BY TARTE #7 in Powder Foundation

• camellia leaf extract: natural antioxidant that helps fight free radicals
  • mineral pigments: soothe and soften skin

Buy on Sephora*
Jessica M.
Bountiful, UT
Review for: Medium Beige (medium w/pink undertones) more...
Literally my favorite powder foundation. I have really sensitive skin and just about any product makes me break out, but not this one! So easy and my skin and great coverage!
MacKenzie B.
Ogden, UT
I seriously use this powder for everything, I love it so much! I use out to set my regular makeup (because I like a full mask) and by itself over a primer. Over foundation it didn't look cakey which is also very nice!
Aubry H.
Takoma Park , MD
I haven't had this product for very long, but from what I have found from using it for a short while is that I really like it. I was looking for a foundation that was a powder with good coverage because sometimes I just don't want to use a liquid foundation. It feels too heavy for me sometimes, and as a new mom I also wanted a powder because I feel like it is a little easier to wear. Like other reviewers said, the color can be a tad off so you need to really test the foundations. In fact, I think I need to return the one I have to exchange it for a different color as it came on a little more yellow/orange on my skin that seemed in store. The coverage is great (I have some rosacea), it's buildable, and it doesn't dry out my skin. I would recommend it.
Kathleen W.
murrieta
This is my favorite powder foundation. It last all day. I have acne prone skin and it does not mKe me break out. Yet it provides full coverage for my face. It has spf too!
Amy W.
I like this foundation, but it is very minimal coverage. I find it best for my skin when I have a tan or when my skin is clear and I don't want to wear much makeup.
Bahiza H.
Spring, TX
I liked it and I go for it whenever I do not want to put on a lot of makeup. This is very easy to use and I don't have to care about blending it well on my face.
Catherine O.
Hawthorne, NJ
I see myself buying this from now on. Let me start by saying this foundation is great for people with sensitive skin. I have oily and some dry areas. I used this foundation on par with the kabuki brush. It keeps my face from looking oily for about 6-8 hours. Something I had not experience with any foundation before. It says its full coverage. Using the brush in a circular motion I brush on the foundation. It does make my pores on my nose a lot less noticeable. It doesn't feel heavy at all. Great for a natural look. The packing itself it really very cute. The top of the jar has a plastic that keeps from the powder from coming out if the jar tilts. Prevents from spilling and wasting. The brush fits perfect on the netting opening to the powder area.
Mandi W.
Dayton, OH
Another review I don't really want to write but I honestly feel like most reviewers here are waaaaay too lenient. First off, the color match was fantastic, I DID like the way it looked especially since I have oily and flaky skin, this really worked well for that...What didn't work well is it is hard to get it out of the container...but the worst part is, while it doesn't smell in the container or on my brush, once it sits on my face about 30 minutes I get the overwhelming smell of copper. It's really awful. I end up smelling like metal all freaking day. Sad because I do like the way it looks. I've tried it three different days in different climate, different state...Same result..I smelled like a penny!!
Kirsten T.
I purchased this product in the shade medium-light as part of a build your own set sale that Tarte had about two weeks ago. Becuase of that sale (and my HoneyGold google chrome extension) I got SEVEN FULL SIZE PRODUCTS for $58 including shipping.

I actually really love this foundation. I have the bare minerals powder foundation and I think this one is just a bit lighter while still offering fantastic coverage. My skin is super clear so I typically don't wear any makeup other than mascara. The only time I really wear any makeup is when I go out drinking, and that's only because my skin loses color when I drink and I look sickly.

The powder doesn't have any kind of smell to it and I kind of love that its held in the pot by mesh that you tap on with a brush in order to get the powder out.

This product is awesome for light and full coverage and I 10/10 recommend.
Christine N.
I wasn't expecting to like this foundation as much as I do. I haven't used a mineral foundation in a long time. This one is very finely milled and just disappears into the skin. It doesn't look like you are wearing foundation and looks more like you just naturally have great skin. It also feels like you have nothing on your skin.

I would say one layer gives you light to medium coverage and two layers gives you medium coverage though it really depends on the density of the brush you are using. The denser and flatter the bristles, the more coverage you are going to get. Also, how you apply will make a difference (stippling, dusting, and/or buffing into the skin). Also, if you use liquid concealer, apply before this product, and if you use powder concealer, apply it after this product. With concealer, I would say you get medium to full coverage which is enough for most people.

It is very easy to apply and buffs easily and evenly onto the skin. It looks good right after and continues to looks better on your skin over time. My face also got less shiny from this than any liquid foundation + powder combo or powder foundation, possibly from the Amazonian clay in this formulation. The packaging on this product is really smart and helps make this mineral foundation less messy to apply and travel friendly.
Dawn N.
Indianapolis, IN
Does this look cakey when you use it?
Cheyanne B.