BY TARTE #12 in Powder Foundation

• camellia leaf extract: natural antioxidant that helps fight free radicals
  • mineral pigments: soothe and soften skin

• I've been looking for new powder foundations but I'm pron...4 Answers
  • How is this for oily skin?1 Answers
  • Would you recommend this for some one with combo skin, mo...1 Answers
Jocelyn R.
Im so upset that I ran out of this! It is so far my favorite powder foundation. This was an on the whim buy at Sephora, I needed a foundation and my sister recommended the tarte Amazonian Full Coverage Liquid foundation but i don't really like liquid foundations to much so i purchased this one. The coverage is wonderful and the finish looks flawless on my skin. I would recommend!!
Payton P.
Fort Payne, AL
Review for: Light Neutral (light w/yellow and pink undertones) more...
When I first got into makeup, I only used powder foundations. I tried this one out because I had very problematic skin, and it did a very good covering my spots up. I could see it getting cakey if you're not too careful with it. I only gave it four stars because my skin is very oily, and throughout the day, I would notice this breaking up in my t zone and making me look extra oily.
Gina P.
I love this foundation. I have a light-medium skin tone with combination skin. This foundation is great, and it feels like you're not wearing anything. It's my go-to summer foundation since it helps keep me matte when my skin would usually get oily. I bought it at Sephora, and the price honestly isn't too bad. It's pretty full coverage for a powder, and it lasts a while. I love it!
Rosa M.
Philadelphia, PA
Review for: Rich Honey (deeper w/peach undertones) more...
A great foundation for someone who doesn't have too much problematic skin and for combination skin people like myself. It controls my oils and doesn't end up looking cakey at all. I would definitely recommend this item for someone who wants a more natural look and doesn't want to fuss with a heavy full face of makeup. It's fast, easy and looks great. I wouldn't say it's 100% full coverage but you can build it up to a nice looking coverage.
Katie C.
I have oily combination skin with texture and redness. When I used this for the first few times, I loved the finish and how it made my skin look. It covered a lot of redness and problem areas. My one complaint though is that it tends to cake after awhile and will start settling in my pores. I also noticed that it started feeling heavy on the skin. I might use this again if I were quickly running to the store, but definitely not for long wear.
Mallory C.
Kingsville, OH
Review for: Fair Honey (fair w/peach undertones) more...
I think the packaging on this is a total fail. It's so obnoxiously hard to get the product out. No matter how many times I dip my brush in you only get a little bit if anything at all. It's definitely not full coverage either. It's more like light medium coverage. I think if you had blemishes or any pigmentation on your face you wouldn't like the coverage it gives you. That being said I tend to use it to set my make up since I don't like the coverage and it works but I still feel like it can look a little cakey for setting make up. I wouldn't recommend.
Sarah H.
Review for: Medium Tan Honey (medium to tan w/peach undertones) more...
I got this for myself last year around Christmas time. I usually use another popular mineral foundation, but I wanted to give it a try. The coverage is pretty good. I bought the brush along with it for better application. The brush makes all the difference! I gave it four stars because it doesn't seem to stay on as well as the other mineral foundation I've used in the past.
Samantha S.
This is a great foundation. It's fantastic for a powder because it really does look pretty flawless without being heavy. It also seems to be good for skin, as I've seen an improvement since using it. I am planning on wearing it for my wedding this weekend!! (If that's not a rave review, what is?!) I also like it more than the Tarte liquid foundation, which I also tried.
Sarah P.
magnolis
This product is wonderful, very lightweight, I bought it at sephora, and wouldn't buy any other product. Came in wonder packaging, lasts me all day while I'm at work, and I would definitely buy it again
Laura W.
Villa Rica, GA
I have used better powder foundations than this one. I got it through QVC so it came with the brush (which was an added bonus and great) but this foundation was just a disappointment. I have combination skin and get pretty oily in the T-Zone and have dry patches on my cheeks and chin. This powder seemed to accentuate those dry areas and it sank into fine lines. I would say if you have more mature skin, this is definitely not for you. Also, if you have combination skin this isn't really a good option for you.
Dawn N.
Indianapolis, IN
Does this look cakey when you use it?
Cheyanne B.