BY TARTE

tarte's best-selling maracuja-infused self-tanner for a natural-looking, all-over bombshell bronze.

• Maracuja: rich in essential fatty acids and vitamin C for firmer, brighter, smoother skin and maximum hydration
  • Sunflower seed oil: rich in vitamins A & E; helps moisturize, regenerate and condition skin
  • PUREshield™: proprietary scent control technology that neutralizes traditional self-tanner smell

If you can’t tone it, tan it! Achieve a natural-looking bronze on demand minus the sun damage thanks to tarte’s best-selling self-tanner. Infused with nourishing maracuja for ultra-moisturizing skincare benefits, the high-performance formula helps to replenish, restore and brighten skin. In a universal deep bronze shade that never looks fake or orange, this revolutionary hybrid-gel is powered by tarte’s proprietary PUREshield™ scent-control technology to expertly block the telltale unpleasant scent found in other self-tanners. Using the included perfect application mitt, you’ll achieve a clean and streak-free tan every time for a healthy-looking faux glow and naturally slimmer appearance.

• tarte Brazilliance™ Skin Rejuvenating Maracuja Self Tanne...1 Answers
  • Is this product good for pale girls and is it an easy app...1 Answers
  • Does this streak? Leave you looking orange? 1 Answers
tarte Brazilliance™ Skin Rejuvenating Maracuja Self Tanner with Mitt
  • "I have not had good luck with self tanners in the past but this one went on well, didn't smell bad and gave me a nice golden glow." in 4 reviews
  • ":) It also was a bit sticky after and had a slight scent that wasn't pleasant." in 1 review
  • "It smells nice actually when you put it on it kind of smells like cinnamon but then later on if you actually smell your arm you can kind of smell the self tanner in it, but its not bad." in 1 review
  • "Make sure to exfoliate your skin prior to applying this product to get an even tan!" in 1 review
  • "Would definitely recommend this product and will continue to purchase!" in 1 review
Jess K.
Mineola, NY
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I’ve tried this in between using the original St tropez bronzing mousse. I did like it a lot. It’s a different consistency. It’s a little thick and gives you more of a brown tone over an olive tone which depends on what you prefer. Both undertones work for me as I get very tan in the summertime. This product didn’t smell to bad, in fact it’s on the better smelling tanners. The mitt is a little better than st tropez mitt but still very thin. This got really messy because it’s a squeeze bottles and the bronzing mousses for me worked better because of the limited mess. I do recommend if you want to try it but I feel their are better ones on the market.
Ashley G.
Olive branch , MS
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I purchased this tanner on a whim and I am so happy that I did! This tanner leaves a beautiful kiss of color after it develops. It smells like VANILLA, the best part! And the mitt is fabulous! It does a great job of applying this product and results in a streak free tan and you do not get the dreaded orange hands. This tanner absorbs quickly and does not transfer once it has dried and soaked into the skin. I enjoy this product and recommend highly!
Katie W.
As a fair-skinned redhead, achieving a sun-kissed tan is impossible. I have relied on many types of self tanners, and none have quite worked the way I wanted them to. This one, however, is probably the best I've tried.
It was very easy to apply, didn't have a bad smell, and didn't give me a weird, orange look. It left me glowy and sun-kissed for about two weeks.

Keep in mind, you NEED to exfoliate before using this, or you will look patchy!
Caitlin G.
I bought this last year because of all the rave reviews. It's good but I haven't found it to be as great as everyone makes it out to be. My natural skin tone is basically translucent so I have to heavily rely on self tanners so I have tried a lot of products to compare it to. It definitively has pros but I find the cons outweigh it.

Pros: 1.) I do agree with other posters that this is a good natural color. I've never had a problem with self tanners turning me "orange" like some people say but I do notice the difference between some self tanners in how natural looking the color is that it makes you and I'd say this one is pretty good.
2.) Smell isn't awful. All self tanners make your skin smell to a certain extent for a couple days but this one isn't super bad either.

