BY TARTE #4 in Blush

An award-winning powder blush with longwearing Amazonian clay, so pigment looks freshly applied all day.

• mineral pigments: soothe & soften skin
  • vitamin E: natural preservative that also acts as an emollient & antioxidant

Super soft, silky powder chock full of true-color mineral pigments lets you layer on your glow with no harsh lines or chalky build-up. Its micronized Amazonian clay helps control oil & infuse moisture for balanced skin & seamless blending. The magnetized pan lets you pop your favorite shade from its compact to create a custom palette.

• Who else received this as a birthday gift from sephora ?39 Answers
  • I've been thinking about getting this but is it worth the...13 Answers
  • Nars blush or tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hours Blush8 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "A little goes a long way so lasts a long time." in 2 reviews
  • " I find a small amount goes a long way and it lasts all day." in 1 review
Mackenzie S.
Plymoith
Review for: Blissful, Paaarty, Exposed, Fearless, Other more...
I LOVE tarte Amazonian Clay blushes for A LOT of reasons. First, they're extremely pigmented. They look fantastic on the skin and they last ALL DAY! The formula is AMAZING. It's very fine and almost creamy, which makes for an easy application. The color is most certainly buildable, which is awesome because you can use the same blush on days you want extreme color and on the days you want your blush more subtle.

The blush pan itself is fairly simple to pop out of the packaging (if you're one of those who prefer to put them in a Z palette). I also like that the outside packaging matches the blush shade that is in the pan. So you don't have to go rummaging through your makeup drawer reading the names on the bottom in order to find the shade you want. I will say, though, some of the shades you might be surprised when you apply them to the skin (compared to looking at the color in the pan). "Exposed" was one of those shades for me. It is a nude colored blush that does not look special at all when looking at it in the pan. I normally am not a "nude blush" type of girl, but when I applied it I was pleasantly surprised. It is so beautiful and I truly think it would look good on just about anyone.

As for the shades I currently own (swatches attached)  I love every single one. From left to right : Fearless, blissful,  paaarty, unstoppable, exposed.

Fearless: a very soft coralish pink
Blissful: warm peach
Paaarty: cool toned dusty pink beige
Unstoppable: peachy pink
Exposed:a surprisingly beautiful nude

I highly recommend tarte amazonian Clay blushes, whether it is one of the shades I mentioned or another one. They have so many different gorgeous  shades to choose from and every single one of them looks appealing. They are on the more expensive side when it comes to blushes, but they are so worth it. One blush container (even if it's just the trial size) should last more than long enough to make the cost worth it.  tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush
Alexandra J.
Sterling Heights
I just got this during tarte's get 7 full-size products for $63.00 deal. I really love the color of this. It is shade "Blushing Bride" which a a mauvish-pink color. Very traditional, every day blush. Feel like it would look great on almost any skintone. It's matte which is really nice. I always use brushes but was just trying it out with my fingers (had no brushes around) and found that I had to apply over and over again. Almost like you cant even swatch this product. The color did show up on my cheeks and is very beautifulm it blended nicely and stayed in place throughout the day.

My only negative comment would be about the pigmentation (again could be because I only used my fingers) but I had to really swipe and swipe to pick up product. I think the price point is a little high but the product is nice.
Steffany C.
Charlotte, NC
Review for: Peaceful more...
I was first introduced to this product a couple years ago when it was recommended to me by a SA in my local Sephora store. The shade she suggested at the time was Charisma. I have since acquired all of the shades and they are the crown jewels of my makeup collection. I'm a bit hesitant to give all five stars, because some of the lighter colors come off a bit ashy with my skin tone. Off the top of my head, Flush is a definite culprit. But at the same time, Captivating, another light shade, is one of my favorites. But it could also be said that I didn't need to go out and buy all of the colors, and it can only be expected that not all of them are going to suit me. Besides, a light hand solves the worst of the problem. Also, these blushes are packed in very tightly, I may even venture as far as to say that the formula is hard and unyielding, so it takes a bit of work if I want to pick up a lot of color on the brush. Luckily, they are all so pigmented that a couple gentle swipes are all that I need to add natural color into my cheeks. Finally, these blushes are prone to forming a film on the surface if the blush brush being used isn't perfectly clean. Once the film forms it really is impossible to pick up any product. I ended up taking a q-tip to gently skim off the layer on top. An easy fix, but it was still a bit of a bummer. And now I present the pros that, in my mind, reduce to cons to minor nuisances. The color is long lasting and lives up the 12-hour claim. I know because I’ve fallen asleep in my makeup and still saw traces of the blush the next morning. It is also easy to work with, so even when I’ve gone a bit ham and end up looking extra rosy, I can blend and sheer away the product. The matte colors make it look like I’m really blushing, and the shimmer shades add a bit of glow. I generally cringe at any shimmer, but these blushes I can handle. The color coordinated packaging is aesthetically pleasing and practical as well. Not only do they look really cool lined up in my organizer, but it is also easy to pick the color that suits my mood. So to round up this novel, I’ll throw out there that my favorites are, Captivating, Tipsy, and Achiote
Ellie D.
Review for: Paaarty, Exposed more...
I obtained a sample size of this blush in the shade 'exposed' a year or so ago, use it regularly, and still have plenty in the tin. I realize that I should toss is because it's old, but I am having a hard time doing so, because it's that great. I was thus happy to have been gifted with another sample sized tin in 'paaarty.'

