BY TARTE #2 in Blush

An award-winning powder blush with longwearing Amazonian clay, so pigment looks freshly applied all day.

• mineral pigments: soothe & soften skin
  • vitamin E: natural preservative that also acts as an emollient & antioxidant

Super soft, silky powder chock full of true-color mineral pigments lets you layer on your glow with no harsh lines or chalky build-up. Its micronized Amazonian clay helps control oil & infuse moisture for balanced skin & seamless blending. The magnetized pan lets you pop your favorite shade from its compact to create a custom palette.

• Who else received this as a birthday gift from sephora ?39 Answers
  • I've been thinking about getting this but is it worth the money?13 Answers
  • Nars blush or tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hours Blush6 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "A little goes a long way so lasts a long time." in 2 reviews
  • " I find a small amount goes a long way and it lasts all day." in 1 review
Steffany C.
Charlotte, NC
Review for: Peaceful more...
I was first introduced to this product a couple years ago when it was recommended to me by a SA in my local Sephora store. The shade she suggested at the time was Charisma. I have since acquired all of the shades and they are the crown jewels of my makeup collection. I'm a bit hesitant to give all five stars, because some of the lighter colors come off a bit ashy with my skin tone. Off the top of my head, Flush is a definite culprit. But at the same time, Captivating, another light shade, is one of my favorites. But it could also be said that I didn't need to go out and buy all of the colors, and it can only be expected that not all of them are going to suit me. Besides, a light hand solves the worst of the problem. Also, these blushes are packed in very tightly, I may even venture as far as to say that the formula is hard and unyielding, so it takes a bit of work if I want to pick up a lot of color on the brush. Luckily, they are all so pigmented that a couple gentle swipes are all that I need to add natural color into my cheeks. Finally, these blushes are prone to forming a film on the surface if the blush brush being used isn't perfectly clean. Once the film forms it really is impossible to pick up any product. I ended up taking a q-tip to gently skim off the layer on top. An easy fix, but it was still a bit of a bummer. And now I present the pros that, in my mind, reduce to cons to minor nuisances. The color is long lasting and lives up the 12-hour claim. I know because I’ve fallen asleep in my makeup and still saw traces of the blush the next morning. It is also easy to work with, so even when I’ve gone a bit ham and end up looking extra rosy, I can blend and sheer away the product. The matte colors make it look like I’m really blushing, and the shimmer shades add a bit of glow. I generally cringe at any shimmer, but these blushes I can handle. The color coordinated packaging is aesthetically pleasing and practical as well. Not only do they look really cool lined up in my organizer, but it is also easy to pick the color that suits my mood. So to round up this novel, I’ll throw out there that my favorites are, Captivating, Tipsy, and Achiote
Ellie D.
Review for: Paaarty, Exposed more...
I obtained a sample size of this blush in the shade 'exposed' a year or so ago, use it regularly, and still have plenty in the tin. I realize that I should toss is because it's old, but I am having a hard time doing so, because it's that great. I was thus happy to have been gifted with another sample sized tin in 'paaarty.'

Exposed is a pale brick shade that goes on a bit deep, but blends out nicely with a titch of powder. Paaarty is more rose-toned and light, but has enough of a color hit to work on my medium skin. It might be too subtle for olive or darker skin tones. Both shades seem to me that they would be universally flattering, and I'd like to try the other color options to see if they are, too.

Both 'exposed' and 'paaarty' last all day, and both give the impression of being completely natural, as if I were slightly flushed from a walk.

I would probably repurchase, but I'm not sure I'll ever run out!

