BY TARTE #3 in Powder Foundation

• camellia leaf extract: natural antioxidant that helps fight free radicals
  • mineral pigments: soothe and soften skin

• How is this for oily skin?1 Answers
  • Would you recommend this for some one with combo skin, more dry t...1 Answers
  • How is this on wo mn end over 45?1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Kelsey P.
This is honestly my holiest of holy grails. I have consistently used this as my sole face base for 5 years, and have yet to find a product that comes close to it. I have intermittent acne prone skin, and through the breakouts and clear periods, this has been my ride or die. I swear this powder improves my actual skin, on top of the medium to full, flawless and natural looking coverage it gives. It has not once induced a breakout on my sometimes extremely sensitive skin, and does not cake or settle into fine lines, nor to I find it to noticeably oxidize. The minerals give it an almost skin like appearance one buffed in, without being too matte or too pearlescent. The color range, as usual, could use some work. I have medium light to medium tan olive skin depending on the season, and I have to rotate between one of the darkest shades in the summer (tan sand), to the second lightest shade in the winter (fair light neutral), although my shade is nowhere near that extreme in actuality, the undertones are just overwhelmingly pink/orange, and for olive tones, nothing is more cringey. That being said, I still cannot find one single product that is even close to second best to this. The price is slightly up there, but honestly I would pay more than that for the quality of this powder foundation. I cannot stress enough how beautiful and natural looking this is, while still giving a solid full coverage with adequate buffing. This is the best. Enough said.
Janeigne N.
Review for: Light Neutral (light w/yellow and pink undertones) more...
I was super hesitant to try this because of the price, but it's definitely worth it. I've been using bare minerals for years, but have never been 100% satisfied with it. I've tried so many foundations but always ended back with bare minerals because it was the best I had found.... until this. My skin is pretty sensitive and prone to breakouts, even with bare minerals I would breakout a few times a month (nothing major, but still annoying). I have no skin issues with this; my skin loves this foundation. Do yourself a favor and if you're on the fence just buy it. It may not work for you but it's definitely worth trying.
Kimi R.
Uhrichsville
Review for: Light Beige (light w/pink undertones) more...
I change my makeup brands annually but not anymore. This foundation is one of the best finds in vegan, cruelty free, hazardous chemicals free makeup out there. Covers fully and evenly (if you use their airbrush foundation brush, the better). I had to look at a lot of online pictures before getting to choose the color for my skin tone, but found out this one (light beige) was perfect for my light medium with pink undertones skin. Even my husband fell in love with the way this foundation looks on me. So much that he even offered to get me more products from this brand to complete my looks. You can so love your foundation but when your partner does too, you know you got what you paid for. I also tried it under water and it just keeps covering without looking stripped or fading. If you wear their vegan primers with it, even better. A little goes a long way. Be sure to get a good cleanser to get it off
Bayli L.
Holden, MA
Review for: Fair Honey (fair w/peach undertones) more...
Wow. Okay.

So I NEVER USE powder foundation. Ever. I’m strictly liquid. I don’t have bad acne or anything, but I do suffer from red cheeks and sometimes nose. I thought I needed liquid to cover it the way I’d like. But I received this Tarte Powder when I order the Tarte bag for $60 that they do every so often. First time I tried it, I used it as a finishing powder on top of my liquid foundation. I loved it. It just really smoothed our everything and gave me a nice matte finish. One a day where I wasn’t wanting to go heavy on my makeup, I decided to try it on its own. I put my moisturizer in, let it dry, and then did the Tarte powder. It was awesome! It has good coverage! Not as much as liquid or cream, but still quite a bit of coverage for a powder! It covered my pink cheeks and felt so light and nice.
Heather A.
easley
I really love this powder foundation! It’s amazing ! So easy to put on in the morning !!! I believe QVC offers this foundation WITH the brush! And that taste brush goes amazing with it. The coverage is everything you’d want and staying power is also great! It looks natural and I have not had a problem with it showing any dry patches ! However , my skin isn’t super dry. So I am unsure how very dry skin would handle this powder foundation. I’d recommend liquid hydrating foundations or even tinted moisturizers for dry skin. My skin though is combination and sensitive. It’s more oily than anything and works for my skin! It’s a classic product and I will never get rid of this from my makeup collection !! 😍
Holly M.
Metairie, LA
Amazing powder foundation. Leaves my skin looking flawlessly matte and not cakey. Used up a container of this formula super quick. Will be repurchasing at Sephora during the spring sale. Coverage is amazing and never had a problem with showing any fine lines or pigmentation on the face. Blends on my oily skin like a dream and last for a while not needing much of a touch up. Would definitely recommend to anyone who’s getting into powder foundations because this is one of the best. Super pigmented powder, goes on great with my powder foundation brush and easy to travel with. Works amazing with primer. All around great product. I usually purchase at Sephora. Would highly recommend!
Bri G.
bois darc
Review for: Light-Medium Neutral (light to medium w/yellow and pink undertones) more...
GO TO POWDER I personally love this powder, it lasts me forever, I love the mesh guard in it so you dont get overloaded with powder when you open it up. It's pretty full coverage too which is good for me. On a daily basis, I like something that is quick and easy to put on. The answer is powder foundation! I love that this is light-weight, yet still offers me the coverage I want in a foundation. I wear shade Light-Med Neutral, which is perfect for my golden medium toned complexion. This stuff seriously lasts all day, and makes my skin look natural! Will continue to purchase as long as Tarte makes it!
Zenaida T.
San Diego , CA
When I first moved to NYC I didn't know where to go for makeup, so I went to Macy's. Not dragging anyone that goes to Macy's for make up the one on Fifth Avenue is immaculate. 🙌🏼 I went up to a random make up advisor and asked what powder do you recommend for combination skin and he said Tarte has a really good line. When he let me try it, I was hooked. Now that I shop at different stores I found cheaper versions of this product and it's honestly worth it. I've been buying this specific one for 3 years now.
Jen V.
Oak Ridge
Review for: Other more...
This foundation is versatile as far as coverage goes. You can build it up to a really nice natural to matte coverage. It's great for sensitive skin unless you are prone to being irritated by botanical ingredients. I really appreciate the packaging on this foundation. You press your brush against a little net and it picks up the product. This helps keep product from spilling all over the place into the lid. This is easily one of my top recommended powder foundations and it's worth a try.
Naomi V.
Canonsburg
Didn't think this would be full coverage BUT IT IS. Tarte is always amazing. I used to work at ULTA and would always sell tarte to people. I tell my boyfriend it's my dream to work for tarte because their products always deliver for me. For easy days, I'll slap on a primer or gel moisturizer and then use my tarte brush with this powder and buff it out and my skin looks flawless and never feels powdery. I get so many compliments
Cheyanne B.
Fort Worth, TX
Does it rub off easy?
Emily G.
Dawn N.
Indianapolis, IN
Does this look cakey when you use it?
Heather M.