BY SWISS MISS #17 in Hot Cocoa

Simply Cocoa is made with five simple ingredients and is gluten-free. Must be made with hot milk.

• This looks good, but how does it taste? I am wondering if it's bi...1 Answers
  • Who has tried this hot coco?? Definitely love coco drinks. What...1 Answers
  • This sounds good. Is the dark chocolate bitter at all?1 Answers
Buy on Target*
  • "I add a little bit of real bacon bits to them while they are cooking and they are delicious! " in 1 review
  • "So delicious and chocolaty (making up words here), and is great with some whipped cream on top!" in 1 review
  • "I always buy this for my kids, it's their favorite treat on a cold day!" in 1 review
Shalayna G.
Purvis, MS
Sweet Tooth Expert
I purchased this Swiss Simply Cocoa Dark Chocolate Hot Cocoa because I was curious and wanted to add a little mint for a taste like york peppermint patties. I personally don't like dark chocolate flavor it is too bitter for me but once I added the mint it was quite tasty not perfect but will tweak it and try again. I think dark chocolate is a healthier choice. I add milk to mine because it makes the chocolate more creamy. Winn-Dixie runs this brand buy one get one free around the fall/winter months!
Rachel L.
I have enjoyed this product a lot before. The last box that I bought did not seem to come out as rich but that could have been a fluke. I like this better than normal hot chocolate mixes since it isn’t as sweet and tastes a little more decadent.
Cristin B.
New Castle, PA
Okay honestly I've never been a huge fan of dark chocolate in general. I tried this a few years ago and honestly it tastes so much better than the original Swiss miss. It tastes so yummy and it's great for the fall and winter time. My family usually gets it from my local Walmart and it's very inexpensive. This will be an all time fav of mine.
MELISSA B.
Sweet Tooth Expert
It’s the middle of October and the weather is so unpredictable where I live and my office always seems too cold so a warm cup of cocoa helps warm me up. Sometimes I put this in a cup of coffee as well. It’s a great chocolate pick-me-up when the day has been rough and you need to relax briefly. It’s so simple to make by just adding hot water and stirring. I would recommend this and I will buy this again.
Stacy L.
Millsboro, DE
Sweet Tooth Expert
Delicious got chocolate mix! Tastes so chocolatey and makes a great frozen cocoa shake! This is my go-to cocoa for my family. We don’t mess around with the other stuff. It’s this or homemade, baby!
Kailey P.
Pooler, GA
I love Swiss miss!! They make the best hot chocolate and the dark chocolate one is my all time fave!! I love when hot chocolate is super chocolatey and this one definitely fits the bill! It’s so flavorful and quick and easy to make! Yuummmm
MK J.
Sweet Tooth Expert
I personally like this coco mix better over any other kind. The dark chocolate flavor taste more rich to me and has a more chocolate taste. I also like to pour in a packet with my coffee, it tastes even more rich and it’s really good!
ALISHA V.
Kailua, HI
Love dark chocolate hot cocoa! It's the only cocoa I drink now! I'm a big dark chocolate fan so when I saw this I had to have it! It's so rich and the flavor is really good with hot water or hot milk! Buy this all the time!
Yolanda C.
Whittier, CA
This is supposed to be “dark chocolate” but it honestly just tasted like the original. I’ll try to make it different next time but it was still good. It was very affordable and came with well more than enough packs.
Meredith P.
Pfafftown, NC
there's nothing better than a nice cup of hot chocolate on a cold rainy day to warm you up! i have been using this brand of hot chocolate ever since i was a little girl and it still tastes as amazing as the very first cup i had. i personally like to make mine with milk instead of water because it makes it thicker and creamier and of course who doesn't love marshmallows in their hot chocolate? i wish each packet would contain more marshmallows but regardless it still tastes and smells amazing. sometimes one cup isn't enough! :) i will definitely repurchase this brand and i recommend it to any and all who have not given it a try! your taste buds will thank me later!
Katie K.
Foodie Expert
Does this hot chocolate have a rich taste?
Ana A.
Manassas , VA
Foodie Expert
I want to try this flavor, but is the dark chocolate bitter? I have a hard time with dark chocolate since for the most part is bitter.
Chandra M.
Foodie Expert
I would like to try this but was wondering if it would be better to use milk or water? I want a creamier hot chocolate not chocolate flavored water.
Azra K.
Albany, NY
Foodie Expert
Does this taste bitter or tart?
Katelyn R.
Logan, WV
Foodie Expert
I've never tried the Dark chocolate flavor. I've only had the regular hot cocoa and I love it.