BY TARTE #10 in Self-Tanner

tarte's best-selling maracuja-infused self-tanner for a natural-looking, all-over bombshell bronze.

• Maracuja: rich in essential fatty acids and vitamin C for firmer, brighter, smoother skin and maximum hydration
  • Sunflower seed oil: rich in vitamins A & E; helps moisturize, regenerate and condition skin
  • PUREshield™: proprietary scent control technology that neutralizes traditional self-tanner smell

If you can’t tone it, tan it! Achieve a natural-looking bronze on demand minus the sun damage thanks to tarte’s best-selling self-tanner. Infused with nourishing maracuja for ultra-moisturizing skincare benefits, the high-performance formula helps to replenish, restore and brighten skin. In a universal deep bronze shade that never looks fake or orange, this revolutionary hybrid-gel is powered by tarte’s proprietary PUREshield™ scent-control technology to expertly block the telltale unpleasant scent found in other self-tanners. Using the included perfect application mitt, you’ll achieve a clean and streak-free tan every time for a healthy-looking faux glow and naturally slimmer appearance.

• Is this product good for pale girls and is it an easy application...1 Answers
  • Does this streak? Leave you looking orange? 1 Answers
  • Is this for all skin tones? I am quite fair and am worried about ...1 Answers
tarte Brazilliance™ Skin Rejuvenating Maracuja Self Tanner with Mitt
  • "I have not had good luck with self tanners in the past but this one went on well, didn't smell bad and gave me a nice golden glow." in 4 reviews
  • "Make sure to exfoliate your skin prior to applying this product to get an even tan!" in 1 review
  • "Would definitely recommend this product and will continue to purchase!" in 1 review
  • "It smells nice actually when you put it on it kind of smells like cinnamon but then later on if you actually smell your arm you can kind of smell the self tanner in it, but its not bad." in 1 review
  • ":) It also was a bit sticky after and had a slight scent that wasn't pleasant." in 1 review
Caitlin G.
I bought this last year because of all the rave reviews. It's good but I haven't found it to be as great as everyone makes it out to be. My natural skin tone is basically translucent so I have to heavily rely on self tanners so I have tried a lot of products to compare it to. It definitively has pros but I find the cons outweigh it.

Pros: 1.) I do agree with other posters that this is a good natural color. I've never had a problem with self tanners turning me "orange" like some people say but I do notice the difference between some self tanners in how natural looking the color is that it makes you and I'd say this one is pretty good.
2.) Smell isn't awful. All self tanners make your skin smell to a certain extent for a couple days but this one isn't super bad either.

Cons: 1.) Basically no color pay off. I basically look almost the same the next day after applying it the night before. I've also found that I can't even try to build the color up over a few days because it makes my skin start flaking off immediately.
2.) You have to use A LOT of it and it's hard to rub in. So, if you're like me and have to use self tanner regularly and don't want to be dedicating an hour to applying self tanner every week then this is not a great choice
Going off of it being hard to rub in, it also will start building up on your skin and not rubbing in properly. It gets caked up on the mitt sort of and then you end up rubbing off some of the tan. You can see a picture of the formula in my picture.
3.) The mitt is useless, self tanner will seep through it and my finger ripped through it on my second time using it. I wouldn't really care about the mitt though because you can buy better ones but the formula isn't amazing to me either.

So basically, I think it's good and I use it sometimes depending on what I'm looking for. I like to use it in conjunction with other self tanners to build up my optimal tan.
Hannah D.
Overland Park, KS
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I’ve used this a while ago when I received a sample bottle from Sephora. This went on really easy and lasted on your skin longer than I expected. The smell wasn’t bad. There wasn’t any patchiness either.
allison o.
sc, california
I used this leading up to and on my wedding day with no regrets! Streak-free and super easy application with the mitt. The color didn't bleed, which was awesome and I didn't need any help applying it on my body. The price is a bit steep given the amount of lotion provided. I LOVE the smell!
Terra J.
Xenia , OH
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
This is a must have!!!! I️ ordered mine online just to give it a shot before we left for our family vacation.. and I️ instantly fell in love! It didn’t leave me orange and streaky! It smells amazing and it’s gentle on the skin. I️ will definitely purchase it again. It’s well worth the money!
Fapiano J.
Anaheim, CA
Best tanner on the market. I am fair skinned and I love the color this gets my legs. No smell. bought it at Sephora...love this tanner. I have tried all of them
Bayli L.
Holden, MA
I love this stuff.

Okay, so I used to be the girl that would head to the tanning bed multiple times a week. This was back in high school and maybe even a bit in college. But, I got burned pretty bad a couple times and I scared myself from going back.

I've been searching for a a good self tanner ever since. I've been orange so many times I can't even count *sad face*

But this one has become a favorite. I'm super fair skinned, so I always have to find a tanner that you can build the color or else I'll look awful.

I found this one is light enough to look natural but dark enough to take away my Casper like appearance hah.

It doesn't stay for a long time though. After a few days it starts wearing off. I also found that I can't build the color for too many days before it starts streaking. Which, leg stripes are not sexy. I'm not a tiger.

I have also found that I can use this like a bronzer. I've mixed it with my normal lotion and lathered myself up to add a hint of gold to my skin. Works well!
Becca C.
Mooresville, NC
If you are fair skinned this is your ultimate DREAM! I am so in love with this product I can't get over it haha I am so fair and have dry skin and this miracle tanner gave me the most stunning natural tan color! It is definitely light, one coat will make you look sun kissed and 2 makes you look tan. This will not give you the jersey shore totally tanned look but I love that about it! It truly is fool proof to apply because of the oil in it and honestly fades so perfectly! My husband even has me use it on him because it looks so natural and nice! It just makes the skin look healthy and alive! If you are fair just try it, it is 100% worth every penny!!
Danna C.
Savannah, GA
As far as self tanners go, this has been my favorite that I have tried so far! It leaves a very natural tan color, softens my skin, and blurs imperfections. The tan lasts even after a shower or two! I must note that if you apply too often, it can build up in some areas, giving you an uneven finish.

You have to follow the instructions and make sure you are clean, exfoliated, and not wearing any products like deodorant or lotion before you apply it so that it comes out even. A little goes a long way, no more than a quarter size drop on each major ligament.
Ariel D.
Charlotte, NC
Simplest product to apply to myself! Doesn't leaves streaks when applied with the mitt that came with it. I use this 1-2 times a week, minimum. Great tanning bed alternative! Color blends extremely well for fair to light skin tones. I'm pictured in the attached image on the far right (ripped jean shorts) with one layer of tanner and zero natural sun. I'm naturally fair to light with warm undertones. Hope this helps!
Hannah M.
Glenside , PA
I used this self tanner for a while until I ran out. I loved it! It didn't leave streaks. It went on so easily with the glove that comes included. It's about pricy at $40 but I thought it was worth it. I liked the smell and I liked that it didn't give me an orange fake looking tan. It was natural looking. I'd recommend trying this product!
Stacy L.
Columbus , OH
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I've known people who've tried this and had mixed reviews. So is it worth the money? Does it leave orange spots? Do you get an even tan?
Briana D.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Does this work well for pale skin, does it last long? Can you go swimming with it on.
Paige H.
Toronto, ON
I use st tropez, how does this compare to it?
Tanya C.
Victoria , TX
I have been looking for a self tanner and I have thought about just going to a tanning salon, but I don't really have the extra time to go somewhere to tan . Does this tanner actually have a good tan ? Does it transfer on to clothes easily ? How long would this self tan last ?
Brina D.
Tacoma, WA
Does this self tanner turn out streaky?