Super Mario 3D Land uploaded by Victoria R.Super Mario 3D Land uploaded by Mel A.Super Mario 3D Land uploaded by Glenys M.

BY SUPER MARIO 3D LAND #20 in Nintendo Games

Mario can perform a rolling somersault attack or run fast with a dash move. Or, as Tanooki Mario, he can use his tail to hover, perform floating jumps or attacks. New enemies include Goombas with tails, tall stacks of Goombas and a Piranha Plant that spits ink to obscure a players view. New and familiar abilities add unique game-play strategies to the adventure 3D visuals make it easier for players to judge the depths and distances in their environments. Players can more accurately judge the jump to the next platform or how far Mario is from a question block. The Circle Pad gives players complete control to confidently move Mario through fun and challenging environments. see more...

Super Mario 3D Land
  • "I got it and I don't regret my purchase since it is a fun game to play when I'm bored but don't want to play anything serious." in 13 reviews
  • "Top it all off with great music and the spruced up familiar sound effects and this is a really fun portable game that anyone can enjoy." in 9 reviews
  • "I love any thing Mario I grew up with all the Mario games and even though time changes and so does the games and tasks of it there always fun to play and so much fun to play with other people to I enjoy the ninteno games if you never played a Mario game check em out :)" in 9 reviews
  • "The main worlds are great, and the extra suits really add some interesting game play elements; and its nice to see Nintendo honor the memory of Super Mario Brothers 3 by including the Tanooki suit." in 6 reviews
  • "Obviously, being a new game, this is not going to be the same as the Mario games I grew up playing, but it is still a great game." in 5 reviews
Darlene R.
Brimley
Gamer Expert Level 1
Yeah this game is a little bit challenging then the first game, it seems like each game is getting harder. I love Mario games, so I like the challenge. Most of the games are so fun yes I would recommend this game to everyone.
Leah T.
Gainesville , FL
I really enjoyed the graphics of this game, as well as the 3-D option. The game itself is a fun twist on the regular super Mario games, just with the added fun of 3-D graphics and different stages. Overall, I really liked this game and recommend it to others.
Jamee L.
Garden City, ID
Very good game in 3D format, semi-typical platform mario style fun. One of my fave 3ds games. Fun levels, challenging and playable by all ages. 3DS games are a little more affordable now than when they came out but I would recommend buying used.
Kathleen C.
There's something about this game that's just not as great as many other Mario titles. I'm not quite sure why that is. It may just be because Mario seems to play much better as a 2d side scrolling game than as a 3d game. Now don't get me wrong. This game is fun if you need to kill time. However, it's not my first choice game when given the option. It's more like a game that I prefer to play in small doses. I think the main reason is because the game doesn't feel as challenging as it could be. I say this as someone who normally dies a lot in Mario games because I'm just that bad at them. However, playing this game, I very rarely died which just surprised me a good bit. It felt in some ways more casual. Now yes, some could argue that Mario has always been a casual game. I'll agree with that statement to an extent. However, there comes a point when a games too casual to the point where it's too easy. I think Super Mario 3d Land ALMOST reaches that point of being too casual. Despite this, the game is still fun and enjoyable. I think kids would really enjoy this game because while it's not hard enough for me, it may be for them.

Now, onto the point of the 3D. I'll admit I'm not a fan of the 3D that the 3DS provides. It makes me dizzy and I don't recommend playing games with it on. With this game however, I think the 3d works. I don't use it much, however, it doesn't make me dizzy like other games do. I also found that sometimes I needed the 3d on because I would get confused as to how far away something was. So in that aspect, the 3d was helpful. The graphics look gorgeous as well with the 3D both on and off, so that's always a plus.

Overall though, I recommend this game if you want to play something to kill time. Otherwise, it may not be the best game to get. I got it and I don't regret my purchase since it is a fun game to play when I'm bored but don't want to play anything serious.
Gladys A.
Super Mario 3d Land is a complete joy to play. The controls are simple, the wide variety of levels are fun and the 3D visuals really enhance the beautiful graphics. Top it all off with great music and the spruced up familiar sound effects and this is a really fun portable game that anyone can enjoy.

Even though this is a 3D Mario title, it pays homage to previous linear side-scrolling Mario adventures including the original Super Mario on the NES. Each level ends with a flag pole. Some tunes are based on previous Mario games. There are also a lot more brick and "?" blocks than seen in previous 3D Mario games. It really feels like home, as if it's a logical progression between Super Mario World's linear gameplay style and Super Mario 64's open-ended objective based goal system.
This game utilizes the 3DS in creative ways. Some levels allow you to scope out the levels using a viewing system controlled by the system's motion sensors. The system's response to motion is very accurate. The 3D effect is also used very creatively. I couldn't help but smile the first time I hit a "?" block in true 3D! While the game can be played with the 3D effect turned off, many areas in the game all but require it to judge the depth of some platforms.
The first few worlds are really fun but also very easy. The difficulty increases as you go and some challenges are pretty tough. For inexperienced players there are a few mechanisms to help you along if you get stuck so don't give up!
Overall this is a great game suitable for just about any game player.
Kristie A.
Gamer Expert Level 1
Super Mario 3D Land is the best Mario game ever. My kids love it and so do I. The best feature is the graphics. It's similar to other Mario games but much better. It's fun and enjoyable. I can play I fire hours and not he bored. I highly recommend it to all gamers.
Renee s.
Kokomo, IN
Well i had very high expectation since this game was quite expensive and it meet all of them its actually several games/activities in one game and you cam make your own mario course
Pip S.
Denver, CO
This game is fun. I used to play this on my Nintendo 3DS when I was younger and I loved it because I grew up playing Mario Super Brothers on the Nintendo NES. I found it fun and a good way to pass time especially on road trips and waiting in line for something.
Malary G.
Gamer Expert Level 1
Great products for sure !
Influenster
Jessika G.
Cartersville, GA
Really love the game but honestly doesn't look good on the 2ds. Played it on the 3ds and it looks so much better! I would recommend it for 3ds or XL Ds because it's so small but has a lot of details smashed into it
Brett H.
Framingham, MA
Is this game good for my 10 year old brother?
Brianna D.
Garner, NC
Whats everyone's fav Mario game? do you prefer playing on the TV or portable device?
Nikauly B.
Where to buy a not very costly??
Amber B.
Elsie, MI
How does this game compare to New Super Mario Bros for Wii U? My kids already have that and want this, is it worth buying?
Carley B.
I had all the gameboys growing up & I do miss playing mario from time to time. I was wonder if the games are as good as they used to be and if the gameboys now a days are worth buying?