BY TARTE

Too many glasses of rose? Clay will save the day! This oil-free, vegan, matte liquid foundation will breathe life back into your skin.

• Instant full coverage
  • Matte finish & oil control
  • Cake free & comfortable formula
  • Lasts without creasing or settling in lines
  • Amazonian clay helps balance your complexion

Always formulated without: Parabens • Mineral Oil • Phthalates • Triclosan • Sodium Lauryl Sulfate • Gluten

How To Use:

1. Dispense a dime size amount of foundation to the back of your hand
  2. Pick up a small amount using the buffer™ airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush (sold separately)
  3. Sweep onto skin in light, circular motions, starting at the center of the face and blending outward

POWERED BY

• Vitamin E: natural preservative that also acts as an anti-inflammatory emollient and antioxidant
  • Mineral pigments: soothe and soften skin

TARTELETTE APPROVED

• Dermatologist tested
  • Hypoallergenic
  • Tarte 12-hour power™
  • Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Sunscreen (non-chemical ingredients: titanium dioxide & zinc oxide)
  • Vegan
  • oil free

1.7 Fl. Oz. /50 mL

Active ingredients (all shades): Titanium dioxide 6%, zinc oxide 3%

All Shades Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, water/aqua/eau, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, nbsp;octyldodecyl neopentanoate, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate,butylene glycol, mica, dimethicone, silica, phenoxyethanol, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid,sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, sodium chloride, hexylene glycol, lysine, tocopherol, nylon-12, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, nylon-12 fluorescent brightener 230 salt, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, kaolin, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, sodium hyaluronate, potassium sorbate. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), zinc oxide (CI 77947), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

• Worth purchasing? I’ve been wanting to try it but I don’t...8 Answers
  • For flawless foundation I use tarte Amazonian Clay Full C...2 Answers
  • Omg what can I say about this foundation I love it...it h...2 Answers
Brianne B.
Oceanside, CA
Review for: Light Sand more...
HOLY GRAIL!!! I have combination skin with texture and my cheeks have acne and get dry and my t zone gets very oily. I can NEVER find a foundation that works and I tried a tester of this and oh my god. I had to get matched multiple times which was a bit annoying because I always got matched too dark but the last shade I got matched to matched me PERFECTLY. Like PERFECT! And the coverage is buildable just to how I like it with looking medium to full coverage without being cakey. I do get a little oily at the very end of the day but I’m in the process of looking for a good primer so that’ll get better. I also use shapetape concealer with this to highlight my face and under eyes and let me tell you it has never looked more flawless with another foundation with this one it blends in seamlessly. I just honestly can’t tell you how amazing this foundation is just give it a try!! Completely recommend!! The photo is of me in direct sunlight and I have cystic acne.. YOU CANT EVEN TELL IT JUST LOOKS FLAWLESS!
Ally H.
Review for: Light Sand more...
The tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15 was the first pricier foundation I purchased and I’m still so glad I bought it! It’s a medium to full coverage foundation that somehow provides great coverage without feeling heavy or cakey. I have found this foundation to blend out easily (I prefer to use a beauty blender over a foundation brush), and I’ve found that if I’m having a good skin day, I don’t need any concealer with this foundation, which is a huge perk in my mind! I have normal (albeit sensitive) skin and this product doesn’t irritate my skin at all. I find that it wears well without fading or creasing throughout the day. All in all, I’m a big fan. I tend to gravitate toward this foundation in the fall and winter (because in the summer I tend to prefer a BB or CC cream) and even though my skin is a bit drier in the winter, I don’t find this foundation to be drying. If you’re looking for a natural, medium-full coverage foundation, definitely give this a try!
Tytiyonna M.
Montgomery, AL
I was suprised at this foundation. It truly is matte and full coverage af. Lol a little goes a long way with this one. I am in the shade Deep Honey. I got mines on sale at ulta for about 20$ but I think its orginal sale price is about 39$. I think it is totally worth it. It is in a squeeze type bottle so you can get your moneys worth with that for sure by cutting it open at the end and scraping it out if push comes to shove ..just a scenario. The only thing I don't like about it is that it make my brushes smell like fart after a few days .. but Idk it maybe whatever I wash my brushes with but I have never had this problem before so that's why I assume it may be the foundation. Other than that I like it!
Nikita H.
Mesa, AZ
Review for: Light Sand more...
As a product that is labeled full coverage, I highly disagree with that. There is not a lot of product for $39 and I found myself layering the foundation which is a turn off for me. I like my money to last and to be well spent on lasting products. I purchased from Sephora and actually returned this item for my go to full coverage foundation. A lot of my friends swear by this product, but it did not work for me. There is a broad spectrum of colors to match skin tones, so I was matched quickly. I am very oily and it did not provide the smooth, matte finish I seek when beating my face. With foundations I always recommend to grab samples first. I did not hate this product, I simply didn't like it. I think it provides a medium to light coverage and should be labeled in such a way so it doesn't throw consumers off.
Ellie D.
Review for: Light-Medium Beige more...
I appreciate that all of Tarte's products are cruelty-free. This foundation is easy to apply, with a nice consistency and good slip. It does not cake up or go on unevenly whether I apply with a foundation brush, a beauty blender, or my fingers. The finish is semi-matte, and the color blends with my skin tone beautifully. The coverage is medium - it smooths out imperfections without concealing them entirely. My skin is combination trending oily, and I can't say that I get 12 hours out of this foundation, but that's true of any foundation for me. Finally, I like that this product contains a physical sunblock, as chemical sunscreen always gets in my eyes and burns.