Exposed is a pale brick shade that goes on a bit deep, but blends out nicely with a titch of powder. Paaarty is more rose-toned and light, but has enough of a color hit to work on my medium skin. It might be too subtle for olive or darker skin tones. Both shades seem to me that they would be universally flattering, and I'd like to try the other color options to see if they are, too.

Both 'exposed' and 'paaarty' last all day, and both give the impression of being completely natural, as if I were slightly flushed from a walk.

I would probably repurchase, but I'm not sure I'll ever run out!

Finally, thank you Tarte, for bringing us cruelty-free beauty that works!
Shawna A.
Bradenton , FL
Review for: Celebrated, Sensual, Captivating, Fearless, Seduce, Risque, Blissful, Achiote, Exposed, Blushing Bride, Dollface, Paaarty, Natural Beauty more...
This blush is considered one of, if not THE BEST blush formulas in the game... and 99% of people who have had the pleasure of using it would agree that it holds that reputation for a reason: it’s simply amazing. And unique... in the sense of how hard-packed it is in the pan, yet how blendable and seamless it looks in the skin. When I got my hands on my first shades (Exposed and Tipsy) I’ll admit, I was a little thrown. I was expecting them to be soft and buttery, but they were kind of stiff and hard. And when I put my brush into them, there was no kick back or anything... strange! But I’ll tell you, when I rubbed my brush in and then went to buff into my cheeks, I finally understood the magic of this blush formula! I don’t know how it works, but the pigment just blends seamlessly onto the skin and looks flawless and totally smooth without a heavy, powdery feel. It just looks like skin and/or just one with whatever vase you have underneath! The colors are fabulous too. They have so much variety and I literally own every single matte shade in the singles, AND almost every single holiday mini set, holiday blush quad palette and circle palettes they have. Even around 10 of their different eyeshadow/blush palettes as well. It’s so hard to say which is my favorite. I love them all for different reasons! Definitely my holy grail blush and a cult classic for a reason. It’s almost an obsession I have collecting them all. They are truly fabulous and work amazingly with my skin thanks to the Amazonian clay in the formula. Tarte makes many wonderful products, but blush is definitely their forte and I would recommend these blushes to anyone! They’re simply the best! (Better than all the rest...🎶) 😉
Abbey L.
Painesville, OH
Review for: Blissful more...
I received a sample Tarte Amazonian Clay blush as a Sephora reward and I was excited to try it out after hearing only good things...and I was impressed with this stuff!

The packaging is absolutely beautiful, and the color is stunning. This is a high-pigment blush, but it can be applied gently and built up if that's more your speed. These blend out very smoothly, and my favorite thing about them is that they last all day long on my oily skin. The only thing keeping me from giving a 5-star rating is their tendency to develop a film over the surface of the blush. This may just be because of my oily skin, but I don't have this problem with other face products that I try.

All in all, I think this is a beautiful blush formula, and I will definitely be picking up more shades.
Christine L.
Review for: Paaarty more...
I'm a huge blush person and I've tried tons of different drugstore blushes that I thought I loved but then I tried tarte's "paaarty" shade and oh my goodness,  I don't think I can go back to my drugstore blushes. It's beautiful and SO SO SO long lasting!! I never have to reapply and a little will go a long way because it's so pigmented. It's super easy to blend and has a matte finish.

I love this shade because it looks so natural on my skin- enough to give it some color but still natural looking. For reference, I'm pretty light with warm(ish) undertones.

It kind of makes me sad that I'm so in love with it because it costs so much more than my usual drugstore ones but it's just so good! So worth it!
Desiree H.
Ft Oglethorpe, GA
Review for: Exposed more...
I got this in a beauty subscription box that I subscribed to and pay for and these opinions are mine and mine alone. I found that this was a good color but there were a lot of blushes that looked the same and functions the same for way less cost. This did not break me out but then my cheeks never do break out from the cheap blush either. I gave it to stars because it is a good brand but the staying power was similar to a generic blush I was already using and the cost was so high. I would never have bought it even after trying it due to the cost when there are blushes that are just as good for about $10 at the drugstore. I do not recommend this, save your money for a good medium to full coverage nonacnegenic foundation that is good for your skin.
Bre V.
Columbus
Review for: Paaarty, Natural Beauty more...
I'm iffy on blushes in general - I have a lot of redness in my face and I prefer sheer coverage foundations/bb creams so I can usually get away with not using any.

These two, however, are my go-to's - very matte, lovely color, highly pigmented. As per usual with blushes, I take a brush and go for a really light hand - they're highly buildable and I find the formula sticks in for the rest of the day as long as I didn't wear a foundation with a lot of slippage. Paaarty is a nude that works perfectly if I'm not trying to amp up the pinks in my undertone - it's also my olive-skinned wife's go-to blush - and Natural Beauty is my favorite of the pinks. I def recommend.
Callie G.
Review for: Paaarty more...
I really wanted to love this blush because of all of the amazing reviews I had read and heard about it. I got it for free in the Sephora birthday gift set, and it just didn’t live up to the hype. When I have tried to apply it, it has gone on patchy and uneven on the cheeks. I have tried using it several times and will continue to try using different brushes and using it on top of different foundations and powders to see if I can find the best way to make it work. I gave it two stars because the color of it is really beautiful and I love that they use good ingredients in these blushes. Hopefully I can find a way to love this blush, but for now I can’t recommend it.
christie p.
What is your favorite blush color?
Pamela N.
Hamilton , OK
Who else received this as a birthday gift from sephora ?
Kersten J.
Madison, WI
Katie S.
Granville, IL
Whats a good color to get?
Florentien S.