Sweaty Bands Headband uploaded by Adrianne B.Sweaty Bands Headband uploaded by Adrianne B.

BY SWEATY BANDS

• Are they stretchy? 6 Answers
  • I've been looking for a headband that actually stays on m...1 Answers
  • Why does everyone like this brand?? What makes it so popu...1 Answers
Sweaty Bands Headband
  • "After deciding that bangs weren't my jam after all (at least not for running and the gym), I discovered that most headbands fly right out of my super-fine hair." in 5 reviews
  • "The girls love that they stay put, but they also are really cute and stylish!" in 5 reviews
  • "They look super cute with a teased pony tail or over a side part pulled into a low side pony." in 5 reviews
Stephanie W.
Tampa, FL
After seeing so many women in love with Sweaty Bands, I purchased a couple more myself. I got them online directly from the company, but apparently they're available at Nordstrom as well. I've worn two of them: a plain white and a glittery black.

The good: They do what they say. The first time I put one on, I was sure it was going to slip backwards and off my head, but it stayed put through my whole run.

There's a lot of color/design choices, so if you're putting together a running costume, this is a good way to keep within your color scheme and keep your hair out of your face.

I've taken to wearing them around the house because they're more comfortable than normal headbands/barrettes. Unfortunately I think I'm going to have to stop this so they'll fit when I'm actually running (more on that below).

The bad:
Anyone with very moderate sewing skills could take one look at a Sweaty Band and know exactly how to make it. For costing $15-$18 a piece, I thought it would be more than a length of ribbon, a textured backing, and a piece of elastic. You can buy the EXACT same thing from shops on Etsy for much less.

While my bands still fit, I wore my bands less than ten times before I could tell they were stretching out. The elastic has already lost some of it's tension. They still work fine and don't slip, but I really can't say if that will continue.

After noticing how inexpensive a band like this could be (especially if you're capable of sewing a few straight lines), I wondered what all the fuss is about. Bloggers have been touting these like they're the second coming. Took about two minutes to realize that the blogs showing up first in searches were all doing paid/sponsored reviews. Nothing wrong with that, but it does make me question exactly how honest those opinions are vs. who just wanted to keep getting free stuff and blog hits.

Basically, there's nothing terribly wrong with Sweaty Bands. The ones I have are cute, and they do keep my hair out of my face, and that's what they're supposed to be and do. However, I can go elsewhere and get three of the same thing, sans a brand name/popularity marker, for the same price.
Ashley P.
I run
marathons regularly so I need to keep my hair and especially those baby hairs
out of my face. Came across Sweaty Bands at an expo and have been hooked ever
since. I haven’t ran a marathon without a Sweaty bands since 2014!
Amanda U.
Philadelphia, PA
Fashionista Expert Level 1
This has to be my favorite head band not only for working out but also for on the go when I don’t feel like doing my hair. They are snug but do not pull out my hair which I like because others I’ve found hurt after a while. I will def be buying again in the future!
Megahn G.
An avid buyer from Sweaty Bands; about every 3-6 months. Not only for myself but friends and family. Everyone around me LOVES THEM! Very intrigued and impressed with their new design capabilities. Just about every time I'm in the mood to buy a new one, a new design concept is out and ready for purchase!
Britney V.
Lake Charles , LA
I first saw these at Nordstorms! I purchased one on sale and loved it! I then got a few more online. They have never slipped during workouts and do not hurt my head. Sooo many cute prints to choose from!
Jordan M.
As a
personal trainer, I’m continuously pushing my clients to do better and achieve
greater results. Most of my clients are women and because I know looks are
extremely important in the female world (even when working out), every time they
finish a course, they receive a Sweaty Band.
It’s a great way for my female clients to feel accomplished and look
good while working out.
Lana L.
Super new to
this review thing BUT I just wanted to comment on how awesome Sweaty Bands are.
I have 3 now. They seriously don’t fall off my head, the brand offers multiple
colors and themes and you can wear the head to work out or not to work out.
I've been a Sweaty Bands customer for about 3 years now and
I couldn't be happier with their choices of material, partnerships, and overall
brand look. For example, with their partnership with American Heritage Girls.
Keep up the great works guys!
Taylor M.
I appreciate
how empowering the Sweaty Bands brand is to all women/girls. Recently just
started following their social media. Super cool posts! Not to mention how
almost every week there’s an update on a sale or new style that comes out.
Jamie M.
Los Angeles, CA

I've been a loyal Sweaty Bands customer for over a year and a half now. Their products are outstanding! Material is strong, designs are always fun, and causes such as Girls on the Run (just warms my heart). Love these two companies. Keep up the great work guys!

Jordana L.
Apopka, FL
Do these come in different styles or colors?
Anna W.
New Zealand
Are they stretchy?
Brandi G.
S Chesterfld, VA
Do these stay in place? I find it hard to find a brand that won't move around!
Shannon D.
Do you tend to use this product for working out or more of a casual style? The name implies working out, but I worry that they aren't strong enough to hold during movement.
Jessica W.
Sheridan, AR
These are $15 for one headband! Is that worth the price?