BY TARTE #84 in Face Primer

A multi-tasking, 12-hour primer offering lightweight coverage and skinvigorating™ skincare benefits.

• Triple-B complex: proprietary blend of natural diamond powder, plants and lipoamino acids that helps to diffuse light and minimize the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and pores while improving the appearance of skin luminosity

Say hello to self-confidence in a tube! More than just a 12-hour primer, this creamy, lightweight multi-tasker also helps hydrate, correct and protect skin while providing light-to-medium, buildable coverage for a radiant, youthful-looking complexion. The oil-free formula offers chemical-free sunscreen protection and can be worn alone for the lightweight coverage or as the perfect base to extend the look and weartime of makeup. Powered by tarte’s exclusive triple-B complex – a proprietary blend of natural diamonds, plants and lipoamino acids – the skinvigorating™ formula also helps even skin tone and diffuse the look of fine lines, wrinkles and pores while improving the appearance of skin luminosity.

Active Ingredients: titanium dioxide 4.55%, zinc oxide 3.50%

Fair Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, isododecane, mica, polysilicone-11, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, PEG-10 dimethicone, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, stearic acid, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, alumina, triethoxycaprylylsilane, dipalmitoyl hydroxyproline, diamond powder, iron oxides.

Light Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, isododecane, polysilicone-11, mica, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, PEG-10 dimethicone, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, stearic acid, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, alumina, triethoxycaprylylsilane, dipalmitoyl hydroxyproline, diamond powder, iron oxides.

Medium Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, isododecane, polysilicone-11, mica, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, PEG-10 dimethicone, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, stearic acid, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, alumina, triethoxycaprylylsilane, dipalmitoyl hydroxyproline, diamond powder, iron oxides.

Medium-Tan Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, isododecane, polysilicone-11, mica, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, PEG-10 dimethicone, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, stearic acid, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, alumina, triethoxycaprylylsilane, dipalmitoyl hydroxyproline, diamond powder, iron oxides.

• I'm on the hunt for a new BB cream and I want something t...2 Answers
  • In the market for a new BB cream! What do you guys think ...22 Answers
  • Does this actually last 12 hours and is it good coverage?8 Answers
tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12-Hour Primer SPF 30
  • "my favorite bb cream ever!! i have oily skin so i usually opt for something lighter in the summertime and this is my go to. i use this instead of foundation and it's amazing. it feels light but t gives really good coverage. a little goes a long as well otherwise it could appear cakey. i apply it with a beauty blender for the most natural results. " in 231 reviews
  • "purchased at ulta. this was my first complexion product ever. it really helped with my bad acne and my large pores. it's has a matte coverage so it is good for oily skin. if you're not a frequent makeup wearer a bottle can last up to a year. the problem is sometimes you need a lot to really get good coverage." in 43 reviews
Ruby Z.
Dallas, TX
As someone with ultra sensitive, finicky skin, this "primer" is nearly a holy grail item. It glides seamlessly onto the skin when applied with fingers and provides a velvety smooth finish, minimizing pores and blurring imperfections. On good skin days, I find that if I use this on its own with a bit of concealer, it evens my skin tone and makes my skin appear naturally flawless despite my large pores. Applied alone, it is virtually undetectable on the skin.

That being said, there are a few cons to this product that may be a dealbreaker for some: 1) no matter how well you rub it in, this isn't the sort of product that will ever fully sink into your skin or become one with it. Bcause the consistency is quite mousse-like and somewhat thick, it always sits on top of the skin. The advantage of this type of consistency is that it does help mask uneven texture on the surface of the skin and creates an artificially smooth canvas, but the downside is that it could be easy to rub off and doesn't seem to prolong the weartime of foundations as much as a traditional primer might. A second major disadvantage is that the packaging isn't ideal for getting maximum use out of this product (and it stains very, very easily). The cardboard/plastic tube is quite thick and there always seems to be excess product left at the end of the tube that is nearly impossible to squeeze out. As a result, I find that I go through tubes of this very quickly, making it unreasonably pricy for what it is. Lastly and most importantly, this product only comes in four shades, making it totally inaccessible for women of color with deeper skin tones. It's 2018, and Tarte certainly has the means to step up their game and expand their shade range. I find it discouraging that such a well-loved brand is out of reach for so many women of color.

In summary, I adore this product for being lightweight, providing a bit of spf and coverage, and leaving the surface of my skin seamlessly smooth and flawless. If Tarte could re-engineer the packaging and increase the number of shades for women of color, this would be a 5-star product for sure.
Whitney S.
Review for: Light more...
Note: I am reviewing this product as a foundation replacement and not a primer replacement.

