BY TARTE #1 in Tinted Moisturizers

An oil-free, vegan tinted moisturizer that offers light-to-medium coverage while blurring imperfections.

• Amazonian clay: nature’s most perfect ingredient providing total skin balance for better, longer, truer wear
  • vitamin E: natural preservative that also acts as an anti-inflammatory emollient and protects against free radical damage
  • vitamin A: powerful antioxidant that prevents signs of aging while helping promote collagen production and moisture retention in the skin
  • chamomile extract: rich in essential oils, this natural plant extract is antiallergenic and anti-inflammatory, and has been known to treat and heal dry or damaged skin
  • mineral pigments: colors and dyes derived from natural minerals have been known to soothe and soften skin

Diffuses the look of fine lines & wrinkles while protecting skin from harmful UVA/UVB rays & providing buildable, light-to-medium coverage. The Amazonian clay-powered formula features skin-comforting chamomile & antioxidant vitamins A, C, & E to nourish your complexion.

Buy on Sephora*
  • "This is more of a full coverage foundation consistency." in 2 reviews
  • "It evens out my skin tone while also keeping my skin from looking cake face. " in 2 reviews
  • "It's lightweight, keeps my skin perfectly moisturized with my oily skin and provides the best coverage of any BB cream I've tried." in 2 reviews
  • "It is my go-to every day BB cream." in 1 review
  • "I've recently gotten into using safe/natural products as well as going more for a natural look both for the health of my face and the look." in 1 review
Samantha B.
Manchester, NH
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this cream for what it is. It's super light coverage (really more like a tinted moisturizer) and it has a little bit of sparkle. It's really great for the summertime, and I felt that it adjusted well to my skin tone (I used light). A little goes a long way, and it feels so good on. It's lightweight and feels like it's not even on my face. It also does a good job of blurring pores. It stays matte really well, doesn't transfer at all, and leaves my face feeling smooth and soft.

This is super light coverage and really good for someone who needs just that. It has SPF and I think it would be perfect for a day at the beach or a hot amusement park. However, it doesn't cover my redness adequately or even out my skin tone as effectively as I would like. I think for my needs, I would go for a medium coverage version instead, but this is really great for what it is.
მარიამ ხ.
Dover, DE
Although I don't necessarily appreciate the hype that goes with this brand, I do really like their products. I have some of their eye shadows and palettes too. ....This is the only foundation I wear on a daily basis. It is very light feeling, but it does a good job of evening out my skin tone and doing a little something for my under-eye area. It's very hydrating, but doesn't ever make me break out. There aren't a huge selection of colors, which might be a problem for some, but the color I have, Light, blends very well even on my olive toned skin, so I think it wouldn't be too hard to find a shade that worked......It does sometimes rub off if you put it on heavy to cover a blemish or something, but if you wear it more sheer it doesn't much.......I wear blush and a powder over the top to finish.
Misty D.
Portage, MI
Review for: Light (light w/yellow undertones)
This is a light coverage amazing tinted moisturizer! This is a go too for the summer months or for anyone who likes light coverage that allows their natural skin to show through. For me it is my freckles! It can be applied with a sponge/beauty blender, brush, or even hands! It is that versatile. This is oil free, so works great for people like me who are prone to oily T-Zone. It is also buildable, so if more coverage is what you are after, this can do it for you. There are several colors to select from. I have three, and mix them when my skin changes through out the year! This tinted moisturizer has SPF which is wonderful, and really does help when out in the sun. I have tried so many different foundations and in the end, I always come back to this. It is one of my favorite foundations!
Tawnie H.
Lenoir, NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've not had much luck with BB creams due to my uneven skin tone -- I have moderate redness across my cheeks and around my nose, under eye bags, and just a "blah" skin texture in general. I have always longed to be one of *those* girls who can just put on a little BB cream, a coat of mascara and be out the door....unfortunately, we aren't all that blessed!

