BY SWEETWATER BLUE #85 in Beer

Sweetwater Blue Beer
  • "The blueberry flavor is not at all overwhelming or too sweet -- you still get the flavor of drinking beer." in 12 reviews
  • "My favorite beer - it has an actual blueberry taste that is so refreshing and light but its not too overpowering." in 7 reviews
  • "The taste is a light blueberry flavor with an even lighter barley malt." in 3 reviews
Melissa T.
Greensboro, NC
Happy Hour Expert Level 4
Absolutely delicious!!! I've worked in the craft beer industry for several years giving me the chance to try so many different brands/styles. Sweetwater is definitely one of my favorite breweries and Sweetwater Blue is in my top 3 out off all craft beers!!! It's an ale so on the lighter side then has a hint of blueberries giving it the perfect flavor! Highly recommend!
Giselle F.
Lombard, IL
Happy Hour Expert Level 1

I first had sweet water while at the ATL airport leaving from work training. It is a little sweet in the after taste, but it a very easy beer to drink. Very smooth and when its ice cold, there is nothing like it. I just wish it was easier to find out here.
Ana C.
Peachtree Cor, GA
I would give 5 stars, but once i moved to Atlanta, with no doubt I would say this is my favorite beer, but after living for 2 years there, and coming back to Brazil and missing the taste of blueberries in my beer I could find another beer with the same flavor, so I felt bummed because my favorite beer was just a "regular"blueberry beer. But it's still tastes awesome, specially super cold during the summer, I wouldn't trade for another one!
Maria R.
SO GOOD!!!!!!!! Before I found out I had celiac disease this was always one of my go to beers. Sweetwater brews delicious beers and the hint of blueberry in this really makes a worlds difference. If you haven't tried this then DO IT. Also, the Sweetwater Goin' Coastal is another favorite. It has a hint of pineapple flavor so for any of my fellow beer drinkers, try that as well!
Megan P.
Dickson, TN
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
This is my perfect summer or #backyardbash beer!!! It is light and has the perfect tint of blueberry taste without being too overly sweet! The blueberry is not overwhelming so you can pair your beer with any burgers, chicken, or steak that you might be grilling! It's always a big hit when I have it around!
Corinne M.
Happy Hour Expert Level 4
I've never been a fan of flavored beer but this beer is a wonderful exception. This is nothing like Wild Blue, which has so much blueberry flavor it's pretty much purple. The blueberry flavor in Sweetwater Blue is light, not overpowering, making it very easy to drink. This is definitely a summer must-have.
kayla k.
Kenner, LA
Had this on tap at a grand opening for a nightclub bowling alley.The appearance is clean but cloudy golden color.The smell was fantastic,hints of blueberry along with some lemon and maybe raspberries.The taste to me was outstanding.The blueberry was at the prominent and this beer was smooth.

Alcohol by volume (ABV): 4.90%
Lexi C.
Nashville, TN
Happy Hour Expert Level 3
Sweetwater Blue and Sweetwater 420 are two of my favorite beers. 420 is very hoppy, while Blue has a mild, lite taste, with hints of blueberry. This is the beer I always recommend to my friends who say they "don't like beer." It gets 'em every time. Cheers!
Jessica R.
Ridgeley, WV
Happy Hour Expert Level 3
I absolutely LOVE Sweet Water brewery company. The Blue beer is one of my boyfriend's favorite. Even though it's sweetened with blueberries, it doesn't taste sweet like you'd think. It has a light sweetness and finish with a hint of hops. If you're looking for a spring/summer beer, go on and grab ya one!
Heidi L.
I tend to stay away from fruity beers, but this is one I will enjoy occasionally. Wheat beer that you can really get taste a taste of blueberry when drinking. Sweetwater makes some of my most favorite brews. I would reccomnend this to someone who is new to beer. Sweet, but not overpowering.
Lauren K.
Longwood, FL
Is the blueberry flavor too overwhelming?
Kelsey J.
Carrollton, GA
Have you tried any of the other Sweetwater beers?
melissa h.
Palm Bay, Fl
How does this compare to the other blueberry ales? More or less blueberry flavor?
Samantha S.
Atlanta, GA
What is your other favorite Sweetwater flavor?
Dom B.
Lansing, MI
Where is this brewed and where can it be purchased?