Take Two Interactive Red Dead Redemption (Xbox 360) uploaded by TDY E.

BY TAKE TWO INTERACTIVE #51 in Xbox Games

Winner of over 100 game of the year awards including spike video game awards, machinima inside gaming awards, gamespot, games radar, spin, cnet, associated press and ny post. America, 1911. The wild west is dying. When federal agents threaten his family, former outlaw john marston is forced to pick up his guns again and hunt down the gang of criminals he once called friends. Experience an epic fight for survival across the sprawling expanses of the american west and mexico, see more...

• How many have at least played the normal mode of this? 5 Answers
Brandon B.
Clarkston, MI
Have you ever thought to yourself "What if Grand Theft Auto took place in the old west?" Well, friend, your prayers have been answered with Red Dead Redemption. The game play style helped pave the way for some GTA V implementations (Weapon wheel, hit detection, so on and so fourth), the music fits the atmospheres very well, the story is super amazing (Just look out for spoilers- This is a game that loses a lot of punch if the main twist has been spoiled), the mini games are all entertaining, this game almost knocks it out of the park in every aspect. The only issue I had with this game was the travel. Controlling the horse is usually smooth as butter, but you're going to have to ride past a whole lot of nothing to get anywhere in the game, and that can really kill your buzz. The travel thing makes me knock the final grade down to a B, but this is definitely a game you want to pick up if you're a fan of GTA styled games or the old west. The DLC for the game (Undead Nightmare) is also pretty entertaining, and adds an interesting (even if kind of goofy) dynamic to the game, and adds a few extra hours of entertainment on top of it.
Jazmin-Jean F.
Fair Lawn, NJ
Lemme tell you about this game. I'm talking stealing horses and forming an emotional attachment. Lassoing people and dragging them with your horse. Shooting animals outside like you're freaking Chuck Norris in Walker Texas Ranger. My personal opinion, this is way better than GTA cause you deal with all these southern bells and ranches. You ride horses instead of cars and you don't have to worry about denting your horse. Your horse is 💯 24/7 but lemme warn you, don't you dare kill your horse. That's gonna be some psychological drama inside you and riding another horse will never be the same. Ain't that the truth. You also act like those botanists and collect different plants and let me tell you! I get jollies from finding that plant on my list and using it for whatever. Haven't played this game for awhile but gonna play it again once I get home. You better believe homie Gs. If you ever wanted to experience being a ranger on the in the west during the olden times, this game is for you.
Jesse W.
Belleville, IL
Impatiently waiting for Red Dead two!! Probably one of my all time favorite games. Heavy western vibe, down to liars dice in an old saloon. I definitely can play it over and over because of all of the scavenging and new things to find each time.
Kristle B.
E Bernstadt, KY
Where to start.....RDR was amazing in all aspects. If you are a fan of GTA or other R* games, this one doesn't fall shy of that in any aspect. RDR is a full fledged western game with authentic sounds, themes and characters to interact with thru the wonderful, deep and riveting story. I played this game when it came out and since then i have went back to it several times and went thru the whole story. Also if authentic western storytelling isn't your thing, RDR has a DLC called undead nightmare that is one of the best zombie iterations also, be sure to pick it up too.
Berta M.
Uniontown , OH
RDR plus undead nightmare add on is one of the best games I have played. I enjoy online interactive with other players it brings in a whole new detention of game play. I love hiding and picking off people left and right. This is an excellent tension reliever. It has a very good story line and tends to take a while to get through the game since your decisions and which quest you take can take you into a whole new place. Good or bad it is a great game. I do not suggest it for youngsters since there is blood, violence etc. There are actually two stories, RDR you do your part with the FBI to get back home to your family, in the undead nightmare you are back home and you won't believe what happens.
Iranea F.
Edinburg, TX
This was the first ever xbox game I ever played back then about 3 years ago and it's still my favorite. Each time I loose it or gets scratched I have to buy another one. I highly recommend. When I finished the game at the end there was a little video and I cried so bad I took this game so personally that I was like "I did all this for them and they do this to me" hahha you'd understand if you've played it. The storyline is awesome & interesting. I love this game!!!! I feel like I can do anything. Honestly I love this game so much. You will wanna play for hours.
stephanie b.
This game is so overrated IMO. It's really tedious and there is no point in the missions; like there's missions that aren't even necessary to complete; the worse thing is that you don't know that until you've already wasted your time attempting it. Really boring game.
ethan p.
This is a very fun game about a man and his horse
the Undead Nightmare add-on is a whole other game!
you can travel on train if you'd like but otherwise you have to walk or ride everywhere and there isn't really any quick travel which can get pretty darn old quick
Jonathan C.
Saint George, GA
Red Dead Redemption is a fantastic game and arguably the finest Rockstar has ever produced. The production values are amazingly high, the gameplay is varied, challenging and nearly always a blast and the old West is as alive as any video game world yet seen.
Lauren K.
The Dalles, OR
This game is one of my all time favorites. It's a great game that takes place in the Wild West. It has an amazing storyline, tons of fun missions, interesting side content, and an intriguing character line up. It's pretty much Grand Theft Auto in the Wild West and it's great! If you like open world games with lots of adventure, then you should check this out!
Dana D.
Neenah, WI
How many have at least played the normal mode of this?