BY TARTE #1 in Blush

An award-winning powder blush with longwearing Amazonian clay, so pigment looks freshly applied all day.

• mineral pigments: soothe & soften skin
  • vitamin E: natural preservative that also acts as an emollient & antioxidant

Super soft, silky powder chock full of true-color mineral pigments lets you layer on your glow with no harsh lines or chalky build-up. Its micronized Amazonian clay helps control oil & infuse moisture for balanced skin & seamless blending. The magnetized pan lets you pop your favorite shade from its compact to create a custom palette.

• Who else received this as a birthday gift from sephora ?31 Answers
  • I've been thinking about getting this but is it worth the money?12 Answers
  • What is your favorite blush color? 60 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "A little goes a long way so lasts a long time." in 2 reviews
  • " I find a small amount goes a long way and it lasts all day." in 1 review
  • "You are guaranteed to find your perfect shades and find something long lasting and beautifully pigmented." in 1 review
Steffany C.
Charlotte, NC
Review for: Peaceful
I was first introduced to this product a couple years ago when it was recommended to me by a SA in my local Sephora store. The shade she suggested at the time was Charisma. I have since acquired all of the shades and they are the crown jewels of my makeup collection. I'm a bit hesitant to give all five stars, because some of the lighter colors come off a bit ashy with my skin tone. Off the top of my head, Flush is a definite culprit. But at the same time, Captivating, another light shade, is one of my favorites. But it could also be said that I didn't need to go out and buy all of the colors, and it can only be expected that not all of them are going to suit me. Besides, a light hand solves the worst of the problem. Also, these blushes are packed in very tightly, I may even venture as far as to say that the formula is hard and unyielding, so it takes a bit of work if I want to pick up a lot of color on the brush. Luckily, they are all so pigmented that a couple gentle swipes are all that I need to add natural color into my cheeks. Finally, these blushes are prone to forming a film on the surface if the blush brush being used isn't perfectly clean. Once the film forms it really is impossible to pick up any product. I ended up taking a q-tip to gently skim off the layer on top. An easy fix, but it was still a bit of a bummer. And now I present the pros that, in my mind, reduce to cons to minor nuisances. The color is long lasting and lives up the 12-hour claim. I know because I’ve fallen asleep in my makeup and still saw traces of the blush the next morning. It is also easy to work with, so even when I’ve gone a bit ham and end up looking extra rosy, I can blend and sheer away the product. The matte colors make it look like I’m really blushing, and the shimmer shades add a bit of glow. I generally cringe at any shimmer, but these blushes I can handle. The color coordinated packaging is aesthetically pleasing and practical as well. Not only do they look really cool lined up in my organizer, but it is also easy to pick the color that suits my mood. So to round up this novel, I’ll throw out there that my favorites are, Captivating, Tipsy, and Achiote
Tiffanie K.
Valdosta, GA
Review for: Paaarty, Dollface
I gave this product 3 stars because I get the feeling that the quality is inconsistent depending on the shade you purchase. I loved one shade and hated the other, so I'm nervous about purchasing more shades.

I bought Dollface when Ulta had it on sale for one of their 21 days of beauty sale. It was pressed too hard, and it wasn't buildable. I just simply couldn't pick up enough product on my brush or fingers. I returned it within a week of purchasing it.

I have a travel size of Paaarty per the 2018 birthday gift at Sephora. I love this shade, it's a dusty cool-leaning nude mauve. It's soft and it swatches pigmented, but it's buildable so you really can't mess it up even if you use a heavy hand during application.

