BY TARTE #8 in Tinted Moisturizers

Buy now on Sephora
and get 4.0% CASH BACK with
powered by

An oil-free, vegan tinted moisturizer that offers light-to-medium coverage while blurring imperfections.

• Amazonian clay: nature’s most perfect ingredient providing total skin balance for better, longer, truer wear
  • vitamin E: natural preservative that also acts as an anti-inflammatory emollient and protects against free radical damage
  • vitamin A: powerful antioxidant that prevents signs of aging while helping promote collagen production and moisture retention in the skin
  • chamomile extract: rich in essential oils, this natural plant extract is antiallergenic and anti-inflammatory, and has been known to treat and heal dry or damaged skin
  • mineral pigments: colors and dyes derived from natural minerals have been known to soothe and soften skin

Diffuses the look of fine lines & wrinkles while protecting skin from harmful UVA/UVB rays & providing buildable, light-to-medium coverage. The Amazonian clay-powered formula features skin-comforting chamomile & antioxidant vitamins A, C, & E to nourish your complexion.

Buy on Sephora*
  • "it has little coverage so if your into full coverage foundations and bb creams you will probably not be into this. i love how natural this looks on the skin as it has a subtle glow and looks like your own skin.would work best for those who have dry to normal skin. it might be a bit too much for those with oily skin." in 116 reviews
  • "this is the 2nd bb cream i've owned and i truly love this one. it's a light to medium coverage. not too overly cakey but still covers things like freckles and redness. i use a beauty blender to blend it out. it can be kinda wet but i set it down with powder and it stays for hours. i pair it with the fit me concealer or shape tape and my skin looks great. i use this the most in the summer because it's light, not too heavy feeling on my skin. you don't need a lot, a little does go a long way. the tube has lasted me about 8-9 months." in 44 reviews
  • "It evens out my skin tone while also keeping my skin from looking cake face. " in 2 reviews
  • "This is more of a full coverage foundation consistency." in 2 reviews
  • "I've recently gotten into using safe/natural products as well as going more for a natural look both for the health of my face and the look." in 1 review
Meghan W.
Cape Coral, FL
Review for: Fair more...
Exactly what I was looking for. Backstory- I used to wear full coverage ALL the time. It was all or nothing. Lately I've been going all natural but I've been wanting to have just a little something for some coverage for special events. I have combo skin that's sometimes pretty dry and often kinda oily in some areas. I also have some pretty bad acne scarring, uneven skin tone in general with redness around my nose and cheeks.

I finally got to really test this product to the limit today. I applied it with a smaller synthetic buffing brush. I usually use a sponge but since this is already on the sheer side of coverage I went with the brush. It blends like a DREAM. I used 2 large dots and 2 small dots, not a lot of product is necessary. It blended like a DREAM. I used it over top of the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea hydrating mist after it dried a little, no other primer.

Only complaint is I got the wrong shade, my error. It gave me a nice sheer coverage that looked like a "second skin". It wasn't flawless, you could still see some of my darker scars, so I spot concealed those. I had a beautiful natural looking glow that I've always hoped for but couldn't achieve with cakey, heavy foundation. I didn't even set anything because I wanted to see how it wore. Used the Tarte Aquacealer under my eyes and to spot conceal.

I wore this foundation for 8 hours, and it still looked good, even in 90 degree heat, sweating, playing with my toddler. It rubbed off a little but it wore off really nicely and didn't look patchy, streaky or anything. No creasing, crackling or settling. I had to touch up around my oiliest area -- my nose... but it didn't look bad it just started to feel greasy. I will set around that area and under my eyes with powder in the future but honestly if you're on the drier side you might not even need to!

