12 colors available

BY TARTE #27 in Face Primer

A multi-tasking, 12-hour primer offering lightweight coverage and skinvigorating™ skincare benefits.

• Triple-B complex: proprietary blend of natural diamond powder, plants and lipoamino acids that helps to diffuse light and minimize the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and pores while improving the appearance of skin luminosity

Say hello to self-confidence in a tube! More than just a 12-hour primer, this creamy, lightweight multi-tasker also helps hydrate, correct and protect skin while providing light-to-medium, buildable coverage for a radiant, youthful-looking complexion. The oil-free formula offers chemical-free sunscreen protection and can be worn alone for the lightweight coverage or as the perfect base to extend the look and weartime of makeup. Powered by tarte’s exclusive triple-B complex – a proprietary blend of natural diamonds, plants and lipoamino acids – the skinvigorating™ formula also helps even skin tone and diffuse the look of fine lines, wrinkles and pores while improving the appearance of skin luminosity.

Active Ingredients: titanium dioxide 4.55%, zinc oxide 3.50%

Fair Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, isododecane, mica, polysilicone-11, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, PEG-10 dimethicone, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, stearic acid, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, alumina, triethoxycaprylylsilane, dipalmitoyl hydroxyproline, diamond powder, iron oxides.

Light Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, isododecane, polysilicone-11, mica, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, PEG-10 dimethicone, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, stearic acid, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, alumina, triethoxycaprylylsilane, dipalmitoyl hydroxyproline, diamond powder, iron oxides.

Medium Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, isododecane, polysilicone-11, mica, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, PEG-10 dimethicone, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, stearic acid, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, alumina, triethoxycaprylylsilane, dipalmitoyl hydroxyproline, diamond powder, iron oxides.

Medium-Tan Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, isododecane, polysilicone-11, mica, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, PEG-10 dimethicone, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, stearic acid, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, alumina, triethoxycaprylylsilane, dipalmitoyl hydroxyproline, diamond powder, iron oxides.

• I'm on the hunt for a new BB cream and I want something that feels ...2 Answers
  • In the market for a new BB cream! What do you guys think of Tarte? 22 Answers
  • Does this actually last 12 hours and is it good coverage?8 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Marji T.
Marji T.
I have no idea why Tarte has so many foundations/bb creams and that is probably the most negative thing I can say about this company. I feel there are just soo many to choose from that I am still not sure if I picked the correct one for me. With that being said, I am going to talk about this one. I love this stuff. I don't use foundation.I feel that with all the other products I have on my face I want something that will let my sin breath. Besides dark circles I don't have a lot of blemishes or uneven skin tone so I don't need to add a lot of color to my face. That and being as fair skinned as I am even the fairest of colors produced are still a shade too dark for me. Wearing a BB cream works wonders for me. This product in particular is very soft on the skin, easily bendable, and full coverage. It lasts all day and is easily to layer.
Nelly C.
Nelly C.
Lawrenceville, GA
I uad such high hopes for this! I wanted to love this product, but I didn't. After seeing on a friend of mine with it on, I absolutely fell in love with it. Well, when I came home the next day with some of my own, I put in on and instantly regretted it... I hated the way it felt on my skin immediately on application, it had very minimal coverage, the light tone (which is always a perfect match) looked almost a deep orange color. Within the 2nd hour of wearing this product it created dry patches on my face and it literally gathered up within those patches. I have heard that it is a great product. But, It honestly did not work for me. If you have dry skin, it doesn't matter how much you moisturize, add hydrating oils etc etc... test it out for a few days and see how it works for you, hopefully you have better luck than I did.
Adeela A.
Adeela A.
Marlton, NJ
The Tarte 12-Hour BB Tinted Treatment is my holy grail primer, SPF, and foundation all in one cute little tube! I LOVE this stuff! It's the perfect amount of coverage for every day use, doesn't make my sensitive skin break out, doesn't oxidize, and wears well throughout the day. It's the lazy/busy girl's best friend! The only slight issue I have with this is the limited shade range. I use the shade "Medium" but in the summer months, I find myself in between shades. The next shade up is too dark for me so usually I'll just add extra bronzer to balance the tones out. Without a tan, "Medium" is the perfect shade for me. I really enjoy the consistency also; it's not a liquid (which always gets really messy for me = not good for rushed mornings!) and it feels as smooth as butter when applied. Ahhh I love it so much!
Brooke T.
Brooke T.
Lexington, SC
This is by far one of the best primers I have ever used. It has SPF 30, which I think is extremely important. But what I really like is that it blurs my large pores and makes my skin look so even and smooth. I wear it under cc cream or foundation and my skin does great. I'm very oily and acne prone, this keeps me matte and it has not broken me out. On days that I don't feel like wearing makeup, I wear this alone with mascara. It's not high coverage, but it perfects your skin. It's worth every penny. If you are hesitant to pay full price, purchase it half price when tarte is on hautelook. That's what I did originally because I was skeptical... and now I will pay full price and continue to repurchase. (You can tell in my photo that this bottle is well loved lol)
Joy J.
Joy J.
I remember being so confused at first, many moons ago, by the different primers and foundations and moustirizers and tinted this and matte that and BB and CC and lions and tigers and bears, oh my!

