Sunday River Ski Resort uploaded by Courtney W.

BY SUNDAY RIVER SKI RESORT

Sunday River Ski Resort
  • "This ski area is one of the best in the east coast and total different atmosphere compared to other ski areas." in 5 reviews
Francesca P.
Peabody, MA
Sunday River is my favorite ski resort.  From the lodging and dining options to the variety of slopes, I have nothing but positive experiences. Their customer service was great.  I have participated in both their learn to ski and learn to snowboard programs and both were wonderful. Highly recommend!
Alaina Bernadine K.
Bisbee, AZ
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
I used to live down the road from here but never got to actually stay there and ski until moving to Boston. The area is simply gorgeous whether winter, spring, summer, or fall and there is so much to do even if you aren't skiing or snowboarding. The restaurants are pretty good and they have a really great outdoor hot tub which you can still enjoy as ice covers the patio (they want you to swim to get there, but eh... we braved the ice). The only bad experience I had there was that my ski instructor kept yelling at me for not being able to keep up with the rest of the group. It was my first time skiing and I let them know about issues I had with one of my shoulders before I began, but he just did not care. There was another woman in the class who told all of us - including the instructor - that she used to ski and was using the beginner's class as a refresher... yet he kept comparing me and other beginners to her (some of them left early). In the end my fiance ended up teaching me how to ski and I quite enjoyed the trails. The rest of the staff we encountered was very friendly and that one bad experience aside we remember our times at Sunday River fondly (I can only imagine he's gone by now as that particular experience was a few years ago). For dinner I strongly recommend The Phoenix and their amazing fettuccine alfredo dish.
Jamie M.
Windham, ME
I live in Maine and love the skiing all over! Sunday River is one of my favorites due to the size of the ski area. With multiple peaks to choose from, there is a seemingly endless supply of trails to ski/board. Another benefit of multiple peaks is that even though there may be a large amount of people at the resort that day, it doesn't seem to affect the lift lines and terrain parks as much as smaller resorts.

I have also stayed at the resort for vacations in the past. I LOVED staying here. I wish I could remember where we stayed because it was amazing, but it was so long ago since we stayed there.

If you don't know your way around the mountains, make sure you keep a map in your jacket pocket! It's VERY easy to start on one mountain and by the end of your run finish a few mountains over from where you started. It's all part of the experience, and if you happen to forget your map, there are lift attendants and ski patrol that can help direct you back to your starting point!!
Elizabeth H.
Durham, NH
This is a really good east coast ski place. There are 8 mountains and a variety of trails. Once you get off the main trails they are not crowded and you can board or ski with out little kids bombing around. Good place no matter if you are just learning or experienced. I learned how to ski with the three day lesson combo and it was awesome. After the three days I decided I wanted to board instead and took more lessons. At the end of the day there are some really fun bars around also!!
Rith M.
Melrose, MA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
The greatest experience, for all winter sports and activities for family, friends, or your significant other. Great instructor ask for Rev. Donald Coverdale and his lovely wife Janet. There is also a hotel that has a heated pool/sauna outside after a long day of lifts, tubing, skiing, to just relax. It's like a dream it would be snowing but your in a outside pool warm. Great times and memories, we go there for about 3 yrs. The slopes are not icy it's perfect than any other slopes I've been too.
Kaitlyn M.
Westbrook, ME
Sunday River is not far from where I grew up. It's a pretty nice place and has lots of slopes to pick from. As a poor skier I wasn't inclined to spend money skiing at Sunday River because it had a steep price tag. There are lots of other places to ski around Sunday River, I always liked going to Mt. Abram with my family. We also went to Pat's Peak which had easier skiing. There's a lot to do around Sunday River in the summer though and it sure is beautiful!
Rachel H.
Martinsville, IN
After several years of boarding on the east coast, I can say Sunday River has been my favorite - hands down. The place is big enough, with enough terrain and lifts, that even on a holiday weekends I've had little to no wait for lifts. There's a great mix of different difficulty runs, so even beginners don't have to stick to a single slope. You could spend all day here and not do the same run twice. There are good restaurants, fun activities and plenty of ski-in/ski-out places on the mountain.

I love to tell people about Sunday River, but hate to give away the secret - I don't want it to get too crowded!
Deena K.
Thomaston, ME
I am from Maine, so Sunday River is like home for me. I think that this is a great mountain no matter what your skill level; there are trails for everyone. It also has mountain-side condos that are wonderful; its great to be able to wake up in the morning, walk out the door, and hit the trails. SO FUN! Come visit!
Jenna L.
Woburn, MA
Sunday River is a great ski resort for the whole family regardless of ability. They offer rentals, lessons, half-day and full day passes. So even if you want to ski, but your boyfriend wants to learn snowboarding, you can race down the double diamond while he hits the bunny slope with the instructors. I know a few friends who learned to ride here and said the instructors were great. If you find yourself in the area, it's worth it.
Kimberly L.
Jensen Beach, FL
This is the best ski resort on the east coast. It has a such a beautiful and rustic feel with amazing trails and great staff. I recommend this for any level of winner sport participant from beginner to expert. I can't wait to go back again! If you can make it up there, jump on the chance.
Angelique D.
Oakland Park, FL
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
What is the best time of year to visit this resort? (Keeping in mind weather and price).
Davi D.
Southampton, PA
Where is this place located?
Taylor P.
Cuyahoga Fls, OH
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Where is this place located? I love to ski and snowboard and I am always up for a new place.
Nicole G.
San Antonio, TX
How many times have you gone?
Joanna S.