BY TARTE #7 in Powder Foundation

• camellia leaf extract: natural antioxidant that helps fight free radicals
  • mineral pigments: soothe and soften skin

Buy on Sephora*
Atia A.
Montreal QC, Canada, Quebec
I bought it last year with eight products from their website and this foundation is nothing like I had in my collection this really bad out like nothing and gives me a Watch of colour which I really adore
Kaytlyn O.
Surrey, BC
Review for: Fair-Light Neutral (fair to light w/yellow and pink undertones) more...
I love love love this . It’s a little on the pricy side but I couldn’t imagine a better foundation . I didn’t think I would like a powder foundation but this was matte and gave me the coverage I love and need
Susanne W.
Munich
Review for: Light-Medium Beige (light to medium w/pink undertones) more...
This was my first high end powder foundation and it is worth every penny. For a powder foundation it has crazy coverage and it does not leave your skin with clogged pores or a cakey feeling. I especially love it in the summer, when it is too hot for liquid foundation but I do not want to leave the house with no makeup at all. Also, the colour choice is very diverse and very self-explainatory, which I like a lot.
Jewel G.
New Plymouth
This powder is one of my top favorites. It’s probably the best full coverage powder foundation I’ve ever worked with. It truly gives an airbrushed look. It does matter which brush you use with this product though. They have a small kabuki that is meant to be used with this and it’s important. Without that brush you won’t get the coverage it’s meant to give and it blends differently.
Samantha B.
Tunworth crescent, Tunworth crescent
My favourite power foundation. My shade is Fair Honey which I can't seem to find on the Tarte site but other retailers seem to still stock it. I have combo skin and this suites me perfectly, not drying but I also don't find myself having to blot throughout the day. The coverage is medium but can definitely be built up or applied over a liquid foundation for full coverage.
Alison D.
Larkhall
Review for: Light-Medium Neutral (light to medium w/yellow and pink undertones) more...
I’ve bought this twice and do enjoy it. If you’re looking for something quick and easy, with a medium, buildable coverage, this could be for you!
The packaging is cute, and makes it so easy to use - just use a brush.
There’s a good choice of colours, and it is fairly forgiving too.
Although it has a powder formulation, it’s not drying and very “powdery”.
Kristy G.
Angus, ON
I really like this foundation. I don't find it to be full coverage, but I like it on days when I want minimal coverage or to set a foundation when I want more coverage. I already purchased a backup.
I don't find it does a fantastic job of keeping me matte, but I use other products for that purpose.
Sarah A.
Wardle, Rochdale
Review for: Fair Honey (fair w/peach undertones) more...
Benefits:*Vegan*Long wearing (Tarte says 12 hours) – This is due to the Amazonian clay, which is known to be a perfect ingredient for better and longer wear.*Brightening – Supposedly due to the natural gemstone Tourmaline which is known to energize skin for a brighter and more radiant complexion. Whether it’s down to the gemstone or not, I feel that my skin looks brighter when wearing this.*Soft skin – Unlike some powders my skin feels very soft to the touch when wearing this, and does not look at all cakey.*Buildable – The custom mesh applicator and Airbuki Bamboo Powder Foundation Brush (love this product, but what’s with all the excessively long names?) which I would totally advise getting if you’re not buying from QVCUK (where you get the brush and powder together) allow for buildable coverage, you can go light or work your way up by using more powder and buffing it into the skin.*Breathable – The powder foundation has never felt heavy on my skin, nor caused any breakouts from wearing it daily and for long periods of time, it doesn’t settle into any fine lines. On especially dry skin days or around spots that are flaky, it can appear cakey, but I believe all powder products do that?

I find that my pores are minimised, pigmentation evened out, skin appears smoother and any shininess mattified.

This was and still is the most expensive beauty product I own, but I
really, really do love this powder. It covers a multitude of
imperfection whilst still feeling and looking like you are not
wearing anything. I don’t wear liquid foundation because I cannot
stand the feeling of ‘all that’ sitting on my face, but previous
powders I have used have not had enough coverage, nor lasted long
enough. Tarte looks brilliant, and by the end of the day, I still
feel my skin looks good. As said above I imagine if you have very dry
skin, or a lot of bad breakouts, powdered foundation would not be
enough for you, and would look cakey on the skin, but if you have
normal, combo or oil skin that has average breakouts I find this
works great. I will be repurchasing when this runs out, which will
take me quite some time.
sarah S.
Oran
Review for: Fair-Light Honey (fair-light w/peach undertones) more...
I just used this today and I was surprised by how much I like it! Usually with powdered foundations I find them to be very sheer and patchy...not this one!
I used a slightly damp beauty blender to pick up the product and made sure to really press it into my skin. It wears beautifull . i recommend it highly .
youngMom_trese C.
Cebu
It is a very must have item in your bag because it really covers your face with that mattifying flawless finish look and it does not leave my face sticky and it lessens my oil production all through the day and i really love how lightweight this feels on my face all day long so i would really recommend this one to everyone out there with oily face.
Dawn N.
Indianapolis, IN
Does this look cakey when you use it?
Cheyanne B.