Add a Photo

By TARTE
#17 in Face Masks

Transform skin with this powerful double detox Amazonian clay exfoliating facial mask. This revolutionary at-home treatment harnesses the restoring power of Amazonian clay to deliver healthy, refined skin texture and clarity within 5 weeks. Powered by: Amazonian clay- nature's most perfect ingredient providing total skin balance.

Use treatment at least once per week for five consecutive weeks. On clean, damp skin, use fingertips to apply a dime sized amount onto the face, avoiding the under eye area. Massage mask in circular motions to re-energize, exfoliate and detoxify skin. Leave on face for 5 minutes or until the treatment dries. Remove thoroughly with warm water, then rinse skin with cool water and pat dry.

Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, bentonite, talc, hydrogenated jojoba oil, butylene glycol, magnesium aluminum silicate, kaolin, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, polysorbate 20, menthyl lactate, hydroxyethylcellulose, Cellulose gum, trisodium EDTA, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide (CI 77891).

formulated without parabens, formulated without mineral oil, formulated without phthalates, formulated without sodium lauryl sulfates, formulated without synthetic fragrances, formulated without gluten

Photos (3)
mia b.
mia b.

I am mostly pleased with the results I achieved using this mask. I applied a layer to my face and allowed it to dry for 15 minutes. Because this is a clay mask, it tightened as it dried on my skin. For what it's worth, it took less than 15 minutes to dry, but my package didn't have any instructions printed on it so I just guessed the time based on other clay masks I've used. I covered pretty much my whole face, staying a bit away from my eyes and mouth.

After it dried, I washed it off. It was not too difficult to wash off (just rinsed with water). This did not irritate my skin at all. Although it has some natural oils in it, it did not leave my skin feeling oily. My skin felt very clean after using this, actually. And I do think it shrank my pores and made them less noticeable.

With this mask, a little goes a long way. I found the recommended dime size is just a hair too much for my face. A nice, thin and even layer is perfect. The formula is very thick, creamy white and slightly exfoliating when applied. The mask dries very quickly, so don't walk too far from your sink. It washed off very easily as well. Afterwards, my skin definitely seemed brighter and smoothr. I don't usually breakout or get blemishes, but it did seem to tighten up a small blemish on my temple. For the price, this may or may not be something I repurchase. The amount used was little, but my results after the full 5 advertised weeks will determine if I'll buy it again.
Estrella M.
Estrella M.

i dont usually trust clay masks but this one i would definitely use it again and highly recommend.  A nice, thin and even layer is perfect. The formula is very thick, creamy white and slightly exfoliating when applied. The mask dries very quickly, so don't walk too far from your sink. It washed off very easily as well. Afterwards, my skin definitely seemed brighter and smoother. I don't usually breakout or get blemishes, but it did seem to tighten up a small blemish on my temple. For the price, this may or may not be something I repurchase. The amount used was little, but my results after the full 5 advertised weeks will determine if I'll buy it again.
Ja'Meisha H.
Ja'Meisha H.

Probably the best tightening mask I've ever tried. I have sensitive skin and had no problems with this formula. It felt like a good, old fashioned mud mask, like my mom used to do on Saturday nights when I was a kid. Of course like any clay mask it's a bit messy to apply and wash off. A washcloth helps a lot to remove product. My daughters also tried this on their newly hormonal skin (preteen and a 14 year old) and it really did help my oldest with acne after a few uses. I found my skin to be softer, more firm, with less noticeable lines and a certain brightness that wasn't there before using it.
ana o.
ana o.

I switched to Tarte from a product from another company, mostly because I was looking for a less expensive alternative. Although this isn't really saving me all that much money, I'm going to stick with it. I love a clay mask - it may be all in my mind but I enjoy feeling as though it's sucking all the impurities and flakiness from my skin as it dries and tightens. And unlike the product I switched from, it doesn't stain my facecloth when I wash it off...the other product was green and it was a pain trying to get the color out of the facecloth. My skin looks and feels great
Shyane L.
Shyane L.
Simi Valley, CA

The tarte clay double detox mask is super exfoliating. I have it and I use it every once in a while because I feel like it can dry out your skin if you use to almost everyday. It will definitely make your face feel clean and smooth. I would recommend using this as your basic face wash when you use it that day because if you use another face wash and then the tarte wash, even though it says it exfoliates your face. I still think it drys it out a little bit because it is clay on your face. tarte Amazonian clay double detox exfoliating facial mask
Katie G.
Katie G.
Winder, GA

This mask seriously was a dream on my skin! I have been looking for something that makes my skin feel oil and dirt free and I felt that this mask got down deep into my pores and got out all the impurities to leave my skin feeling brand new! I like to experiment with new makeup and I was yearning for a product that I felt like completely took the foundation out of my pores rather than just on the surface! It felt amazing on the skin and the after feel is even better! I definitely recommend!
Ariel S.
Ariel S.
Oakland, MD

I've been skeptical about clay products because I've heard it dries your skin out. I love the Tarte brand so I figured it wouldn't be like most products. It was a little pricey so I'm not sure if I'd purchase again. My skin is very sensitive but the exfoliating agents in it did not bother my skin at all. Once I washed the mask off it left my skin feeling just a little dry but after I applied my moisturizer everything was okay. Again because of price I may or may not purchase again.
Rebecca R.
Rebecca R.

This mask has a great texture. I struggle with oily skin when I'm stressed out and not only does this take care of it, but it doesn't leave my skin stripped and red after use. Instead it remains soft and feels pretty hydrated afterwards! I love the gentle exfoliating properties in it, it's never too abrasive and does a great job at cleansing the skin. Its also gentle enough to use with other masks on the same day! I use it about once a week for optimum results.
Shannon R.
Shannon R.

I received this in a lovely little basket of goodies for my birthday recently, and am rather enjoying it! The smell is pleasant, nothing overbearing. And it makes me face feel absolutely wonderful and silky smooth after rinsing my face. My only complaint is a personal one, as someone with sensitive skin I have found that even once a week can be a bit too much and begin to dry my out. Most certainly plan to purchase for myself when needed and would recommend.
Maureen N.
Maureen N.
Baltimore, MD

How is it with dry skin? Does it dry it out too much?
Giselle E.
Giselle E.

How does this work ? Is it really good for dark spots ?
Katie F.
Katie F.
Lancaster, PA

Is this product easy to use or does it come with many steps? I've been looking for a exfoliating mask that would be good for my sensitive skin and will actually work.
Morgan T.
Morgan T.

Sooo expensive! What color is it?
Isabelle M.
Isabelle M.

I've seen the tarte girls use this on their snapchat and always saying how great it is (of course they're going to they work for Tarte) lol but has anyone who's used it had it do anything for their skin?

Join Now