BY TARGET #1 in Department Stores

• Target or Wal-mart?163 Answers
  • Who else loves target <3 as much as i do?(: like if you doo !!...191 Answers
  • I literally think Target sprays something on you when you walk in...2 Answers
Target
  • "They have great prices and friendly service and a wide variety or products so that I can always find what I am looking for." in 848 reviews
  • "Definitely my store for everything from toilet paper, to skin care products, to home decor, and of course gifts for the little one's in my life." in 793 reviews
  • "There is always something I forget that I can quick run into Target to grab at great prices (especially with coupons + the Cartwheel app + my RedCard = SCORE!!)" in 704 reviews
  • "This has to be one of my all time favorite stores, It has everything, its conveniently priced, and it always has what im looking for!" in 623 reviews
  • "It's one of my guilty pleasures to find great deals here, the easiest being when they have an in store sale, plus a store coupon, cartwheel coupon, and manufacturers coupon all at once!" in 600 reviews
Julie S.
Target, for most, is a one-stop shop! You can find anything from a cute pair of ankle booties, to a car charger for your cellphone, to Justin's almond butter (target superstores have groceries) all in one place! What I like about target is that it is always very organized, the one near my house is always very clean (no clothes on the ground and if there are, they are quick to identify and pick them up, quick responses to spills), the employees are always very personable and helpful, and they have great customer service. The reason that I only have target 4 stars is because I have a very hard time finding clothing in their store brand that fit appropriately and which I feel comfortable wearing. Many of the clothes i have tried on there over the years have been ill fitting, not the best proportions for bigger girls, and sometime I question the quality of materials used. While I know many who do like the clothes are target (mind you I have found some amazingly adorable and in-style clothes, they just are I'll fitting) I also know many who just don't purchase clothes there. I like that they carry some awesome brands of my favorite foods in their superstore locations, and that their dollar section always has something awesome for kids and adults alike! There is a reason people say that you can never go into target coming out with just one thing or only coming out with what was on your list! Haha!
Suzette G.
If I need to stock up on groceries, I go here.  If I need to find the latest, best priced children's clothes, I go to here.  You get it. The customer service is amazing; if you're seeking friendly associates, an always clean store, a vast array of products from many different brands, competitive pricing, free coupons, reusable bag discounts, and food sampling in store, this is the place for you.  Going back to the actual store, every section of this store is amazing, and I shop in every section.  The women's/men's clothes are absolutely gorgeous; they have dressy clothing for work, fashion friendly, and comfortable as well.  Great selection of workout gear as well.  I really like their clothing brand but there are plenty of others as well; their Cat and Jack toddler brand is by far my favorite for my four year old.  They have well priced pants all the time and typically a sale on them through the app, and their shirts are inexpensive and adorable.  They also have excellent quality sweaters and jackets; they have an excellent selection of toys, electronics, car products, home items and a lot of my home products are from there, and of course grocery.  Many times shopping at other stores I was iffy on whether the home goods department had great quality; I've purchased candles, pillows, sheets, etc from here and the quality is always there.  I've furnished one of my restrooms with their products and they are still going strong a year later; I really like the children's bedroom products they come out with too, very cute and excellent quality.  The grocery department is always fully stocked, and they have many different brands to choose from; many times they have food purchase coupons or gift cards just for buying the groceries you were already intending too, which is awesome!  My favorite part of this store is definitely the toiletries section.  I've noticed they've come out with so many new brands and many brands that are more earth friendly/cruelty free (I made the switch last year and it's been a struggle to find products.)  The cosmetics department is also large and has many lines that are more earth friendly/cruelty free.  I love everything about Target; I'm a client for life and typically choose to shop here most frequently compared to other stores, unless they are out of something or don't carry it (which is rare.)  5 out of 5 across the board!  I am in no way a Target affiliate or a Target employee, I am just a loyal client!
Alisha J.
Walworth, NY
Target is one of those stores you head into only needing one thing and you walk out with a cart full of items and a smile on your face.
The workers are always extremely helpful and it’s easy to find someone if you have a question.
The aisles are well organized and (at least at my local target) the setup makes complete sense, so even if you don’t really know where something is it shouldn’t take long to find it.
They’re acquiring a lot of new brands and every single one of them is awesome! I never used to shop for clothes at target, but I love everything they have now. The quality of most things is great, and returning is super easy if you have a problem with something (for example, I bought a makeup brush on super clearance— most places wouldn’t let me return it, but I brought it back because it was shedding all over my face when I used it and they didn’t ask any questions at all *i did have the original packaging and my receipt*)
Shopping online is easy too, but I honestly prefer looking in store because I end up finding things I didn’t even know I wanted.
Alexis D.
Rolla, ND
Not going to lie, I LOVE target. Wouldn't be my first choice for groceries, since some of their items are pretty spendy, unless you use cartwheel AND have the redcard, then you can get pretty amazing deals on that as well. I used to shop for almost everything here from clothes to beauty products to household products. Now that we have moved 2+ hours away, amazon has become my outlet of choice. I registered here for my wedding a few years back, and now have our baby registry here. I had a few issues with items getting lost off my wedding registry, or my whole registry getting deleted and had to start over. But our baby registry has been good, other than I am constantly having to replace products I had registered for with similar items because said item was being discontinued. Who knew they went through items that fast?! I do love their shipping, I can order something and have it in a few days. I do still get a lot of home decor, household items, and clothing items here, just always isn't my first choice anymore!
Jessica J.
Omg love this store. All the ones around me are getting a make over but it’s still easy to find what I’m looking for. It my go to place when I have nothing to do but need to get out. I can alway find something here from clothing to snacks. Sounds silly but my husband and I use lay end our date nights with a Target run. I love how when you start a registry with them they have a nice goodie bag. We got a gift card and coupons when we got married and I have Hurd the baby one is better lots of samples. Employees are nice too. We were on vacation and forgot sunscreen and I asked an employee if there was smaller bottles or even samples with our trip only being a few more day didn’t want to buy a bottle that I couldn’t take home cuz of TSA.She came back 10 min later with a hand full of some samples.
Himali B.
Westminster, CO
Fashionista Expert Level 1
For me Target is one stop shop for all my needs. I like how organised all the aisles are & how much. Ariety is available to choose from under any category. The groceries, skincare products/brands, candles, bath rugs, cooking girdles, shower curtains, skincare products, makeup you can get everything & anything at very affordable prices. I even bought fleece lined leggings from Target which I got at unbelievable price & great quality. I could hardly find such good quality & affordable fleece lined leggings anywhere else. Whatever I have ever bought from Target even non so popular brands is of good quality. I have hardly had any instances where I couldn't find any particular brand or product at Target. I really like going to Target for grocery & I go there so frequently for all things that I need.
Lauren T.
Warwick, RI
I love target but recently when I went xmas shopping I was disappointed in their false advertising for sales. They had a sign over the hats and mittens that said 40% off, so I took a hat and scarf I was interested in and brought it to the price scanner to see what the new sale price would be. When I scanned both items the price didn't change. I asked a store clerk for assistance and she scanned it on her phone to check the price. No change. Basically the sign that claimed these items were on sale 40% off were not on sale. It was very misleading and I knew I could get better quality products with name brands for the same price or cheaper at tj maxx or marshalls. Just be careful of targets misleading "sales".
Melissa G.
West Jordan, UT
I always spend atleast $60-$80 when I go to Target. I love this store. My Target has a Starbucks and I get a iced chai and look around. Their clothes are so cute. I have never had an issue with their clothing. They are the best, great quality and fit true to size. They have shoes that I habe purchased and don't fall apart. I have bought jewelry there and even my boyfriend likes their mens' clothes. I stay for hours in their makeup aisle. They have some of my favorite brands like Soap and Glory, Elf, Milani, Essence, Sonia Kashuk, Pacifica and their facial products, Physicians Formula, Ardell lashes, Nyx seriously the list goes on. I recently purchased Hair Food Shampoo and Conditioner and bought one the first of many BEAUTY BOXES!
april n.
Forest Lake, MN
Honestly, I’m not going to lie here, I LOVE Target. I go here for everything and anything.. and plenty of things that I don’t need, unfortunately 🤦🏻‍♀️.