If I want something natural looking, I reach for this. If I want a more glamorous, 'made up' look, I'll go for something full coverage.
Julia G.
Baltimore
Review for: Light Neutral more...
Though this product is comfortable to wear in texture, fragrance, and ease of application, I give it a 3 star because of the durability, layering ability, and coverage.

When trying the produce, I was impressed at the texture and how smoothly it went on, both with a brush and sponge. It does not have a strong odor, which is my preference.
I would classify this as a medium coverage that is buildable, so seeing it advertised as full coverage gives me pause. Throughout my day (7-8hr) wearing it, I noted it breaking down around my nose and in the divot between my chin and my lip. My skin is typically oily, especially in the t-zone, for reference.
I used a Naked concealer and La Mericer translucent setting powder, as well as Fenty's Match Stix contour. When I applied the concealer and contour over, I noticed a difficult time blending it out without losing the pigment or having it separate.
Overall, a good product, but maybe should be advertised as medium coverage and not as 12-hour. I'll be excited to try it with other Tarte products, however, to see if I have more success with the layering.

Alesha V.
Federal Way
Review for: Ivory more...
Ivory Fair with Pink Undertones was the shade that seemed to fit my skin tone at the time of purchase at Ulta. This was my first high end foundation purchase and it was so not the right kind for my skin type.

No tea. No shade. I love Tarte. I have eyeshadow pallets, liquid lips, blush, highlight, contour/concealer and bronzer, eyeliner and mascara that I absolutely enjoy. However, their foundation is way too dry for my skin. I didn’t have any help when I picked this out. I was on my own. My husband was even trying to help me shade match.

I had no idea what I was doing when I picked this out and no idea what type of skin I had. This was not my first foundation purchase. I used cover girl years ago and the shade I wore was way to dark and I went through a bottle a week along with the loose powder.

The Tarte Foundation moves around on my face and never really settled into my skin. I had patches of dry skin everywhere and places where the foundation looked streaky. It wasn’t cute.

I have 4 foundations in my collection. None are a perfect fit, but I can make them work. I hope to eventually find a foundation where I am able to get the desired look and also be comfortable.
Amieé S.
Russellville, AL
Review for: Medium Neutral more...
I am a 40 year old woman with combo skin.  I lean more towards oily, however I have some drier spots so I will just say over all combo.  This foundation has grown on me.  I purchased on a whim.  I found an awesome deal in a set so I was like why not.   It is THICK.  You must apply in thin layers to build the coverage.  I have laugh lines and to be 100 % I have not found a single foundation that has not settled into them.  I use a primer and my skin is took care of.   I have simply accepted that I will just have to live with it and I carry a beauty blender with me to smooth out all my foundations.   Anyway , if you are oily , get this .  It is not for dry skin.   It is readily available.
Alexis G.
Greenwood, IN
Review for: tarte Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation SPF 15 more...
So I’ve been using this foundation for about a year and I seriously love it. It has great coverage, it helps with my red skin but the one con that is convincing me to branch out and try other products is the way it looks on my dry skin. I have your typical combination skin with dry patches around my nostrils and then on my forehead and the rest of my skin is typically just a bit oily. Everyday I exfoliate, wash my skin, moisturize and prime and I still have issues with the way it looks on my dry skin after about 6 hours. It almost gets kind of clumpy and flaky and it can be pretty embarrassing especially when I’m needing to look really really nice. The price is good in my opinion and I really want to love this product because literally EVERYTHING else about it is amazing. If you have dry patches or dry skin like I do I would recommend maybe testing it (you can get a little amount at Sephora to test it out) and see how you like it before buying it.
Victoria H.
Review for: Medium-Tan Honey more...
I purchased Tarte's Amazonian Clay Foundation on sale as I do not think I would purchase at full price. I do have extremely oily skin and there was a claim that this foundation is a top choice for that skin type. With help mattifying and full coverage I gave this a shot and I would say that this one did not work for me, BUT it could for others. I would say that this is more of a medium coverage and does not stay on 12 hours without a couple of touchups. I did like that there was a vast range for tan/ medium skin tones, so much so that I had to get help from an Ulta employee to double check my match. Paired with a pore-blurring primer, this foundation does make my skin look smooth and flawless!
Rubi S.
Which is the best method to apply this foundation?
Kayla M.
La Verne , CA
I heard this foundation covers really well, but does it look cakey or feel heavy when applied?
Madison T.
Worth the money?
Brittany H.
Does this foundation cause many breakouts ?since it is such full coverage is it super thick?
Michelle H.
I am looking for a good foundation that can withstand the heat and still not be cakey or too much?