Now that I've got a handle on it (i.e. I can both define and properly apply makeup primer!) I can safely report that this is one of my faves. I prefer a tinted primer or tinted moisturizer to actual foundation as I'm super fair with a decent complexion, therefore don't need heavy coverage. This fits the bill perfectly. Glides right on, blends in easily with fingers, stays all day and provides perfect base for rest of face without getting makeup all over the place.

*Apparently primer carries with it slight risk of random/unintentional rhyming. You've been warned.
Julia A.
Julia A.
Allston, MA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I don't love the texture of this primer - it definitely has that silicone-y feel that I don't care for, but that's a personal preference on my part. What I do love about this BB primer, though, is that it does a great job at evening out the skin tone - so much so that you can really wear this on its own, and it gives more coverage than most BB creams I've tried. It blends easily, isn't drying, and feels pretty comfortable on the skin. I tried this as a sample, and I've really been liking it. I think it's best applied with the fingers, rather than a brush or beauty blender, because of that silicone-y texture. For me, I would probably not re-purchase, but that's a texture preference - the product itself is really effective.
Cicilyn L.
Cicilyn L.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I can't put into words how much I love this BB cream! First, I have to mention that it has SPF, which is great especially for people who prefer not to apply sunscreen/sunblock to their faces. The texture is the one quality that surprised me the most; it feels baby smooth, like the feeling of rubbing HD fine translucent powder on the back of your hand. I have combination skin, leaning more towards the oily side, as well as acne prone skin. This product provides me with medium coverage, and it keeps me matte throughout the summer days! I use the light shade in the winter and medium in the fall. I do believe it is unscented, but if it is, it's very mild. I can't praise this product enough (:
Katie G.
Katie G.
Washington, DC
I received a sample of this from a previous Sephora purchase and fell in love with the formula. Fantastic coverage for a BB yet still incredibly lightweight. It blends beautifully and has lasted through some serious sweat sessions. Sadly, the color selection is a bit limited (general fair/light/medium, etc). I'm not sure if it oxidized on me or if the colors just tend to run on the more yellow/orange side, but the light that I loved so much in the sample is too warm for me in the full size but the fair is much too light. I may revisit again over the summer when I'm a bit darker, but can't use it for now. Too bad, because I love the formulation.
Alleigh H.
Alleigh H.
Oklahoma City, OK
This brand is supposed to be good for sensitive skin but I did not have any luck at all with this brand. It dries my skin out and made me break out in small dry red bumps. i truly believe my sensitivity is to the clay used in this brands products. It is just too drying for my skin and i could never get it to apply in a smooth way. It would dry before I could even blend it onto my face. This product might work well on oily skins types but it was not what I was looking for and left me with makeup lines around my nose , eyes, and mouth. I do not have wrinkles but I do have tiny laugh lines which were accentuated greatly with this cream.
Darise R.
Darise R.
For years I searched for a foundation with a natural finish but my skin is so oily in some spots and so dry in other spots that I gave up and started wearing tinted primers. This is by far the best thing that I have tried. It clings to dry spots but it doesn't set immediately so it's so easy to just dab the teeny tiniest little bit of moisturizer onto the dry spot and work it in with the product and behold the dry spot is gone. I found that a tiny bit of this stuff goes a long way and it does transfer so I would recommend setting it with a powder. Highly recommend this for anyone that prefers a "no makeup" makeup look.
Carson M.
Carson M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
In the market for a new BB cream! What do you guys think of Tarte?
Nayeli P.
Nayeli P.
Santa Ana, CA
Is this a good primer for oily skin??
Vanessa S.
Vanessa S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
How much coverage does this give?
Naila K.
Naila K.
Is this a full coverage product? and does it truly last all day?
Alycia P.
Alycia P.
Inver Grove, MN
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this actually last 12 hours and is it good coverage?