tarte Big Ego Root & Brow Camo Kit

tarte Big Ego Root & Brow Camo Kit

A colorist in a compact!

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of tarte Big Ego Root & Brow Camo Kit!
How would you rate this product?
Annette T.
Pleasanton, CA
tarte Big Ego Root & Brow Camo Kit uploaded by Annette T.
I had surgery last year, a few months later I had a ton of hair fall out. It’s especially bad around my hairline... I got this Tarte Brow and Root Camo a couple of weeks ago when Ulta had their sale and I just love it! My hair is level 7 dark blonde at the roots and highlighted blonde, I chose the Medium Brown color as the Blonde seemed too light for me. It’s pretty much a large pan of brow powder that you can also use as a scalp/root cover up. I noticed that people are leaving bad reviews for this on other sites because of the shimmer - when in fact the shimmer is there to give an optical illusion of thicker hair/brows. I have a brow powder from KVD that uses the same technology, once you apply it the shimmer goes away but it looks like you have more hair. I’ve been using this ever since I got it and I have yet to see any actual shimmer in my hair lol. I think Tarte could do a better job of explaining this concept. As a scalp camouflage I find it’s better than my previous favorite which was Joan Rivers Great Hair Day. IME the Tarte Root Camo stays blended better than JRGHD, which can clump on the scalp over time. Pro tip: The trick to making it look natural is to start covering at about 1/4 inch from your hairline. If you start at the hairline it will look fake. The Tarte Root Camo pigmentation does a phenomenal job of covering up my graying temples until my next hair appointment. I also love this for brows! I find it really easy to sculpt my brows with this powder compared to many other brow products I’ve tried, and the color is a very natural match for me.

Looking for your answer?