However, anytime I am in these stores, I feel like I am under constant watch by the employees and nobody wants to feel like they are a criminal when they go into a store and are simply price matching online. Maybe that is just to be said about the Targets around here, but for that reason, I do prefer shopping their stores online.

Their employees and generally nice and helpful if you need to find something or can point you in the direction you need to be in.

The cleanliness of the store is always superb, they’re always nice, clean and organized.

As far as the prices go and compare to others - they sometimes offer promotions such as $5 giftcards when you purchase 3 of some item, or something along those lines, which is nice. I definitely think that you can find cheaper deals at other department stores, though.

I would love Target and I do, aside from feeling like I’m being watched when I’m in there constantly.
Grace F.
Shorewood, IL
Whenever I go to target, I end up buying nearly everything in the store. They always have everything that I need, and more! The store is always clean and the workers are friendly. My favorite things to get from Target are clothing, beauty, and books/games. Their clothing line never lets you down! They always have such cute clothes for Juniors! Their beauty department has everything you could look for. The products are good quality and you can easily find what you need. Their book and games department has so many great options for whatever you need. I always go back to Target and I recommend it to anyone who needs an all in one shop.
Vinamae M.
Spokane, Wa
WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE MAKEUP BRAND THAT THEY SELL AT Target?
Alexis S.
Paso Robles, CA
Who else loves target <3 as much as i do?(: like if you doo !!!! :) <3<3<3<3
Michelle P.
Struthers, OH
Does anyone else go into Target for one thing and end up being in there for over an hour and have to buy everything??
Taylor S.
Atkinson, NH
Target or Wal-mart?
Amanda P.
Eclectic, AL
Does everyone know about the Cartwheel app? This is Target's app to help you save soo much money on select items. You get the stores discount and can apply a manufacturers coupon on top it! Great savings!