tarte Airbrush Finish Bamboo Foundation Brush

A revolutionary foundation brush that is not only supremely soft, versatile and durable for use, but also made of sustainably harvested bamboo. This foundation brush flawlessly blends and buffs makeup for a perfectly airbrushed effect.

Is this brush good for applying foundation and if so, is it better than a beauty sponge? I personally like applying my make up on better with brushes rather than a sponge however I have been using drug store brushes and they are starting to shed and it messes up my foundation look. Would you guys recommend this brush?
Iss it soft ??????
is this a good brush? would you recommend it?
Start your review of tarte Airbrush Finish Bamboo Foundation Brush!
Product Highlights
“I purchased this with the Tarte Clay Liquid Foundation. and I honestly, love the brush more than the foundation! I really like how dense the brush is and the buffing power is amazing. Your foundation goes on light yet covers everything. Flawless finish!! and I haven't seen any shedding from the brush which is a plus. ” in reviews
“...having to use tons of product. I love it so much that I also use it for my blush and bronzer” in reviews
“I just love this brush it's one of my favorite, you end up with a great make up flawless, not lines very soft and great price ” in reviews
“I bought this brush to be used with Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hr foundation, and the first time I applied the foundation, using this brush, I sat there in amazement at the reflection in the mirror.” in reviews
Marysville California
tarte Airbrush Finish Bamboo Foundation Brush uploaded by rachael T.
I bought this foundation brush in an Amazonian Clay Foundation and brush set. It has really firm shorter hairs but they are super soft too. It has a thick shorter round wooden handle. I really like the handle because its easier to control and maneuver. For me it's more than an Air Brush Finish Foundation Brush. I've used it for many different applications. It works for applying blush to the apples of my cheeks perfectly. I've used it for contouring my entire face and it works flawlessly. My favorite way of using it is for applying my setting powder. It does an amazing job at blending and blurring my setting powder to my entire face. It still works flawlessly at the job it was created for. It really does give my face an airbrushed look. I can honestly recommend this foundation brush for someone that wants a brush that works well in many different ways. For someone that wants a brush that is small enough to take on the go. It would be an excellent addition to your makeup brush collection. This brush is absolutely worth the purchase and the try. tarte Airbrush Finish Bamboo Foundation Brush #foundation #makeupbrushes #tartecosmetics #airbrush
Rcho Sta Marg, CA
tarte Airbrush Finish Bamboo Foundation Brush uploaded by Katie A.
This brush is the best thing that happen to my face. I have sun damage, red tone skin and just overall not the most even complexion. So I need tools that really help give the illusion of nice, perfect skin. I apply foundation with this and you can build the coverage you want, some light simple blending gives a very natural look which, for more coverage I’ll use a second layer of foundation and really blend it onto my skin and problem areas, and my skin looks amazing. I’ve never really thought that brushes did much more than the next one, but this one is so different from anything I’ve tried. It’s soft yet firm if that makes sense, dense so it can cover great. Rinses out super easy with a bit of brush cleaner and still feels super soft after, won’t dry out. I’ll always have this brush on hand :)
This is the product, that I mistakenly bought, mind you, that made me a believer in foundation brushes! I thought that this was a powder brush when I ordered it on Ulta.com.. oops. Truly I say, there has not been a mistake I have not regretted more than this one. I have been a die-hard beauty blender/beauty sponge aficionado for some time and just didn't "get it" when it came to foundation brushes. It seemed messy and kind of not necessary because my sponges have always applied foundation flawlessly. This brush was not cheap but I did perceive immediately that is very high quality, sturdy and extremely densely packed which motivated me to try it with a liquid foundation I've been using lately (Wet n Wild Photo Focus). I wasn't expecting the ease, the flawless even coverage, the quickness and no-fuss of this brush. It truly blew me away and made me a believer! It took me literally 30 seconds to apply the foundation and I felt like I got better coverage with the brush versus the sponges I've been using. So obviously, I really love this brush and highly recommend it to anyone, especially those of you who are new to foundation brushes and are looking for a safe and easy place to "jump in", so to speak. I love the thick bamboo handle also. I know ELF makes some great brushes, but I'm not sure there are more reasonably priced brushes that can hold a candle to this specific brush, but I would gladly repurchase because this is easily worth the price tag!
Fredericksbrg, VA
I don't know how someone could love a make-up brush as much as I love this one.  It is, hands down, my favorite!!! It came with the purchase of Tarte's Clay Foundation that I purchased on QVC (it is now my favorite foundation).  You will love this brush! I promise!!  It's small so easy to handle.  The bristles are very soft and thick.  Unlike other brushes, the handle is made of wood.  This brush will outlive many of the others I own, for sure!  I definitely recommend it.  Tarte is also all-natural and cruelty-free.
New London, WI
Normally I would use a sponge or beauty blender to put on my foundation but I've noticed that I've been going through a lot of foundation. So I did some research and found that by using a brush I used less foundation, but I wanted a great brush cuz I wanted a certain finish. This brush works perfectly for me! I'm so glad that I got it and it's so soft too! It leaves a flawless finish no matter what foundation I use and that is what I was looking for. I highly recommend this brush.
Waldorf, MD
I don't use brushes anymore because I've been after a more natural look & I've found sponges to be better for that. However, when I was after a full coverage look this was my go to brush & it did a wonderful job. I used a stippling movement & it blended perfectly & was never streaky. I used it for a few years but then after many washings the bristles started popping out of the handle, & I had to be super careful after that. But again, I had used it a good while before that happened.
Sherman Oaks , CA
Purchased at: ULTA
DO NOT SLEEP ON THIS BRUSH! I have dry skin and always had issues applying foundation. Achieving that airbrush look was always hard with my flat brushes and even sponges. This works! This has changed my life. I pump the foundation on my hand, use my sponge to apply dots to my face, and blend with this brush. It’s magic! I’m so glad the Ulta staff introduced me to this brush. I didn’t even care to look at the price because after trying it in store, I knew I had to have it.
Woodside, CA
I use to love this brush, it applied foundation perfectly. It definitely made your foundation look airbrushed. The big problem with it is after a month of use the bristles start to fall out everywhere. Especially if you even attempt to clean the brush. For that reason it’s a 3 star for me. If you have the money to replace the brush every single month then yes it’s a 5 star. If you don’t want waste your money on the same brush monthly then it’s not worth it.
Middle Vlg, NY
tarte Airbrush Finish Bamboo Foundation Brush uploaded by RollerBoogie *.
Purchased at: Amazon
So i impulsively purchased this late at night after watching a youtube video saying it was all the rage and I’m happy i did :D its fluffy and soft and it blends the foundation pretty nicely and gives a nice natural finish to your face. I have a few tarte brushes and this one seems like its better quality than their more novelty type ones. Its a good investment if you want a foundation brush that’s cruelty free <3
Beaverton, OR
This has been, and will continue to forever be, my favorite brush to apply foundation for the past 7 years. If you're using this with the amazonian clay foundation, you definitely get an airbrushed look to the face. However, using this with any other liquid foundation looks great as well. The bristles are not too stiff, and the brush itself is the perfect density to provide a full coverage look without soaking up too much product.

161 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
New Castle, DE