Add a Photo

By SWISS MISS
#12 in Hot Cocoa

Simply Cocoa is made with five simple ingredients and is gluten-free. Must be made with hot milk.

Photos (19)
Kayla T.
Kayla T.
Lancaster

This tastes more like "drinking chocolate" or "sipping chocolate" than other store-bought hot cocoa mixes. It doesn't have any weird ingredients or preservatives. It's just good, dark chocolate, and not too sweet. The instructions say to add hot milk to it, but this is what I do: Add about 2 TB cold milk to the mix in your cup. Stir vigorously with fork until all the mix is moistened (just a few seconds) and then add the rest of the cold milk. Stir and microwave until hot and melted. Works better than adding hot milk, in my experience, and you end up with fewer lumps. It's not quite as rich as Bellagio's sipping chocolate, but it's also much cheaper, and perfectly acceptable as a substitute.
Ariel M.
Ariel M.

Kenetrice J.
Kenetrice J.
Jemison, AL

I recently bought a box of Swiss Miss Hot cocoa to enjoy since the weather has finally cooled off here in Alabama. Unfortunately, it wasn't as great as I had remembered it being. The chocolate flavor wasn't as enjoyable and strong tasting as I remember it being. It just seemed like there wasn't enough chocolate in the pack or something. I had to make it work by adding another half pack to the cup and some milk as well.
Karlene C.
Karlene C.
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Ah yes, Swiss Miss!!   This is the true meaning of hot chocolate.  All other brands come to Swiss Miss for advice.  When you use Swiss Miss you don't need to add cream or sugar or any spices to make it taste good.  Water and Swiss Miss and you're good to go!!  You need nothing more ... except for maybe some toasted bagels and cream cheese  :)

Elizabeth N.
Elizabeth N.
Bozeman, MT

I really like the Swiss Miss Simply Cocoa line. The ingredients list is short, which makes me feel like it's a bit healthier than brands filled with chemicals I can't pronounce. It tastes great, too. I received a pack in my stocking a few years ago and have been a repeat customer ever since. The instructions recommend hot milk instead of hot water, which is much tastier.
Shante F.
Shante F.
Cleveland Hts, OH

I normally don't buy a lot of hot cocoa. But one day my brother had came by and brought some Swiss Miss Simply Cocoa Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa mix. I absolutely loved it. It taste very delicious. Not too sweet. But perfect if you have a sweet tooth. Or to warm you up on a cold day. It has a smooth texture . You can use both milk or water. Great product to try:)
Jocelyn L.
Jocelyn L.
Fremont, CA

I have been drinking this hot chocolate mix ever since I was a child. When we went skiing, I would drink this almost everyday. It is sweet, but not too sweet, but be careful to not add too much water, or else it will not taste good. The package suggests adding milk instead of water for a richer taste, but I think that just adding water is rich enough for me.
Bailey M.
Bailey M.
Manhattan, KS

I love a good cup of hot chocolate. Swiss Miss has been my brand since I can remember. It is super easy to use and is great with or without marshmallows. I especially love to use it to make chocolate peanut butter and banana smoothies. I throw a cup of milk, a packet of swiss mix, frozen bananas, and peanut butter in my blender and it is HEAVENLY!
Tangeia S.
Tangeia S.
Belleville, Il

Omg ! This mix is soooo yummy and chocolate-y! Very affordable which is great because it can become addicting lol. Quick and easy to make in the microwave and I love the single sizes for like a kuereg (idk how you spell it, but you get it lol) machine! You can add milk or whatever extras you'd like, but it honestly doesn't need anything!
Aura P.
Aura P.

Chocolate is the best thing in the world. Chocolate in drinkable form? Out of this world. And Swiss Miss is by far the best cocoa mix I've tried. The flavor is so good and it comes in single serve packages that are very convenient when you get a sudden craving. This is something I always need to have on hand.
Amanda V.
Amanda V.
New Haven, VT

Do you like the fact that this is made with only five ingredients?
Adeline P.
Adeline P.
Tavares, FL

So what is everyone's favorite thing to top it off with? The possibilities are endless, right?
Jay A.
Jay A.

Has anyone tried this same product but using water instead of milk? If so, how did it taste?
Jessica C.
Jessica C.
Greenville, PA

Does this have any marshmallows in it
Katelyn S.
Katelyn S.
Dover, PA

How is this compared to the original Swiss Miss? Does it taste better? Looking for something more natural without all the extra preservatives and whatnot added!

Join Now