BY TARTE #6 in Self-Tanner

A skincare-infused version of tarte’s best-selling self-tanner with a custom application mitt.

• Maracuja: rich in essential fatty acids and vitamin C for maximum hydration and firmer, brighter, smoother-looking skin
  • Sunflower seed oil: rich in vitamins A & E to help moisturize, regenerate and condition skin
  • Citric acid: natural AHA that helps promote surface exfoliation
  • Squalane: non-greasy emollient that smooths skin
  • Aloe: soothes and hydrates skin
  • PUREshield™: proprietary scent control technology that neutralizes traditional self-tanner smell

Fake a just-back-from-vacay bronze with this updated, skin-loving version of tarte’s best-selling Brazilliance™ self-tanner. Now infused with a powerful boost of natural exfoliators and moisturizers, you’ll get a natural-looking, deep-toned tan within just four hours PLUS+ skin that feels sexy, smooth and hydrated. The tinted bronze gel and new custom application mitt guarantee an even, streak-free tan, and the proprietary PUREshield™ scent control technology ensures you’ll only see (not smell!) your gorgeous-looking glow. PLUS+ you’ll discover a skinvigorating™ new blend of squalane, aloe and citric acid to help condition and promote surface exfoliation, prepping skin for each application so your lasting sunless tan gradually fades evenly, naturally and flawlessly over time.

Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, dihydroxyacetone, glycerin, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, cetyl alcohol, dimethicone, parfum/fragrance, passiflora edulis seed oil, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, cetyl hydroxyethylcellulose, caprylyl glycol, hydroxyethyl acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate copolymer, cetearyl alcohol, squalane, citric acid, ceteareth-20, potassium sorbate, xanthan gum, polysorbate 60, sodium metabisulfite, myristyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, octyldodecanol, amyl cinnamal, limonene, silica, linalool, tocopherol, phenoxyethanol, chlorphenesin, red 40 (CI 16035), yellow 5 (CI 19140), blue 1 (CI 42090).

Warning: This product does not contain a sunscreen and does not protect against sunburn. Repeated exposure of unprotected skin while tanning may increase the risk of skin aging, skin cancer, and other harmful effects to the skin even if you do not burn.

