Super 8 Motel uploaded by Tomisina L.

BY SUPER 8 MOTEL

Super 8 Motel
  • "It's a good place to stay if you're if looking for a cheap place to stay, but it's in need of a facelift and smells like smoke." in 6 reviews
  • "I have stayed at one last minute in the middle of nowhere and it was terrible, but I have also stayed at one in a really good area and the room was really nice. " in 5 reviews
Kristen B.
Stayed at the location in Boone, North Carolina and was pleasantly surprised by the quality! It was about $60 a night for a room for three people, and it was way cleaner and better maintained than other motels at that price point. We got snowed in and the front desk had a selection of board games that guests could use. The only con is that the pool is freezing, despite the hotel staff insisting that it was heated to the max. It would have been nice to be able to swim in a warm pool while snowed into the motel, but it’s not a must.
Krystal C.
Corinth, TX
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Unfortunately because of these hotels being franchised they do not have to keep up the standards for the hotel. The room was in need of a lot of repairs and the breakfast that is raved about with make your own waffles are not even there and the smallest cups ever for coffee or juice.
Tomisina L.
Onalaska, WI
We stayed at the LaCrosse, WI loaction and I would give it a 4 but when we checked in on Friday the hot tub was working however it was like a foot shallower then what it should be. It was me my fiance and my stepson. My stepson really enjoyed the hot tub that first night and was very upset that it was broken the next day. The gentleman that was repairing it said that it should be open by 5pm on Saturday it never opened again until after we left. The pool and hot tub were the main reasons I booked that hotel other then the fact it was very close to my stepson's mother. The room was clean and no bed bugs thankfully. For 2 nights I spent like 150.00 plus I had to pay an additional 10 for a roll a way bed for my stepson. The breakfast was even decent the next morning and the staff was friendly. I would probably stay here again but I would call and find out if everything was working before I purchased me room.
Nicole B.
Had a terrible experience in Dallas at a super 8. But had a great experience at another one in Dallas. Hit or miss. Independent owners don’t have to keep hotels up.
kelly s.
Burbank, IL
For new years we head to Eagle River, Wi. Temperatures get pretty cold up there so while our cabin is heating up we always stay at the Super 8 - Eagle River for the first night. The prices are always extremely reasonable. It's usually not busy at all. They have free complimentary breakfast. There is a pool and a hot tub. I love that there are windows surrounding the pool we once had a deer walk right up to the window. Totally gave it that "north woods" feel. We have been going for 2 years now and were about to make it our third. Definitely a good time!!
Annette M.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I was introduced to Super 8 motels as a employee and worked for the brand for 3 years. The company trains wach employee to take pride in their work, from the front desk to housekeeping. The main focus is on a customer. 8 years after I left the company, that still holds true for the brand. It also helps to be a part of their trip rewards program to earn free nights.
Gail D.
Philadelphia, PA
I stayed here one night after a long night out. It was an ok motel. clean, nothing too dirty. When I go there I was greeted by the window by a really nice lady. I was drunk so i most likely was annoying and she was super nice. It was really affordable to. I would stay there again if i needed to.
Iris R.
BROOKLYN, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
My husband and I stood in one of this motels in Atlantic City, well near to and gambled and it was disgusting the tug was wet and the bathroom stank horribly. We ended up leaving the place because they did not hae anything else available. We ended up spending the night in the casinos playing all night
Caitlin H.
Minneapolis, MN
I stayed at A super 8 for my friends wedding in a small town in iowa. I was honestly expecting the worst but when we got there the room was very clean, smelled nice and looked well maintained. However, the AC did go out in the middle of the night and at the peak of july that is just unacceptable.
Lauren W.
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
We used to stay in this hotel chain all the time when we went to visit my family. They lived in a very small town and this was the only hotel to choose from. The rooms were dated and fairly clean. You get what you pay for. They had "free breakfast" that consisted of stale donuts.
Chamruong J.
Edmonton, AB
I've never stayed at one…are they gross?
Sharima W.
Freeport, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Do people actually stay at motels
Vanessa c.
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Do they have any bedbugs?
jeseca n.
Jonesboro, GA
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Is this a good motel to stay in?
Mary O.
How is this motel? I always hear negative things about motels in general