BY TARTE #36 in Lipstick

Inspired by the whimsical colors of the Amazon and infused with naturally-derived ingredients from its lush vegetation, these Amazonian butter lipsticks add a splash of rich color and creamy shine for a perfect pout.

Cupuacu butter: rich in essential fatty acids and sterols that help firm while drenching lips in moisture; murumuru butter: rich in essential fatty acids and ProVitamin A to help restore elasticity and soothe lips; shea butter: a natural skin emollient that helps retain skin elasticity & protects against degeneration; mineral pigments: soothe and soften lips.

Treat lips to a dose of color and moisture with these Amazonian butter lipsticks, infused with precious Amazonian butters to hydrate and smooth lips throughout the day. The luxurious formula glides on smoothly to deliver rich, creamy, natural looking color in a variety of shades that flatter any skin tone. Peppermint oil adds a refreshing hint of mint with each application and helps give lips a fuller, plumped up appearance. Each lipstick features unique, chic, eco-friendly packaging in specially-designed prints.

• tarte Amazonian Butter Lipstick is this long last... Be the first to answer!
  • I've been wanting this lipstick set for so long! And I was wonder...1 Answers
  • I have been searching for a good lipstick thats not Animal tested...3 Answers
Regan C.
Review for: Watermelon
The color is perfect for a pop in the summer! It’s somewhat sheer, so it’s not too strong if you’re more used to wearing neutral shades. Feels great on my lips and lasts a log time. I got this a while ago and I don’t really use it anymore just because I have found other favorites, but it’s a cute color that doesn’t require a lot of maintenance (lining, priming, expert application), so it’s good for people just playing around!
Ane K.
Review for: Angelic Nude
I just love this lipstick! I bought it a couple years ago and started attempting to use it up and put it in my purse as my regular daily lip color. It's really nourishing and balm-like, but moderate to full coverage depending on how many swipes. It has a satiny finish, definitely not matte. It does transfer if that bothers you, but for how soft it keeps my lips and how flattering of an every day color.
Lucy W.
New York
Review for: Other
I have this lipstick in the color poppy, which is a medium pinky red shade. The lipstick is smooth upon application, and isn't sticky. There is not much of a flavor, but it smells slightly minty like most tarte lip products. The color goes on pretty sheer, so it is suitable for days when I am not looking for a bright color. The packaging is made of cardboard, but it is very beautiful.
Nikki R.
O Fallon, MO
Review for: Other
I purchased this amazing lipstick in the color Tulip and it's one of my daily wear favorites! It's such a flattering shade that adds a pop of color to the soft look of my lips. It's fairly long wearing - tho not as long as matte lipsticks, and has this fantastic creamy buttery texture. Honestly with all the hype of matte lips I find myself going back to this lipstick anyway.
The color is semi sheer which I like, but it's not as sheer as a gloss- it makes your lips feel healthier after putting it on. It's got a moisturizing feel that screams summer- and the color choices are great! I will layer this over a berry matte lip color as fall approaches to soften up a bolder lip color. These blend so well and are versatile and nourishing!
Brook H.
Carthage, MS
Beauty Junkie Expert
I must say that this is some high quality lip butter. I hate to call it lipstick because it’s so much more than that! It’s like a gloss, li quencher, moisturizer with color. The small is exceptional and the quality is top notch. I found the price was worth every penny and I’d highly recommend this to all my lady friends.
Addy H.
Review for: Other
I get that 'eh' feeling about most of Tarte's products, their lipstick is no different. It has a kind of weird cooling feel on the lips and an aftertaste I just don't like. The color is not anywhere near as long lasting as say... Bite's products. Also, while Tarte is cruelty free, their parent company is not. They also 'green wash' their products to make you think they're non toxic, but still contain some fairly bad ingredients. Their lipstick isn't the worst out there, but not a great formula and definitely not as safe as Bite, which is only a few bucks more. Save your money, these aren't worth it.
Morgan H.
Huntingdon Vy, PA
Review for: Angelic Nude
Love this shade and formula of lipstick so much. It surpassed my expectations and turned into one of my go to lip colors for years. I purchased from Tarte's website and would DEFINITELY buy again! This lipstick literally lived in my handbag for at least 2 years that's how much I loved it. I've already purchased this exact shade "Angelic Nude" 3+ times. It's just one of those products that I never wanted to be without it! I want try more colors and don't know why I haven't yet after all this time but I know I love the formula already so I have to get around to that!
Courtney B.
Easton, PA
Review for: Other
I don't wear lipstick all the time but when I do this is my go to! It goes on so smoothly and really adds hydration to my lips. I cannot stress that enough! The color is amazing, the packaging is great, the price is affordable, I could go on and on! Get some and try it!
Marisol G.
Kearny , NJ
Review for: Angelic Nude
I absolutely loved this lipstick. It was way too pricy but it worked as an everyday lipstick for me. My biggest complaint is that it went rancid within the year. Good because it means it’s more natural, but bad because I couldn’t finish it and get my money’s worth.
Stephanie C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this lipstick! It has a slight mintiness to it, which I could take or leave. The formula of this lipstick is wonderful! Its not too glossy but has opaque color like a lipstick and is hydrating at the same time. The packaging is also beautiful... :)
Alexis T.
Are these long lasting?
Mar P.
Firmat, Santa Fe
I am almost decided to get this, but is it cruelty free?
Cori C.
Are these lipsticks moisturizing at all?
Garima S.
Such beautiful color , is it very pigmented ?
Sal F.
El Cajon , CA
I love the color! Where can I find this product? How much?