• How many applications does this take to get some good color? And ...1 Answers
  • Tarte Brazilliance™ PLUS+ Self Tanner how long does this tan last?1 Answers
  • Wich one is better, this or the sally hansen's airbrush sun?1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Erika R.
Erika R.
Lake Ann, MI
My skin (legs and arms) are always a little bit tan anyways, so this review is not coming from a super fair person -- I get a much deeper tan from this product than from others I've tried *win*. I have used it on my face with meh some success (there are better face tanners like Clarins) - the reason I would go with someone else for the face is that I really had a challenging time applying it evenly. No matter what, I had these dark blotches. My suggestion is to apply it to your face and body before bed, then take a quick rinse in the morning to get the stench of tanner and reveal the underlying tan (yes -- it starts to smell as it develops, you wont smell it right away but overnight you'll know its on you). I haven't gotten it on my clothes but I did apply it to my face a few hours before exercising and ended with brown sweat rings around the neck of my t-shirt. I'd recommend it definitely for the body 4 stars, for the face probably 2. Clarins makes a great tanning lotion that absorbs better and can be worn under your face products.
Lana L.
Lana L.
Whitehouse, TX
If you want a naturally sun kissed glow, buy this self tanner! I am as pale as pale can get and I put this on before I got to bed and I wake up with a beautiful, non-streaky tan. Also the mitt that it comes with is unique and at first I was sketchy about the mitt but honestly it's great. When you first apply it, it does not smell like a "fake tanner." However by the time I wake up, there is a little hint of fake tan on me but not terrible and by the time I jump in the shower, the smell goes away. The color lasted for about a week and a half on me and faded evenly.
April P.
April P.
Kissimmee , Fl
This is a gradual self tanner and it's very natural looking. It didn't give me an orange look at all. I am always very skeptical when trying a new self tanner, but it was suggested by a friend and I really like it. Is it the best I've used, no, but it is right up there with it. It's easy to put on, doesn't smell bad, and you start seeing the results fairly quickly. 2-4 hours for me. As with any self tanner put something on the palms of your hands or they will tan too. But if you're looking for a gradual natural tan this is a great product
Rachael C.
Rachael C.
Willis, TX
This is my absolute favorite self tanner out of dozens I've tried. It goes on smoothly and evenly, and is easy to see during application so you don't get the "striping" effect. It smells wonderful and does not leave a weird scent behind when it dries. I love how smoothly it dries, with no stickiness, and I rarely see any transfer onto my clothing or sheets. I have very sensitive skin and it has never irritated me at all. One bottle usually lasts me all season!
Nicole W.
Nicole W.
Sterling Heights, MI
Love love LOVE this self tanner. I live to wear self tanners I've tried them all! What I like about tarte is that 1. It is not a drastic color that you get off the first application but you build your color. 2. It smells absolutely amazing like a cinnamon tone 3. The tarte application Mitt is the best Mitt in the market so soft even after washing it several times it's still like new. I would say tarte and st tropez are by far the best self tanners out there
Marleina M.
Marleina M.
Bourbonnais, IL
At this point, I'm not sure how I could love this product more! I've been wanting to get this for a while and finally bit the bullet. The color payoff is not very dramatic, but I can definitely see a difference! For my light skin, this is a necessity! I don't look orange, it smells great, the mit rinses clean, no streaking, no color transfer onto my white sheets, looks natural, and not drying to my skin. I only wish the color was more buildable.
Francis G.
Francis G.
Miami, Florida
This stuff got great reviews elsewhere, claiming zero self-tanner smell and completely natural color, so I was hopeful. It did smell really nice going on, and the application mitt was a nice touch, but within a few hours, I got the same apricot-y color and self-tanner smell of every other self-tanner I've ever used. There's nothing particularly wrong with this product, but it's just not the miracle tanner unlike all others that it claims to be.
Andrea W.
Andrea W.
This tanner is pretty awful. The scent is baby powder - which I can't stand. There isn't that weird self tanner smell to it but the baby powder scent alone is just too much. For the price I'd expect to get a deeper tan than I did. I consider myself to be a self tanning expert because I've been doing it for so long and have tried so many. I'll definitely be returning this one.
Kasey P.
Kasey P.
Bowling Green, KY
I am a big fan of this Tarte self tanner. A lot of self tanning products leave me feeling and looking orange and gross. This product did not do that to me, this one leaves me glowing as if I got it from laying out in the sun or the tanning bed. There is no streaking and the scent is even good which is rare in products like these. I would recommend!
Michaela K.
Michaela K.
Montgomery, LA
Omgoshhh I could not recommend this self tanner enough!! I started out with a sample from Sephora and it led to me buying the full size! You guyssss it was so worth it. It doesn't leave orange streaks it has a very nice smell to it. It leaves a nice beautiful glow to your skin and also leaves it feeling super smooth! I just love this stuff. 💕
kirsten H.
kirsten H.
Midland
Im a long time loyal customer to st tropez. But this product has been on my radar for sometime. How long does it last after application? Is it a noticable darkness and how easy is it to get unwanted streaks?
Jocelyn D.
Jocelyn D.
Round rock, TX
How does this compare to going and getting a spray tan? What are the pros/cons of this product?
Savannah G.
Savannah G.
Boone, NC
How does this do? I would love to buy! Does the mit make a significant difference? Is it streaky? And is the color orange especially for someone who is not tan-like at all.
Lauren H.
Lauren H.
Cranberry Twp, PA
Do they ever run sales on this product? I love it but it's a little pricey to buy often!
Amber M.
Amber M.
Washington, WV
I've been heavily weighing my options of this purchase. How do you like the color? Is it very streaky? Looks like a more convenient way to apply tan more frequently at home than at the salon.