BY TARTE #57 in Face Primer

A multi-tasking, 12-hour primer offering lightweight coverage and skinvigorating™ skincare benefits.

• Triple-B complex: proprietary blend of natural diamond powder, plants and lipoamino acids that helps to diffuse light and minimize the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and pores while improving the appearance of skin luminosity

Say hello to self-confidence in a tube! More than just a 12-hour primer, this creamy, lightweight multi-tasker also helps hydrate, correct and protect skin while providing light-to-medium, buildable coverage for a radiant, youthful-looking complexion. The oil-free formula offers chemical-free sunscreen protection and can be worn alone for the lightweight coverage or as the perfect base to extend the look and weartime of makeup. Powered by tarte’s exclusive triple-B complex – a proprietary blend of natural diamonds, plants and lipoamino acids – the skinvigorating™ formula also helps even skin tone and diffuse the look of fine lines, wrinkles and pores while improving the appearance of skin luminosity.

Active Ingredients: titanium dioxide 4.55%, zinc oxide 3.50%

Fair Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, isododecane, mica, polysilicone-11, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, PEG-10 dimethicone, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, stearic acid, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, alumina, triethoxycaprylylsilane, dipalmitoyl hydroxyproline, diamond powder, iron oxides.

Light Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, isododecane, polysilicone-11, mica, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, PEG-10 dimethicone, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, stearic acid, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, alumina, triethoxycaprylylsilane, dipalmitoyl hydroxyproline, diamond powder, iron oxides.

Medium Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, isododecane, polysilicone-11, mica, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, PEG-10 dimethicone, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, stearic acid, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, alumina, triethoxycaprylylsilane, dipalmitoyl hydroxyproline, diamond powder, iron oxides.

Medium-Tan Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, isododecane, polysilicone-11, mica, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, PEG-10 dimethicone, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, stearic acid, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, alumina, triethoxycaprylylsilane, dipalmitoyl hydroxyproline, diamond powder, iron oxides.

• I'm on the hunt for a new BB cream and I want something t...2 Answers
  • In the market for a new BB cream! What do you guys think ...22 Answers
  • Does this actually last 12 hours and is it good coverage?8 Answers
Buy on Sephora
  • "my favorite bb cream ever!! i have oily skin so i usually opt for something lighter in the summertime and this is my go to. i use this instead of foundation and it's amazing. it feels light but t gives really good coverage. a little goes a long as well otherwise it could appear cakey. i apply it with a beauty blender for the most natural results. " in 231 reviews
  • "purchased at ulta. this was my first complexion product ever. it really helped with my bad acne and my large pores. it's has a matte coverage so it is good for oily skin. if you're not a frequent makeup wearer a bottle can last up to a year. the problem is sometimes you need a lot to really get good coverage." in 43 reviews
Ruby Z.
Dallas, TX
As someone with ultra sensitive, finicky skin, this "primer" is nearly a holy grail item. It glides seamlessly onto the skin when applied with fingers and provides a velvety smooth finish, minimizing pores and blurring imperfections. On good skin days, I find that if I use this on its own with a bit of concealer, it evens my skin tone and makes my skin appear naturally flawless despite my large pores. Applied alone, it is virtually undetectable on the skin.

That being said, there are a few cons to this product that may be a dealbreaker for some: 1) no matter how well you rub it in, this isn't the sort of product that will ever fully sink into your skin or become one with it. Bcause the consistency is quite mousse-like and somewhat thick, it always sits on top of the skin. The advantage of this type of consistency is that it does help mask uneven texture on the surface of the skin and creates an artificially smooth canvas, but the downside is that it could be easy to rub off and doesn't seem to prolong the weartime of foundations as much as a traditional primer might. A second major disadvantage is that the packaging isn't ideal for getting maximum use out of this product (and it stains very, very easily). The cardboard/plastic tube is quite thick and there always seems to be excess product left at the end of the tube that is nearly impossible to squeeze out. As a result, I find that I go through tubes of this very quickly, making it unreasonably pricy for what it is. Lastly and most importantly, this product only comes in four shades, making it totally inaccessible for women of color with deeper skin tones. It's 2018, and Tarte certainly has the means to step up their game and expand their shade range. I find it discouraging that such a well-loved brand is out of reach for so many women of color.

