BY SWEETWATER BLUE #72 in Beer

Sweetwater Blue Beer
  • "The blueberry flavor is not at all overwhelming or too sweet -- you still get the flavor of drinking beer." in 12 reviews
  • "My favorite beer - it has an actual blueberry taste that is so refreshing and light but its not too overpowering." in 7 reviews
  • "The taste is a light blueberry flavor with an even lighter barley malt." in 3 reviews
Maria R.
SO GOOD!!!!!!!! Before I found out I had celiac disease this was always one of my go to beers. Sweetwater brews delicious beers and the hint of blueberry in this really makes a worlds difference. If you haven't tried this then DO IT. Also, the Sweetwater Goin' Coastal is another favorite. It has a hint of pineapple flavor so for any of my fellow beer drinkers, try that as well!
kayla k.
Kenner, LA
Had this on tap at a grand opening for a nightclub bowling alley.The appearance is clean but cloudy golden color.The smell was fantastic,hints of blueberry along with some lemon and maybe raspberries.The taste to me was outstanding.The blueberry was at the prominent and this beer was smooth.

Alcohol by volume (ABV): 4.90%
Corinne M.
I've never been a fan of flavored beer but this beer is a wonderful exception. This is nothing like Wild Blue, which has so much blueberry flavor it's pretty much purple. The blueberry flavor in Sweetwater Blue is light, not overpowering, making it very easy to drink. This is definitely a summer must-have.
Megan P.
Dickson, TN
This is my perfect summer or #backyardbash beer!!! It is light and has the perfect tint of blueberry taste without being too overly sweet! The blueberry is not overwhelming so you can pair your beer with any burgers, chicken, or steak that you might be grilling! It's always a big hit when I have it around!
Jessica R.
Ridgeley, WV
I absolutely LOVE Sweet Water brewery company. The Blue beer is one of my boyfriend's favorite. Even though it's sweetened with blueberries, it doesn't taste sweet like you'd think. It has a light sweetness and finish with a hint of hops. If you're looking for a spring/summer beer, go on and grab ya one!
Heidi L.
I tend to stay away from fruity beers, but this is one I will enjoy occasionally. Wheat beer that you can really get taste a taste of blueberry when drinking. Sweetwater makes some of my most favorite brews. I would reccomnend this to someone who is new to beer. Sweet, but not overpowering.
Nikki H.
Myrtle Beach, SC
This is by far my favorite beer. The blueberry is very present but it doesn't add as much sweetness which I like. You still have that great beer flavor. It's great if you can find it on tap but always get a sample first. Sometimes the tap can be hit or miss.
Kara M.
Charlotte, NC
By far my favorite summertime beer! Just the right amount of blueberry flavor without being too much or too little. Tastes even better topped with some fresh blueberries! Sometimes it can be hard to find in stores, but when I find it I make sure to stock up!
Temple B.
Paducah, KY
This is my new favorite beer. It has a wonderful taste of blueberry that isn't too overpowering that it makes it too sweet. It is a very refreshing beer and the best blueberry beer on the market. Sweetwater definitely nailed it with this beer.
Magan C.
Marietta, GA
You're gotta have sips in the backyard!!! I am a Georgia girl so it is no brainer that Sweet Water is one of my favorite beers. This beer is a lighter beer with a crisp taste but, it is a bit poppy. I like to drink mine with a slice of orange!
Lauren K.
Longwood, FL
Is the blueberry flavor too overwhelming?
Kelsey J.
Carrollton, GA
Have you tried any of the other Sweetwater beers?
melissa h.
Palm Bay, Fl
How does this compare to the other blueberry ales? More or less blueberry flavor?
Samantha S.
Atlanta, GA
What is your other favorite Sweetwater flavor?
Dom B.
Lansing, MI
Where is this brewed and where can it be purchased?