BY TARTE #16 in Liquid Foundation

An oil-free, 12-hour liquid foundation formulated with Amazonian clay.

• vitamin A: antioxidant that retains moisture and helps protect against free radical damage
  • vitamin E: natural preservative that also acts as an anti-inflammatory emollient and antioxidant
  • mineral pigments: soothe and soften skin

Achieve flawless skin that looks healthy and natural with this supremely blendable liquid foundation that delivers up to 12 hours of satin-matte coverage. Infused with skin-balancing Amazonian clay, the skinvigorating™ formula intuitively addresses your unique skin concerns, helping to improve overall skin clarity and texture, while the full coverage makeup fades over the appearance of large pores, discolorations and other imperfections. Vegan friendly and oil-free, it’s now available in our largest shade range ever to match women’s unique skin tones and undertones.

• Worth purchasing? I’ve been wanting to try it but I don’t know ho...4 Answers
  • For flawless foundation I use tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full C...2 Answers
  • Omg what can I say about this foundation I love it...it has full ...2 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Abbie P.
Palmview, TX
This is by far the best foundation I have ever used! Let me explain why... First, this foundation is light enough that it never cakes up on you, it sits lightly on top of your skin. You can layer this foundation as needed throughout the day and it will never look like you are wearing 1000 layers of makeup. Second, despite being light and silky in texture it conceals blemishes and evens out your face no matter what you colors your skin decides to express. I have redness on my cheeks and when I have many days of not having many hours of sleep I get darkness under my eyes, not a fan of concealer, haven't found one I like, so I used this foundation to cover up those dark circles and it worked perfectly. I am one of those people who wears some foundation to the gym, I sweat a lot and my workouts are about 1.5 hours, with that being said after my workout my make up was still intact. I used to use MAC and I wrote a review on it, I decided to try a softer foundation that had more natural ingredients while still giving me the superb coverage MAC did. I was disappointed until I started using Tarte foundation. Truly a beautiful makeup line! The ingredients are gentle on your skin and you sometimes forget you're even wearing foundation since it sits so nicely on your skin!
Brianne B.
Oceanside, CA
Review for: Light Sand more...
HOLY GRAIL!!! I have combination skin with texture and my cheeks have acne and get dry and my t zone gets very oily. I can NEVER find a foundation that works and I tried a tester of this and oh my god. I had to get matched multiple times which was a bit annoying because I always got matched too dark but the last shade I got matched to matched me PERFECTLY. Like PERFECT! And the coverage is buildable just to how I like it with looking medium to full coverage without being cakey. I do get a little oily at the very end of the day but I’m in the process of looking for a good primer so that’ll get better. I also use shapetape concealer with this to highlight my face and under eyes and let me tell you it has never looked more flawless with another foundation with this one it blends in seamlessly. I just honestly can’t tell you how amazing this foundation is just give it a try!! Completely recommend!! The photo is of me in direct sunlight and I have cystic acne.. YOU CANT EVEN TELL IT JUST LOOKS FLAWLESS!
Melissa G.
Maurice, LA
Review for: Fair Beige more...
This was recommended to me by an employee of ULTA. I told her I have oily skin and am tired of foundation separating it just disappearing on my skin. This, she assured me, would not. I usually don't spend this much on makeup but thought, "hey, if it works, it will be worth it!" I was so excited to try it the next morning. I used my oil controlling moisturizing gel, my primer, this foundation and a setting powder. It disappeared from my nose in an hour and separated in the forehead in 2 hours. The next day, I used my moisturizer and primer with this, I had the same result. I tried just primer, then just moisturizer, then just setting powder after and had the same result with all. I was so disappointed because I've had better results with foundation from brands that were literally a third of the price of this one. I was so frustrated that I threw it away after a week. I love Tarte but will not be buying this again. Next time I buy an expensive foundation, I will definitely get a sample before my purchase.
Leana L.
Parsippany, NJ
Review for: Light-Medium Sand more...
This is my FAVORITE foundation! If I want to have a flawless look that will last me all day or night, this is what I use. It is a thick cream foundation that has buildable coverage. On my minimal makeup days I use it like a concealer. Otherwise I use more when I do a full face but the tube still lasts me a long time. I use a moisturizer and a mattifying primer before applying the foundation which helps the foundation last and appear smooth. However, I do have visible pores in my nose area and the foundation does eventually separate or sink into my pores or dry areas BUT I have had much worse with other foundations (high end and drug store). It isn’t so noticeable that I wouldn’t use this foundation. I purchase mine from Sephora for $39. I have gotten compliments on how long this foundation lasts after a night out.
Nikita H.
Mesa, AZ
Review for: Light Sand more...
As a product that is labeled full coverage, I highly disagree with that. There is not a lot of product for $39 and I found myself layering the foundation which is a turn off for me. I like my money to last and to be well spent on lasting products. I purchased from Sephora and actually returned this item for my go to full coverage foundation. A lot of my friends swear by this product, but it did not work for me. There is a broad spectrum of colors to match skin tones, so I was matched quickly. I am very oily and it did not provide the smooth, matte finish I seek when beating my face. With foundations I always recommend to grab samples first. I did not hate this product, I simply didn't like it. I think it provides a medium to light coverage and should be labeled in such a way so it doesn't throw consumers off.
Ellie D.
Review for: Light-Medium Beige more...
I appreciate that all of Tarte's products are cruelty-free. This foundation is easy to apply, with a nice consistency and good slip. It does not cake up or go on unevenly whether I apply with a foundation brush, a beauty blender, or my fingers. The finish is semi-matte, and the color blends with my skin tone beautifully. The coverage is medium - it smooths out imperfections without concealing them entirely. My skin is combination trending oily, and I can't say that I get 12 hours out of this foundation, but that's true of any foundation for me. Finally, I like that this product contains a physical sunblock, as chemical sunscreen always gets in my eyes and burns.

