BY SUNDAY RILEY #7 in Face Oil

What it is:
A quick-absorbing, medicated dry oil to clear congested pores, treat and prevent acne, and smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles for clearer, smoother skin.

Solutions for:
- Acne and blemishes
- Blackheads
- Pores

If you want to know more…
With 1.5 percent salicylic acid, this fast-acting, quick-drying, medicated oil clears acne and blackhead-causing buildup and debris from congested pores for smoother, blemish-free skin. Tea tree oil and black cumin seed oil support clear skin, while hexylresorcinol and licorice naturally brighten the appearance of old acne discolorations for a more even-toned complexion.

Counterbalancing the potentially drying effects of salicylic acid, milk thistle and cucumber seed oil nourish the skin and smooth the appearance of lines and wrinkles, without leaving a greasy residue. Chamomile and neroli soothe stressed, blemish-prone skin.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:
"When I formulated U.F.O., I wanted to create a dry oil that practically disappears into the skin, leaving oily skin smooth (but never greasy) and yet effectively treated for blemishes and blackheads. Salicylic acid is notoriously over-drying, leaving your skin stripped and looking irritated. By infusing salicylic acid into clarifying oils (like tea tree oil and black cumin seed oil), the drying effects of salicylic acid are nipped in the bud, while all of the treatment aspects (like clearing congested pores and managing blackheads and blemishes) are in full-force. U.F.O. is part of the new Green Line, along with Martian Mattiyfing Melting Water-Gel Toner, created specifically for oily skin clients."—Sunday Riley

Sunday Riley U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil
  • "Absolutely OBSESSED with this! Keeps all my stubborn acne at bay! I apply twic a day sometimes, once in the am, and once at night. Has a strong natural scent but I actually like it. It is very gentle especially for my sensitive skin. It is an oil, but it works like a charm for oily skin. Wouldn't buy any other serum! " in 93 reviews
  • "Just bought this oil, and immediately after putting it on I can feel my breakouts soothed and the light tingling from the salicylic acid so I know it's working. For my normally oily, retinol-dried out skin, it's hydrating enough for daytime use." in 78 reviews
Emily M.
Middleburg
Review for: Sunday Riley U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil 1 oz more...
I absolutely love this face oil! I'm almost done with my first bottle and will definitely repurchase! When I'm breaking out, I use this at night and by morning my redness and blemishes are calmed quite a bit. I was also a little concerned because I have oily skin but I feel like this helps keep my sebum production down.
Krystle P.
Punta Gorda, FL
I initially got introduced to Sunday’s products through my Allure Box. I started with the Luna Sleep Oil. I loved the results, but I am acne prone. I switched to the ultra-clarifying fail oil about a month ago and I love it. Always nourishing and my skin is so clear and smooth. I love using this great product and will continue to purchase. Phenomenal results!
Vasha P.
Ft Lauderdale, FL
Purchased at: Sephora
At first I was scared to put oil on my face but after a couple of nights using it I am in love. It comes with a hefty price tag but it works so good with my skin.
Sejal P.
Great for breakouts and to use daily. My husband loves this product because it helps with his breakouts and doesn't cause oiliness
Anisha Y.
Purchased at: Sephora
Okay, so the reason I bought this oil was to use an oil during the day and also because it was for acne prone skin, which is what o have. However I don’t think it helped with my blackheads, I used this during the winter months. The smell is strong and does get a little over powering, so if you are sensitive, be careful.
Samantha W.
Saginaw
Review for: SUNDAY RILEY U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil 0.5 oz/ 15 mL more...
I wanted this serum to work sooo badly because I'm obsessive about trying to clear my skin. I have oily, acne-prone skin. I bought the .5 oz bottle of the face oil back in mid-July. I started out using it once a day at night and increased to AM and PM after a couple weeks. I honestly did not notice any difference in the clarity of my skin. I don't think this product helped clear or prevent breakouts. Considering the price ($40 for .5 oz and $80 for 1 oz) this was extremely disappointing. I've done a lot of research in the last few weeks and realized there are many other anti-acne serums with similar ingredients at a much more affordable price so I'm moving on to try more products. --POSITIVES-- This product did make my skin feel softer than it ever has before!-- Bottom line, NOT worth the price.
Robin F.
San Bruno, CA
Purchased at: Sephora
This is for oily skin. I repeat: This says right on the front it is for oily acne prone skin. I am not that. I should really give Sephora -2 because they’re the website that listed this as good for all skin types. So @ Sunday Riley I love the CEO brightening. And after hearing another group rave about this UFO oil, I gave it a try for month and it did not work for me. It didn’t help where I was breaking out, and then I got another area of break outs afterwards. They say there is a period where this oil will purge the impurities from your face, but I didn’t have any of that. I would have been happier if something happened so I knew it was working, nope. 👎🏻
Kali D.
Apple Valley, CA
Purchased at: Nordstrom
Review for: Sunday Riley U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil 1 oz more...
I love this stuff, in the first week of using it I noticed a difference in my skin as far as breakouts and is really helping smooth my skin out!
Ashley H.
Lakewood, OH
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: SUNDAY RILEY U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil 0.5 oz/ 15 mL more...
This has been amazing for my acne breakouts. It does kinda have a weird smell to it but because it works so well I will continue to use it. I usually use it in the morning before applying makeup and use the Luna oil at night
Regan M.
I bought Sunday Riley products in a small sample kit. The UFO oil is great when applied at night. I did not notice improvement in my skin until a few weeks of consistently using it. I was a little thrown off from the color, its green,  and smell. The smell is not bad but it does not have a strong chemical smell like most face products do.  A little bit of the oil goes a long way. I was afraid of the oil getting on and staining my pillow cases but I have not noticed an issue.
Mariah L.
Dover, NH
I am very interested in this product, but have dry skin. Would you recommend this for dryer skin?
Ellen R.
Ann Arbor, MI
Does this work/help sensitive/acne prone skin?
Marquita S.
Richmond
What type of scent does this oil have?
Victoria S.
Sunday Riley U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil what did this do for your skin?
Shayla M.
Bensalem, PA
Does this leave your skin feeling more oily afterwards? I tried the Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil and it just sat on top of my skin and made me break out more. Hoping this won't do the same.