I wanted to switch to a lighter foundation routine and my friend recommended the Tarte BB Tinted Treatment. I liked that it had sunscreen in it, was lightweight, and easy to apply. What I did not like about it though was that it never felt like it sunk into my skin. To me, this is not a foundation replacement. It probably works much better under a tinted moisturizer or foundation, but I had seen many reviews of people using it as a foundation replacement. Unfortunately, it felt too much like it was sitting on top of my skin and made my pimples stand out more. I returned it and purchased the Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer which has been working much better for me.
Meghan R.
Review for: Light more...
My favorite everyday base! I have an oily T-zone, and this provides really nice matte to semi-matte coverage without looking like a mask. Feels and looks better on than most foundations in my experience. Not full coverage, but on its own it offers great light to medium coverage, and with a bit of concealer and powder, you'd never guess this was a "BB Tinted primer." Make sure to moisturize and exfoliate well before you use, because this tends to stick to and accentuate dry patches.

I wish they still sold the travel-size versions, which offered more product for the price. But I'm on my 5th tube (at least) of the full-size version and I REGRET NOTHING.
Leah P.
Dundee
Review for: Light more...
I've been using this BB cream/primer for over 3 years now.  It all started when I asked a lady at Sephora what foundation she was wearing, and she was using a foundation I wasn't really a fan of, but she had mentioned she was wearing this underneath.  The fact that this is a 2 in 1 product is so smart and it works so good.  It fills in my pores better than Benefit Porefessional. It has such good coverage, so using this with a medium coverage foundation, will make you look way more full. It does look a little greasy upon application, so I would just recommend setting this with a powder if you plan on using this alone.
Caitlin L.
Tulsa, OK
Review for: Fair more...
I was looking for a BB cream that was fair enough and would be good for the summer when I didn’t want to wear foundation. I had previously used Physicians Formula BB and CC cream and was opting for something along the lines of that. The color was perfect but this did not mix well with my skin type. This was so siliconey and cling to the tiniest dry parts of my face. I had tried patting it in with my fingers and even a beautyblender. It never looked good so I had to return it. The only reason I gave this two stars instead of one is because of the color. It can be difficult finding something extremely pale with neutral undertones.
Misty J.
West Jordan, UT
This product is a summer go to for me with an SPF of 30 ,I put this over my face block and feel like I have my sunscreen covered,without a heavy feel to my skin. It glides on easily and blends out perfect .It does a great job of covering my Lupus rash which is what I need. It also does a great job to brighten up my skin and smooth out my fine lines and wrinkles. Anti-Aging for me is a must.
The shade range isn't great but the product is a holy grail item for me.
Caitlin B.
Review for: Light more...
I love this!! I also have the Amazonian clay BB tinted moisturizer, but it didn't provide quite as much coverage as I would have liked. This is much better suited for me! It isn't too thin and it blends really nicely. I wouldn't say that it provides full coverage, but it is definitely buildable and does a great job of covering blemishes and uneven skin tones. It is perfect to use as a sunscreen when you don't want full makeup on but you still have some areas you'd like to hide a bit. It is definitely my go-to on vacations!
Alana S.
Review for: Fair more...
I’m new to B.B. creams but I like this one so far. It works great for oily skin and leaves your skin looking almost poreless and matte. It feels silky smooth and my face feels amazing with this on. I have to still apply moisturizer before this or else it can dry out my skin. I use this alone under powder because I don’t like foundation but I still want something to cover up old acne scars and uneven skin tone. I got this at Sephora but I wish there was a color between fair and light because one is too light but the other is too dark. And I don’t want to have to buy both just to mix them! I like that this doesn’t make my face oily and it looks very natural with light coverage. I also love that this has SPF because I wear spf daily!
Leisha M.
Reading, MA
Review for: Medium more...
I LOVE this Bb cream/primer. I was previously using the tinted primer from Dermalogica which is my all time fave but the price point was VERY steep. This is still a bit steep for one product (for me) but it's SO worth it. You only need a small amount as this is easily spreadable for the whole face this this product lasts me 2-3 months. It's a great primer to any concealer or foundation and love the mousse like texture. An added plus is its SPF! If you dont like to wear a lot in the summer you can totally use just this!
Sidney G.
Seattle, WA
Review for: Medium Tan more...
At first I thought this product was everything I was looking for. I wanted light coverage with a good spf to wear on casual “no makeup” days. At first this product sits on the skin really well and looks natural. It’s pretty streaky when blending though or using a brush. But about an hour or two in it would start to break up in my t zone area even if I used a primer under it and set it with powder. I tried mixing it with foundation instead and it still would break up. Would not recommend.
Carson M.
In the market for a new BB cream! What do you guys think of Tarte?
Nayeli P.
Santa Ana, CA
Is this a good primer for oily skin??
Vanessa S.
How much coverage does this give?
Naila K.
Is this a full coverage product? and does it truly last all day?
Nina S.
Toronto, ON
What's the best way to apply this product onto the face :)? When I was in Sephora, the MUA applied it with a brush and it looked fantastic. However, I've read several comments saying it's also good with the fingers... So... how do you apply it :) ?

back