If I want something natural looking, I reach for this. If I want a more glamorous, 'made up' look, I'll go for something full coverage.
Janeigne N.
Review for: Fair Sand more...
This is a good full coverage foundation. It is thicker in texture, but has a creaminess to it. It does not cover my acne and scars with the first layer, but with another layer it does lessen the appearance. Still need concealer to completely cover the blemishes though. It does last long, but I combine it with the tarte 12 hour poreless primer, and blot excesss oil off when I get a chance (which is usually once a day) so not sure how it does on its own. I can wear it for a good 8-10 hours and then notice it "pooling" around my nose and other areas that it tries to migrate to. I do have very oily skin though so this is very good in length of time that it starts to move. Has good shades that are able to blend really well with my skin tone. So far this has been my favorite foundation to date.
monica n.
Review for: Light Sand, Light-Medium Sand more...
I go between Light Sand and Light-Medium Sand depending on the time of year. I first purchased this foundation two years ago before going on Accutane for my severe acne. I purchased this because after doing research I found that this product was good for dry skin, which I was about to have. After coming off of Accutane last April I have not used another foundation. This foundation does not look cakey and has buildable coverage. I purchased the brush that was recommended for this foundation and it goes on flawlessly. I do not notice my makeup settling throughout the day and when I go to wash my makeup off at night, it looks almost like I just applied it. I recommend this foundation to anyone... if I could give this product more than 5 stars I would.
Amieé S.
Russellville, AL
Review for: Medium Neutral more...
I am a 40 year old woman with combo skin.  I lean more towards oily, however I have some drier spots so I will just say over all combo.  This foundation has grown on me.  I purchased on a whim.  I found an awesome deal in a set so I was like why not.   It is THICK.  You must apply in thin layers to build the coverage.  I have laugh lines and to be 100 % I have not found a single foundation that has not settled into them.  I use a primer and my skin is took care of.   I have simply accepted that I will just have to live with it and I carry a beauty blender with me to smooth out all my foundations.   Anyway , if you are oily , get this .  It is not for dry skin.   It is readily available.
Alexis G.
Greenwood, IN
Review for: tarte Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation SPF 15 more...
So I’ve been using this foundation for about a year and I seriously love it. It has great coverage, it helps with my red skin but the one con that is convincing me to branch out and try other products is the way it looks on my dry skin. I have your typical combination skin with dry patches around my nostrils and then on my forehead and the rest of my skin is typically just a bit oily. Everyday I exfoliate, wash my skin, moisturize and prime and I still have issues with the way it looks on my dry skin after about 6 hours. It almost gets kind of clumpy and flaky and it can be pretty embarrassing especially when I’m needing to look really really nice. The price is good in my opinion and I really want to love this product because literally EVERYTHING else about it is amazing. If you have dry patches or dry skin like I do I would recommend maybe testing it (you can get a little amount at Sephora to test it out) and see how you like it before buying it.
Rubi S.
Which is the best method to apply this foundation?
Kayla M.
La Verne , CA
I heard this foundation covers really well, but does it look cakey or feel heavy when applied?
Madison T.
Worth the money?
Brittany H.
Does this foundation cause many breakouts ?since it is such full coverage is it super thick?
Michelle H.
I am looking for a good foundation that can withstand the heat and still not be cakey or too much?