BY SUNDAY RILEY #7 in Face Oil

What it is:
A quick-absorbing, medicated dry oil to clear congested pores, treat and prevent acne, and smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles for clearer, smoother skin.

Solutions for:
- Acne and blemishes
- Blackheads
- Pores

If you want to know more…
With 1.5 percent salicylic acid, this fast-acting, quick-drying, medicated oil clears acne and blackhead-causing buildup and debris from congested pores for smoother, blemish-free skin. Tea tree oil and black cumin seed oil support clear skin, while hexylresorcinol and licorice naturally brighten the appearance of old acne discolorations for a more even-toned complexion.

Counterbalancing the potentially drying effects of salicylic acid, milk thistle and cucumber seed oil nourish the skin and smooth the appearance of lines and wrinkles, without leaving a greasy residue. Chamomile and neroli soothe stressed, blemish-prone skin.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:
"When I formulated U.F.O., I wanted to create a dry oil that practically disappears into the skin, leaving oily skin smooth (but never greasy) and yet effectively treated for blemishes and blackheads. Salicylic acid is notoriously over-drying, leaving your skin stripped and looking irritated. By infusing salicylic acid into clarifying oils (like tea tree oil and black cumin seed oil), the drying effects of salicylic acid are nipped in the bud, while all of the treatment aspects (like clearing congested pores and managing blackheads and blemishes) are in full-force. U.F.O. is part of the new Green Line, along with Martian Mattiyfing Melting Water-Gel Toner, created specifically for oily skin clients."—Sunday Riley

Sunday Riley U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil
  • "Absolutely OBSESSED with this! Keeps all my stubborn acne at bay! I apply twic a day sometimes, once in the am, and once at night. Has a strong natural scent but I actually like it. It is very gentle especially for my sensitive skin. It is an oil, but it works like a charm for oily skin. Wouldn't buy any other serum! " in 93 reviews
  • "Just bought this oil, and immediately after putting it on I can feel my breakouts soothed and the light tingling from the salicylic acid so I know it's working. For my normally oily, retinol-dried out skin, it's hydrating enough for daytime use." in 78 reviews
Katie L.
Alexandria
Whenever my skin is not behaving due to the change in weather or change in hormones, I reach for this oil to help. It is gentle enough to not dry out my skin and the smell isn't overwhelming either. I have tried some other Sunday Riley products and they were a little too harsh for me. I would recommend to others!
Sarah M.
I got a sample of this face oil because it was expensive. Used it once I got home and it smelled badly and it was beyond greasy. When a pea size amount was used it was too little, but when more was added it became greasy. My acne got worst for that week and stop using it because my sensitive skin was getting red.
Kayla J.
Stamford, CT
honestly, this didnt work for me. i have very sensitive skin and have to be careful about using oil based serums. additionally, i think this is something that gets worse before it gets better and for me i never saw the "better". sadly i stopped using this and it took me a long time to clear up my skin afterwards.
Sasha A.
New York
Review for: SUNDAY RILEY U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil 0.5 oz/ 15 mL more...
Really truly love this; I never thought I could use oils on my face since I have a very oily t zone. But this oil has helped calm down any breakouts I have had and I actually love the earthy smell.
jessicalim |.
Cambridge, MA
Review for: Sunday Riley U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil 1 oz more...
LOVE this oil. have been using it for the past year whenever my skin feels congested or I am breaking out. it clears up my acne and prevents future breakouts without totally drying out my skin. doesn’t look weird to use (like pimple patches or sulfur treatments) and has also reduced the number of blackheads i have
Gemma N.
The only oil for acne and it works! Sunday Riley's oil is a hit for me. I tried the U.F.O and Luna, they are all effective and worth the price. I highly recommend them! I only have acne occasionally, so I only repurchased the Luna. But U.F.O is really great and I highly recommend this if you have acne problems.
Shannon
Review for: Sunday Riley U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil 1 oz more...
Use this during breakouts or after a hot day when my makeup feels melted. It’s expensive but a little goes a loooong way. Smells very strongly of tea tree which doesn’t bother me but if you don’t like that smell, you won’t like this. I love it tho. Helps get get rid of blemishes or prevents them altogether. Love all of Sunday Riley’s face oils!! They’re the bestest!!
Allison C.
Durant , IA
Review for: Sunday Riley U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil 1 oz more...
Smells good, feels good, feels cool on the skin. very expensive but worth the cost. Left my skin very hydrated and clean. Smells like essential oils. Its such a great brand. Bought at Sephora, very nice. Didn’t disappoint. Would buy again, if I had the money. Only room for improvement is price, of course everything’s better cheaper. :)
caitlin m.
This oil gives my skin such a gorgeous glow and keeps my blackheads and small breakouts under control, but I’ve found it’s a little too drying to use daily for my sensitive skin. Nevertheless, I’ll still use it about twice a week under my night cream to control my acne. It’s pricey, but a little goes a long way.
Claire K.
Columbus
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: SUNDAY RILEY U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil 0.5 oz/ 15 mL more...
MY HOLY GRAIL! This keeps my skin beautifully clear. The smell is a bit strong but I actually love the scent. I don’t know what magic is in this stuff but if I have a little zit pop up and use this on it it’ll be gone/almost gone by morning! This oil does wonders for my pores too. This is THE best face oil ever!
Mariah L.
Dover, NH
I am very interested in this product, but have dry skin. Would you recommend this for dryer skin?
Ellen R.
Ann Arbor, MI
Does this work/help sensitive/acne prone skin?
Marquita S.
Richmond
What type of scent does this oil have?
Victoria S.
Sunday Riley U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil what did this do for your skin?
Shayla M.
Bensalem, PA
Does this leave your skin feeling more oily afterwards? I tried the SUNDAY RILEY Luna Sleeping Night Oil and it just sat on top of my skin and made me break out more. Hoping this won't do the same.