BY SWISS MISS #32 in Cocoa

!Sorry, this product has been discontinued.

Swiss Miss® Sensible sweets™ Diet Hot Cocoa Mix.

25 calories per serving.

We use real milk from Wisconsin.

Per 1 envelope serving.

Buy on Walmart*
april n.
Forest Lake, MN
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 1
This is my favorite brand of hot chocolate & by far my favorite kind. It’s amazing how it is considered “light” and tastes exactly like regular hot chocolate. Even if you’re an avid hot chocolate drinker, I think this could fool you!

Personally, I prefer my hot chocolate to be mixed with soy milk or water, as I am lactose intolerant. It doesn’t make the hot chocolate taste any different or any less yummy!

What I love most about this hot chocolate is that I can enjoy it without feeling guilty about enjoying it. There’s 25 calories per serving and 2g of sugar. In a regular hot chocolate, there is 100+ calories per serving and 19g of sugar in it. Which to me, is a huge deal! It’s nice to know that there is alternatives to hot chocolate in the winter time when all I want to do is cuddle up with a blanket and a movie.

The one downfall of this product I will say though - is that it is hard to get it to mix up all the way! Most hot chocolate is hard to mix up, but this takes some serious patience to mix it up completely. Though, the end result is definitely worth it!

I would suggest this if you haven’t tried it and are on a plan such as weight watchers and still want to enjoy hot chocolate! Or you want a low calorie version of it!
Britan D.
It's become a running gag in my family that "diet hot cocoa tastes like sadness" from the one time that we bought/tried it. Unlike a traditional hot cocoa packet, you're definitely going to have to jazz this one up to make it edible—in which case you should just get the regular hot cocoa, which isn't all that bad in terms of calories/sugar.
Samantha A.
Schaumburg, IL
My first purchase was the assortment (milk choc, rich choc and milk choc w/marsmallows) but not for my use. I was planning ahead and wanted to add some of the packets with each Christmas gift I was giving to homes with children. Snowman 'tea' pots with matching snowman mugs, complete with 'lids' or heads with top hats. I also wanted some of envelopes of instant soup & noodles to throw into the empty pot just to show that the 'tea' pot wasn't actually for the adults' use or just for tea, but more for the kids after school snacks. No 'boiling water' for the cocoa; just hot water, stir and drink. However, I would never give a gift of an item I hadn't tasted myself, so I did. Now, I'm hooked. My favorite is the Rich Chocolate because if/when I do eat chocolate, it has to be dark, dark, dark. This 'rich' choice is heavenly. I did like the other two varieties also, the milk chocolate and the milk chocolate with the tiny marshmallows (that actually look like 2mm pebbles, but they are white and they do float...)

In any event, I liked this stuff so much that I even tried mixing 2 flavors: i.e., milk choc and the rich - still good. Needless to say, I am back here to order more (and put it on Subscribe and Save) as the colder weather is coming and this is going to be a nice break from all the tea I drink.

Pour envelope (or two) into a cup/mug. (One envelope requires only 3/4 Cup hot water, so if you're looking for an adult-sized coffee mug full, use two envelopes and double the water). I don't even measure the water anymore: just two envelopes and fill my mug about 3/4" from the top. I like using a whisk to mix it up because it creates a bit of froth on the top that sticks to my upper lip and brings back great childhood memories!
MaKayah L.
Edon, Ohio
If for some reason you need diet hot chocolate I think you're likely better off not drinking hot chocolate because the experience is overall disappointing compared to the regular stuff. But honestly, this isn't too bad if you make it with milk. You should always make hot chocolate with a milk of your choice anyway because water makes it bland and upsetting. It is reasonably chocolatey but obviously diet which balances out for something passable but still leaving something to desired. But seriously: make your hot chocolate with milk.
Jennifer S.
This is a great chocolate treat for me on my KETO diet. Low carbs make this a guilt free cup of warm chocolaty goodness. Perfect for cold winter nights. The cocoa powder is a little hard to dissolve if using a Keurig or microwave. I have started using a stove tea pot and it makes the water hot enough to dissolve the cocoa. BEWARE OF THE NO SUGAR VERSION. SENSIBLE SWEET IS LOW FAT, SUGAR & CARBS
Samantha S.
Staten Island, NY
I'm not often in the mood for hot chocolate but on those cold, snowy winter days when you wake up and theres no school, the very first thing I do is take out the hot chocolate! I love buying the packets because they're already pre-portioned so I don't have to worry about how much I'm putting. Also, make sure to ALWAYS mix your hot chocolate into milk, don't be the person to mix it into water because it will NOT taste good no matter what mix you use. Swiss Miss is a classic and I love all of their mixes, but the milk chocolate and marshmallow are my favorites!
Chadwick Kawai E.
Waianae, HI
I am a 10th grader and have become particularly concerned with my nutritional habits over the past couple of years because my father is on the verge of becoming diabetic. In hopes of avoiding gaining the "freshman fifteen" this year and in maintaining my dietary goals, I've stocked up on Swiss Miss Diet Hot Cocoa Mix. It provides me with the sweet fix I need when I'm craving chocolate and don't want to calorie splurge.

