BY SUNDAY RILEY #7 in Face Oil

What it is:
A quick-absorbing, medicated dry oil to clear congested pores, treat and prevent acne, and smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles for clearer, smoother skin.

Solutions for:
- Acne and blemishes
- Blackheads
- Pores

If you want to know more…
With 1.5 percent salicylic acid, this fast-acting, quick-drying, medicated oil clears acne and blackhead-causing buildup and debris from congested pores for smoother, blemish-free skin. Tea tree oil and black cumin seed oil support clear skin, while hexylresorcinol and licorice naturally brighten the appearance of old acne discolorations for a more even-toned complexion.

Counterbalancing the potentially drying effects of salicylic acid, milk thistle and cucumber seed oil nourish the skin and smooth the appearance of lines and wrinkles, without leaving a greasy residue. Chamomile and neroli soothe stressed, blemish-prone skin.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:
"When I formulated U.F.O., I wanted to create a dry oil that practically disappears into the skin, leaving oily skin smooth (but never greasy) and yet effectively treated for blemishes and blackheads. Salicylic acid is notoriously over-drying, leaving your skin stripped and looking irritated. By infusing salicylic acid into clarifying oils (like tea tree oil and black cumin seed oil), the drying effects of salicylic acid are nipped in the bud, while all of the treatment aspects (like clearing congested pores and managing blackheads and blemishes) are in full-force. U.F.O. is part of the new Green Line, along with Martian Mattiyfing Melting Water-Gel Toner, created specifically for oily skin clients."—Sunday Riley

Sunday Riley U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil
  • "Absolutely OBSESSED with this! Keeps all my stubborn acne at bay! I apply twic a day sometimes, once in the am, and once at night. Has a strong natural scent but I actually like it. It is very gentle especially for my sensitive skin. It is an oil, but it works like a charm for oily skin. Wouldn't buy any other serum! " in 93 reviews
  • "Just bought this oil, and immediately after putting it on I can feel my breakouts soothed and the light tingling from the salicylic acid so I know it's working. For my normally oily, retinol-dried out skin, it's hydrating enough for daytime use." in 78 reviews
Chelsea H.
It’s strange to think of an oil as clarifying but this one definitely is. I like to use this 1-2 times a week, as overuse can lead to breakouts because this is still an oil. With correct usage it hydrates the skin while clarifying and doesn’t feel greasy. It sinks in fast and when you wake up your skin looks more radiant and plump.
Christina M.
Washington , DC
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: SUNDAY RILEY U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil 0.5 oz/ 15 mL more...
Don’t think I’d purchase again. I just don’t think it does a good job in clearing up my skin. And honestly the smell is so bad I have to hold my breath for a few minutes until I can get over it
Jessica C.
This did not work for me. It made my skin texture worse and made my face feel oily. I would not recommend, i really wanted it to work. I heard lota of good things about it but sadly wasnt for me.
Jorvy T.
NEW YORK, NY
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: Sunday Riley U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil 1 oz more...
So far I'm happy with the results. My pores are clearer and I can see results. The piney smell isn't bothersome and is gone in a flash. I think others will be pleased, as well.
Lori L.
San Antonio, TX
Review for: Sunday Riley U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil 1 oz more...
This was the first face oil that I have ever used, I wasn’t sure how I was going to like it because I read many reviews on Sephora that said it made people break out. However, I have been using this face oil to help with my blackheads along my lower jaw line, I love the smell of the product and feel like it meets my expectations of clarifying my skin. Love this product and would recommend!
Jennifer B.
Bolling Afb, DC
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: Sunday Riley U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil 1 oz, SUNDAY RILEY U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil 0.5 oz/ 15 mL more...
Perfect for spot treatments . I use this on my t zone everyday and spot treat when I’m breaking out . It actually works . I love Sunday Riley products
kinga I.
Brookline, MA
This is my absolute favorite splurge item. I use it every day - sometimes twice a day. The scent is hearty and almost "savory" in its herbals, and can take some getting used to. However, oily acne spots are immediately dried and my skin's overall moisture stays balanced. I love this at night or mixed with foundation in the morning.
Katelyn M.
Glendale, AZ
Purchased at: Sephora
I’m obsessed with this oil. I was always afraid to try an oil because I have acne-prone skin, and anything with the word “oil” in it used to scare me. But incorporating this into my nightly routine has made such a difference. It contains Salicylic Acid which helps with my breakouts, but the oil is hydrating to my skin so it doesn’t get too dried out. It’s pricey but worth it. A little goes a long way. Highly recommended for anyone with acne-prone skin!
Makeup M.
This face oil changed the game for me. I was having problems with texture and so I decided to try this during the VIB Rouge appreciation sale and wow it changed my skin. I was worried about having a "purge" where all the junk comes up super gross but that didn't happen. It has made my skin so smooth and nice. It's also hydrating and you only need two or three drops to cover your whole face each night. It took me 12 weeks to finish the 0.5 oz container. So the price tag is a lot at once but it ends up being less than $4/ week because you need so little. Could not recommend more.
Kaitlin R.
quincy, MA
I actually use this as a spot treatment, specifically on my forehead and my upper back which are susceptible to acne. The smell is strong but not overpowering - mostly herbal. I noticed a difference after using it for about 1 month.
Mariah L.
Dover, NH
I am very interested in this product, but have dry skin. Would you recommend this for dryer skin?
Ellen R.
Ann Arbor, MI
Does this work/help sensitive/acne prone skin?
Marquita S.
Richmond
What type of scent does this oil have?
Victoria S.
Sunday Riley U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil what did this do for your skin?
Shayla M.
Bensalem, PA
Does this leave your skin feeling more oily afterwards? I tried the Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil and it just sat on top of my skin and made me break out more. Hoping this won't do the same.