In summary, I adore this product for being lightweight, providing a bit of spf and coverage, and leaving the surface of my skin seamlessly smooth and flawless. If Tarte could re-engineer the packaging and increase the number of shades for women of color, this would be a 5-star product for sure.
Leah P.
Dundee
Review for: Light more...
I've been using this BB cream/primer for over 3 years now.  It all started when I asked a lady at Sephora what foundation she was wearing, and she was using a foundation I wasn't really a fan of, but she had mentioned she was wearing this underneath.  The fact that this is a 2 in 1 product is so smart and it works so good.  It fills in my pores better than Benefit Porefessional. It has such good coverage, so using this with a medium coverage foundation, will make you look way more full. It does look a little greasy upon application, so I would just recommend setting this with a powder if you plan on using this alone.
Caitlin L.
Tulsa, OK
Review for: Fair more...
I was looking for a BB cream that was fair enough and would be good for the summer when I didn’t want to wear foundation. I had previously used Physicians Formula BB and CC cream and was opting for something along the lines of that. The color was perfect but this did not mix well with my skin type. This was so siliconey and cling to the tiniest dry parts of my face. I had tried patting it in with my fingers and even a beautyblender. It never looked good so I had to return it. The only reason I gave this two stars instead of one is because of the color. It can be difficult finding something extremely pale with neutral undertones.
Misty J.
West Jordan, UT
This product is a summer go to for me with an SPF of 30 ,I put this over my face block and feel like I have my sunscreen covered,without a heavy feel to my skin. It glides on easily and blends out perfect .It does a great job of covering my Lupus rash which is what I need. It also does a great job to brighten up my skin and smooth out my fine lines and wrinkles. Anti-Aging for me is a must.
The shade range isn't great but the product is a holy grail item for me.
Caitlin B.
Review for: Light more...
I love this!! I also have the Amazonian clay BB tinted moisturizer, but it didn't provide quite as much coverage as I would have liked. This is much better suited for me! It isn't too thin and it blends really nicely. I wouldn't say that it provides full coverage, but it is definitely buildable and does a great job of covering blemishes and uneven skin tones. It is perfect to use as a sunscreen when you don't want full makeup on but you still have some areas you'd like to hide a bit. It is definitely my go-to on vacations!
Alana S.
Review for: Fair more...
I’m new to B.B. creams but I like this one so far. It works great for oily skin and leaves your skin looking almost poreless and matte. It feels silky smooth and my face feels amazing with this on. I have to still apply moisturizer before this or else it can dry out my skin. I use this alone under powder because I don’t like foundation but I still want something to cover up old acne scars and uneven skin tone. I got this at Sephora but I wish there was a color between fair and light because one is too light but the other is too dark. And I don’t want to have to buy both just to mix them! I like that this doesn’t make my face oily and it looks very natural with light coverage. I also love that this has SPF because I wear spf daily!
Omary P.
Jersey City, NJ
Review for: Medium Tan more...
I have oily skin and lately I have wanted to start using sun screen. So I bought this matte primer, since I have oily skin I need something matte. However, I don’t really like it because after two hours my face starts getting shiny and cakey. It’s supposed to hold 12 hours matte, but my face gets shiny after 2 hours. Don’t recommend for oily skin. tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12-Hour Primer SPF 30
Maggie O.
Belle Mead, NJ
Review for: Light more...
Not my favorite primer, but I like that it is tinted and has spf. For days on the beach or when I’m outside for a prolonged period, I like to use this to provide more coverage on my face without being so oily like normal sunscreen. I definitely use this with sunscreen as well.
Kerry D.
Hands down my favorite piece of makeup EVER. It has great spf, I wear this when I go to the beach here in Fl and I've never so much as had a tinge of pink.
I love that I can wear this alone and it makes my skin look 100% FLAWLESS. I wear it to yoga. I wear it when I'm having a lazy day and wear no makeup. The fact that it's also a BB cream means that my skin is benefiting from it so I don't feel bad about wearing pretty much everyday. My favorite way to use it is by itself beacsue of how great it makes my skin look. However, I also use it as a primer and I've never had an issue with any foundation going over it. It makes my makeup look great and stay in place all day. I will likely buy this for the rest of my life! I don't think I could live without it!
Shannon S.
Youngstown, FL
I love wearing this on days i dont feel like applying makeup bc it makes my face look bright and like i have amazing skin, and it has sunblock in it so its great on swimming/beach days too! I also sometimes use under my makeup for a flawless application of foundation. I will definitely be getting more once im done with this bottle, oh and it takes the smallest amount!! Like a primer!
Carson M.
In the market for a new BB cream! What do you guys think of Tarte?
Nayeli P.
Santa Ana, CA
Is this a good primer for oily skin??
Vanessa S.
How much coverage does this give?
Naila K.
Is this a full coverage product? and does it truly last all day?
Nina S.
Toronto, ON
What's the best way to apply this product onto the face :)? When I was in Sephora, the MUA applied it with a brush and it looked fantastic. However, I've read several comments saying it's also good with the fingers... So... how do you apply it :) ?