I do recommend this formula with the caveat that you swatch it in store before buying.
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
Review for: Captivating
I was never that interested in this blush. Now I have spent 10 thousand dollars at sephora alone in 18 months. I wear blush. I go full glam daily and I don't like to look fake or like I'm wearing a mask but I have to wear foundation to cover my acne so I add natural coloring back to where it was prior to making my face one color with the foundation. So blush is a must.
I tend to like lightly shimmery blushes as it perfects the skin by reflecting light off of the shimmer pieces and there for detracting from any large pores or acne. But I hate glitter and its a very fine line between the two and finding the perfect balance in a blush is hard.
But lately ive liked a matte blush as winter is coming on and its getting colder and darker and it looks more real like a flushed look from the cold weather.
I wasn't interested in this blush because just looking at it it looks a bit dull and powdery.
I received this in my Tarte Beauty Insider Birthday Gift for this year about a week ago and have used it almost every day since so I feel I have a good grasp of how well it works and how it reacts with super oily skin since that's how my skin is.
It applies so pretty and evenly with just the right amount of product and It's super buildable. I love that. It stays on for a bit longer than most of my other higher end blushes at about 4 to 6 hours before a touch up is needed but I'm extremely oily. Like so oily after i wash my face I can fill up 3 to 4 big blotting sheets every hour after I wash unless I use mattifying products then I get about 4 to 6 hours without having to blot when I use volcasmic and martian water gel toner together. But the minute I start getting oily again I need a touch up within 2 hours.
A little goes a long way so I can see this lasting a long time even with daily use.
The packaging is a bit young looking like a 90s kids lip gloss compact but its subtle and understated and plain despite the 90s teenager colors they are made of. It closes securely with a click latch and opens easily. I'd feel comfortable traveling with this with some precautions so it doesn't bang against anything hard and have the powder shatter like all powdered makeup.
There's no mirror which is kind of unfortunate given the price of the full sized blushes but its fine. They have a great selection of colors that would look good on every color combination a person could be.
It is a bit pricy at 26 dollars for the weight and flat color but its pigmented and even at application so overall I would recommend.
Its not mind blowing which is why I'm giving it 4 stars instead of 5 as I reserve that for really amazing products that stand out but I can't find much if anything wrong with yhis blush.
Shawna A.
Bradenton, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Celebrated, Sensual, Captivating, Fearless, Seduce, Risque, Blissful, Achiote, Exposed, Blushing Bride, Dollface, Paaarty, Natural Beauty
This blush is considered one of, if not THE BEST blush formulas in the game... and 99% of people who have had the pleasure of using it would agree that it holds that reputation for a reason: it’s simply amazing. And unique... in the sense of how hard-packed it is in the pan, yet how blendable and seamless it looks in the skin. When I got my hands on my first shades (Exposed and Tipsy) I’ll admit, I was a little thrown. I was expecting them to be soft and buttery, but they were kind of stiff and hard. And when I put my brush into them, there was no kick back or anything... strange! But I’ll tell you, when I rubbed my brush in and then went to buff into my cheeks, I finally understood the magic of this blush formula! I don’t know how it works, but the pigment just blends seamlessly onto the skin and looks flawless and totally smooth without a heavy, powdery feel. It just looks like skin and/or just one with whatever vase you have underneath! The colors are fabulous too. They have so much variety and I literally own every single matte shade in the singles, AND almost every single holiday mini set, holiday blush quad palette and circle palettes they have. Even around 10 of their different eyeshadow/blush palettes as well. It’s so hard to say which is my favorite. I love them all for different reasons! Definitely my holy grail blush and a cult classic for a reason. It’s almost an obsession I have collecting them all. They are truly fabulous and work amazingly with my skin thanks to the Amazonian clay in the formula. Tarte makes many wonderful products, but blush is definitely their forte and I would recommend these blushes to anyone! They’re simply the best! (Better than all the rest...🎶) 😉
🍓deena🍓 A.
Ashburn
Review for: Other
absolutely amazing blush. I have it in the shade monarchy. its very pigmented yet it leaves a natural rosy look to your cheeks which is what I love about it. it lasts pretty long but it does wear off a little bit with time but its not that noticeable. I would definitely recommend to anyone who needs a long lasting natural looking yet pigmented blush. also it applies really easily so its good for makeup beginners !! picture of my taste blush below. tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush
Emily G.
Swanton
Review for: Paaarty
I have a very strong pink undertone so I always thought I could wear blush/needed to wear it. I was wrong. So, so wrong. While if I'm wearing a bb cream or sheer coverage foundation my rosey cheeks will pop through but with full coverage foundation it's definitely necessary. I feel like I look so much more natural looking (as natural as you can with a face caked full haha) but these blushes have really stepped up my makeup game. I feel so much more put together and honestly can't go without blush now. I tend to lean towards the super natural looking blushes so that's why I love the tarte ones. They are super build-able, but pigmented at the same time. You can play it up o down as much as you'd like. I have some NARS blush coming in today and that's like the OG blush that's I've happened to never try yet (don't ask me how, I love NARS) so hopefully it stands up. I'll review that one as soon as I've gotten a feel for it. tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour BlushBenefit Cosmetics Hoola Matte Bronzertarte Gifts From The Lipstick Tree Achiote Color Collection
Brida F.
Seattle, WA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I was never a blush person - until I tried Tarte's Amazonian Clay 12 hr blush. I got one as my birthday gift for Sephora's beauty insiders, and right away something about the packaging called to me. I got a fairy conservative warm toned pink called Paaarty and it came in a small round compact of the same shade with "Tarte" in gold lettering. The blush inside is printed with a drawing of the Amazon river. I quickly began using this blush every day. It is incredibly smooth, applies evenly with no skips and is just pigmented enough to give a healthy flush and be noticeable - but not look over the top. The line between "there" and "too much" is so fine with blushes, but this one manages to keep it just right. I apply with a kabuki brush and one dip in the blush per cheek is enough. This is a matte shade, but they have a variety of mattes and ones with a drizzle of glitter. I like the fact that they have a variety - whilst I know people complain about glitter in blush, I like it sometimes and definitely think it's a plus to have the choice. I was convinced enough to buy 3 more of these blushes (Peaceful, Sensual and Exposed) and although at $29 they are a treat, they are well loved and used and a great formula.
Jaimee M.
Mooers, NY
Review for: Captivating
Tartes Amazonian clay blush is by far the best blush I've used. The packaging is beautiful. And they have so many colors to choose form. There not super chalky at all. And when you apply them they go on your skin beautifully. The pigment is perfect. They almost seem to absorb any oil you might get on your cheeks as well. There so soft and buttery when you touch them and when you apply them on your cheek. Go in with a light hand at first because they are very pigmented. And even though there expensive a little goes a long way And I bet it will go bad before you hit pan. If it ever does goes bad.
Caterina R.
Harrogate, TN
Review for: Seduce, Paaarty
I looooove the Tarte brand, but unfortunately I was so disappointed in this blush. It is extremely powdery. My preference is a creamier formula. Also, the color payoff isn’t very strong. I received the color paaarty as my Sephora birthday gift, and I received the color Seduce as my free gift from my Allure box. I really had high hopes for this blush but unfortunately it fell short.
Melody R.
Seattle, WA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is literally the best blush out there. The range of colors is incredible, it doesn't have glitter, it blends really smoothly, and the color is buildable. The one I bought is "paaarty" which is a very wearable natural shade on me (neutral and very pale). It lasts on my skin all day and I feel confident wearing it. #giftcrush
christie p.
What is your favorite blush color?
Pamela N.
Hamilton , ON
Who else received this as a birthday gift from sephora ?
Kersten J.
Madison, WI
katie s.
Granville, IL
Whats a good color to get?
Florentien S.