Sunmaid Raisin Cinnamon Swirl Bread

What is that powdery white stuff in the middle creases of each slice of bread.? Is it mold? Is it safe to eat? Please answer.
Who else likes this bread?
Where can I find this bread?
Start your review of Sunmaid Raisin Cinnamon Swirl Bread!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
taste great with butter and toasted!in reviews
It is great toasted with peanut butter and honey on it, both of my children will eat it daily!in reviews
member-53c3b1
I almost threw the whole loaf away because with all the tampering nowadays....luckily l went online to confirm! I would have to say if u don’t toast it, it will taste stale....l mean they double wrapped back in the for some reason, right...don’t like change!
member-22f601
I do not like that the bread is not double wrapped. Initially I thought something was wrong that it was possibly a mistake without wrapping until I went online. The taste is definitely different. I will not be buying again.
member-c9a7d1
Since you quit using the celliphane rap the bread is now stale. I used to love this bread.  I just don't like stale bread.  I now buy Pepperidge Farm brand
member-84821
Product quality is suffering due to the lack of double wrapping.  I also believe it is more unsafe.  The bread is squished now and I don't appreciate tbeir obvious cost cutting.  May now reconsider this bread.
Holly L.
Spokane, WA
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 5
Purchased at: Dollar Tree
I absolutely love this raisin bread. It's delicious. Plus, if you toast it then put some butter or peanut butter on it, it tastes even better.
member-b22c1
Super dissapointed! My husband brought my usually soft delicious bread home and it was stale. I was surprised because this has not happened in the 50+ years my family has been buying this bread. I called the store to make sure no one tampered with the bread and they confirmed it is no longer double wrapped. I searched online and reconfirmed the company stopped double wrapping. OH NOOO!!
Ron G.
Santa Monica
Sunmaid Raisin Cinnamon Swirl Bread uploaded by Ron G.
I make two pieces of raisin toast each week for my mother-in-law to take in to her hair dresser. For the past few months, I've noticed that Sun Maid has changed their packaging. Instead of the loaves being double-wrapped, they've eliminated the inner wrap and use a twist tie. That causes the loaves to come out squished looking, and the bread slices seems smaller than before. Is Sun Maid trying to save money on their packaging? It's making their product suffer. Too bad they seem to be the only brand.
Edit: I contacted Sun Maid on their Facebook page and they said they removed the inner wrap to reduce the amount of plastic in the environment. I also let them know about the loaves coming out squished, and the latest loaf that I bought seems to be back to normal, so upping my stars to 4. The only other problem is that sometimes you get big air hole pockets in the bread, so the slices will sometimes have big holes in them.
jill B.
Palm Bay, FL
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 3
I just love sunmaid raisen cinnamon swirl bread that i could probubly eat the whole entire loaf one piece after another. I love to put this in the toaster on a semi light setting and let the raisens get warm and you can smell the cinnamon just waifting into the air. Yum
member-fa9441
I have begin not to like this Sun maid raisin bread.  Notice changes but could not  quite put my finger on it. Do not care for how it currently packaged. Suppose to be raisin bread too many slices have little or no raisins. Something is now lacking in quality. First I thought 1 loaf but it happening too frequently. I was buying 3 to 4 loaves a month. It was the best. Will try to find another brand because this is no longer what it use to be, the best.

marie W.
yes yes yes Raisin cinnamon Bread tastes so good and if it's toasted it's really good and my kids love it as well and also with jelly, the best try you will love it