Finally, thank you Tarte, for bringing us cruelty-free beauty that works!
Shawna A.
Bradenton , FL
Review for: Celebrated, Sensual, Seduce, Captivating, Risque, Fearless, Blissful, Achiote, Exposed, Blushing Bride, Dollface, Paaarty, Natural Beauty more...
This blush is considered one of, if not THE BEST blush formulas in the game... and 99% of people who have had the pleasure of using it would agree that it holds that reputation for a reason: it’s simply amazing. And unique... in the sense of how hard-packed it is in the pan, yet how blendable and seamless it looks in the skin. When I got my hands on my first shades (Exposed and Tipsy) I’ll admit, I was a little thrown. I was expecting them to be soft and buttery, but they were kind of stiff and hard. And when I put my brush into them, there was no kick back or anything... strange! But I’ll tell you, when I rubbed my brush in and then went to buff into my cheeks, I finally understood the magic of this blush formula! I don’t know how it works, but the pigment just blends seamlessly onto the skin and looks flawless and totally smooth without a heavy, powdery feel. It just looks like skin and/or just one with whatever vase you have underneath! The colors are fabulous too. They have so much variety and I literally own every single matte shade in the singles, AND almost every single holiday mini set, holiday blush quad palette and circle palettes they have. Even around 10 of their different eyeshadow/blush palettes as well. It’s so hard to say which is my favorite. I love them all for different reasons! Definitely my holy grail blush and a cult classic for a reason. It’s almost an obsession I have collecting them all. They are truly fabulous and work amazingly with my skin thanks to the Amazonian clay in the formula. Tarte makes many wonderful products, but blush is definitely their forte and I would recommend these blushes to anyone! They’re simply the best! (Better than all the rest...🎶) 😉
☁ E.
West Orange, NJ
Review for: Dazzled, Exposed, Risque, Peaceful more...
I first tried this product in Sephora when I asked if they had a good powder blush that would either last all day or would fade into a natural flush. I'm happy to stay that this blush does both. I felt bad at first destroying the pretty design pressed into the powder, but the transfer was quite pleasant from the brush to my cheeks. You can build up color, however, I found that a little goes a long way. The powder blends into the skin very well. It handles dry skin well as well as oily skin. It doesn't bunch up but I don't recommend using it on the dry flaky skin as it may bunch up.
I do wish that they had more cooled toned varieties, but the range is already very wide. One thing I absoloutly adore is that the matteness is so natural and skin klike that somehow it gives me the appearance of a natural glow. I use it on both my "no makeup days" as well as my dolled up nights out with the girls and the fellas. It's so nice that you can just build up the color.
Allyson G.
Boston
Review for: Captivating more...
I used to think there was no point in buying high-end blushes (I love my Milani rose powder blushes and baked blushes) but I had been curious about the Tarte ones, and now that I've finally tried them, I can see why they're such a cult favorite. Super-duper pigmented, but unlike other highly pigmented powders (ahem, ABH shadows) they don't have a ton of kickup. I have the shade Captivating in full size, and a deluxe sample of Feisty which was a hand-me-down from my mom. The deluxe sample is actually such a nice size, and considering how pigmented these are, I think it will last me a really long time. Captivating is a beautiful matte peach (I do have to be careful with how much I apply, because I am fair with cool undertones and blushes with a warm undertone can look clown-like if I'm not careful) that I love to wear when I do a really warm smoky eye look. Feisty is a really interesting matte rosy brown nude that I almost thought would be too dark for me, but it actually looks really good--again, as long as I use a light hand. Both of these shades look very natural on my skin, and they last a long time, too. I really want to get more colors of this formula, although I might wait for next year's holiday palette to roll around so I can get multiple colors for a better price. (The 2017 Blush Bazaar leaned a little too warm for me when I swatched it in store, so I didn't purchase it, but I kind of regret it now that I've fallen so much in love with Captivating).
Bri G.
bois darc
This blush does not wear 12 hours on me; it wears a good eight hours, but by ten, it has disappeared. I’m fine with my blush wearing for eight to ten hours, but I will note that several blushes last around eight hours or so on me (Burberry, Dior, Guerlain, Illamasqua, NARS, theBalm–just naming some of the ones off the top of my head). The wear is good but falls short of its 12-hour claim. The texture is very, very soft to the point where there is some powderiness if you go heavily, and I find that a blush brush kicks more product loose than you actually need for a single application. You might find that a stippling brush works better, because it will disturb the pressed powder less and waste less product that way.

Thankfully, it’s not powdery when worn, because I was initially fearful that it would be, after seeing how it swatched. It’s very pretty and soft on, and with the nearly matte finish, it looks natural on. The softness of the powder makes for effortless blending.
Kim M.
Review for: Paaarty, Other more...
I've gotten two mini Tarte blushes and I like them- the formula tends to blend well and be pigmented and last all day. My only main complaint is that their permanent line doesn't have a lot of variety in shades. I would like more matte neutral options as most seems to be coral, peach, or pink, none of which look good on my olive skin. Tarte has gotten me hooked with minis, which is of course what they want, but when I go to purchase I'm put off by the color selection so I stick to NARS, which has almost every shade imaginable. I recommend Tarte blushes, although I have seen that their holiday sets with many shades tend to be of lower quality, but still decent for the price. I hope Tarte gets more variety in shades in the future, for blushes, eyeshadows, and foundations, because the lack of variety is both boring and not inclusive.
Abbey L.
Painesville, OH
Review for: Blissful more...
I received a sample Tarte Amazonian Clay blush as a Sephora reward and I was excited to try it out after hearing only good things...and I was impressed with this stuff!

The packaging is absolutely beautiful, and the color is stunning. This is a high-pigment blush, but it can be applied gently and built up if that's more your speed. These blend out very smoothly, and my favorite thing about them is that they last all day long on my oily skin. The only thing keeping me from giving a 5-star rating is their tendency to develop a film over the surface of the blush. This may just be because of my oily skin, but I don't have this problem with other face products that I try.

All in all, I think this is a beautiful blush formula, and I will definitely be picking up more shades.
Desiree H.
Ft Oglethorpe, GA
Review for: Exposed more...
I got this in a beauty subscription box that I subscribed to and pay for and these opinions are mine and mine alone. I found that this was a good color but there were a lot of blushes that looked the same and functions the same for way less cost. This did not break me out but then my cheeks never do break out from the cheap blush either. I gave it to stars because it is a good brand but the staying power was similar to a generic blush I was already using and the cost was so high. I would never have bought it even after trying it due to the cost when there are blushes that are just as good for about $10 at the drugstore. I do not recommend this, save your money for a good medium to full coverage nonacnegenic foundation that is good for your skin.
Crystal L.
Everett, PA
Review for: Other more...
I received the Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in an Ipsy glam bag. It was the first time I ever tried this blush. I got the color Idol and I love it. It goes on smooth and blends so easily. It goes so well with my skin tone. It gives me the perfect natural color with shimmer. I use this blush daily and will never stray away from it. I'm excited to try new colors and will definitely never purchase anything but Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes now.
christie p.
What is your favorite blush color?
Pamela N.
Hamilton , OK
Who else received this as a birthday gift from sephora ?
Kersten J.
Madison, WI
Katie S.
Granville, IL
Whats a good color to get?
Florentien S.