Tarte's Amazonian Clay BB Moisturizer is probably my favorite BB cream product thus far -- it does seem to provide a little more coverage than others...but still not a miracle worker. It has a great texture and it feels like it's moisturizing and keeping my skin refreshed...but I need a lot more coverage unfortunately. I've come to terms that I will just never be a BB cream girl!
Kaitlyn S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Light (light w/yellow undertones)
Yes Tarte, YES! This is perfect fair skinned people like me! Tarte usually has a yellow cast to their foundations but this doesn't have it as much. This formula has more of a pink/yellow tone mix which fares much better on my face! And is completely up to the lighting as to whether the yellow is showing up as shown in the photos below. I look more yellow in the face compared to my neck in one photo but then in the next photo is blends pretty seamlessly. I wear this depending on what the lighting situation is going to be. But it is extremely hydrating and feels so wonderful on the face! It's so light it feels like nothing! I just wish Tarte would make pink-pale colors.
Diana R.
Sylmar, CA
I break out really easily when I put products in my face, so I have to be very careful with the makeup I buy. Ive been using this BB cream for 4 years already! its that amazing, It does not cause me to break out, and it evens out my skin, and they have my perfect skin tones for winter and summer. It also leaves my skin a little dewy, but that is something that I like. If you don't like dewy skin then maybe this is not for you. It is also not a full coverage product (its a BB cream), but its perfect for everyday wear since I don't like to use heavy products on my face. Also, my face is from normal to dry.
NikieLynn M.
Just recently purchased this from Ulta. Read great reviews on it and was thinking it would be a more full coverage than what it actually is. (It's advertised as light coverage but reviews said it was more of a full) Even with my misinformation as to the coverage I still love this product. I use it over my regular moisturizer and sometimes even under foundation. I apply light highlight and contour over it sometimes as well and it blends well and stays in place great. Finish with a setting spray and its #perfection Would totally buy again and recommend to a friend.
Jen T.
Seattle, WA
Beauty Junkie Expert
It's really important to note that this product is a BB TINTED MOISTURIZER and not a BB CREAM.

The difference is the thickness of the formula, which equates to coverage. I recommend this for very light makeup days or for people with great even skin tones.

You'll get a true tinted moisturizer with sunscreen.

If you're looking for more coverage but not FULL coverage, go for a true BB CREAM instead.

This product does what it intends to do. Blends easily. Goes on perfectly over moisturizer and holds powder well.
Kelsey I.
Nazareth, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
On good skin days, I absolutely love this. On bad skin days, I hate it. I know not to expect much coverage out of a BB cream, but it doesn't even cover up red if I have it. Good skin days though, I love it. It evens out skin a little bit.

If you have very splotchy skin, I wouldn't recommend this, but if you have pretty good skin complexion and don't have to deal with acne often, I'd recommend it. I have yet to find a good concealer for bad skin days to put in under it.
Arissa G.
Bothell, WA
I can't even express how much I LOVE this product. I have tried probably a dozen BB creams. And none of them were what I wanted, or anything I would purchase again. Tarte hit the bulls-eye with this. The smell is almost non existent, which is great for something that will be all over your face. The coverage is amazing, and makes you look dewy and glowy. And the finish is AH-MAZING. It starts a a creme, but has a wonderful velvety powder finish feel that I adore.
Samantha M.
Pittsburgh, PA
I've been looking at BB creams and I just really want to know is they're worth the price. This one has the best reviews I've seen. Is it worth it?
alyssa f.
Does this work good?have good coverage?good for people with freckles? oily?
How much does the tarte Amazonian clay moisturizer cost?
Vanessa S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this work well in a humid climate?
Maecy C.
I am wanting a good tinted moisturizer with spf in it for the summer. All the ones I have tried are oily or not enough tint because you can't tell you put any color on my face at all, it is still red afterward. Is this one by tart oily? And is it a good amount of tint or not enough?