once it has dried and soaked into the skin. I enjoy this product and recommend highly!
Sanela T.
Sterling Hts, MI
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
This is a great natural tanner. I love the color it gives off very warm and natural and not orange in the least bit. The only reason I have took a star off is because I find the self tanner on the light side and don't think it's build-able but other than that it is a great product if you are looking for a light glow.
Erin M.
West Columbia, SC
I love this self tanner. It applies so easy! It has a color guard so you can see where you put it. It develops quickly & lasts for several days! Tarte always has promotions, so I always try to stock up when it’s on sale! tarte Brazilliance™ Skin Rejuvenating Maracuja Self Tanner with Mitt
Jess K.
Mineola, NY
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I’ve tried this in between using the original St tropez bronzing mousse. I did like it a lot. It’s a different consistency. It’s a little thick and gives you more of a brown tone over an olive tone which depends on what you prefer. Both undertones work for me as I get very tan in the summertime. This product didn’t smell to bad, in fact it’s on the better smelling tanners. The mitt is a little better than st tropez mitt but still very thin. This got really messy because it’s a squeeze bottles and the bronzing mousses for me worked better because of the limited mess. I do recommend if you want to try it but I feel their are better ones on the market.
Katie W.
As a fair-skinned redhead, achieving a sun-kissed tan is impossible. I have relied on many types of self tanners, and none have quite worked the way I wanted them to. This one, however, is probably the best I've tried.
It was very easy to apply, didn't have a bad smell, and didn't give me a weird, orange look. It left me glowy and sun-kissed for about two weeks.

Keep in mind, you NEED to exfoliate before using this, or you will look patchy!
Caitlin G.
I bought this last year because of all the rave reviews. It's good but I haven't found it to be as great as everyone makes it out to be. My natural skin tone is basically translucent so I have to heavily rely on self tanners so I have tried a lot of products to compare it to. It definitively has pros but I find the cons outweigh it.

Pros: 1.) I do agree with other posters that this is a good natural color. I've never had a problem with self tanners turning me "orange" like some people say but I do notice the difference between some self tanners in how natural looking the color is that it makes you and I'd say this one is pretty good.
2.) Smell isn't awful. All self tanners make your skin smell to a certain extent for a couple days but this one isn't super bad either.

Cons: 1.) Basically no color pay off. I basically look almost the same the next day after applying it the night before. I've also found that I can't even try to build the color up over a few days because it makes my skin start flaking off immediately.
2.) You have to use A LOT of it and it's hard to rub in. So, if you're like me and have to use self tanner regularly and don't want to be dedicating an hour to applying self tanner every week then this is not a great choice
Going off of it being hard to rub in, it also will start building up on your skin and not rubbing in properly. It gets caked up on the mitt sort of and then you end up rubbing off some of the tan. You can see a picture of the formula in my picture.
3.) The mitt is useless, self tanner will seep through it and my finger ripped through it on my second time using it. I wouldn't really care about the mitt though because you can buy better ones but the formula isn't amazing to me either.

So basically, I think it's good and I use it sometimes depending on what I'm looking for. I like to use it in conjunction with other self tanners to build up my optimal tan.
allison o.
sc, california
I used this leading up to and on my wedding day with no regrets! Streak-free and super easy application with the mitt. The color didn't bleed, which was awesome and I didn't need any help applying it on my body. The price is a bit steep given the amount of lotion provided. I LOVE the smell!
Hannah D.
Overland Park, KS
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I’ve used this a while ago when I received a sample bottle from Sephora. This went on really easy and lasted on your skin longer than I expected. The smell wasn’t bad. There wasn’t any patchiness either.
Sophia P.
Always have loved this self tanner so a good natural looking tan. The only con I have for this product is the smell and color pay off. It’s not as dark as I like but it works.
Fapiano J.
Anaheim, CA
Best tanner on the market. I am fair skinned and I love the color this gets my legs. No smell. bought it at Sephora...love this tanner. I have tried all of them
Brittany L.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 4
Does this make you orange??
Mckenna A.
Ivanhoe, CA
Is this a permanent self tanner or does it just stay on till you take a shower?
Ashley M.
Rowlett, TX
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
What is the price range on this? Is it worth it? Does it turn you orange ? How long does it last?
Tiffany F.
Flowery Branch, GA
Is this a good self tanner for very fair skin, or will it make me look orange?
Briana D.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Does this work well for pale skin, does it last long? Can you go swimming with it on.