I used to be a Starbucks junkie, and before my dietary turnaround, I downed my grande (16 ounces) Starbucks Signature Hot chocolate as if it was water. When I became aware that my formerly innocent, non-fat, no-whip, winter refreshment still had 410 calories and 42 grammes of sugar in it, I began my search for a better alternative. In discovering Swiss Miss Diet Hot Cocoa Mix, now I am able to get an even greater satisfaction with the 25-calorie miracle packet that transforms plain water into my favourite treat.

Without the addition of milk, it is essential to add a large spoonful of Splenda to reach optimal taste. When I first tried the mix without artificial sweeteners and mixed with only water, I was very disappointed at how bland the flavour was. However, now, with a heap of Splenda, a Swiss Miss Diet Hot Cocoa Mix packet, and a mug of steaming water, I claim victory in taste and nutrition.

I began buying Swiss Miss Diet Hot Cocoa when I found it at my local grocery store, Pavilions. It would cost around $5.25 a box, and with six packets in each box, around 88 cents per packet. At Amazon.com, I am able to purchase the mix in bulk and in purchasing a case of six boxes, each packet costs me 31 cents, saving me 57 cents per packet.

Some reviewers have claimed that the hot cocoa clumps up in mixing it with water. This has occurred to me several times when my water was too hot. Avoid boiling hot water, and stir as you pour the water into the mug with the hot cocoa mix and Splenda already in it, and you should no longer encounter this problem.

I have experimented with using sugar-free chocolate syrups to make hot cocoa instead of using a mix and have been highly disappointed with the results. The syrup does not mix as well, and the texture of the hot cocoa is too thin, especially if just mixing the syrup in water.

After a long day of studying in the library and a snowy trek back to my dorm, a mug of Swiss Miss Diet Hot Cocoa with a heap of Splenda and a spritz of cinnamon is my always highly anticipated reward.
Amanda J.
Rochester, MN
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 1
I love the Swiss Miss Sensible Sweets Hot Cocoa! It still gives you the warm, delicious, and satisfying pleasure of a cup of hot cocoa, without all of the calories! This is a great alternative to regular hot cocoa if you're trying to be healthier or lose a few pounds (I am)! This product tastes so good and definitely cures my sweet tooth as well as calms and comforts me. Perfect for a Fall or Winter day. It is affordable and you can find it at your local grocery store. I highly recommend!
Ty S.
Lawrenceville , VA
I love hot chocolate but it's high in calories. I found this and it's only 25 calories per pack. I've made this with water and almond milk. I love it both ways. It's not vegan but I'm okay with that. It's no fat and only 2 grams of sugar. It does have 160mg of sodium. I'm okay with too. I will buy this from now on. It's easier than making it with real cocoa powder.
Rebecca S.
Sioux Falls, SD
Good flavor, great value, easy! Love that Swiss Miss makes such a great product. I find that they are quick to just throw in the microwave and heat up a nice cup of hot chocolate. I think they are extremely affordable, yet still quite delicious. I would definitely recommend to others.
Cassandra M.
Does this taste as rich as regular Swiss Miss? Is it noticeably "diet" when drinking?
Laura L.
Charlotte
Does this taste different than the regular/ non-diet?
Gina M.
Manassas, VA
Anyone know how many weight watchers smart points this counts as ? Thanks !
Maria M.
Atlanta, GA
El savor de este producto es bueno? Mi pregunta es potque como es de dieta no creo que tenga mucho sabor
Una M.
Fort Collins, CO
Does the diet hot chocolate taste different than the regular or is it just as delicious?!