Amazing product, far exceeded my expectations. And I'm SO glad it's a vegan, cruelty free product!
Ann C.
Spokane, WA
Review for: Light-Medium more...
I actually surprisingly like this product. I am not allowed to wear makeup at my job since I work in a sterile environment but I still wanted something that could blur my imperfections without needing to wear foundation. This bleeds into your skin so nicely and it really doesn’t look like you’re wearing anything! I have pretty oily skin so I think this moisturizer works well for me. It feels super light on the skin too so it doesn’t feel like it’s clogging up any pores or anything. And it seems to last at least 6 hours for me.
The only reason I give this 4 stars is because I wish there was more coverage. I can only get sheer coverage with this, which works fine when I’m having a good skin day and all I need is to even out my skin tone. If you have any sort of blemishes this will not cover it!
Yuli S.
New York
Review for: Light-Medium more...
I’ve only recently gotten into makeup because my skin is so sensitive but I am so glad that my friend introduced me to this product!! It’s super easy to use and very layerable so even a beginner like me is able to blend easily without getting weird patches and spots. I have combination and sensitive skin and it doesn’t make my skin oil or dry it out which is wonderful. I love that it’s very natural looking and that you can still see my freckles when I put on a thin layer just to even out my skin tone. It doesn’t make me break out either which is truly a miracle. I was actually trying out a glossier product and it just wasn’t working for me so I’m really glad I was introduced to this. This product is making me want to get into makeup!
Chary J.
Gilbert
I always try not to run out of this tinted moisturizer.  Again, it's a tinted moisturizer, so don't expect full coverage with this.  I recently changed up my skincare routine, and I've noticed that now that my skin is smoother, I don't have to use so much of this product to get a good light coverage.  Additionally, it already has SPF in it, so I don't have to layer a bunch of products on my face (yay!).  I do put a mineral powder on top of this product, but it's extremely light-weight and add some blur to my imperfections.  This is especially perfect for my summers in Arizona, when the heat is just beaming on you.  It doesn't feel like your entire face is melting!
Mary Katherine P.
State Univ, AR
Review for: Light-Medium more...
I love this stuff! It is so light and creamy.. just feels like you're moisturizing your face! However, you get some base and coverage to look more put together. I use it on days when I know I'll see a lot of people, but don't want to wear thick makeup! It feels so good and smooth on my skin.. never cakey or clogs my pores. I love the way it looks and it is seriously the best! I choose this this over regular foundation anyday. You have to try it! Plus only a little bit goes a long way. It looks good all day... even through heat and sweat! You have to try it. It has a beautiful natural look that other foundations can't give you.
Alex G.
Review for: Light (light w/yellow undertones) more...
I think this a nice tinted moisturizer. It covers well for a tinted moisturizer but still looks like skin. I love how it has SPF cause that’s super important. I usually blend this in with my fingers and that works well and sometimes I use a brush and that blends in the product nicely as well so whatever you like to do will work! I’d say a con is that although it looks like skin in your face, I definitely do feel the product on me which I don’t always love and why I don’t always wear foundation. I would buy this again though and would recommend to something looking for something light coverage.
Caitlin B.
Review for: Medium (medium w/pink undertones) more...
This provides a great sheer layer and definitely leaves your skin feeling moisturized. I wish it provided a bit more coverage than it does, as it isn't quite enough for me to feel like I can leave the house without adding foundation. I got this in Medium because it says it is for light skin with pink undertones. But as some of the other reviews mentioned, it can start to look a bit too yellow after layering, so I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a great sunscreen with a tiny bit of tint to it... But not necessarily and as a broad coverage foundation.
Roseanna O.
Review for: Medium (medium w/pink undertones) more...
I checked out reviews for tinted moisturizers right here on Influenster. I chose 3 and headed to Sephora. I also asked the staff to recommend a few.
I settled on Tarte, which was one of the recommended by Influenster.
I find the Tarte one covers v well and really needing only a small amount, not even dime sized. It covers evenly and is not greasy. It gives nice coverage with even a little bit of glow.
Good value: moisturizer, tint, sunscreen. Perfect for summer.
Natalee O.
Temecula
Review for: Light-Medium (light to medium w/pink and yellow undertones) more...
This is my GO-TO face product for the summer time. It’s light coverage but adds some color to my face. It’s a Tinted Moisturizer so my face is moisturized and it doesn’t make my face oily. It’s not really buildable. A great pro is that it has SPF, including since it’s my summer product. It doesn’t feel like it melts off my face either. I apply it with the original beautyblender® pro or my hands.
Sage H.
Brookline, MA
Review for: Ivory (fair w/pink and yellow undertones) more...
This is another favorite of mine for an everyday flawless complexion for running errands, going to classes, traveling, & just an everyday look. The SPF isn't amazing, but for a B.B. cream & the pigment payoff this is perfect for anyone! I have been using this instead of foundation lately & I've been getting so many compliments. Blends easily, applies flawlessly, & leaves my skin feeling dewy yet covering any imperfections.
Melissa P.
I have oily skin and I'm afraid this will be too thick for summer I've heard it's high coverage. Does this look natural on the skin?
Tiffany R.
Is this worth the money? I have never used a BB cream before and I am trying to find a good one. My skin is so fair. I have uneven skin tone in certain places. My skin is also extremely dry.
Emily G.
Alpena, MI
Is this a good bb cream for acne prone skin?
Vicky L.
how much coverage does this have
Janelle R.
How would you compare this to the tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12-Hour Primer?

back