BY TALES OF SYMPHONIA

• What was your favorite sidequest in the game? I really enjoyed th...1 Answers
  • Who is your favorite character/s? Mine was Presea (who doesn't lo...10 Answers
Tiffany L.
Saint Louis, MO
This is the first Tales game I ever played...but not the last. It started me on a wonderful path with great games. The story was wonderful and it changes! Then you get to see just how beautifully made this game is. And he battle system is great too. Plus it is easy to pick up and play which I appreciate. And...paw pads!!
Melissa M.
Union, NJ
My favorite game of all time. amazing characters, plot, dungeons, enemies, antagonists, side quests. There's so much to do outside of the main plot line. You can replay it over and over, and still find new ways to enjoy it.
Sophie C.
My favorite game, and the best RPG on the GameCube, hands down. This game nails everything- fantastic co-op play, lovable characters, compelling story, amazing soundtrack, endearing anime style art, the works. If you're a fan of fantasy-themed RPGS, fun multiplayer games, and place emphasis on character development, THIS IS YOUR GAME. You have to play this before you die.
Barbara V.
Richardson, TX
The first tales game I've ever played impacted me so much, I needed to play the rest of the series. I loved the multitude of options and choices you could make, and how they affected the story. Additionally, I loved discovering all the titles, customs and sidequests I could get! The combat system was so fun and the exploration was as well! I replayed it 6 times so far, and am planning on playing it again once I find the time to!
Gerar S.
Mukilteo, WA
Tales of Symphonia is a truly outstanding game and a must have on the Nintendo Gamecube. Tales of Symphonia has you following Lloyd Irving as he and his friends travel across the land of Sylvaren't in order to save the world. The game features an overworld map, town and dungeons, and a battle screen. ToS differs itself from other RPG games, such as Final Fantasy, because of it's unique battle style. Instead of being turned based, you take control of one character while the game controls the rest. You are able to link combos and techniques and can also combine attacks with the rest of the party by utilizing a "Unison Attack." Being a very long game, ToS takes up two disks, but that only means twice the fun. Overall, this game is very enjoyable and fights can be played with more than one person. I have put many hours in this game and it is a definite collectible. Even if people don't own a GameCube, they should download an emulator in order to experience the greatness of this game.
Cassy P.
Covington, GA
Tales of Symphonia is a true classic game for me. While others may claim that they see Mario and Sonic as their favorite series types games, I see The Tales games by Namco Bandai to be my favorite. The stories are well plotted like your favorite books, having you stay up hours at night wondering what's going to happen next and keep you well intrigued. Specifically Symphonia has a plot that can cheer up a cloudy mood or get you crying the next. The characters are also well developed and you can feel their emotion. Not only the storyline is good, but the battle system is superb as well. For people who love freedom and being very in control of the battle, this game will be one of your favorites. You have combos and unique skills unlike any other game you've played before and teammates who instead of drag you down, lead you to victory. I would recommend this game to anyone with a GameCube (or a Playstation 2) and a love for amazing games!
Avery M.
Clarkston, MI
This was the first Tales game that I played - and I think that it is the best one in the series. I thought that the storyline was very interesting and had many unexpected twists thrown in. I loved that you could waste hours on side quests and that you could find even more side quest or things to do once you thought you had completed them all. The characters each have a unique and beautiful personality which made it easy to get attached to them and fall in love with them. This is by far one of the best video games that I have ever played and I strongly recommend it to anyone and everyone!
Katy M.
Nacogdoches, TX
This was the first Tales of Series game that I had bought, after turning the game on I remember that I ended up playing through the night for the first week. I often go through gaming droughts, where I end up leaving a game alone for a long time and then coming back, Symphonia is one where I can set it down, and come back and get readdicted! The stories and character personalities were a hit with me right away. Each character has their downsides and upsides. A lot of tragic pasts are in the story lines and to work towards saving your home world you get to meet and go through so many things becoming attached to them. Even the NPCS will stick in your mind when you finish there.
Paulina V.
Palo Alto, CA
I've been a Tales fan for over 10 years, and Symphonia was the game to introduce me into the series. The storyline is one of the strongest and consistent in Tales, and it has its twists and turns that keep you invested and feel for the characters. In addition, its battle system was one of the turning points in JRPG history: changing the traditional tales LMBS (Linear Motion Battle System) into the three-dimensional ML-LMBS. This battle system gave more flexibility and variety than the earlier Tales releases.

All in all, it is a great Tales game for those looking to get into the series and fans of JRPGS cannot miss out on this classic from 2003 now that it's been rereleased in HD for the PS3!
Aminah H.
Houlton, WI
It's an oldie but a goodie. When this first came out, my sister and I couldn't stop playing. The story line is amazing and the characters are crazy likeable. My sister and I did the co-op and sort of assigned each other characters (our favorites were the ones we played and we stayed away from playing the others favorites). Even though we got this when I was in middle school (I am now in college), it's still a fun game and brings back some good memories of nonstop playing for hours until the sun rose.
Aminah H.
Houlton, WI
Who is your favorite character/s? Mine was Presea (who doesn't love a girl with big axes!) and Colette.
Avery M.
Clarkston, MI
What was your favorite sidequest in the game? I really enjoyed the side quests to get costume changes and the one with the chosen imposters.