BY TARTE #4 in Powder Foundation

• camellia leaf extract: natural antioxidant that helps fight free radicals
  • mineral pigments: soothe and soften skin

• How is this for oily skin?1 Answers
  • Would you recommend this for some one with combo skin, more dry t...1 Answers
  • How is this on wo mn end over 45?1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Tatiana B.
Wesley Chapel, FL
Review for: Medium-Tan Sand (medium to tan w/yellow undertones) more...
I've been using this for years and it's my staple foundation. I have very oily skin and I prefer powder foundations because of this. Liquid foundations are to hit or miss in regards to my oily skin and their staying power, and sometimes can be so cakey looking on me. I used to use bare minerals and prefer this product slightly more. This is not a full coverage foundation by any means, however I'm generally just looking for something to even out my skin tone, and if I have more I need to cover I'll just put on some concealer. I use this daily, it's feels light, and has pretty great staying power, I'm out the house during the week over 13hrs a day, and this foundation holds it own. Occasionally by the end of the night there is some separation happening, but I can deal, because I know I'm definitely putting this foundation through a lot.
Angelina R.
California City, CA
Review for: Medium Tan Honey (medium to tan w/peach undertones) more...
It’s not to bad I don’t reach for it as often just because it kind of makes me look a little orange however it is good coverage for a powder. It can be a bit messy so beware but I would recommend for someone who maybe doesn’t want foundation but still have smooth skin look.
Mellissa P.
Staten Island, NY
Review for: Medium Beige (medium w/pink undertones) more...
I really liked this powder foundation as a foundation over cream concealer or as a setting powder over liquid foundation. It’s not Cakey looking and so smooth on the skin. My only gripe is the shade range. Most shades are pink undertone. I wish they had more yellow undertone shades.
Hanna s.
Encinitas, CA
Review for: Light Sand (light w/yellow undertones) more...
I really like the formulation of this powder foundation and it’s easy to travel with but I really hate the mesh that keeps the powder from getting out. It just seems super unsanitary. It’s a shame because it does look very pretty on the skin and offers buildable coverage.
Kimberly W.
Burnsville
Review for: Fair-Light Honey (fair-light w/peach undertones) more...
I just want to say that this product is worth 5 stars in every category except variety, where it unfortunately affects me. I would’ve thrown out my liquid foundation continued to use this product if they had a choice for very fair skin. I’m not white, but my pinkish skin is still lighter than the lightest choice, which ended up making my face look much warmer than the rest of me. I ended up giving it to my friend who loves it, and it’s bittersweet. The powder itself stays on and looks flawless. I love more coverage, and for a powder it did the job just right. Once they come out with a lighter choice, I will religiously buy it.
Raven B.
Kittanning, PA
This product was great! Though with every good there is usually a negative. I would highly debate that this is a full coverage product, but maybe with multiple applications. I like to be a one layer and done woman. This was medium coverage at most with one application.
Melissa K.
pittston
Review for: Light Beige (light w/pink undertones), Light-Medium Neutral (light to medium w/yellow and pink undertones) more...
Cannot say enough about this powder. Since I’ve tried this it is the only powder I use. The packaging is genius. Unlike many powders the sponge inside only allows as much as your brush touches making this product have less product wasted. The colors leave a flawless finish. Love love love this product!!!!
Tabbi S.
Wshngtn Ct Hs, OH
Review for: Fair-Light Honey (fair-light w/peach undertones) more...
When it says full coverage it means it. If any of my friends or family ask me what I use for foundation I normally tell them this one if they want really good Coverage . I don’t use on a daily cause it is something you wanna use if you have tome to sit and do your makeup not a quick on the go foundation
Amy K.
Incline Vlg, NV
Review for: Light-Medium Neutral (light to medium w/yellow and pink undertones) more...
I really wanted this foundation to work for me but it didn’t. It accentuated my dry patches and fine lines no matter what moisturizer or primer I put on underneath. It sat on top of my skin and looked cakey, even when I attempted to add just a light layer.
Kayla L.
Baltimore
Review for: Light Neutral (light w/yellow and pink undertones) more...
This foundation goes on flawlessly. It truly gives you an airbrush appearance. Plus it’s helping protect you against acne. It will truly last you all day, with a full coverage face. It’s pricey, but I continue and continue to buy time and time again.
Cheyanne B.
Fort Worth, TX
Does it rub off easy?
Emily G.
Dawn N.
Indianapolis, IN
Does this look cakey when you use it?
Heather M.