Cons: 1.) Basically no color pay off. I basically look almost the same the next day after applying it the night before. I've also found that I can't even try to build the color up over a few days because it makes my skin start flaking off immediately.
2.) You have to use A LOT of it and it's hard to rub in. So, if you're like me and have to use self tanner regularly and don't want to be dedicating an hour to applying self tanner every week then this is not a great choice
Going off of it being hard to rub in, it also will start building up on your skin and not rubbing in properly. It gets caked up on the mitt sort of and then you end up rubbing off some of the tan. You can see a picture of the formula in my picture.
3.) The mitt is useless, self tanner will seep through it and my finger ripped through it on my second time using it. I wouldn't really care about the mitt though because you can buy better ones but the formula isn't amazing to me either.

So basically, I think it's good and I use it sometimes depending on what I'm looking for. I like to use it in conjunction with other self tanners to build up my optimal tan.
Hannah D.
Overland Park, KS
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I’ve used this a while ago when I received a sample bottle from Sephora. This went on really easy and lasted on your skin longer than I expected. The smell wasn’t bad. There wasn’t any patchiness either.
Becca C.
Mooresville, NC
If you are fair skinned this is your ultimate DREAM! I am so in love with this product I can't get over it haha I am so fair and have dry skin and this miracle tanner gave me the most stunning natural tan color! It is definitely light, one coat will make you look sun kissed and 2 makes you look tan. This will not give you the jersey shore totally tanned look but I love that about it! It truly is fool proof to apply because of the oil in it and honestly fades so perfectly! My husband even has me use it on him because it looks so natural and nice! It just makes the skin look healthy and alive! If you are fair just try it, it is 100% worth every penny!!
Natalia E.
South Miami, FL
Hands down the best self tanner I have ever used. As a fair skinned woman, self tanner application can be a very obvious disaster- More than once I have applied self tanner only to find myself looking less like a beach babe and more like a streaky Oompa Loompa. But not any more, this product blends well and gives a beautiful natural bronze color to skin. Absolutely a must have for those wanting to look like they spend hours sun worshipping while keeping their skin safe!
Hannah M.
Glenside , PA
I used this self tanner for a while until I ran out. I loved it! It didn't leave streaks. It went on so easily with the glove that comes included. It's about pricy at $40 but I thought it was worth it. I liked the smell and I liked that it didn't give me an orange fake looking tan. It was natural looking. I'd recommend trying this product!
Jamie C.
Oklahoma City, OK
I reviewed this product a lot before I bought it because I really wanted a quick and natural looking tan since I am so pale. I was not disappointed! It went on super easily and was super even and natural looking. I got a lot of compliments and felt super confident! I love Tarte and recommend most of their products, this is no different.
Lauren H.
Madison, AL
I loved this stuff so much that I had to find a way to review it on influenster. Ok, first of all I am paler than pale gets... I make chalk look tan. I burn super easy! Well, I'm about to get married and I don't want to reflect the sun off my body and burn the retinas of people on the beach when I go on my cruise. Now, I've tried many instant tanners before. All of them either make you orange, too dark, smell funny or you have to stand still and not touch anything until it dries. This stuff is heaven sent! I've always loved tarte products because of their healthy ingredients and excellent quality. needless to say after doing one leg and looking at the other I could see a huge difference! Instant results without having to wait! The mitt makes it easy to apply without getting crazy colored hands and leaves you streak free! Not to mention I didn't need to use much of the product. I may have used a tablespoon for both legs. This product will last way longer than all those spray tan products. So, even though it's pricey it's actually a better value because of that. Seriously, the search is over! This stuff not only gives you a natural tan, but improves your skin too!
Brittany L.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 4
Does this make you orange??
Mckenna A.
Ivanhoe, CA
Is this a permanent self tanner or does it just stay on till you take a shower?
Ashley M.
Rowlett, TX
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
What is the price range on this? Is it worth it? Does it turn you orange ? How long does it last?
Tiffany F.
Flowery Branch, GA
Is this a good self tanner for very fair skin, or will it make me look orange?
Briana D.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Does this work well for pale skin, does it last long? Can you go swimming with it on.